Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,357 members, 7,800,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:08 AM

34 People Killed At Potiskum Cattle-Market In Yobe State - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 34 People Killed At Potiskum Cattle-Market In Yobe State (17523 Views)

Troops Ambush Boko Haram Terrorists At Major Cattle Market In Borno. See Photos / BREAKING NEWS: Boko Haram Insurgents Have Killed Over 34 People In Gwoza / Pictures Of The 47 Students Killed At Potiskum,yobe State Two Days Ago. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 34 People Killed At Potiskum Cattle-Market In Yobe State by Tropilo(m): 9:41pm On May 03, 2012
1025: how on earth is a country with a president go this low in history. jonathan has contributed more bloods than any other past president of this country to their cult blood bank.
there is every tendency that nigeria will be reduced to half of its population by the time jonathan finish his first tenure.
i remembered as far back as 2003 when the then Gov of abia state(orji uzor kalu) said that pdp is a blood thirsty party and no one took him serious.
it is only pdp that has solution to this problem.
someone took an oath to protect the lives and properties of nigerians and that he is not doing in any manner - why can't this man resign and save our lives?

Resign and handover to who? Sambo? And then the bombings will just seize automatically. Baa?
So much hate for this GEJ of a man. Nawa!
Re: 34 People Killed At Potiskum Cattle-Market In Yobe State by Akpan107(m): 10:01pm On May 03, 2012
[quote author=Ogbonaikenna]The total number is not up to 3.1million yet. Let the killing discontinue, in Jesus name...
Re: 34 People Killed At Potiskum Cattle-Market In Yobe State by Akpan107(m): 10:09pm On May 03, 2012
o.obim:
Atleast none of my SE/SS people were killed.I weep for d innocent northerners
i think, these people love killing... Is a pity.
Re: 34 People Killed At Potiskum Cattle-Market In Yobe State by infofirst(m): 10:11pm On May 03, 2012
Are the Cattle burnt christians or Muslims? i Beg, this whole tin political joh
Re: 34 People Killed At Potiskum Cattle-Market In Yobe State by Akpan107(m): 10:24pm On May 03, 2012
kay-1one:
Naija na war zone!
Dont say ''Naija'' say North'' because the South is peaceful!
Re: 34 People Killed At Potiskum Cattle-Market In Yobe State by Nobody: 10:59pm On May 03, 2012
I understand they're trying to reduce the over population but abortion should be the best way instead. RIP fellas
Re: 34 People Killed At Potiskum Cattle-Market In Yobe State by Piyke: 11:09pm On May 03, 2012
Reuters has the death toll at 60 now.

"The Yobe State Governor has visited the Potiskum cattle market where he was informed that 60 people had been killed in the attack, while 29 people are receiving treatment at the Hospital," Abdullahi Bego, spokesman for Governor Ibrahim Gaidam, told Reuters by telephone..."

Read the rest here http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/05/03/us-nigeria-violence-idUSBRE8421GG20120503
Re: 34 People Killed At Potiskum Cattle-Market In Yobe State by NRIPRIEST(m): 11:12pm On May 03, 2012
Do you guys think a northerner(excluding middlebelters) can ever rule nigeria again ? I think the killing nature of the north was influenced by their religion because every chapter in the KORAN says "kill", "kill" and "kill" again for any little provocation ! You people will eat your shiit before you rule nigeria again!
You people are sick and hopeless and has become slaves to arab conspiracy! Destruction is your destination because you think human beings are like the cow you rear.
Re: 34 People Killed At Potiskum Cattle-Market In Yobe State by tbaba1234: 11:16pm On May 03, 2012
NRI PRIEST: Do you guys think a northerner(excluding middlebelters) can ever rule nigeria again ? I think the killing nature of the north was influenced by their religion because every chapter in the KORAN says "kill", "kill" and "kill" again for any little provocation ! You people will eat your shiit before you rule nigeria again!
You people are sick and hopeless and has become slaves to arab conspiracy! Destruction is your destination because you think human beings are like the cow you rear.

Olodo, pick up a book and make informed comments... You have not read the Quran for sure!!
Re: 34 People Killed At Potiskum Cattle-Market In Yobe State by smsgold: 11:18pm On May 03, 2012
Hmmm
Re: 34 People Killed At Potiskum Cattle-Market In Yobe State by guonno: 11:28pm On May 03, 2012
ONE-NIJERIA POLICY BY THE SW, SS, MB, AND NORTH IS FAST BOCOMING A REALITY, LOL.
Re: 34 People Killed At Potiskum Cattle-Market In Yobe State by Nobody: 11:33pm On May 03, 2012
smh @ ppl cracking jokes as if this is funny. undecided

1 Like

Re: 34 People Killed At Potiskum Cattle-Market In Yobe State by naijaforlife: 12:31am On May 04, 2012
NRI PRIEST: Do you guys think a northerner(excluding middlebelters) can ever rule nigeria again ? I think the killing nature of the north was influenced by their religion because every chapter in the KORAN says "kill", "kill" and "kill" again for any little provocation ! You people will eat your shiit before you rule nigeria again!

Kindly pardon me for lack of a better expression. [s]Nri Priest is a born again fool. The earlier he gets his odour oozing mouth that smells like a skunksewn up with a barb wire the beter for him. What a gossiping malicious old bag! It is careless statements like his that endangers the civilians and non-politicians caught up in this mess. Condemn an action not a religion or ethnic divide. Are atrocities committed by Christians make the religion evil? The notorious armed robbers ever known in this country are mainly christians. Do those robbers make Christians armed robbers?
Re: 34 People Killed At Potiskum Cattle-Market In Yobe State by NRIPRIEST(m): 1:31am On May 04, 2012
naijaforlife:

Kindly pardon me for lack of a better expression. [s]Nri Priest is a born again fool. The earlier he gets his odour oozing mouth that smells like a skunksewn up with a barb wire the beter for him. What a gossiping malicious old bag! It is careless statements like his that endangers the civilians and non-politicians caught up in this mess. Condemn an action not a religion or ethnic divide. Are atrocities committed by Christians make the religion evil? The notorious armed robbers ever known in this country are mainly christians. Do those robbers make Christians armed robbers?

I guess i just provoked you BLOOD-LICKERS abi ? I am very sure you will soon hit the KORAN to find a verse that says "GO AND BLOW YOURSELF UP IF NRI PRIEST UPSETS YOU" ! I know you are very thirsty for blood but dont worry i will slaughter my goat tomorow and maybe that will reduce the thirst for HUMAN BLOOD!
Re: 34 People Killed At Potiskum Cattle-Market In Yobe State by aljharem(m): 1:34am On May 04, 2012
NRI PRIEST:

I guess i just provoked you BLOOD-LICKERS abi ? I am very sure you will soon hit the KORAN to find a verse that says "GO AND BLOW YOURSELF UP IF NRI PRIEST UPSETS YOU" ! I know you are very thirsty for blood but dont worry i will slaughter my goat tomorow and maybe that will reduce the thirst for HUMAN BLOOD!

Na wa o !!! Please the Quran did not say anything about blood o !! Stop selling people wrong information.
Re: 34 People Killed At Potiskum Cattle-Market In Yobe State by tpia5: 1:56am On May 04, 2012
there is every tendency that nigeria will be reduced to half of its population by the time jonathan finish his first tenure

that's possible i guess.
Re: 34 People Killed At Potiskum Cattle-Market In Yobe State by honeric01(m): 1:57am On May 04, 2012
We have too many animals in Nigeria and the products can be seen on this thread, alot of animals talking from their asses, God knows but these people are just not it at all... short of words... generation of fools angry
Re: 34 People Killed At Potiskum Cattle-Market In Yobe State by tpia5: 2:00am On May 04, 2012
stebell: Why are not hearing of bombs and killings in the South?

are you for real?
Re: 34 People Killed At Potiskum Cattle-Market In Yobe State by naijaforlife: 2:38am On May 04, 2012
NRI PRIEST:

Nri Priest, do not miss the point. As someone in the Diaspora, US for that matter I expected that you should have risen above your state of unconscious subconsiousness to know that evil has no gender, religion, race, or lineage. It only has identity - evil. Earlier this year or late last year, two tribes from the Eastern part of Nigeria (your tribe, pardon my emphasis) engaged in intra-tribal wars and so many lives were lost. They are not Hausas nor Muslims. But then, this should not make me conclude that Easterners are blood-thirsty people. I swear that I had had the uncommon privilege of meeting with conscious and emotionally stable Easterners amd Southerners from Nigeria. Equally, I have met some amiable, down to heart Notherners, and very frank and upright Westerners. There are millions more I am yet to meet. I respect them for their dilligence, enterprise, brilliance and intelligence. Your grand display of ignorance will not make me to change my positive perception about postively exemplary nigerians. I sincerely wish that you are idle and by your comment you just want to pull some nerves, very expensive one though. If otherwise, the US you reside has not changed anything in you. It's even more dangerous to ask you to go back to Nigeria at this point in time because of the social menace and psychological insecurity your foul comments may generate. Hmmmn..... may be it may interest reasonable Nairalanders to suggest your suitable next location.
Re: 34 People Killed At Potiskum Cattle-Market In Yobe State by BlueMagic2(m): 3:21am On May 04, 2012
Who exactly is in charge of d country. No time i turn on d news on Nigeria that some $hit is not happenin in Naija. Never knew so much Badluck cld come 4rm Goodluck. This has got 2 be d most hopeless, useless, POS, SOB president Nigeria has ever had. How d hel did y'all vote for this A$$hole & he is contemplating running for re-election. I wish Nigerians will wake up 1 day if they ever will....................
Re: 34 People Killed At Potiskum Cattle-Market In Yobe State by NRIPRIEST(m): 3:38am On May 04, 2012
alj harem:

Na wa o !!! Please the Quran did not say anything about blood o !! Stop selling people wrong information.

Do you remember the day Anambra buried about fourteen families who were victims of the madala christmas eve bombings and just days after that the moslems(boko haram) released a letter with full details of why the CHRISTIANS were killed with very impressive quotations from the QURAN backing their evil deeds! Muhammed formed this DEMONIC RELIGION CALLED ISLAM and enforced it with EXTREME VIOLENCE! MUHAMMED molested under age girls in the name of marriage ! Tell me muhammed is not a PAEDOPHILE! I had a room mate who was from CHAD and he told me blatantly to my face that the QURAN say "if there is a war and you came accross infidels(christians) who doesnt wanna convert you should behead them all and enjoy it while doing it! My jaw dropped! Muhammed never performed miracle like healing the sick! The man was possesed with evil spirit and if you doubt me you should ask yourself what good has Islam brought to this world. I pity the blacks "WANNA BE ARAB". They look at you like inferiors.
Re: 34 People Killed At Potiskum Cattle-Market In Yobe State by jmaine: 4:30am On May 04, 2012
How can people be rejoicing over the unjust murder of fellow citizens . .Na wao angry
Re: 34 People Killed At Potiskum Cattle-Market In Yobe State by AustineE1: 6:42am On May 04, 2012
I sympathise with Nigerians & non Nigerians who lost there lives in this dastard act of barbarism.while growing up in the North,its a common sight to see Hausa kids moving around with daggers,initially i thought its about religion but we ve also lived with southern muslim kids who never moved around with daggers.At the slightest provocatn this Hausa kids either stabs or threaten you with it,so i honestly do think that there is something of violence enshrined in the Hausa Fulani culture,this kids of yesterday has grown up to unleash the monster in them.Boko Haram,has always been with the North right from the days of Maitatsine,right from the days when Gideon Akaluka an ibo man was beheaded and celebrated in the street of Kano,right from the days when a Yoruba christain female teacher was unclad by her primary sch students in Bauchi,for nt respecting the Koran and was instantly murdered!the list is endless...this mindset of always blaming GEJ even when you fight with your wife must end,we must face reality and look in wards!The questn is,why was there an upsurge of violence in the North after GEJ won the electn?what happened to the threat by some prominent Northernres to make Nigeria ungovernable,if GEJ wins?what led to the killing of corpers,christains & non northerners in the North immediatly after the elctn?why are Northern elites evasive in condenming Boko haram?why are the putting the blame on the doors of GEJ&is there a secret pact not to allow a minority southern christain from being president?i rest my case.

1 Like

Re: 34 People Killed At Potiskum Cattle-Market In Yobe State by igboboy1(m): 7:34am On May 04, 2012
Bluetooths people at it again na wa o
Re: 34 People Killed At Potiskum Cattle-Market In Yobe State by uwani(f): 9:46am On May 04, 2012
Funny the way people reason in this country, Three men attacked an ibo man at potiskum and even shot him, the fulanis in the cattle market were able to apprehend one of them and they burnt him alive, what happened on wednesday was a reprisal attack on the fulanis for burning that man alive.
We norherners also frown at the activities of these guys but you no what, even the military presence cannot stop them from killing anyone that gets in their way, everyday between 6-7pm people get killed and these people are northern muslims (and not christians) who get in their way or even bad mouth them.
Our leaders cannot even protect us against them because they are also scared of them. But really if those fulanis could be masacred like that in a town with heavy military presence, for helping an ibo guy and all you guys can say is that they served it, i really weep for this nation.
Re: 34 People Killed At Potiskum Cattle-Market In Yobe State by Calebsky(m): 9:56am On May 04, 2012
Austine.E:
I sympathise with Nigerians & non Nigerians who lost there lives in this dastard act of barbarism.while growing up in the North,its a common sight to see Hausa kids moving around with daggers,initially i thought its about religion but we ve also lived with southern muslim kids who never moved around with daggers.At the slightest provocatn this Hausa kids either stabs or threaten you with it,so i honestly do think that there is something of violence enshrined in the Hausa Fulani culture,this kids of yesterday has grown up to unleash the monster in them.Boko Haram,has always been with the North right from the days of Maitatsine,right from the days when Gideon Akaluka an ibo man was beheaded and celebrated in the street of Kano,right from the days when a Yoruba christain female teacher was unclad by her primary sch students in Bauchi,for nt respecting the Koran and was instantly murdered!the list is endless...this mindset of always blaming GEJ even when you fight with your wife must end,we must face reality and look in wards!The questn is,why was there an upsurge of violence in the North after GEJ won the electn?what happened to the threat by some prominent Northernres to make Nigeria ungovernable,if GEJ wins?what led to the killing of corpers,christains & non northerners in the North immediatly after the elctn?why are Northern elites evasive in condenming Boko haram?why are the putting the blame on the doors of GEJ&is there a secret pact not to allow a minority southern christain from being president?i rest my case.

I quite agree with you and this is what a forumite said in a different discussion https://www.nairaland.com/924596/moving-federal-capital-territory-abuja/1#10719895 His analysis of issues intrigued me.
Re: 34 People Killed At Potiskum Cattle-Market In Yobe State by Calebsky(m): 10:07am On May 04, 2012
uwani: Funny the way people reason in this country, Three men attacked an ibo man at potiskum and even shot him, the fulanis in the cattle market were able to apprehend one of them and they burnt him alive, what happened on wednesday was a reprisal attack on the fulanis for burning that man alive.
We norherners also frown at the activities of these guys but you no what, even the military presence cannot stop them from killing anyone that gets in their way, everyday between 6-7pm people get killed and these people are northern muslims (and not christians) who get in their way or even bad mouth them.
Our leaders cannot even protect us against them because they are also scared of them. But really if those fulanis could be masacred like that in a town with heavy military presence, for helping an ibo guy and all you guys can say is that they served it, i really weep for this nation.

hello dear, who are these men and what is the name of this sect? are they also bokoharamites? or a new insurgent group? what a country we live in that the persons armed with the security of the lives of her people are also scared of taming unscrupulous elements, notwithstanding their military might. what a world!
Re: 34 People Killed At Potiskum Cattle-Market In Yobe State by mygsmnairacom(m): 11:19am On May 04, 2012
May God grant rest to the departed, and speedy recovery to the injured. Please Baba, give the assailants work to do.......

https://www.nairaland.com/923056/smart-ways-reduce-extended-family
Re: 34 People Killed At Potiskum Cattle-Market In Yobe State by megxo(m): 11:32am On May 04, 2012
seems errybodi in d north now owns a gun....hmmm, na wa 2 dis country o
Re: 34 People Killed At Potiskum Cattle-Market In Yobe State by Nobody: 11:56am On May 04, 2012
Nigeria is Gradually falling into a state of Anarchy. Chei!
Re: 34 People Killed At Potiskum Cattle-Market In Yobe State by miccodb(m): 12:04pm On May 04, 2012
after reading all the comments; i don tire. talk don too much. abeg what is the solution to all these? what can we do in our own space?
Re: 34 People Killed At Potiskum Cattle-Market In Yobe State by silibaba: 12:24pm On May 04, 2012
sometimes if feel like putting up nigeria FOR SALE. dont ask me why angry angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Power Tussle Delays Budget Passage / Senate Plots Ali Ndume’s Suspension / Raymond Dokpesi Released After Detention At Abuja Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.