Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,980 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:07 AM

How Can One Tell Someone 'it's Over' Without Really Hurting Their Feelings? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Can One Tell Someone 'it's Over' Without Really Hurting Their Feelings? (23167 Views)

How Do Ladies Manage To Hide Their Feelings Successfully? / Why Do Girls Hide Their Feelings? / Should You Always Tell Someone You Love How You Feel About Them? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can One Tell Someone 'it's Over' Without Really Hurting Their Feelings? by Onegai(f): 7:20pm On May 07, 2012
All these stories above, it wasn't that they broke up that caused the wahala, it was how they broke up. The way you leave a rel shows how you were in it, so if you decide to start showing bad character so he/she leaves you, the memory they hold is that you have a bad character. Simples.
Re: How Can One Tell Someone 'it's Over' Without Really Hurting Their Feelings? by phemi3: 8:33pm On May 07, 2012
Nice stories! What I do believe is that people dat are destined to help each other will certainly do. So let's not be too sentimental about it. Take instances of Nigeria politicians; u help them to get to the top but they forget all promises made! What I'm tryin to say is protocol/no protocol; who's destined to help, will help. Nice story thou!
Re: How Can One Tell Someone 'it's Over' Without Really Hurting Their Feelings? by jpphilips(m): 9:06pm On May 07, 2012
Onegai:

The reason I stand by my words is it takes 2 to Bleep.up a rel. So if she was truly all at fault, what would it cost you to be polite while leaving, eh But the fact is that in every rel, there was misunderstanding on both sides, and the breakup merely means you've decided to try other options. Simple. So why be a goat abt it? Ask yourself: "why must I breakup harshly, why must I ignore, blank, blame, act like a bad person to leave this person if she didn't cheat on me, steal my money, kill a family member?" Why are you punishing that person for a rel not working out, when we all know not all will??

even Amadioha will have a hard time taking you serious, read my lips, dumping someone is a bad event in its entirety, no chivalry can change it, its like saying that you want to attend a pleasant burial, now how cool is that? she/he is being dumped because he/she wasn't good enof in the first place, so whats the ceremony about? nostalgic feelings of lost insanity? oh!! please, get busy my dear, too many jobless youth dese days

1 Like

Re: How Can One Tell Someone 'it's Over' Without Really Hurting Their Feelings? by Onegai(f): 9:12pm On May 07, 2012
---
Re: How Can One Tell Someone 'it's Over' Without Really Hurting Their Feelings? by Onegai(f): 9:14pm On May 07, 2012
Guess my point is that I agree with you, there are no exact steps, just some basic guidelines. Put yourself in their shoes. One old toaster of mine called me today to gist. You would have thought he was a lover or friend, though we've not spoken in months, because I ended things well. And yeah, he was hurt when I said no, but guys dealt with me last year (I tend to attract the immature, so am working on me to stop that) so I felt his pain. Now I could have gone "you dis razz bobo with no job, u no see wia I live?? Respect ya level". Instead I went "hi, this wouldn't work out, it's not your current prospects, we're not alike. Hope we'll be friends one day". Cost me nothing. He still felt like a man. Try breaking up one day calmly, you'll recover faster, because there was less messiness.
And I don't believe in Destiny, that's what Churches use to convince you that after all your sinning, good things will come your way no matter what. Which totally goes against biblical teachings, but that's modern_day christianity for you. Your destiny is God-given, not man-made, and if it isn't God's will for you to work in oil firm, all the tithing and skabashing in the world won't help you. It could be your destiny to be a street preacher (like John the Baptist)or a Hosea, or Jeremiah but strangely churches only proclaim the destiny of David and Solomon and rich biblical characters
Re: How Can One Tell Someone 'it's Over' Without Really Hurting Their Feelings? by jpphilips(m): 9:28pm On May 07, 2012
Onegai: ---

you write so much that you lose context, a chyker you called it, do you break up with chykers?
now we have understood you are polite to admirers good for you but i tell you what, if you are stunningly beautiful and you attract men in droves, after 5yrs of your life, you will psychologically develop a cloud of attitude to protect yourself from those trooping radicals.
in conclusion, i think you are just an average gal or a little below ave that you need to be that nice pending when you may need them again no offense though

all you are saying makes no pragmatic sense unless you are begging for attention from guys, the bad news is that loads of girls get more than required attention so they hardly care about the feelings of a loser,
its like saying RIP to a shot armed robber,

baby, you are either unattractive or jobless IMHO
Re: How Can One Tell Someone 'it's Over' Without Really Hurting Their Feelings? by phemi3: 9:57pm On May 07, 2012
hmnnnnnn! Na wa oooooo. Things are getting hot in here!
Re: How Can One Tell Someone 'it's Over' Without Really Hurting Their Feelings? by Onegai(f): 10:37pm On May 07, 2012
jp philips:

you write so much that you lose context, a chyker you called it, do you break up with chykers?
now we have understood you are polite to admirers good for you but i tell you what, if you are stunningly beautiful and you attract men in droves, after 5yrs of your life, you will psychologically develop a cloud of attitude to protect yourself from those trooping radicals.
in conclusion, i think you are just an average gal or a little below ave that you need to be that nice pending when you may need them again no offense though

all you are saying makes no pragmatic sense unless you are begging for attention from guys, the bad news is that loads of girls get more than required attention so they hardly care about the feelings of a loser,
its like saying RIP to a shot armed robber,

baby, you are either unattractive or jobless IMHO

grin grin grin grin you're funny. Trust me, even you cannot afford me. Trust me. I won awards at Uni for looks (I really didn't like being nominated though and it's why I'm very careful how I post here, I used to be super-popular for being hot and I hated it), I have a very popular last name. I'm polite because my dad taught me all people, from his mechanic to my uncle (on the list of Nigeria's richest) deserves the same measure of politeness. And no, I'm not some 25 year old chicken. It's sad that when a pretty girl is humble, she's seen as having low self-esteem. I guess I should start shouting and vexing, like a child. grin
Re: How Can One Tell Someone 'it's Over' Without Really Hurting Their Feelings? by jpphilips(m): 10:49pm On May 07, 2012
Onegai:

grin grin grin grin you're funny. Trust me, even you cannot afford me. Trust me. I won awards at Uni for looks (I really didn't like being nominated though and it's why I'm very careful how I post here, I used to be super-popular for being hot and I hated it), I have a very popular last name. I'm polite because my dad taught me all people, from his mechanic to my uncle (on the list of Nigeria's richest) deserves the same measure of politeness. And no, I'm not some 25 year old chicken. It's sad that when a pretty girl is humble, she's seen as having low self-esteem. I guess I should start shouting and vexing, like a child. grin

pics please!!!!!!!!

local champion on rampage lol, after all, professor for Zamfara go Imo state see say him level na imbec!le and yaba+ u neva see anything, what are you selling that i cant afford? is credit not allowed? when i say i aint buying ur over sized bra you will want me to say it politely abi? thank God joblessness no be crime

Re: How Can One Tell Someone 'it's Over' Without Really Hurting Their Feelings? by phemi3: 11:16pm On May 07, 2012
kk; what has pics got to do with what is @ hand? U guyz has contributed immensely to this thread; why d sudden 'hush'? Anyway guys, just come of it. because pple is entitle to his/her own opinion. Just love you guyz!
Re: How Can One Tell Someone 'it's Over' Without Really Hurting Their Feelings? by sewenn(m): 11:10pm On May 08, 2012
saying the truth and nothing but the truth
Re: How Can One Tell Someone 'it's Over' Without Really Hurting Their Feelings? by sewenn(m): 11:25pm On May 08, 2012
What about your GFs smiley
MsDarkSkin: wink

cheesy
Re: How Can One Tell Someone 'it's Over' Without Really Hurting Their Feelings? by toygod2: 10:36pm On Oct 19, 2012
like 'ITS OVA' simple . haha
Re: How Can One Tell Someone 'it's Over' Without Really Hurting Their Feelings? by phemi3: 11:16pm On Mar 16, 2013
sewenn: saying the truth and nothing but the truth
The truth is hard to tell. Take for instance; the girl I told you that was my sisters fwend; it's a lie. She's d one taking your place in my heart. I dont love you anymore. Shikena! U don die be dat.
Re: How Can One Tell Someone 'it's Over' Without Really Hurting Their Feelings? by Youngpo413: 10:13pm On Oct 05, 2014
Onegai:
Emotions playing you is the big problem. If it happens, sure, but control it and see what next. I've seen good relationships hit the rocks because they had problems and emotions got out of control. That's what a Break is for, to rein in yourself and emotions, refocus and decide what next. Instead, we use it to scout for the next babe/guy. Even if your emotions play you, control it. That's the difference between an adult and a child: one controls his/her emotion. So if you break up messily, take the time to go back and break it right, and proper.

REAL DISCLOSURE!
Re: How Can One Tell Someone 'it's Over' Without Really Hurting Their Feelings? by Youngpo413: 10:38pm On Oct 05, 2014
When I said that love doesnt exist they think Im lying,if its true ,why do we want to breakup with someone we loved,remember true love never dies...so how comes?

Men and women using each other in the name of relationship,how absurd...

Lust lust lust!
Re: How Can One Tell Someone 'it's Over' Without Really Hurting Their Feelings? by Nobody: 11:42pm On Oct 05, 2014
Onegai:
Emotions playing you is the big problem. If it happens, sure, but control it and see what next. I've seen good relationships hit the rocks because they had problems and emotions got out of control. That's what a Break is for, to rein in yourself and emotions, refocus and decide what next. Instead, we use it to scout for the next babe/guy. Even if your emotions play you, control it. That's the difference between an adult and a child: one controls his/her emotion. So if you break up messily, take the time to go back and break it right, and proper.

So u get sense like dis ehn?

Iyanmi! cheesy
Re: How Can One Tell Someone 'it's Over' Without Really Hurting Their Feelings? by hazardous(m): 11:14pm On Oct 17, 2014
Okay...
Re: How Can One Tell Someone 'it's Over' Without Really Hurting Their Feelings? by phemi3: 9:19am On Nov 05, 2014
obongproff:

So u get sense like dis ehn?
Iyanmi! cheesy

VERY FUNNY!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What's The Weirdest Or Naughtiest Thing You've Caught A Lady Do / Can You Trust Your Best Friend With Your Partner? / Devil's Basket - Lady Asked To Stroke A Guy's Joystick At A Party (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.