Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,026 members, 7,799,508 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:58 PM

Recipe For Ofada Rice - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Recipe For Ofada Rice (15138 Views)

Recipe For Losing Weight..... Lose 12kg In Two Weeks / GEJ Now Eats Abakaliki/Ofada Rice & Cassava Bread - Min. Maku / Your Special Recipe For Your Jollof Rice! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Recipe For Ofada Rice by ritapearl(f): 4:10pm On Nov 12, 2007
recipe 4 ofada rice sauce
Re: Recipe For Ofada Rice by Leilah(f): 8:13pm On Nov 12, 2007
Sorry what is ofada rice and sause is that like rice and stew?
Re: Recipe For Ofada Rice by TOYOSI20(f): 2:29am On Feb 02, 2008
Never heard of it. undecided undecided
Re: Recipe For Ofada Rice by speedy08(f): 11:44am On Feb 03, 2008
Ofada rice sauce is like the soups our grand parents used to make in the village, where the pepper is ground by hand and palm oil is used. Difficult to make from scratch, but there are a number of business people who actually sell this sauce in 1-5litre bowls.
I tried one called Obe ata dindin, and it was lovely
If you are interested, i can search for the contact number and you can call her (if you are in lagos) and she will deliver to your doorstep,
Re: Recipe For Ofada Rice by bigrose: 5:30pm On Feb 03, 2008
i know how to make ofada ricee the recipe for it depends on taste for me its
[list]
[li] you use dry or smoked fish
tomatoes
pepper
tatashe
shongbo
onions
red oil
meat
stock fisk
ponmo
thats all
its a kind of locally made stew you blend the tomatoes with your hand or grater i hope u enjoy it when u cook it its quiet tasty you can call me if u need help or email me @ kanurose@gmail.com or 08037210465
Re: Recipe For Ofada Rice by liftedone(f): 12:50am On May 15, 2008
How do I get rid of the smell of the Ofada rice? The first time we cooked it at home, it stank up the whole house. Someone told my sister we should wash with hot water and salt and today, that's what I did. It was a lot better, cos it didn't smell as much, but it still smelled. And I had to wash the thing so many times, more than 10 times, I'm sure. We are just trying to finish what she bought, so it won't go to waste. The rice wahala too much. And I don't know what the craze for it is about. Lagosians and fads!
Re: Recipe For Ofada Rice by 4Him1(m): 12:55am On May 15, 2008
i doubt ofada rice is a fad. With a bag of imported rice going for more than N12,000 per bag, ofada may be the only thing that looks like rice left to the common man.
Re: Recipe For Ofada Rice by Uche2nna(m): 12:58am On May 15, 2008
Hate to burst ur bubble, mate. But word on the street has it that ofada rice is even more expensive than foreign rice. Tho, I cannot fathom why
Re: Recipe For Ofada Rice by Dreloaded(f): 1:01am On May 15, 2008
The hell is ofada rice
Re: Recipe For Ofada Rice by 4Him1(m): 1:19am On May 15, 2008
Uche2nna:

Hate to burst your bubble, mate. But word on the street has it that ofada rice is even more expensive than foreign rice. Tho, I cannot fathom why

Are you kidding? It used to be the cheapest food you could lay your hands upon those days. Anyway, things are upside down.

D-reloaded:

The hell is ofada rice

Locally grown Nigerian rice. Short grained, full of stones, usually cooks much faster. I think its grown in the Bendel area.
Re: Recipe For Ofada Rice by Uche2nna(m): 1:22am On May 15, 2008
liftedone:

How do I get rid of [b]the smell of the Ofada rice? [/b]

A little bit of bleach and U would be eating ur way to heaven
Re: Recipe For Ofada Rice by 4Him1(m): 1:23am On May 15, 2008
Does ofada rice smell? I think liftedone has purchased toxic rice.
Re: Recipe For Ofada Rice by elizabetta(f): 2:33pm On May 15, 2008
never eaten ofada rice before.
Re: Recipe For Ofada Rice by liftedone(f): 10:50pm On May 15, 2008
@4Him, who told you Ofada rice is cheap? Far from it. Like Uchenna said, it's far more expensive than the imported stuff. And the thing stinks to the high heavens when you are cooking it. I seriously need answers here or the rest of the rice will be ending up in the bin. It's not toxic rice grin. It's been popularised in the Ofada area which is in Ogun State. I think the equivalent was the Ekpoma rice, that's why you referred to the former Bendel state.

@Uchenna, thank you oooooooo! You want to send me and my entire family to heaven. God bless you for being your sister's keeper. cry

1 Like

Re: Recipe For Ofada Rice by Uche2nna(m): 10:51pm On May 15, 2008
liftedone:

@Uchenna, thank you oooooooo! You want to send me and my entire family to heaven. God bless you for being your sister's keeper. cry

U know I was joking, sis grin
Re: Recipe For Ofada Rice by liftedone(f): 1:47am On May 16, 2008
@Uche, we go attach 'Aluwe' to that your name. grin

I beg nobody wan tell me how to remove that smell from Ofada rice? I dey wait oooo.
Re: Recipe For Ofada Rice by jgbadebo: 7:15pm On May 19, 2008
Ofada rice is mostly grown in the Ofada village (close to RCCG redemption camp) even though it's grown in neighboring area as well. the smell (i'll rather call it aroma) is part of what makes it ofada.

per recipe for the stew: use everything the previous writer wrote, add iru and boiled eggs to it. when you have the pepper blended, make sure it's chopped and not blended.

you could add a little vegetable oil and a little onion (sliced) to the rice to help with the smell.
Re: Recipe For Ofada Rice by sheniqua: 7:21pm On May 19, 2008
is it the rice we called "rice akpu" in my family.
It clumped together and smelt horrible.
Tufiakwa!!
Re: Recipe For Ofada Rice by Ninigirl(f): 3:00pm On Mar 04, 2011
Woooo Hoooo grin grin I did it without burning my house down and it came out Perfect Perfect Perfect tongue,
All i used was
2 Red Peppers
2 Green Peppers
1 Onion
and spices
As for the Palm Oil, i actually had to duck tape my entire pot (). For 30 mins approximately on high heat, let it cool for 5 min then heated it up again before i added the blended ingredients, I was a bit worried about how bitter the mixture was at first due to the burnt oil. But when i cooked it for another 15 mins, added the sauces and mixed meat, That bitterness transformed to a total delicacy,

I'm so proud of myself, my bf finished everything within a day and a half undecided. i had to hide some for myself.
Re: Recipe For Ofada Rice by peaceach: 2:56pm On Mar 29, 2012
OFADA RICE is rich in Fiber and Selenium which have been shown to substantially reduce the risk of colon cancer.
It is also a rich source of Manganese and Magnesium which can reduce asthma seizure, lower high blood pressure, reduce the frequency of migraine headaches and reduce the risk of heart attack and stroke. Magnesium helps regulate nerves and muscles rhythm by balancing the action of calcium. A cup of OFADA RICE (contains about 185 grams) gives you 21% of your daily magnesium and manganese requirements. OFADA RICE contains eight essential amino acids (Leucine, Isoleucine, Lysine, Methionine, Phenylalanine, Threonine, Tryptophan and Valine which are the building blocks of protein. They facilitate quicker and more active muscle building; they make up enzymes, anti-bodies and hormones. contains VIT B1, (Thiamine), VIT B2 (Riboflavin), VIT B3 (Niacin), VIT E (Choline), VIT B6 and B9 (Folate) but more importantly,OFADA RICE contains Vitamine K and Bataine which are not found in polished rice.
BENEFITS OF VITAMIN K AND BETAINE
Vitamin K prevents severe blood loss due to injury, by slowing and stopping the bleeding. It helps prevent the loss of bone density and helps treat osteoporosis. It prevents the hardening of arteries, thereby reducing the risk of heart diseases.
Betaine enhances physical performance by breaking down fat and protein which in turn may help you lose weight while maintaining your muscle tissue. It keeps your liver functioning at its best; helps reduce toxic levels of the amino acid homocystiene which may be responsible for heart disease and stroke. OFADA RICE has been processed under strict hygienic condition. It supplies six times more fiber than polished rice and seventeen times more Vitamin E than polished rice. All these add up to the bonus you get from Hakkor Ofada Rice.

To place your order please call 08156873768, 08181000221, 08023211582. Marketers and distributors are welcomed.
Eat healthy, Live healthy

Re: Recipe For Ofada Rice by maryswags: 12:39pm On Aug 02, 2012
Ninigirl: Woooo Hoooo grin grin I did it without burning my house down and it came out Perfect Perfect Perfect tongue,
All i used was
2 Red Peppers
2 Green Peppers
1 Onion
and spices
As for the Palm Oil, i actually had to duck tape my entire pot (). For 30 mins approximately on high heat, let it cool for 5 min then heated it up again before i added the blended ingredients, I was a bit worried about how bitter the mixture was at first due to the burnt oil. But when i cooked it for another 15 mins, added the sauces and mixed meat, That bitterness transformed to a total delicacy,

I'm so proud of myself, my bf finished everything within a day and a half undecided. i had to hide some for myself.

Please what kind of green pepper did u use? Is it d unripe of d normal pepper that is green ,or the big green pepper used for fried rice?...
Re: Recipe For Ofada Rice by Plateevent(m): 1:18pm On Aug 03, 2012
elizabetta: never eaten ofada rice before.
Re: Recipe For Ofada Rice by Plateevent(m): 1:29pm On Aug 03, 2012
its very important we note dat d ofada rice as it nature wich made it differ 2others,rice generally are not meant 2b over per boiled infact,some culinary xpact against dat n propounded d option of washing yah rice with salt as ds will just reduce d starch level of d rice. But per boiling will rmove all n all u'r eating is just shaft! 4best touch of yah Ofada Rice,join or contact me pin 236FD366 kal-08083087389
liftedone: How do I get rid of the smell of the Ofada rice? The first time we cooked it at home, it stank up the whole house. Someone told my sister we should wash with hot water and salt and today, that's what I did. It was a lot better, cos it didn't smell as much, but it still smelled. And I had to wash the thing so many times, more than 10 times, I'm sure. We are just trying to finish what she bought, so it won't go to waste. The rice wahala too much. And I don't know what the craze for it is about. Lagosians and fads!
Re: Recipe For Ofada Rice by Calebsworld(m): 12:51pm On Oct 16, 2012
Hello house,why don't you mothers in the house try out Clevenard ofada rice,painstakenly produce to improve your health,reduces blood suggar level,cholestrol,etc,anywhere in Nigeria you can order,just visit us today and your haealth story will turn positive,remember Health is wealth.Shalom

1 Like

Re: Recipe For Ofada Rice by Jibola77: 1:32pm On Jul 06, 2017
Uche2nna:

Hate to burst ur bubble, mate. But word on the street has it that ofada rice is even more expensive than foreign rice. Tho, I cannot fathom why

Yes, true. But it is actually a lot healthier.
Re: Recipe For Ofada Rice by Jibola77: 1:38pm On Jul 06, 2017
Order healthy and nutritious ofada rice online. Same day delivery available in Lagos. visit www.ofadarice.com and find out how easy ordering ofada rice can get. And, yes, you can also order our special chef sauce too!

1 Share

Re: Recipe For Ofada Rice by Arif4275412(m): 1:45pm On Jul 08, 2017
I am little confused about ofada rice.
Re: Recipe For Ofada Rice by Cedricayus(m): 5:37pm On Jul 08, 2017
Re: Recipe For Ofada Rice by ChrysoliteHaven: 10:33am On Nov 23, 2017
The smell of ofada rice depends on how it was processed. Chrysolite Ofada Rice, original, unpolished rice has minimal ofada smell, that is not offensive. It is white in colour and stone free. Contact us: +2349025589996 / +2348178472662 / Whatsapp:+2349052288627 or chrysolitehaven@gmail.com. Nationwide delivery, kindly place orders online via: http://www.dealdey.com/deals/chrysolite-ofada-rice-5kg

Chrysolite Haven **100 % quality or nothing, Eat organic, live and stay healthy**IG: Chrysolitehaven Facebook: Chrysolite Haven

liftedone:
How do I get rid of the smell of the Ofada rice? The first time we cooked it at home, it stank up the whole house. Someone told my sister we should wash with hot water and salt and today, that's what I did. It was a lot better, cos it didn't smell as much, but it still smelled. And I had to wash the thing so many times, more than 10 times, I'm sure. We are just trying to finish what she bought, so it won't go to waste. The rice wahala too much. And I don't know what the craze for it is about. Lagosians and fads!

(1) (Reply)

Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Fish Roll / 7 Reasons Why You Should Start Eating Acha (aka Fonio) / Making Moi Moi For The First Time (some Questions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.