Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,801 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:03 PM

Peugeot 406 V6, And 307 2.0L: What's Your Take? - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Peugeot 406 V6, And 307 2.0L: What's Your Take? (25411 Views)

Pls What Is The Meaning Of 2.0l,1.8l,1.7l / Peugeot 406 EW10 Engine Against EW12 / V6 And V4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peugeot 406 V6, And 307 2.0L: What's Your Take? by Omihanifa: 4:06pm On Jun 10, 2018
Ikenna351:
ANNOYANCES:

1. SPEEDOMETER: All Peugeot 406s do have issues with their speedometers. Unfortunately, the speedo in 406s are electrically controlled/driven. Not the conventional cable driven type. Of course, Peugeots are known for electric issues. The speedo, at a point in time, would start failing intermittently. Fixing it is very easy. The speedo is controlled by 2 sensors: one is on gearbox (usually known as transducer), while the 2nd one is inside the car, behind glove box, known as speed sensor, which also controls the variable ratio steering (speed sensitive steering) in V6s. You start troubleshooting from the transducer on gearbox, which usually stops working when the connector is corroded. Check & clean the connector, if corroded, & connect back. If not solved the problem, then check the speed sensor inside the car. Usually, when the speedo starts acting up, the Power assisted steering (PAS), which is speed sensitive, will start acting up too. The problem usually lies between the 2 sensors. And most times, cleaning the connectors usually fix the problem.

2. BRAKE DISC: this is a major problem with all 406, not just the V6. Their brake rotors (disk) get hot quicker & wears off, most especially with the auto trannies. To reduce the wears, use the engine brake more often (since you are going for manual trans) & brake when necessary. But expect it as something you will be replacing sooner than you would want to. Its one of the flaws in 406.

3. AIRBAG LITE: The airbag indicator (bulb) on the instrument cluster may at some point will lit or come on & would remain constantly on, anytime ignition is switched on. Donot worry when that happens. To fix it, simply look under the drivers seat, there is a 2 or 3 wire connector there. Cut out the connector & solder the wires. It will fix the problem permamnently. The problem is with the connector. If you have a 406 and it hasnt happened, expect it anytime soon. In fact, either its yet to happen or that the previous owner has done the soldering work (if its an imported 406). If its a Nigerian used, it could be that the rewires have disconnected or removed the bulb, to deceive you that it has been fixed. But mind you, dont play with Airbag. It could go off when the car is in motion & result to severe accident.

Will post the good side of 406 V6 soon.

Ikenna.
superb analysis bro can you also do this for 307
Re: Peugeot 406 V6, And 307 2.0L: What's Your Take? by searchng4love: 6:57am On Apr 05, 2020
Ikenna351:

I am the wrong person to ask anything about auto tranny. No clue at all with their wahala. And I dont like wasting my time studying that unreliable thing. So, sorry for not knowing how to help you on this.

Ikenna.

cheesy
Re: Peugeot 406 V6, And 307 2.0L: What's Your Take? by searchng4love: 7:00am On Apr 05, 2020
revolt:
I currently drive a v4 406 saloon I can tell u this!! If u dnt fix tiny issues in cars with the 406 ure in for hell!! Spare parts are relatively expensive ofcos it consumes fuel like a benz but does less on longer journeysab the ac is the best I've seen in any car! Its nt really a fast car doesn't pick up so quick but mine has never overheated!! Its def more expensive to maintain! Its quite a rugged baby plus let's not forget I'm always mistaken for an army general!!its not a car for a careless ownern. Yes at some point the interior starts to fall apart! Don't knw why
Consumes fuel like a Benz? What a meaningless statement

2 Likes

Re: Peugeot 406 V6, And 307 2.0L: What's Your Take? by macAB: 3:55pm On Jul 10, 2021
[quote author=revolt post=10772269]I currently drive a v4 406 saloon I can tell u this!! If u dnt fix tiny issues in cars with the 406 ure in for hell!! Spare parts are relatively expensive ofcos it consumes fuel like a benz but does less on longer journeysab the ac is the best I've seen in any car! Its nt really a fast car doesn't pick up so quick but mine has never overheated!! Its def more expensive to maintain! Its quite a rugged baby plus let's not forget I'm always mistaken for an army general!!its not a car for a careless ownern. Yes at some point the interior starts to fall apart! Don't knw why[/u on point .I just sold off my 406 BC of ally said.
Re: Peugeot 406 V6, And 307 2.0L: What's Your Take? by revolt(m): 1:57am On Jul 11, 2021
[quote author=macAB post=103566356][/quote]ppl still buy that car ? Wow

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Caterpillar Wedged on a Truck in Abuja with Stones! / After A Ghastly Accident, How Can I Fix Or Repair This Car(pictures) / 8 Electric Cars That Sells Below N14 Million (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.