Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,551 members, 7,809,018 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:09 PM

LOL. Live Music Concert In Nigeria? What A Joke! - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / LOL. Live Music Concert In Nigeria? What A Joke! (614 Views)

Images From Davido's Rehearsal For His Concert In London / Pictures From Flavour's Concert In Houston, Texas / Tonto Dikeh Falls On-Stage At Kukere Concert In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

LOL. Live Music Concert In Nigeria? What A Joke! by vowiski(m): 3:24pm On May 05, 2012
So I was having a nap, when I received a call from a friend that some top class artist would ‘storm’ (I wish they could even make a breeze let alone a storm) my location and it was really going to be massive. The first question I asked was, is Asa and/or M.I going to make the list of the top artists? And his reply was a brassy no. I carelessly told him I was no longer going to be involved in the usual middle finger the organizers and artist always give to us. Of a truth, I did not go (as if my absence would even be noticed) and the Concert went on well. My pain was not that Concert recorded success and they made enormous money from the guys who paid cash to get a pass but that these guys didn’t realize or maybe they saw the middle finger but were unaware it pointed right into their faces.

Over the years we have been deceived by these corporations with their mega live concert and the stars that make the list are simply amazing but the entire process is awkward and only aimed at ripping people off their hard-earned money. I have been jerky and once I found out that these guys just earn money for no job done, I began to rethink my decision. Why should an artist pick up a mic in pretence that he is going to sing his song only for the DJ to put on a mastered CD which will overtake the voice of the star? Everyone is overwhelmed by the presence of the artist, ignoring the fact that he is making a big chunk of money from just standing in front of everyone while the DJ does the perfect job, deceives everyone that the man in front of the mic who is murmuring to himself actually cares about what is happening downstairs. Is that not an indirect way of giving people the middle finger?

Keep Reading and Drop your comment

(1) (Reply)

‘I Want To Keep Doing Dirty Characters’ - Rita Dominic / 2face And Annie Idibia Plan Elaborate Wedding / Actress Nkiru Sylvanus Did Not Marry A Presidential Aide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.