Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,389 members, 7,808,376 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:07 AM

Dear NFF, You Left Rashidi Yekini To Rot - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Dear NFF, You Left Rashidi Yekini To Rot (527 Views)

Weeds Overtake Rashidi Yekini’s House (Photos) / Rashidi Yekini: Forgotten In Nigeria, Remembered In Portugal (PHOTO) / Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dear NFF, You Left Rashidi Yekini To Rot by vowiski(m): 11:31pm On May 05, 2012
I was in tears to hear the shocking news about the passing away of Nigeria’s prolific striker and goal machine, Rashidi Yekini. I did not entirely feel sad for his demise but for the way it happened. Yekini gave Nigeria everything, he gave his full potentials to the Super-Eagles( or maybe I should have said the sleeping rat as they have continually failed in recent times), he scored goals for fun and is still celebrated as Nigeriatop goal scorer, netting 37 times in 58 appearances.

The phrase, “our government has failed again” is not new as it has formed a normal day slogan in the lips of numerous Nigerians. Everyone knew Yekini was ill except the NFF, rather they were busy calculating how to modernize their looting mechanics. This is a calamity in the highest degree, I never heard the NFF ever tried to find out what was wrong with this prolific striker let alone providing medical assistance.

KEEP READING

(1) (Reply)

France Team Profile For Euro 2012 / Duke Offers Young Nigerian / NFF;Impediment to Nigeria's progress in competitive matches

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.