Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,925 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:34 AM

The Incompetence Of An Omnipotent, Omniscient Being. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Incompetence Of An Omnipotent, Omniscient Being. (2915 Views)

The Pope Admits That God Is Not Omnipotent And Big Bang And Evolution Are Real.. / Omnicient/omniscience/omnipotent/omnipresent / Bible Contradictions:incompetence Or Malevolence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Incompetence Of An Omnipotent, Omniscient Being. by ea7(m): 1:12pm On May 06, 2012
With this thread I will attempt to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that biblegod is neither omnipotent nor omniscient nor omnibenevolent. I derive that god created everything from nothing therefore he is omnipotent, he knows all and is love, hence omnibenevolence and omniscient. Are you following? The following examples shall be used:
i the creation
ii the fall
iii the flood
iv joseph and the famine
v israel slavery
vi israel's liberation
vii conquest of canaan
viii jesus' death and resurrection
ix jesus' appeaances post resurrection
x jesus' ascension
next post will be my begining 3 2 1...
Re: The Incompetence Of An Omnipotent, Omniscient Being. by Image123(m): 1:21pm On May 06, 2012
Useless attempts. It's like a dog attempting to fly.
Re: The Incompetence Of An Omnipotent, Omniscient Being. by Nobody: 2:55pm On May 06, 2012
Image123: Useless attempts. It's like a dog attempting to fly.
dnt mind am cheap publicity kip ur dreams to ur self.
Re: The Incompetence Of An Omnipotent, Omniscient Being. by logicboy: 3:08pm On May 06, 2012
Re: The Incompetence Of An Omnipotent, Omniscient Being. by Callotti: 3:11pm On May 06, 2012
The phocking of Mary with the blokos of the Holy Spirit to 'conceive' an Earthly son! wink
Re: The Incompetence Of An Omnipotent, Omniscient Being. by ea7(m): 5:34pm On May 06, 2012
@image123 and his cheerleader, i want to prove my point using your own scriptures. In the words of monkey.d.luffy'god this,god that, a shitty god like you doesn't even need to exist' www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis+1&version=NIV
a link to follow along while i start.
I Creation
Attribute: omnipotence.
As you can see in the bible link, god who is omnipotent, can just poof the universe into existence, takes a more workman like approach, saying today I will do this, tomorrow that. After seven days he gets exhausted and sleeps or something. It gets wose if you consider the a day = a thousand years . Much more worse.
Re: The Incompetence Of An Omnipotent, Omniscient Being. by ea7(m): 11:18pm On May 06, 2012
Now to continue in a, hopefully more coherent manner.
In Genesis two, we are told of God parading the animals before Adam so he could pick a mate. Do I really have to ask this question: what kind of omniscient would do that?
Also, in modern times, the scientific theory of evolution has appeared to strain whatever credibility this myth had, and some christians would have me believe that God/Devil ,depending on convenience, put the fossils there.
If this is an act of God, he is being deliberately and willfully malevolent. Therefore he is not omnibenevolent.
If it is the Devil, the above applies as he cannot do what God does not permit.

1 Like

Re: The Incompetence Of An Omnipotent, Omniscient Being. by ea7(m): 2:32pm On May 07, 2012
I will attempt to finish this in one long essay now.
II The fall: God had a tree put into the garden. The tree of knowledge of Good and Evil. This tree and its fruit looked succulent and beautiful. God warned them to stay away from the tree, then he left. Now I will attack from two angles:
If the snake was satan, then God's omniscience is lacking in wisdom and common sense.
The snake waited and tricked Eve who told adam to eat the fruit. They both ate and were now sinful. God then pops up and curses them.
Here is a question, satan is supposed to be Yahweh's worst enemy, why is he in the garden? Why didnt yahweh destroy him? Would you leave your two young children in the hands of your worst enemy? This is stupidity of the highest order. Worse yet, shown by a God!!!
If the snake was satan then why did God curse snakes? It makes no sense. He could have just destroyed him there and then. If the snake was just a snake, then the question still stands, why did mr God all good curse all snakes. ' An evil tree cannot bear good fruit, likewise a good tree cannot bear evil fruit.'-Yeshua Ben-Yusuf.
Another thing, why did god exile adam and eve? Couldnt he just , forgive them? If my child stole ten naira from me at the age of six months and I shot him would you say I am just?
The threat God issued to adam and eve ' and you will surely die' meant nothing to them. It's like me saying dont do x or an allicrocoshark with a jet pack will eat you. In fact, replace 'die' with 'truuwhdhh' and see how much sense it makes to someone who has not encountered death.
Am I to read this and be amazed at how Just Yahweh is?

1 Like

Re: The Incompetence Of An Omnipotent, Omniscient Being. by Nobody: 3:57pm On May 07, 2012
just get yourself a job so'll u have better things to do.
Your thoughts are yours alone am sure if u had a good job the last thing on your mind would be disputing God you are nothing before him and can never change his person no matter d forums you post this rubbish.

Re: The Incompetence Of An Omnipotent, Omniscient Being. by logicboy: 4:03pm On May 07, 2012
punnonline: just get yourself a job so'll u have better things to do.
Your thoughts are yours alone am sure if u had a good job the last thing on your mind would be disputing God you are nothing before him and can never change his person no matter d forums you post this rubbish.

Hypocrite. It goes both ways; if you had a good job you wouldnt be here telling off the OP
Re: The Incompetence Of An Omnipotent, Omniscient Being. by Nobody: 4:34pm On May 07, 2012
logicboy:

Hypocrite. It goes both ways; if you had a good job you wouldnt be here telling off the OP
what-s biting you? whatever you own your mouth and i own mine so speak ur mind and dont expect me to agree.i know who i am, and im not a confused bag of gabbage.

Re: The Incompetence Of An Omnipotent, Omniscient Being. by logicboy: 4:40pm On May 07, 2012
punnonline: what-s biting you? whatever you own your mouth and i own mine so speak ur mind and dont expect me to agree.i know who i am, and im not a confused bag of gabbage.

God doesnt exist. You are confused
Re: The Incompetence Of An Omnipotent, Omniscient Being. by brainpulse: 4:44pm On May 07, 2012
logicboy:

God doesnt exist. You are confused

Then why are you so bothered and disturbed on something you believed doesn't exist.
Re: The Incompetence Of An Omnipotent, Omniscient Being. by Nobody: 4:48pm On May 07, 2012
brainpulse:

Then why are you so bothered and disturbed on something you believed doesn't exist.
i just wonder o
Re: The Incompetence Of An Omnipotent, Omniscient Being. by logicboy: 4:50pm On May 07, 2012
brainpulse:

Because people who believe in this non-existent God are programmed to hate me and be violent towards me as an atheist by their God and religion

Bigotry against atheist in the bible;

"1 The fool says in his heart, "There is no God." They are corrupt, their deeds are vile; there is no one who does good."

Psalm 14;1

The bible is bearing false witness against me. I work as a volunteer in an African charity for children out of my freewill, yet I have no good in my heart
Re: The Incompetence Of An Omnipotent, Omniscient Being. by ea7(m): 4:51pm On May 07, 2012
punnonline and brainpulse, you can adress my post and show me how I am wrong, or you can launch more ad hominems so I can be certain I am right.
Re: The Incompetence Of An Omnipotent, Omniscient Being. by logicboy: 4:58pm On May 07, 2012
ea7: punnonline and brainpulse, you can adress my post and show me how I am wrong, or you can launch more ad hominems so I can be certain I am right.

Sorry for derailing your thread. You know where stand, Ea7. Oya, Punnonline and rainpulse, answer the question!!!
Re: The Incompetence Of An Omnipotent, Omniscient Being. by Nobody: 4:59pm On May 07, 2012
ea7: punnonline and brainpulse, you can adress my post and show me how I am wrong, or you can launch more ad hominems so I can be certain I am right.
it would be like teaching a 50 year old to write with his left hand because your mind is already programd to your beliefs.from your first post its obvious you are 100% atheist and u dont want anything else so why waste my breath?
I can answer those doubts but its pointless now.
No one hates you at least i dont, if you are comfortable where you are then enjoy it!
Re: The Incompetence Of An Omnipotent, Omniscient Being. by ea7(m): 5:12pm On May 07, 2012
go ahead. Punnonline, im a truth seeker.
Re: The Incompetence Of An Omnipotent, Omniscient Being. by logicboy: 5:17pm On May 07, 2012
punnonline: it would be like teaching a 50 year old to write with his left hand because your mind is already programd to your beliefs.from your first post its obvious you are 100% atheist and u dont want anything else so why waste my breath?
I can answer those doubts but its pointless now.
No one hates you at least i dont, if you are comfortable where you are then enjoy it!

Anyone can write with their left hand/right hand with enough practice (Sorry, besisdes the point of the thread)

Just answer the question!!!!
Re: The Incompetence Of An Omnipotent, Omniscient Being. by Nobody: 5:22pm On May 07, 2012
logicboy:

Anyone can write with their left hand/right hand with enough practice (Sorry, besisdes the point of the thread)

Just answer the question!!!!

suit urself! @ea7 if you really want to know then im at service first tins first i'l jst ignore mr logic
Re: The Incompetence Of An Omnipotent, Omniscient Being. by Nobody: 7:40pm On May 07, 2012
ea7: @image123 and his cheerleader, i want to prove my point using your own scriptures. In the words of monkey.d.luffy'god this,god that, a shitty god like you doesn't even need to exist' www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis+1&version=NIV
a link to follow along while i start.
I Creation
Attribute: omnipotence.
As you can see in the bible link, god who is omnipotent, can just poof the universe into existence, takes a more workman like approach, saying today I will do this, tomorrow that. After seven days he gets exhausted and sleeps or something. It gets wose if you consider the a day = a thousand years . Much more worse.
he's God he does as he pleases e.g your a father and you could send ur kids erands or do it yourself because you are head you do as it serves you, not because you cnt do it the other way but it just suits you!
Nobody will question your authority in the home because you polished your shoes urself 'it doesnt make u less of a man' so is Creating the earth 1,2 or 7 days doesnt reduce his supremacy he does as he pleases so that point is invalid. NOTE God created the heavens and earth with words,he didnt need to lift a finger except man(his special creation,his image) if u hav a favourite little daughter and she needs to be made whole would you for the sake of your status not touch her?,wont u breath into her?. And when we say 'rest' does it mean you just finish molding blocks or clearing bushes? People rest even after eating, talking rest is an activity free time its not a sign of weakness check ur dic 4 d meaning of rest
Re: The Incompetence Of An Omnipotent, Omniscient Being. by Nobody: 7:48pm On May 07, 2012
ea7: Now to continue in a, hopefully more coherent manner.
In Genesis two, we are told of God parading the animals before Adam so he could pick a mate. Do I really have to ask this question: what kind of omniscient would do that?
Also, in modern times, the scientific theory of evolution has appeared to strain whatever credibility this myth had, and some christians would have me believe that God/Devil ,depending on convenience, put the fossils there.
If this is an act of God, he is being deliberately and willfully malevolent. Therefore he is not omnibenevolent.
If it is the Devil, the above applies as he cannot do what God does not permit.
read the bible urself not leftovers from people genesis 2 19 ADAM NAMED ALL ANIMALS NOT PICK A MATE. Loneliness is a disease God knew that so he formed a mate 'eve for adam so your thesis is invalid and off the bible.if u dnt have a bible borrow or read genesis 2 online use NIV for easy undastanding.
Re: The Incompetence Of An Omnipotent, Omniscient Being. by Nobody: 8:08pm On May 07, 2012
ea7: I will attempt to finish this in one long essay now.
II The fall: God had a tree put into the garden. The tree of knowledge of Good and Evil. This tree and its fruit looked succulent and beautiful. God warned them to stay away from the tree, then he left. Now I will attack from two angles:
If the snake was satan, then God's omniscience is lacking in wisdom and common sense.
The snake waited and tricked Eve who told adam to eat the fruit. They both ate and were now sinful. God then pops up and curses them.
Here is a question, satan is supposed to be Yahweh's worst enemy, why is he in the garden? Why didnt yahweh destroy him? Would you leave your two young children in the hands of your worst enemy? This is stupidity of the highest order. Worse yet, shown by a God!!!
If the snake was satan then why did God curse snakes? It makes no sense. He could have just destroyed him there and then. If the snake was just a snake, then the question still stands, why did mr God all good curse all snakes. ' An evil tree cannot bear good fruit, likewise a good tree cannot bear evil fruit.'-Yeshua Ben-Yusuf.
Another thing, why did god exile adam and eve? Couldnt he just , forgive them? If my child stole ten naira from me at the age of six months and I shot him would you say I am just?
The threat God issued to adam and eve ' and you will surely die' meant nothing to them. It's like me saying dont do x or an allicrocoshark with a jet pack will eat you. In fact, replace 'die' with 'truuwhdhh' and see how much sense it makes to someone who has not encountered death.
Am I to read this and be amazed at how Just Yahweh is?
Satan isnt God worst enemy a king doesnt make enemies with his subjects. Satan formerly lucifer was a very powerful angel who got power drunk and tried to overthrow God. If a subject of yours goes about telin others how unfair you are and you kill him what does that say about you? A dictator! God didnt destroy lucifer he cast him off.the wounded that couldnt win in heaven tries to thwart God's plan on earth going in the form of a snake to decieve.if satan was so powerful he would have just commanded eve and adam bt he's not so he tricked.
Now let me ask you what is love? Love is letting go,allowing choices love isnt demanding and selfish. You wouldnt becos boko haram is out there chain your kids inside a room 24/7 or leave ur job to follow them about(that's caging meant 4 wild animals). you would give them instructions and trust their goodsense(that's love!) if they make drastic mistake by going against ur instructions you punish NOT BECAUSE U HATE BUT FOR NEXT TIME,YOU SCOLD THOSE U LOVE TO REDUCE FUTURE MISTAKES.thats what God did and he never left now he's so merciful that we kill,steal,fornicate even in church and he exercises patient for a longer period.WHAT BETTER LOVE IS THERE?
Re: The Incompetence Of An Omnipotent, Omniscient Being. by Nobody: 8:14pm On May 07, 2012
@ea7 drop questions below i usd day to day reference so its easily digested.
If you need bible references ask anytime. Or email me
Re: The Incompetence Of An Omnipotent, Omniscient Being. by Image123(m): 9:23pm On May 07, 2012
punnonline: just get yourself a job so'll u have better things to do.
Yeee, no make me loose my decorum hahahaha.
Re: The Incompetence Of An Omnipotent, Omniscient Being. by Image123(m): 9:27pm On May 07, 2012
ea7: go ahead. Punnonline, im a truth seeker.
Heheheheyayoyo, wetin we no go hear for nl. Truthseeker, what is truth?
Re: The Incompetence Of An Omnipotent, Omniscient Being. by Ptolomeus(m): 9:40pm On May 07, 2012
Image123: Useless attempts. It's like a dog attempting to fly.
Excuse me dear friend, but there is nothing to prove ...
1. Incompetent? If created Lucifer and all the legions of demons.
2. Almighty? Of course not! Just remember how Jesus humiliate and kill ...
I do not want to make an endless list of examples ...
There is nothing to prove.
Re: The Incompetence Of An Omnipotent, Omniscient Being. by plaetton: 12:14am On May 08, 2012
punnonline: Satan isnt God worst enemy a king doesnt make enemies with his subjects. Satan formerly lucifer was a very powerful angel who got power drunk and tried to overthrow God. If a subject of yours goes about telin others how unfair you are and you kill him what does that say about you? A dictator! God didnt destroy lucifer he cast him off.the wounded that couldnt win in heaven tries to thwart God's plan on earth going in the form of a snake to decieve.if satan was so powerful he would have just commanded eve and adam bt he's not so he tricked.
Now let me ask you what is love? Love is letting go,allowing choices love isnt demanding and selfish. You wouldnt becos boko haram is out there chain your kids inside a room 24/7 or leave ur job to follow them about(that's caging meant 4 wild animals). you would give them instructions and trust their goodsense(that's love!) if they make drastic mistake by going against ur instructions you punish NOT BECAUSE U HATE BUT FOR NEXT TIME,YOU SCOLD THOSE U LOVE TO REDUCE FUTURE MISTAKES.thats what God did and he never left now he's so merciful that we kill,steal,fornicate even in church and he exercises patient for a longer period.WHAT BETTER LOVE IS THERE?

Kindly point to me where in the bible the satan lucifer story is located and alsowhen and why the change of name from lucifer to satan.
Thank you.
Re: The Incompetence Of An Omnipotent, Omniscient Being. by Image123(m): 12:30am On May 08, 2012
Ptolomeus:
Excuse me dear friend, but there is nothing to prove ...
1. Incompetent? If created Lucifer and all the legions of demons.
2. Almighty? Of course not! Just remember how Jesus humiliate and kill ...
I do not want to make an endless list of examples ...
There is nothing to prove.
Does this person understand english at all? We're saying the same thing. THERE IS NOTHING TO PROVE, THEY ARE ALL USELESS ATTEMPTS BY THE FRUSTRATED OP.
Re: The Incompetence Of An Omnipotent, Omniscient Being. by Ptolomeus(m): 5:57pm On May 08, 2012
Image123:
Does this person understand english at all? We're saying the same thing. THERE IS NOTHING TO PROVE, THEY ARE ALL USELESS ATTEMPTS BY THE FRUSTRATED OP.
Excuse me you. My English is very bad. I try very hard to follow the thread, but I can make mistakes.
My apologies.
Re: The Incompetence Of An Omnipotent, Omniscient Being. by Nobody: 9:35am On May 10, 2012
Ptolomeus:
Excuse me you. My English is very bad. I try very hard to follow the thread, but I can make mistakes.
My apologies.
u've touched my heart by apology God bless you

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

There Is No End To This World : Life Goes On Forever / God Is Pleased With Only One Church / Daily Manna From Www.dclm.org

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.