Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,158 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:52 AM

FG Approves The Building Of 5 Refineries In Ogun State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Approves The Building Of 5 Refineries In Ogun State (17794 Views)

FG Approves Immediate Payment Of 413 Billion Naira To Oil Marketers / Navy Uncovers Illegal Refineries In Niger-delta (photos, Video) / Pictures Of Illegal Oil Refineries In Bayelsa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Approves The Building Of 5 Refineries In Ogun State by amosy007: 9:43am On May 07, 2012
THE Ogun State governor, Senator Ibikunle Amosun, has disclosed that five refineries have been approved by the Federal Government for the state.

Amosun said this at the weekend, during his official tour to Ipokia Local Government Area of the state, adding that the presidency had given the approval to establish the five refineries in the council area, having been satisfied with report of oil discovery in the area.

Amosun said the development would transform the council, saying that no fewer than 400 companies had indicated interest to establish refineries and general investment in the state, a month after the investment summit organised by the state government.

He noted that his administration would expand the Idi-Iroko-Ipokia road, to pave the way for the expected development in the council.

Governor Amosun appealed to the Federal Government to consider constructing a link bridge between Ipokia and Badagary in Lagos State, to further boost the economy of the area.

He assured that both Owode-Ilaro and Papalanto-Ilaro roads, belonging to the Federal Government, would be rehabilitated and expanded.

Meanwhile, there was pandemonium when smugglers trying to evade arrest from the men of the Nigerian Customs Service drove into the convoy of Governor Amosun, at Idi-Iroko, when the governor was returning to Abeokuta, the state capital.

www.tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/40439-fg-approved-5-refineries-for-ogun-amosun

3 Likes

Re: FG Approves The Building Of 5 Refineries In Ogun State by amosy007: 9:53am On May 07, 2012
Re: FG Approves The Building Of 5 Refineries In Ogun State by jason123: 11:06am On May 07, 2012
FIVE REFINERIES?! What quantity of oil do they have?! Rubbish!

On a side note: So Ogun state have Oil?!
Re: FG Approves The Building Of 5 Refineries In Ogun State by amosy007: 11:37am On May 07, 2012
jason123: FIVE REFINERIES?! What quantity of oil do they have?! Rubbish!

well i guess we have to ask jonathan why?

And Yes oil has being discovered in ogun state since 2008

2 Likes

Re: FG Approves The Building Of 5 Refineries In Ogun State by Nobody: 11:55am On May 07, 2012
Shuoooo so ogun state have oil too? Nawa o Wonder will neva end

1 Like

Re: FG Approves The Building Of 5 Refineries In Ogun State by Nobody: 11:56am On May 07, 2012
jason123: FIVE REFINERIES?! What quantity of oil do they have?! Rubbish!

the thing wonder me o
Re: FG Approves The Building Of 5 Refineries In Ogun State by jason123: 12:18pm On May 07, 2012
amosy007:

well i guess we have to ask jonathan why?

And Yes oil has being discovered in ogun state since 2008

I thought it was heavy oil?! Well, thats good for the state.

9jadelta:

the thing wonder me o

grin. I think God has bless the entire south!
Re: FG Approves The Building Of 5 Refineries In Ogun State by 1025: 12:22pm On May 07, 2012
how many nigeria has in all that fg is approving 5 for ogun state? if we have a man whose real life is that of Mr.ibu in a movie, i think he will do better a president of this jungle.

2 Likes

Re: FG Approves The Building Of 5 Refineries In Ogun State by jason123: 12:32pm On May 07, 2012
1025: how many nigeria has in all that fg is approving 5 for ogun state? if we have a man whose real life is that of Mr.ibu in a movie, i think he will do better a president of this jungle.

You have some serious beef with GEJ mehn . . . undecided
Re: FG Approves The Building Of 5 Refineries In Ogun State by amosy007: 12:42pm On May 07, 2012
jason123:

You have some serious beef with GEJ mehn . . . undecided

cheesy cheesy grin
Re: FG Approves The Building Of 5 Refineries In Ogun State by yemmight(m): 12:58pm On May 07, 2012
9jadelta:

the thing wonder me o

So you guys don"t know they do? The only question you should be asking is five refineries not just a state in the same locality. Something is wrong here.

1 Like

Re: FG Approves The Building Of 5 Refineries In Ogun State by Kobojunkie: 2:50pm On May 07, 2012
From previous news, we were informed that the same FG had no intentions of building refineries. Now barely two months later, it already approved plans to build 5 in just one state? undecided undecided undecided undecided Something is off.
Re: FG Approves The Building Of 5 Refineries In Ogun State by amosy007: 4:18pm On May 07, 2012
Kobojunkie: From previous news, we were informed that the same FG had no intentions of building refineries. Now barely two months later, it already approved plans to build 5 in just one state? undecided undecided undecided undecided Something is off.

u know nigeria is a confused nation... So enjoy d confusion
Re: FG Approves The Building Of 5 Refineries In Ogun State by mikolo80: 4:32pm On May 07, 2012
IGNORANCE IS BLISS.UNA NO SABI SAY PORTABLE I PASS MY NEIGHBOUR REFINERY DE BA.FROM 600BARRELS PER DAY MODULAR REFINERIES UP TO 100-300K BARRELS.TRY AND READ MORE BEFORE TALKIN LIKE UNEDUCATED PPL.MAKE UNA NO FALL OUR HAND O COS E GO SOON REACH UNA

1 Like

Re: FG Approves The Building Of 5 Refineries In Ogun State by juman(m): 5:18pm On May 07, 2012
five refineries have been approved by the Federal Government for the state.

It was not stated that FG will build the refineries.

There is nothing better than citing refineries at the place where oil is extracted.

1 Like

Re: FG Approves The Building Of 5 Refineries In Ogun State by PointB: 8:52pm On May 07, 2012
Why 5? They should build 500! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: FG Approves The Building Of 5 Refineries In Ogun State by Nobody: 9:39pm On May 07, 2012
I don't think its necessarily a bad thing for a refinery to be sited in Ogun. I think the primary criterion for selecting a site for a refinery is more of closeness to a large market (i.e. Lagos) than closeness to the crude oil itself. Besides, its probably cheaper to transport oil in its crude form through pipelines than the finished products (petrol, diesel and co) with those large, unwieldy tankers that have played no small role in damaging our roads.

This move appears to make economic sense, provided the necessary pipelines to link the refinery to the oil fields are constructed.

However, is the Federal Government really sincere about this?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Approves The Building Of 5 Refineries In Ogun State by Exponental(m): 10:57pm On May 07, 2012
does jonathan means wonders?
5.........its a joke.
Re: FG Approves The Building Of 5 Refineries In Ogun State by Feraz(m): 11:00pm On May 07, 2012
Kobojunkie: From previous news, we were informed that the same FG had no intentions of building refineries. Now barely two months later, it already approved plans to build 5 in just one state? undecided undecided undecided undecided Something is off.
the more we look, the less we see.........
Re: FG Approves The Building Of 5 Refineries In Ogun State by gbogboti: 11:03pm On May 07, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin grin Yoruba is @ it again. Yoruba-Yoruba wan build 5 refineries for 1 state. Thank God say this oil no dey some lands o. Some of us for hear am. I swear if to say the oil wey dey Niger Delta dey for North, naija for done divide. If to say na for West e dey, Yoruba for they abuse us all the days of our lives. Wonders indeed shall never die.
Re: FG Approves The Building Of 5 Refineries In Ogun State by amosy007: 11:07pm On May 07, 2012
gbogboti: grin grin grin grin grin grin Yoruba is @ it again. Yoruba-Yoruba wan build 5 refineries for 1 state. Thank God say this oil no dey some lands o. Some of us for hear am. I swear if to say the oil wey dey Niger Delta dey for North, naija for done divide. If to say na for West e dey, Yoruba for they abuse us all the days of our lives. Wonders indeed shall never die.
so what has ur stupiid comment got to do with the post? sad

did u read the post at all?

8 Likes

Re: FG Approves The Building Of 5 Refineries In Ogun State by tigerleggs(m): 11:13pm On May 07, 2012
Wake up naa. Na 5 i-pass-my-neighbor refineries he meant naa.
Re: FG Approves The Building Of 5 Refineries In Ogun State by anishe(m): 11:18pm On May 07, 2012
This GEJ govt. is the worst thing that has happened to Nigeria! does he has a thinking head at all?
Re: FG Approves The Building Of 5 Refineries In Ogun State by ekpriobong(m): 11:19pm On May 07, 2012
5 refineries in just one state? I cancel such idea in the name of Jesus.

2 Likes

Re: FG Approves The Building Of 5 Refineries In Ogun State by jajajaja828: 11:20pm On May 07, 2012
goodluck dont even kw his left from his right. he is a dunce, he is a slow learner. i hope he is not among d FG that approve d refinery. if child goodluck approve 5 refinery, what of warri, ph, kaduna, ph 2. if this story is true, that means he is capable to be a president.
Re: FG Approves The Building Of 5 Refineries In Ogun State by Nobody: 11:27pm On May 07, 2012
Sit down look na dog name
Re: FG Approves The Building Of 5 Refineries In Ogun State by daywatcher: 11:34pm On May 07, 2012
shebi na naija? he approved five...pata pata only two will be completed..das not bad sha
Re: FG Approves The Building Of 5 Refineries In Ogun State by otus4me(m): 11:35pm On May 07, 2012
gbogboti: grin grin grin grin grin grin Yoruba is @ it again. Yoruba-Yoruba wan build 5 refineries for 1 state. Thank God say this oil no dey some lands o. Some of us for hear am. I swear if to say the oil wey dey Niger Delta dey for North, naija for done divide. If to say na for West e dey, Yoruba for they abuse us all the days of our lives. Wonders indeed shall never die.
u're wat i call display of ignorance. At ur age u stil think like dis.u must be suffering from cumulative trauma disorders.

6 Likes

Re: FG Approves The Building Of 5 Refineries In Ogun State by tinnymerit(m): 11:37pm On May 07, 2012
That should be in preparation for south western naija,little wonder GEH had meeting with tinubu,bankole and odas few weeks ago.up western naija.I dont need to renew ma passport now i av to wait for south western naija passport.
Re: FG Approves The Building Of 5 Refineries In Ogun State by Vernor(m): 11:40pm On May 07, 2012
WATER DE GO WATER DE COME GOVERNMENT MAGIC, DEM GO BUILD 500 REFINERY FOR OGUN GOVERNMENT MAGIC. DEM GO DABARU EVERYTHING GOVT MAGIC.
Re: FG Approves The Building Of 5 Refineries In Ogun State by jason123: 11:42pm On May 07, 2012
amosy007: THE Ogun State governor, Senator Ibikunle Amosun, has disclosed that five refineries have been approved by the Federal Government for the state.

Amosun said this at the weekend, during his official tour to Ipokia Local Government Area of the state, adding that the presidency had given the approval to establish the five refineries in the council area, having been satisfied with report of oil discovery in the area.

Amosun said the development would transform the council, saying that no fewer than 400 companies had indicated interest to establish refineries and general investment in the state, a month after the investment summit organised by the state government.

He noted that his administration would expand the Idi-Iroko-Ipokia road, to pave the way for the expected development in the council.

Governor Amosun appealed to the Federal Government to consider constructing a link bridge between Ipokia and Badagary in Lagos State, to further boost the economy of the area.

He assured that both Owode-Ilaro and Papalanto-Ilaro roads, belonging to the Federal Government, would be rehabilitated and expanded.

Meanwhile, there was pandemonium when smugglers trying to evade arrest from the men of the Nigerian Customs Service drove into the convoy of Governor Amosun, at Idi-Iroko, when the governor was returning to Abeokuta, the state capital.

www.tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/40439-fg-approved-5-refineries-for-ogun-amosun

Re: FG Approves The Building Of 5 Refineries In Ogun State by cantell(m): 11:42pm On May 07, 2012
Vernor: WATER DE GO WATER DE COME GOVERNMENT MAGIC, DEM GO BUILD 500 REFINERY FOR OGUN GOVERNMENT MAGIC. DEM GO DABARU EVERYTHING GOVT MAGIC.
Laugh wan kill me die!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

N8b Bailout Fund: Why We’re Probing Okorocha – EFCC / We Will Resist Fulani Vigilantes In Igboland - Ohanaeze Tells Miyetti Allah / Happy Birthday Your Excellency, Atiku Abubakar (turaki Adamawa)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.