Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,034 members, 7,803,477 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:32 PM

Sponsoring/producing A Nigerian Movie. - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Sponsoring/producing A Nigerian Movie. (6955 Views)

Foreign Tabloids Mock Nigerian Movie "Spider Girl' In Hilarious Movie Review / Half Of A Yellow Sun: Best Nigerian Movie For 2013 / You Know It's A Nigerian Movie When... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sponsoring/producing A Nigerian Movie. by Nobody: 3:12pm On May 07, 2012
Lost my job in the banking industry a couple of weeks ago and was opportuned to learn that one can make money from sponsoring or producing a Nigerian Movie. I am very interested in this but do not have the expertise and faintest idea of what it takes.
I will be glad to read suggestions from nlders on how to go about it.
Thanks in anticipation. My E-Mail addres is 101soldier@yahoo.com.

2 Likes

Re: Sponsoring/producing A Nigerian Movie. by Briareos(m): 7:28pm On May 07, 2012
First of all, I'm very sorry you lost your job.

Then, on the issue at hand, well, my advice for you is to do research.

Read whatever you can lay your hand on about making movie.

I will send you a message though!
Re: Sponsoring/producing A Nigerian Movie. by Jayboy124: 6:24am On May 08, 2012
If you have enough money, co-produce with the big players of Nollywood. There are Nollywood films that has made big money at the box office. Look for guys behind these movies, sit down and discuss with them.

If not, you can try some independent stuff.

If not, you can go the Idumota way too.

As a banker, I believe you know that every business venture can be very profitable and/or can also make you loose money. So like the first person advised, please do a lot of research. Your bank experience has to give you an edge in the research. Movie business is risky.

Wish you all the best.
Re: Sponsoring/producing A Nigerian Movie. by stiyke(m): 9:27am On May 11, 2012
Jayboy124: If you have enough money, co-produce with the big players of Nollywood. There are Nollywood films that has made big money at the box office. Look for guys behind these movies, sit down and discuss with them.

If not, you can try some independent stuff.

If not, you can go the Idumota way too.

As a banker, I believe you know that every business venture can be very profitable and/or can also make you loose money. So like the first person advised, please do a lot of research. Your bank experience has to give you an edge in the research. Movie business is risky.

Wish you all the best.

Please could you explain "the Idumota way"? I will be glad to learn what that means. Thanks
Re: Sponsoring/producing A Nigerian Movie. by Jayboy124: 10:30am On May 11, 2012
stiyke:

Please could you explain "the Idumota way"? I will be glad to learn what that means. Thanks

Sorry. Meant going straight to VCD/DVD. Which means you aren't planning to go through cinema. And for those who know this system well, it seems to me like the most profitable.
Re: Sponsoring/producing A Nigerian Movie. by flavourwole: 5:08pm On May 14, 2012
hi sorry 4 losing ur job.am into entertainment,can we meet 1 on 1 2 discuss abt d movie project?i sent u a mail bt ur email is not going.do u have script 4 movie or we shuld produce d 1 wt us.my mail is shinene2k@yahoo.co.uk.4 details call 08029714968.thanks
Re: Sponsoring/producing A Nigerian Movie. by flavourwole: 5:10pm On May 14, 2012
we are going to shoot a movie that can be premier at cinemas.
Re: Sponsoring/producing A Nigerian Movie. by rozettapeters1: 6:37pm On May 14, 2012
My name is Rosemary Okosun,
I am a Hollywood trained filmmaker/actress and writer
i am currently an African representative of a Hollywood based film/distribution company,Lucine distributions.
I am presently in the pre-production stage of my movie 'The clearance officer'
i have a wide technical know how on how to shoot a movie on low budget with superb quality.
As i already have distribution connection with Lucine distribution(which is affiliated with international film buyers in over 100 film territories worldwide)we have no problem in getting your money(investment) recouped after shooting the film.
I look forward to hearing from you soon
email address is :rozettapeters1@yahoo.com
my number is 08088643123,07041446485
Re: Sponsoring/producing A Nigerian Movie. by tee200710: 8:41am On May 15, 2012
I will send you a message though![img]http://www.dubaa.info/hmp.gif[/img]
Re: Sponsoring/producing A Nigerian Movie. by skillet(m): 2:42pm On May 21, 2012
dr wise, i dont know what dese people re sayin but i dont think any one of dem is a real film maker. let me tell u bros. u dont make money frm d sponsorship of a film. nobody can. on one film? ders a lot involvd in film makin. frm inception 2 finish. if ur interest lies in film financing den dat is wht u concentrate on. wit ur bckground, might be easy 4 u 2 find financial houses to insure movies or outfits. if ure intersted in producin ur own story den d case is different...
Re: Sponsoring/producing A Nigerian Movie. by rozettapeters1: 4:57pm On May 22, 2012
Are you a film maker skillet?

if you are then you will know that film making is like any other business venture.with risks but when
you do your homework(budgeting ,planning etc) you make profits.
Do you realize we have hundreds of territories
worldwide who have film buyers willing to buy a finished feature
do you also know that distribution is the major setback when it comes to making profits in film making
The company i happen to be an African Representative of ,which is based in Hollywood is a production company /a distribution company
A filmmaker doesn't beg for sponsorship but seeks investors.'The clearance officer' is currently in talks with Thomas Kretschmann,the American actor in''wanted'' to play the lead in the film.
i am also in talks with a top film financier,who also owns a film company in U.k
So when you say fake filmmaker,please kindly meet the people you're referring to first
Re: Sponsoring/producing A Nigerian Movie. by Nobody: 8:03pm On May 22, 2012
skillet: dr wise, i dont know what dese people re sayin but i dont think any one of dem is a real film maker. let me tell u bros. u dont make money frm d sponsorship of a film. nobody can. on one film? ders a lot involvd in film makin. frm inception 2 finish. if ur interest lies in film financing den dat is wht u concentrate on. wit ur bckground, might be easy 4 u 2 find financial houses to insure movies or outfits. if ure intersted in producin ur own story den d case is different...
what is d difference in Financing a film and sponsoring it? Do U̶̲̥̅̊ even know W̶̲̥̅̊Hα̲̅† U̶̲̥̅̊ r talking about here? Abeg abeg.
Re: Sponsoring/producing A Nigerian Movie. by skillet(m): 11:51pm On May 22, 2012
rozetta, i am sorry 2 hve cast aspersion on u. wasnt intentional. u seem 2 know ur onions. as a film maker, ur line of reasoning is on point. maybe it ws the sketchy details in ur previous post dat raised flags. one cant be 2 careful. i stand corrected.
dolly, take a look at rozettas post. do u notice wht she says about film makers not lookin 4 sponsors but investors? dat is d difference. u SPONSOR a political event but u FINANCE a film. by d way ur abegs are not complete. one is remaining.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sponsoring/producing A Nigerian Movie. by helen8282: 2:41pm On May 25, 2012
Hi there'
I saw this and am interested. I have a movie script I wish to produce and just a very low budget. Can I be linked to any film maker who can handle this movie script production for me despite the little finance I have. Any interested pls check me on helen4eva82@yahoo.com
Re: Sponsoring/producing A Nigerian Movie. by flavourwole: 12:30pm On May 29, 2012
helen, contact me on 08029714968......4 details.....
Re: Sponsoring/producing A Nigerian Movie. by Zeduks(m): 6:22pm On Dec 07, 2014
Sequel to your posting on Nairaland dated May 7, 2012; i'd like to make my concept known to you based on your enquiry.

My name is Daniel and I am writing from Owerri, Imo State. Though I replied so late, I believe that no knowledge is a waste. I write scripts and would wish to advise that the most rightful step to take first is considering which scripts you can invest on.

Secondly, you need to consider the genre, location and every bit of it's cost. Another fact is bearing the mark of difference in it's entirety because there have been hundreds of productions flooding the market which tends competition so high. Effects to this thought, you'd require a script that would stand you out so that you could bear the joy of your investment.

However, you could consider to hire a movie director whose job could mean well and with his professional advice could interprete the industry better. Forming your own trusted-panel would be necessary. (trusted, in the sense, that they wouldn't plagiarize your work elsewhere)

Summarily, trying it independently is just ideal because it would allow your concept and script theme the chance to interprete what you have in mind for the audience. Let the royalty be the last thing to consider because definitely, if you work hard enough, then the reward is certainly there. There are marketers and promoters who could legally take your job further hence it possess the quality and message to attract attention and in whichever direction it might please you as the investor.

Actually, I'd be obliged to receive a response hence I could be recognized if my script, suggestion or advice is voted for.

Thanks and God Blessings

Daniel (intapals@yahoo.com)
Re: Sponsoring/producing A Nigerian Movie. by ceceogelewa(f): 12:13am On Jan 12, 2016
I am looking for a sponsor, I have well scripted and screenplayed script of a campus story, it's of love, hatred, confusion, betrayal, nemesis
Re: Sponsoring/producing A Nigerian Movie. by Kelvinwrites: 5:51pm On Dec 20, 2021
Hello I'm a pro script writer, when it comes to complicated storyline, melodrama etc I'm a sure plug there, contact me with 07046414777 let's make a great movie
Re: Sponsoring/producing A Nigerian Movie. by bay4realpeople1: 2:33pm On Jan 11, 2022
Are you a Script writer/ Content creator who can create good contents for skits making ‘preferably for YouTube’.

H-DEBAY TV is looking to hire you.

The gig is long term (3-4 scripts per week) and Fee will be discussed. If interested send an email to hdebaytv@gmail.com

Kelvinwrites:
Hello I'm a pro script writer, when it comes to complicated storyline, melodrama etc I'm a sure plug there, contact me with 07046414777 let's make a great movie
Re: Sponsoring/producing A Nigerian Movie. by laurenwhite(f): 9:52pm On Jan 11, 2022
I'M INTERESTED SIR.

(1) (Reply)

Mr. Krabz: Stand-Up Comedy Show (Video) / Do You Really Have A Best Nollywood Movie? / Who Remembers Paloma And Diego? Catalina And Sebastian? What's Your Favorite?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.