Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,235 members, 7,807,787 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:11 PM

Preparing To Attend An Interview? Read This - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Preparing To Attend An Interview? Read This (61703 Views)

I've Got An Interview To Attend But I've Chicken Pox. What Should I Do?? / He Missed An Interview Because……. / Job Interview With Ease, (if U Are About To Attend An Interview U Must Read This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Preparing To Attend An Interview? Read This by bolaoni(m): 6:58pm On Nov 21, 2007
Well Frankies, they are no gods right but what you do or not do will determine what you get at the end of
the day. So in that context they can be treated as gods coz they determine whether you are employed or not.

The issue is that you must not allow fear to rule you.

I remember when i was sitting on an interview panel for the first time. We were interviewing some young kids for Internship. I was amused throughout because some questions were asked that were supposed to throw the guys
off balance and those that have no liver get swept off and they never recover till they are sent out. wink
Re: Preparing To Attend An Interview? Read This by jkpretty(f): 9:10am On Nov 22, 2007
@ Frankies

I totally believe in what u said, Not only dat they are human, they are not the most intelligent people on earth, as u may know, they could have stereotyped questions that may seem they've got the whole knowledge in the world.

True like bolaoni said, u must not allow fear to set in, once fear rules, u might not even have anwers to the simplest questions, even if u've read the whole "preparing to attend an interview" books this world has to offer.

When i'm going for any interview, or any place where i think i might feel intimidated. i remember to put on the cloth named "we are all human" dat way i'm sure of winning something.

In essence if u can overcome, fear, intimidation, inferiority complex, anxiety, then u can think of taking the next step, which is answering ur questions perfectly.

Thanks 2 u all though learnt a lot
Re: Preparing To Attend An Interview? Read This by LoveKing(m): 10:24am On Nov 22, 2007
But all these long long sentences just to pass interview? Thats one thing about these new age applications to life, without God how now ? Now let me apply my technique which is new age-the reason you havent gotten a job is because youthink you will always fail at the job,or not good,or will always stutter at interviews. The basis is all ur thinking and always put in ur thought that the interviewers are also human and inferior (yes) to you.
Re: Preparing To Attend An Interview? Read This by bolaoni(m): 10:53am On Nov 22, 2007

Though the "long" sentences may not be useful to efikos like you, there are
people that have found them useful tongue
Re: Preparing To Attend An Interview? Read This by LoveKing(m): 11:15am On Nov 22, 2007
bolaoni:

Though the "long" sentences may not be useful to efikos like you, there are
people that have found them useful tongue

i agree but they are not the ultimate.
Re: Preparing To Attend An Interview? Read This by bolaoni(m): 12:13pm On Nov 22, 2007
What is the ultimate man? Please share the ULTIMATE with us o. We are all learning.

So start a thread and share the ultimate with us all. I'm willing to learn from your well of wisdom wink

NOTE:

if you have filled that form, and you haven't received the Ebook, Angel Inside, it is
because you have not verified your subscription. Everything has been automated and
the system will need you to confirm that you actually filled that form.

A message asking you to confirm your subscription will be sent to you. All you have to
do is to click on the confirmation link and the book will be delivered afterwards. This is
to ensure that you get the book anytime of the day you fill the form. If I am not online
you don't have to wait for days. AUTOMATION is the word wink

Check your email box for the confirmation message or even in your Bulk wink

There is truly an angel inside of us all cheesy
Re: Preparing To Attend An Interview? Read This by guyman2(m): 10:56am On Nov 23, 2007
@ Bolaoni

In a couple of days I would be interviewing for a sales representative position with the publishing giants; Macmillan. I haven't done sales before. What are the likely questioin and responses. Thank you.
Re: Preparing To Attend An Interview? Read This by Bblak(f): 1:57pm On Nov 23, 2007
Nice one.thanks
Re: Preparing To Attend An Interview? Read This by bolaoni(m): 2:03pm On Nov 23, 2007
I'm not sure I have an answer to that question since I have not filled in for a sales
representative before cheesy

Just get yourself ready. Answer the questions you are asked honestly and remember
as was said in previous posts, NO FEAR! Take everything as they come man.

All the best and share your testimony here kiss
Re: Preparing To Attend An Interview? Read This by papagiddy(m): 2:11pm On Nov 23, 2007
hello naira lander, what advise can u give to my sister who is currently at home.she jist finished from one of the private university in nigeria with second class lower in mass communication.she will want to work in paid bank.pending the time when she will be going for NYSC next year february.
pls help me on how to go about it.she 's really bothering that she tired of staying at home.
Re: Preparing To Attend An Interview? Read This by MISSWORLD1(f): 3:00pm On Nov 23, 2007
bolani, all your contributions are brillant, you are a darling,
Re: Preparing To Attend An Interview? Read This by MISSWORLD1(f): 3:01pm On Nov 23, 2007
bolaoni, BIG THANKS YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS CAME AT THE VERY RIGHT TIME, YOU ARE BLESSED,COS U'VE BEEN ABLESSING TO PEOPLE'S LIVES,
I HAVE AN ORAL INTERVIEW TOMOROW, ,.
Re: Preparing To Attend An Interview? Read This by bolaoni(m): 4:04pm On Nov 23, 2007
ewe, my day is made o. A whole Miss World complimenting my work cool cool cool

Thanks Ma'am. Just a duty to do wink

Best of luck in your interview.

papa giddy, tell your sister to add more value to her life. She is yet to serve and she
wants to work in a bank? As what? Is she computer literate? Tell her to get educated in
case she isn't. There are so many things to do anyway before February
Re: Preparing To Attend An Interview? Read This by KGREAT(m): 4:11pm On Nov 23, 2007
kiss good works! kiss
Re: Preparing To Attend An Interview? Read This by MISSWORLD1(f): 2:59pm On Nov 26, 2007
MY DEAR BOLANI, BIG THANKS OOO. THE INTERVIEW WAS GREAT, AT LEAST THERE WERE IMPRESSED, THOUGH IT'S A FINANCE COMPANY, WHY DO THEY ASK QUESTIONS ON YOUR BIRTHPLACE IN THE FAMILY E,G.WHAT BORN ARE YOU, I'M THE FIRST OUT OF 7,
KEEP ME POSTED.THANKS
Re: Preparing To Attend An Interview? Read This by bolaoni(m): 6:32pm On Nov 26, 2007
Miss World, should we start jubilating? Congrats in advance smiley

why such a question? Part of the process I guess. They want to know who you are and maybe your capability in
handling responsibilities wink
Re: Preparing To Attend An Interview? Read This by Dmajesty(m): 8:38am On Nov 27, 2007
Every year, young, energetic, and vibrant graduates are being pumped out of NYSC in two batches. Many of them travel here and there in search of greener pasture in several multinational companies, private companies, banks etc. but only a few remain lucky after several attempt. Is it because the barber does not know how to barb or that the blade is not sharp? Thorough research has discovered that the fault is from applicants and not the employers. I have some free tutorials to help you secure your dream jobs in any part of Nigeria and offshore of Nigerian coast. Details, http://getthejobs.webs.io

Cheers, ONE NIGERIA FOREVER!
Re: Preparing To Attend An Interview? Read This by bolaoni(m): 2:54pm On Nov 28, 2007
Are you searching for job and getting woried that it is not coming? Read the quote below and meditate on it:

"All adverse and depressing influences can be overcome, not by fighting, but by rising above them."

Charles Caleb Colton
1780-1832, Clergyman

You will rise above this situation and you will overcome in Jesus Name. wink

Being busy of late. More tips will be added to this thread in a short while wink
Re: Preparing To Attend An Interview? Read This by studio5i: 12:27am On Nov 29, 2007
@ Bolaoni, I need advice.
I live in the uk, and am currently rounding off my masters.
I have plans to relocate to Nigeria next year, and am thinking of securing a job before I go.
Am in my eary 20's so I havent had much experience, but am reli good at what I do, which is implementing IT security 4 organizations.

Can u advice me on how to get a job in nigeria?
thanks.
Re: Preparing To Attend An Interview? Read This by bolaoni(m): 1:00am On Nov 29, 2007
studio5i,

Great question and a great decision by you. I will advice you to seek so many people's
opinion about this and not bolaoni's alone. Have you seen the thread below:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-93847.0.html

After reading that, you can now start a thread asking people's opinion and I will gladly
contribute. I always believe there is safety in multitude of counsels. wink

But let me ask this, do you have anyone to help out here? As in a relation or whoever that
will help in the job search process.
Re: Preparing To Attend An Interview? Read This by studio5i: 1:56am On Nov 29, 2007
thanks a bunch.
Re: Preparing To Attend An Interview? Read This by smartman: 3:20am On Dec 01, 2007
congrats first 4 scaling the first hurdle.

I 'll advise you to just be urself and be confident (don't b mechanical)
Re: Preparing To Attend An Interview? Read This by smartman: 3:26am On Dec 01, 2007
Hi guys, I hope the eligible folks are ready for the interview next week in Abuja.
We meet there by God's grace.
It's just going to be basic questions frromwhat I heard.

Good luck to all the applicants.
Re: Preparing To Attend An Interview? Read This by bolaoni(m): 8:11am On Dec 06, 2007
Sorry guys, I have been away from my computer for a while. That is the reason for my not updating this blog for a while.

Well, do you know there are some tough interview questions that you will be asked and you won't even know what to say when they are directed at you. Well, succour is here today. I have highlighted some of these tough questions on my blog but let me share them with you here:

Q: "What are your weaknesses?"
"Don't take this literally and go into a detailed explanation of your weaknesses," says John Challenger, CEO of global outplacement consultancy Challenger, Gray & Christmas, Inc. He advises taking a potential weakness and putting a positive spin on it.

A: "I am very detail-oriented and in some industries that may not be a good fit. But for this accounting position, I think this trait truly will help me excel."

Q: "How would you solve this problem?"

Challenger says that these kinds of hypothetical questions can be risky. First of all, they may not like your answer; if they do like it, there's a chance they will steal it. That's what happened to June Sullivan when she interviewed for an activity director's position at a long-term care facility. When asked about marketing ideas, June laid out her entire plan. Well, she didn't get the job, but later recognized some of her strategies being used by the facility.

A: "I think you can increase product awareness by enacting some marketing strategies that could employ advertising, direct mail or media placements."

Q: "Why did you leave your last job?"
Again, Challenger suggests presenting everything in a positive light. An interview is not the time to dish the dirt on your previous employer.

A: "The company just wasn't a good fit for my innovative personality. But what I learned is that organizations have distinct personalities just like people do. Now I know to concentrate my job search on companies who value independent thinking and alternative methods."

Q: "Why do you want to work here?"

Questions like these require you to do your homework before the interview.

A: "I want to be a part of a global company that last year alone invested $1.4 million in research and development of eco-friendly industrial processes."

For More of these tough questions and how to answer them, visit the link below:

Answers To Tough Interview Questions

More to come SOON! wink
Re: Preparing To Attend An Interview? Read This by Olaakande(m): 4:53pm On Dec 10, 2007
Dear Bola Oni,
Thanks for all your posting on nairaland,they ve really been helpful to most of we job seekers.
Ma,I will really need your advise on on how to get over stage fright or better regards it as crowd fright during an interview that entails all the applicant being in one room theb panel of interviewers.
I happened to attend an inetrview recently with a micro finance firm,and we were asked to pick a number from which the question will given,we have to talk on the topic and relate it to the business enterprise,before getting out for my turn, I was so confident and relax,after preparing myself several days b4 the interview,but to my dismay I found myself almost loosing my voice,when it was turn, though at the end of it I was able to pass across my ideas on the topic asked,but was not really impressed with myself,despite the fact that my co applicant were applauding me and some even took my phone number.
Please Ma,kindly proferr advise on how to go by this achilles heels of mine.Thank you
Re: Preparing To Attend An Interview? Read This by bolaoni(m): 6:17pm On Dec 11, 2007
Olaakande,

thanks for the compliments man.

I have always believed there is always a solution to any known problem. But I am not sure
yours is exceptional. It happens to all and sundry and the great thing is that you were able to
overcome it.

Just like somebody said in a previous post, see everyone in a place as humans and no gods. Just
tell yourself no one is better than you there and your confidence will be boosted. wink
Re: Preparing To Attend An Interview? Read This by chi77(f): 4:49pm On Dec 13, 2007
Hi, this is a nice piece. Many people are not aware of these tips. Job interviews are to be prepared for. My organisation train young graduates on this. You have done well. I didn;t get a job until i paid attention to my job interviews.

Well done. For more on this pls email me personally on chinyere77@yahoo.com
Re: Preparing To Attend An Interview? Read This by bolaoni(m): 3:02am On Dec 15, 2007
WOW!

Chinyere, never knew there is an organisation that does that over here.

You can also share more tips here wink

Has anyone see this:

[center]Tips to Ensure a Successful Job Interview[/center]

Keep visiting this thread for more great tips cool
Re: Preparing To Attend An Interview? Read This by chiibest(f): 9:54am On Dec 15, 2007
Thanks for the advice
Re: Preparing To Attend An Interview? Read This by pcicero(m): 5:31pm On Dec 15, 2007
Nice one Franckies wink. Methink the problem is not knowing what to say basically but the courage to say those things. Anyway the preparations are necessary to boost your confidence. YES shocked
Re: Preparing To Attend An Interview? Read This by Jezgirl(f): 6:52pm On Dec 20, 2007
@ Bolaoni, like u sed earlier on in d thread, that you're waitin 4 my testimony about d job/placement interview i went for at GlaxoSmithKline, just wana inform u that i applied all the interview hints/tips u listed in d thread and I was OFFERED the job/placement yesterday.

So fanks 4 those lovely n helpful interview tips. {Was really helpful & useful} kiss kiss kiss
Re: Preparing To Attend An Interview? Read This by bolaoni(m): 6:42pm On Dec 24, 2007
Wow!

Jezgirl. That is so wonderful! I am so excited to hear this great news.

Congratulations Ma'am. Just don't forget to send in your tithe after
the first month cheesy

This shows that these tips, when/if applied will work for anyone.

Compliments of the seasons to you Ma'am.

Guys, waiting for your own testimonials too wink

For more career/job tips visit: http://www.careerboostingtips.com

Happy Holidays!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lady Reveals She Slept With A Manager During An Interview And Got The Job! / Anheuser-busch Inbev Global Management Trainee Recruitment 2018 / Deloitte Graduate Recruitment 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.