Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,965 members, 7,806,792 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:30 AM

I Got Job At Two Places At Same Time - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Got Job At Two Places At Same Time (3803 Views)

I Got This For Asking My Boss My February Salary / How I Got Belittled By My Boss... / Working And Running Masters And ICAN At The Same Time. Is This Possible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Got Job At Two Places At Same Time by shacky: 2:13pm On Nov 13, 2007
Dear Nairalanders, i got job in Nigerian Breweries and First Inland Bank.

I am confused on which one to go for and I don't even know what there pay is like.

Someone give me an idea please!
Re: I Got Job At Two Places At Same Time by uchetobi(f): 2:28pm On Nov 13, 2007
accept the two, your contract letter will state the pay, then you can make a choice
Re: I Got Job At Two Places At Same Time by onikoyia(m): 3:01pm On Nov 13, 2007
congrat my broda ! well accept the two offer consider there pay anyone favour you den you go for it,but a time everything is not all about money please take your time to pray over it tell god to put you through and i strongly believe you would n't be mislead in-shallahu,all the best my broda.
Re: I Got Job At Two Places At Same Time by youngdigi(m): 3:10pm On Nov 13, 2007
it shouldn't be all about the money, especially if this is ur first job, if i were you, i will consider the growth prospects of each of the jobs. i will also consider which of the 2 jobs looks better on my resume 5 yrs from now, based on my career field. only time i believe money should be a factor in this kind of situation is if either of the jobs cannot take care of my daily expenses, then money can be the clear decisive factor. anyways, good luck , congrats
Re: I Got Job At Two Places At Same Time by iskil: 3:12pm On Nov 13, 2007
smileyTake da NB own except u wan make a career in da banking field which is cool too, aight, 1 love
Re: I Got Job At Two Places At Same Time by shacky: 3:23pm On Nov 13, 2007
Thanks a lot! But is there anyone that knows abt there pays
Re: I Got Job At Two Places At Same Time by femi4love(m): 3:24pm On Nov 13, 2007
First of all, congratulations to you. My advice is to compare the offers to what career plan you have for yourself. What positions were you offered? Which one is more related to your ambition? like somebody rightly said, the money is not what really matters, though it's important. My first job as an Accounts Officer in 1989 was N250 per month, in 1993 (4years after), after doing ICAN, I was earning about N25,000 per month, so you see, it depends on your career focus. I changed to IT after many years of accounting profession and I'm loving every bit of it. May God guide you through the right choice.
Re: I Got Job At Two Places At Same Time by ehie007(m): 3:49pm On Nov 13, 2007
Guy u cannnot compare a bank with nigerian brewies.

Banking is a routine job and u will get bored.

Pls take nigerian brewies, cos
1. The pay is far far better.
2. U will need the money as a starter
From there u can choose which career path u want.
And u get the oportunity to drink free beer or malt. and i even heard free food. grin

To be serious go for nigerian brewies. The pay is far better, less stress, better welfare package.

U cant compare any bank to nigerian brewies.

Ur a lucky man.
Re: I Got Job At Two Places At Same Time by Biliamin(m): 3:57pm On Nov 13, 2007
hi,
I will advice u to pray very well b4 u decide. Though left to me, I will ask u to join the bank because working in brewery is a great sin in my own dictionary. just make sure u seek God's guidian.

Congratulations,
Re: I Got Job At Two Places At Same Time by weebee(f): 4:23pm On Nov 13, 2007
What a lucky guy! Congratulations.
Re: I Got Job At Two Places At Same Time by desgiezd(m): 4:29pm On Nov 13, 2007
I'll join you in singing:

To God be the glory great things he has done ,
Re: I Got Job At Two Places At Same Time by hayo(m): 4:43pm On Nov 13, 2007
No need to think too much.
Nigerian breweries will spoil you with different kind of incentives and growth opportunity.
It is also a very tested and respected company --- one of the few good companies u can work throughout without changing jobs.
Nigerian Banks are way behind this concept.
Re: I Got Job At Two Places At Same Time by finekid(m): 4:47pm On Nov 13, 2007
All I say is congratulations!
Re: I Got Job At Two Places At Same Time by wakagirl: 4:57pm On Nov 13, 2007
''it shouldn't be all about the money, especially if this is your first job, if i were you, i will consider the growth prospects of each of the jobs. i will also consider which of the 2 jobs looks better on my resume 5 years from now, based on my career field. only time i believe money should be a factor in this kind of situation is if either of the jobs cannot take care of my daily expenses, then money can be the clear decisive factor. anyways, good luck , congrats''

THAT'S THE WORD!
Re: I Got Job At Two Places At Same Time by Greycells(m): 4:58pm On Nov 13, 2007
Please consider the job description repsectively before you make your choice. Which of the two offers you a future career?

Both are good offers, but Nigeria Breweries offers more job security, perks (free food and drinks everyday), peace of mind and career development than any bank you can ever work in Nigeria. Moreso, it is a multi-national company,  Heineken International has substantial interest in the company,

But if it is just about the money,  u know where-to-go
Re: I Got Job At Two Places At Same Time by saucekid(m): 5:02pm On Nov 13, 2007
firstly CONGRATULATIONS

WHY AM I HAVING THE FEELING THAT U JUST WANT TO HEAR OTHERS OPINION??withing u, you've already made ur decision but if u still havent decided,give me the NB job offer and take the banking offer ok wink wink wink

DA SAUCE
Re: I Got Job At Two Places At Same Time by shushu(f): 5:37pm On Nov 13, 2007
x
Re: I Got Job At Two Places At Same Time by shushu(f): 5:39pm On Nov 13, 2007
Nigerian breweries definitely because the working conditions and environment are better and you close early and have a life.
Re: I Got Job At Two Places At Same Time by aquita(m): 7:42pm On Nov 13, 2007
@shacky, congratulations. which of the two job will likely give you more job satisfaction? money should not be the determining factor. all the best.
Re: I Got Job At Two Places At Same Time by knzguru(m): 8:56pm On Nov 13, 2007
Congratulations!
I guess youve gotten some valid advice but i suggest you breifly describe what your goals and aspiations are. that way you'll get even better advice. cheers
Re: I Got Job At Two Places At Same Time by ptaller(m): 9:38pm On Nov 13, 2007
I'll advice you to go for NB, because with them there is job security, less stress and would even afford you the opportunity to make the right decision concerning your future because we can always diversify. I have a friend that joined some years back with senior school Cert, but now he is one of their senior staffs because the company afford him the opportunity to go back to school get his degrees and was promoted, the only condition is that the certificate has to be part time.

But in all, you have to pray about it and like what other nairalanders has said. I know with God you would make the right decision.  Congrats
Re: I Got Job At Two Places At Same Time by Tammyo: 1:42am On Nov 14, 2007
wow shacky u really are a lucky guy!pls accept my congratulations!
Re: I Got Job At Two Places At Same Time by Nwaka77: 4:06am On Nov 14, 2007
Congratulations! Ask God to lead you into making the right choice is all I can say.
Re: I Got Job At Two Places At Same Time by omotoda(m): 4:52am On Nov 14, 2007
Congrats o my broda.
Why would u consider a bank over Nigerian Breweries.I will advise u to go for Nigerian Breweries.I am in banking and if i have my way, i will leave asap.

Banking no be am o, at least in naija that i know.

Cheers and all the best, but remember Nigerian Breweies is it ooo. grin
Re: I Got Job At Two Places At Same Time by coollove: 6:50am On Nov 14, 2007
I think want for now is money, then take the bankin job. Their pay is better and u may likely grow farster.

The banking industry is bigger.
Re: I Got Job At Two Places At Same Time by viceb: 9:49am On Nov 14, 2007
congrats man. Decide on what career path u wana follow and strike,
Re: I Got Job At Two Places At Same Time by bolaoni(m): 10:09am On Nov 14, 2007
Job security?

Is there any word like that? And is it for real? To me that word died
several years ago. I am not sure there is any company that offers
that, the truth is that anything can happen at anytime.

shacky, look within yourself, what career path have you laid for yourself?
Will any of the two companies offer you that inner peace? Choose the one
you will really enjoy and have a life doing.

Money? It shouldn't be a factor because you are going to work for years, if
you choose to, and you will make so much money in return. it is not really
about the starting salary, it is where you want to go and what you want
to achieve.

Remember to ask for God's guidance, that is the KOKO! wink

All the best. kiss
Re: I Got Job At Two Places At Same Time by suze(f): 12:00pm On Nov 14, 2007
Nigerian breweries job is less stressful except you are in I.T department. If it were me, I'll accept the 2 and compare d pay.

There's more opportunity for promotion in a bank than brewries, trust me on that
Re: I Got Job At Two Places At Same Time by kenechi22(m): 12:30pm On Nov 14, 2007
I did my youth service wt NBL kaduna plant.I think i prefer it to A bank job.Bt better still pray to God for direction
Re: I Got Job At Two Places At Same Time by ndubest(m): 12:46pm On Nov 14, 2007
my guy i wish you all the best but as others have rightly pointed out, money is not everything. look out for where you will make an impact that will uplift you to next level or that may even make you a hot commodity for other competitors in the labour market. my suggestion is you look out for people that are already in the system and ask for the BENEFITS for employers(not salaries) but other things attached to the welfare of the workers minus the allowance. Congrats my dear
Re: I Got Job At Two Places At Same Time by obyann(f): 1:07pm On Nov 14, 2007
First of all congrates.

my advice is you take up the NB job. I think its better. But one secret about NB job is, if you enter with HND, it will get to a stage that they will stop promoting you. They do it to HND holders a lot. I have an uncle that worked there with HND and he is in Canada now. But honestly there is prospect there.

They choice is yours. Never forget to take it to God in prayer.
Re: I Got Job At Two Places At Same Time by pekkyn: 1:45pm On Nov 14, 2007
CONGRATS,

IF I WERE YOU I WOULD ACCEPT THE TWO OFFERS, THEN COMPARE THE STRESS INVOLVED IN THE TWO AND THE SALARIES AS WELL.

THOUGH I KNOW BANK WILL BE MORE STRESSFUL.
I THANK GOD FOR YOU.

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Course 44 Experience In Nda 2016 / Is It Proper To Pay Tax On Part Time Jobs ? / Fashion designers whatsapp group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.