Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,787 members, 7,798,649 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:55 AM

Liverpool Vs Chelsea (4 - 1) On May 8th 2012 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Liverpool Vs Chelsea (4 - 1) On May 8th 2012 (15814 Views)

Poll: Who Wins This Match?

Liverpool: 43% (32 votes)
Chelsea: 45% (34 votes)
Draw: 10% (8 votes)
This poll has ended

Tottenham Hotspur Vs Manchester City (4 - 1) On 26th September 2015 / Chelsea Vs Swansea (2 - 2) On 8th August 2015 / Liverpool Vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 8th November 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Liverpool Vs Chelsea (4 - 1) On May 8th 2012 by mukina2: 9:15am On May 08, 2012
Liverpool defender Daniel Agger has revealed he is still reeling from his FA Cup final disappointment, but has targeted wins in both of the club's remaining Barclays Premier League games, starting with their Wembley opponents Chelsea.

The Blues' beat Liverpool 2-1 on the way to their seventh FA Cup triumph and Agger admitted he was still coming to terms with the fact he travelled back to the north west on Saturday evening with a losers' medal.

"There's not much more to say right now. We are all just so disappointed,'' he told the club's official website.

"We have got two games left in the season and we have got to try and win them. That is how we will start to move forward. It is difficult right now to think about anything else.

"When you get into an FA Cup final, you really want to win it. Nobody ever remembers the runners-up. Nobody likes to be a loser.''

Despite Liverpool's failure to add to their Carling Cup success earlier in the campaign, the Denmark international believes the club is showing signs of progression.

"Can we challenge the top teams next season? Yes, of course. We have moved forward a lot this season but right now the only feelings are of disappointment,'' he added.

A late goal from former Chelsea defender Glen Johnson secured a 2-1 win for Liverpool at Stamford Bridge back in November and another victory would condemn the west London side to a sixth-placed finish in the league.

Reds' boss Kenny Dalglish had never tasted defeat against Chelsea prior to the cup final, but he does not underestimate a team that has reached the Champions League final under the guidance of interim manager Roberto Di Matteo.

He said: "They got two fantastic results in the Champions League semi-final. They know how to play. They have got experience.

"We might have been a wee bit naive (in the final). They are very experienced - Whatever way they want to play, it is up to us to play against it.''

Juan Mata has insisted there is no chance of him suffering burnout ahead of what could be more overtime for the Chelsea winger.

Mata looked set to be handed a well-earned day off at Anfield following Saturday's FA Cup final triumph, with most expecting the Blues' top-four bid to have ended on Sunday afternoon.

But Newcastle's defeat to Manchester City and Tottenham's draw at Aston Villa - coupled with Arsenal's failure to beat Norwich the previous day - kept alive sixth-placed Chelsea's slim hopes of qualifying for next season's Champions League via the Premier League.

They must beat Liverpool for the second time in four days to stand any chance of overhauling two of the three teams directly above them, leaving caretaker manager Roberto Di Matteo with a real selection dilemma.

The Italian admitted after Saturday's Wembley win that his line-up would depend on the outcome of Sunday's games, something which suggested that were a top-four finish mathematically impossible, he would make wholesale changes, with the May 19 Champions League final in mind.

But he would have been pondering whether to field his strongest possible side, one that would surely contain Mata, who is the only outfield player to have featured in all 18 of his matches at the helm.

After winning the FA Cup in his maiden season in English football on Saturday, exhaustion was the furthest thing from Mata's mind.

"I have plenty of energy left,'' said the Spain star.

"It is a long season and my first in England, but the benefits of winning easily outweigh the fatigue.''

Match
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea (4 - 1) On May 8th 2012 by Okijajuju1(m): 9:21am On May 08, 2012
I am not interested!!

Liverpool has been an utter dissapointment this season!!
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea (4 - 1) On May 8th 2012 by Jeel: 9:23am On May 08, 2012
Chelsea will pay for their sins today
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea (4 - 1) On May 8th 2012 by dyabman(m): 9:32am On May 08, 2012
Jeel: Chelsea will pay for their sins today
sins? hahaha am laughing like kenny daglish..

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea (4 - 1) On May 8th 2012 by Nairastake: 9:36am On May 08, 2012
Double beatn in 4 days won't be a bad idea...
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea (4 - 1) On May 8th 2012 by chelseabmw(m): 9:44am On May 08, 2012
Okija_juju: I am not interested!!

Liverpool has been an utter dissapointment this season!!

thank u
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea (4 - 1) On May 8th 2012 by mediainspired: 9:47am On May 08, 2012
Dis evening, Liverpool will prove Chelsea' s fluke 'win' on Saturday was a fraud. If Chelsea like, dey can win d UCL (dey can't, though) or Super Cup, wen dey meet Liverpool, dey'll always succumb in a free &fair game witout d linemen's assistance. Liverpool wil neva Chelsea get into d top 4, as punishment for dere sins on Saturday &negative football styles in d UCL. Fellow Kops, You'll Never Walk Alone

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea (4 - 1) On May 8th 2012 by chelseabmw(m): 9:51am On May 08, 2012
Jeel: Chelsea will pay for their sins today

in ur dream
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea (4 - 1) On May 8th 2012 by chelseabmw(m): 9:54am On May 08, 2012
mediainspired: Dis evening, Liverpool will prove Chelsea' s fluke 'win' on Saturday was a fraud. If Chelsea like, dey can win d UCL (dey can't, though) or Super Cup, wen dey meet Liverpool, dey'll always succumb in a free &fair game witout d linemen's assistance. Liverpool wil neva Chelsea get into d top 4, as punishment for dere sins on Saturday &negative football styles in d UCL. Fellow Kops, You'll Never Walk Alone

before the game on saturday this was how u were boosting,now u r here again ranting......let's wait till 10pm

u never walk alone,but gerrand walked out of wembley crying like a baby at the age of 31..,..SMH
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea (4 - 1) On May 8th 2012 by Godmann(m): 9:54am On May 08, 2012
As a Chelsea Fan, I want Chelsea to win. But I want to opposing camp to respect what Chelsea have achieved so far and understand that they have played too many game and will certainly be burnout for this match.

I expect them, to try in a usual Chelsea spirit, but there is a limit the spirit can go without much energy and a very important match waiting.

I expect a kind of Arsenal match b/4 the Barcelona meet.

Chelsea is ready to take any result and build up for a most important match come 19th. That is the realistic position.

If we beat Liverpool, fantastic. If we get a draw, good. If we loose not too bad.

What is important is 19th, with the limit of the players available.

3 Likes

Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea (4 - 1) On May 8th 2012 by chelseabmw(m): 10:02am On May 08, 2012
if we win,loose or draw i am not concerned...whats important is the UCL final for me

I swear we will never walk alone today grin
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea (4 - 1) On May 8th 2012 by timbros(m): 10:07am On May 08, 2012
mediainspired: Dis evening, Liverpool will prove Chelsea' s fluke 'win' on Saturday was a fraud. If Chelsea like, dey can win d UCL (dey can't, though) or Super Cup, wen dey meet Liverpool, dey'll always succumb in a free &fair game witout d linemen's assistance. Liverpool wil neva Chelsea get into d top 4, as punishment for dere sins on Saturday &negative football styles in d UCL. Fellow Kops, You'll Never Walk Alone
lol see who is talking about linesman assistance. How soon u forget Luis Garcia's 'goal' in 2005! Karma my brother, karma...
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea (4 - 1) On May 8th 2012 by wuzman(m): 10:11am On May 08, 2012
what blues has achieved?
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea (4 - 1) On May 8th 2012 by timbros(m): 10:13am On May 08, 2012
How i wish RDM will play Team B in this match. Even if we lose 10-0 and finish 6th, no wahala. Just rest the big boys for final. Who knows, losing today might be a blessing in disguise...it will spur us on to win the final and qualify for CL next season via 'defending champions'

3 Likes

Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea (4 - 1) On May 8th 2012 by EmmaB4(m): 10:37am On May 08, 2012
timbros:
lol see who is talking about linesman assistance. How soon u forget Luis Garcia's 'goal' in 2005! Karma my brother, karma...

@timbros karma brother....@mediainspired I don't care if chelsea lose 2day, but i know they are definitely goin 2 win d UCL
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea (4 - 1) On May 8th 2012 by Abeyjide: 10:52am On May 08, 2012

i dey lafff.....even kenny dalgish admitted dat d ball didnt score and here u are sayin liverpool was roobed.
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea (4 - 1) On May 8th 2012 by sicily4u: 10:53am On May 08, 2012
Noise makers, even if una manage to carry the cl, abi na only una be de first ?, shameless cheaters
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea (4 - 1) On May 8th 2012 by timbros(m): 10:56am On May 08, 2012
sicily4u: Noise makers, even if una manage to carry the cl, abi na only una be de first ?, shameless cheaters
more haters lol

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea (4 - 1) On May 8th 2012 by WhoIGoAsk: 10:57am On May 08, 2012
Blues for life
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea (4 - 1) On May 8th 2012 by sicily4u: 10:59am On May 08, 2012
timbros]
more haters lol,
hate ke, abeg go kill ur self
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea (4 - 1) On May 8th 2012 by Nobody: 11:04am On May 08, 2012
[size=20pt]Chelsea, we are the Champions![/size] Listen thus to Chel-mpions mp3

Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea (4 - 1) On May 8th 2012 by Abeyjide: 11:21am On May 08, 2012
sicily4u: Noise makers, even if una manage to carry the cl, abi na only una be de first ?, shameless cheaters

sorry o...instead of u makin urself unapy,beta join d winning team and go on wit ur life.
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea (4 - 1) On May 8th 2012 by sicily4u: 11:29am On May 08, 2012
Abeyjide:

sorry o...instead of u makin urself unapy,beta join d winning team and go on wit ur life.

Lol which winning team, are u not ashamed of ur self ?
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea (4 - 1) On May 8th 2012 by Abeyjide: 11:37am On May 08, 2012
sicily4u:

Lol which winning team, are u not ashamed of ur self ?

ok oooo... Go kiss transformer.tink dat wil be beta
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea (4 - 1) On May 8th 2012 by amosy007: 12:05pm On May 08, 2012

awww u wish..

If only wishes are horses! sad
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea (4 - 1) On May 8th 2012 by johnstar(m): 12:09pm On May 08, 2012
All u chelsea haters, 2day na 2day, we r gonna win 2night, @least liverpool 0 vs chelsea 3 wud b bettr cheesy
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea (4 - 1) On May 8th 2012 by johnstar(m): 12:19pm On May 08, 2012
Median, c ow u dey talk lyk kidsa, chelsea stil rules

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea (4 - 1) On May 8th 2012 by amosy007: 12:30pm On May 08, 2012
timbros:
the ball is not even a goal.. Even suarez that protested against it admitted it wasnt a goal.. So what d heck
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea (4 - 1) On May 8th 2012 by amosy007: 12:33pm On May 08, 2012

anothere shameless haterz on d loose cheesy cheesy grin tongue
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea (4 - 1) On May 8th 2012 by chelseabmw(m): 12:52pm On May 08, 2012
Balotelli and friends allegedly spent the night with 4 prostitutes 3 days before the Newcastle match.Mario was dropped for the match.Some senior City players are not even speaking to him.
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea (4 - 1) On May 8th 2012 by Ifemyke: 1:08pm On May 08, 2012
This will no doubt be a thriller.
Meanwhile chelsea have decided to rest Drogba and Peter Cech
for this all important match.
Read more on www.footballfile.com
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea (4 - 1) On May 8th 2012 by timbros(m): 2:13pm On May 08, 2012
sicily4u:
hate ke, abeg go kill ur self
lol sorry bro, go Unclad embrace live tranformer lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Manchester United Vs Fulham (2 - 1 ) On 28th May 2023 / Arsenal Vs AFC Wimbledon : Carabao Cup (3 - 0) On 22nd September 2021 / Liverpool Vs Brighton & Hove Albion (2 - 1) On 30th November 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.