Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,052 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:06 AM

Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? (16177 Views)

Poll: Which album is tighter?

Curicullum Vitae: 61% (33 votes)
Solar Plexus: 38% (21 votes)
This poll has ended

Poll: Has Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus lived to expectations?

Yes: 50% (8 votes)
It hasnt: 6% (1 vote)
Very poor,shit album!: 25% (4 votes)
Average album: 18% (3 votes)
This poll has ended

K-switch 'sister Caro' Was A Greater Hit Than D Solar Plexus Album Combined! / Don Jazzy's The Solar Plexus Album Was A Flop Afterall! / Download Complete Solar Plexus By Marvin Records (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by seuncyber(m): 6:06pm On May 08, 2012
Nice work take banana till U̶̲̥̅̊ go yoo,but mohit cv is better than this 100percent is only dbanji that can do judgment Τ̲̅ȍ don jazz beat

1 Like

Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 6:20pm On May 08, 2012
amosy007: am a fan of fatai rollin dollar cheesy... Buh anyone goT LINKS TO DOWNLOAD THE TRACKS?
you be solid guy

1 Like

Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by Ozonna(m): 6:20pm On May 08, 2012
For pete's sake this's a marketing strategy. Free album!!! I'm sure MAVIN crew'll be sleeping @ d studio everyday till dia individual albums r released. However, Solar plexus is good considering the fact that it was rushed. If we must criticise, let's criticise constructively

1 Like

Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by 9ja4eva: 6:23pm On May 08, 2012
The album is an A+ from me.Considering all that transpired between the Mo'hits family, i believe they came out super on the album. D'Prince surprised me sha.
Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by Nobody: 6:23pm On May 08, 2012
You don't just discard songs as thrash after listening 2 or 3 times. Music sinks into the system overtime and you'll be suprised at how you love those songs.
Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by MeGaStReEt: 6:26pm On May 08, 2012
MAVIN = Mohit Artist Versus Illuminati Niggas!

1 Like

Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by Ozonna(m): 6:32pm On May 08, 2012
Serious? Is that the meaning?

MeGaStReEt: MARVIN = Mohit Artist Versus Illuminati Niggas!
Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by Nobody: 6:41pm On May 08, 2012
Damn i dont like naija stuff, but i just listen to take banana, heheehhe, Djazzy again finishing work there, @op, take banana and jump into the lagoon

1 Like

Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by WhoIGoAsk: 6:43pm On May 08, 2012
why will you call it a flop?
Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by Tinyemeka(m): 6:55pm On May 08, 2012
Mr. Globe:
My problem is that I dont like when you guys are always associating Kanye with dbanj. Kanye has never made any committance with dbanj whatsoever. Dbanj is his own man. Enough of this kanye this kanye that. Mohits paid to sign a distribution deal with kanye which has failed and it involved both don jazzy. You guys run with everything, you ran with illuminati, now anywhere there is dbanj in nigeria there must be kanye. Kanye really messed up to bring this rubbish on his name.
Btw, the songs ve heard so far from the solar abi nepa plexus are trash! trash. Kill yourself if you think those songs are good.

Over-sabi. Go and sleep.

Show me where it says MoHits paid to sign a distribution deal with Kanye.

1 Like

Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by blackboi(m): 6:59pm On May 08, 2012
I Can't get jiggy with that shi:t! angry
Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by Ikengawo: 7:05pm On May 08, 2012
[size=15pt]BACK OFF ALL I WANNA SEE IS YOUR NYASH[b]BACK OFF ALL I WANNA SEE IS YOUR NYASH[/b]BACK OFF ALL I WANNA SEE IS YOUR NYASH[/size]
Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by Aygem(m): 7:05pm On May 08, 2012
You are very right. Na shit
sharp man: I am not a fan of any..........but truth be told..........that album is Poo.

Rushed job........nothing spectacular......boring songs..........Don Baba should have don a better job.
Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by xcapade: 7:08pm On May 08, 2012
I think the vocals are below expectation but the jazzy beats
cant be faulted.
It's a free Album and will begin to sound better with air-play.
The main test will be the individual albums from the Artistes.

'IM A MAVIN' will be a hit in da club. The beat is solid.
Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by Aygem(m): 7:09pm On May 08, 2012
Mr. Globe:
My problem is that I dont like when you guys are always associating Kanye with dbanj. Kanye has never made any committance with dbanj whatsoever. Dbanj is his own man. Enough of this kanye this kanye that. Mohits paid to sign a distribution deal with kanye which has failed and it involved both don jazzy. You guys run with everything, you ran with illuminati, now anywhere there is dbanj in nigeria there must be kanye. Kanye really messed up to bring this rubbish on his name.
Btw, the songs ve heard so far from the solar abi nepa plexus are trash! trash. Kill yourself if you think those songs are good.
Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by Aygem(m): 7:10pm On May 08, 2012
God bless you
Mr. Globe:
Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by ndidibabe(f): 7:11pm On May 08, 2012
toideve:

Are u sure ur not a fan of any?
Please ask him again. He took his time to listen to all the tracks and even pointed the flops. Did he say Don Baba? He isnt a fan, for real..
Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by Tinyemeka(m): 7:12pm On May 08, 2012
When you read excerpts of interviews that Don Jazzy and D'Banj separately gave concerning their split, you'll find matured statements coming from Don Jazzy. Words that indicate that he doesn't want to talk much and continue to dwell on the issue. Meaning he has moved on. Hence the new group and debut album.

D'Banj on the other hand, is always quick to tell the whole tale of how he blocked Kanye at an airport in Dubai, before that time how he got a house for Jazzy (in his own words "so that Don Jazzy could get a place to cook beats instead of hanging around studios"wink and a whole lot of arrant crap that shows him as an extremely arrogant person.

Well I've said much already but my point is that as far as I'm concerned, D'Banj is already dead and gone. Don Jazzy made D'Banj. He is just a clown lacking in real talent. The Oliver Twist video can attest to that (what else did he do there besides jumping up and down and sometimes standing in one spot with his hands on his waist staring at girls shaking their bums?)

Time will tell soon on who needed whom the most and who'll start running around or eventually fade into oblivion. Time'll tell.
Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by Aygem(m): 7:13pm On May 08, 2012
sharp man:

I am not a fan of any.

I was d first 2 download d whole album @ wrk....I even invited my peeps @ wrk to listen......knowing Don Jazy.....my expectations where high.

This album is nowhere near Mohits All Stars CV. I believe it is a rushed job.

Hopefully.......I'l get to like the songs as I listen more. But its far below my expectation.

you are on point brother!
Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by omi20: 7:20pm On May 08, 2012
no the album is one of the best album i have heard in years however d'banj has a chance of making it the u.s and europe . i live in england and quite a lot of my friends like his songs so goodluck to them both

1 Like

Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by Nobody: 7:21pm On May 08, 2012
Nice way to market marvin records...... At least before u can judge, u need to listen to d song,,,,,

I also remembered when iphone 4S was launched, Apple's share dropped. But when they started selling, they sold 4million in 3days
Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by Ejine(m): 7:21pm On May 08, 2012
Double post!
Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by Ejine(m): 7:21pm On May 08, 2012
Tinyemeka: When you read excerpts of interviews that Don Jazzy and D'Banj separately gave concerning their split, you'll find matured statements coming from Don Jazzy. Words that indicate that he doesn't want to talk much and continue to dwell on the issue. Meaning he has moved on. Hence the new group and debut album.

D'Banj on the other hand, is always quick to tell the whole tale of how he blocked Kanye at an airport in Dubai, before that time how he got a house for Jazzy (in his own words "so that Don Jazzy could get a place to cook beats instead of hanging around studios"wink and a whole lot of arrant crap that shows him as an extremely arrogant person.

Well I've said much already but my point is that as far as I'm concerned, D'Banj is already dead and gone. Don Jazzy made D'Banj. He is just a clown lacking in real talent. The Oliver Twist video can attest to that (what else did he do there besides jumping up and down and sometimes standing in one spot with his hands on his waist staring at girls shaking their bums?)

Time will tell soon on who needed whom the most and who'll start running around or eventually fade into oblivion. Time'll tell.

This guy stole the post I was about to type!! shocked
Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by MAssMoneIt: 7:25pm On May 08, 2012
youngmonie:

As in....im wondering wht ppl are listenning to to.............Beats ok................lyrics are just way offf it.........

[b][/b] I was wondering too because all song's seems to have similar beats which shouldn't be a sweat. Don J should had taken his time,. why rush ? The lyrics didn't fit in well with the beats. I am on no one's side !
Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by bigfat02: 7:26pm On May 08, 2012
you so sTUP ID CAPITAL LETTER -- > laSt poster LOL
Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by clip: 7:27pm On May 08, 2012
Can someone post a link to the album for general listen and assessment
Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by blank(f): 7:31pm On May 08, 2012
I like the beats for Yolo but i don't like the way it ended as if it was cut off suddenly. It has been on repeat for me. Also like Take banana. I no sabi say D'rince sabi sing sha. The guy surprise me wella.

1 Like

Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by rakumiii(m): 7:35pm On May 08, 2012
I kinda like Amarachi ........Song 12 ....cheesy
Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by blank(f): 7:35pm On May 08, 2012
Has anyone heard Amarachi? Just listened to it. That is a sure banker hit at least in the East. Say i said so.
Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 7:37pm On May 08, 2012
MeGaStReEt: MARVIN = Mohit Artist Versus Illuminati Niggas!

grin grin grin that cutz it, Don Jazzy don enter yawa be dat

1 Like

Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by tobennae(m): 7:40pm On May 08, 2012
Be objective in the review guys.
My ranking of the best songs IMO:

1. Amarachi D'PRINCE - this hook is BANGING. Lotsa Igbo speak but definitely my best so far.
2. Forever WANDE COAL - a club beat. Super. I really like.
3. I'm a MAVIN MAVINS - another club banger
4. Take Banana D'PRINCE - I coulda sworn this was D'Banj. Excellent job and a stand out by D'Prince.
5. CPR DR. SID. - this sounds like some European dance jam. Nice beats and danceable.
6. See me Ri WANDE COAL - Sounds like Duncan Mighty. Fair jam.

CONS.
I do not like the intros to all the songs by Tiwa. They shoulda given her more airplay on the album. One song is not enough.
Not feeling these songs at the moment, hopefully, they will grow on me.
1. Oma Ga - TIWA SAVAGE
2. Why you over there D'PRINCE

I give this album a 7 out of 10.
Remember that this is my personal preference.
If Michael Collins did all the beats, he is really good.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Debie Rise - Here To Stay (Video) / Who Is The Best Music Producer In Nigeria? / A Review Of "Ponmile" By Reminisce And Its Reference To Domestic Violence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.