Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,906 members, 7,806,643 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:39 PM

The Country That Sacks Over 700 DOCTORS, But Negotiates With TERRORISTS. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Country That Sacks Over 700 DOCTORS, But Negotiates With TERRORISTS. (765 Views)

Hillarious(photo): Sick Child Negotiates With Doctors Over Injection / Nigerian Troops Recapture Baga After Fierce Battle With Terrorists / Boko Haram Negotiates Cease-fire, Chibok Girls Release In S’arabia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Country That Sacks Over 700 DOCTORS, But Negotiates With TERRORISTS. by chatdare(m): 9:46pm On May 08, 2012
I think then so-called best man for the job should be called back to his sences. .
Re: The Country That Sacks Over 700 DOCTORS, But Negotiates With TERRORISTS. by onomeasike: 2:33am On May 09, 2012
I was wondering where is the right(I assume such right exists and somebody gets paid to protect the right of its citizens) of a patient to assert his human right to life particularly when his right to life is legitimately placed in the hands of a healthcare professional,in this case a person,who puts himself/herself across to the patient as a doctor,bound by a professional oath,and then swindles the patient by not only failing to meet up with the patients expectation but went on to abandon the patient right in the middle of such contractual service,without any prior notification to the patient or sufficient time for the patient to plan alternative care giver and for no choice of the patient,had his/life cut short or her pregnancy lost without his/her permission by a decietful doctor who failed to explain fully to the patient, is at the risk of having his/her treatment terminated without prior notification, at the point the contract between the patient and his/her doctor was being initiated?

Methinks,lagos state or the civil society or humanright activists or bereaved families of died patients should audit the human lives losses recorded during the strike by each of the sacked doctors,to identify those unlucky patients killed by the doctors strike for compensation of their families and eventual documentation and prosecution of only the killer doctors.The files and the records are their in each hospital and as a matter of fact is beyond the reach of the sacked doctors.Any registered doctor,ofcourse exempting the intern doctors who work under supervision of registered medical doctors,whose decision to participate in the strike and consequent abrupt termination of his professional contractual commitmment to the patient SHOULD BE FISHED OUT,INVESTIGATED AND PROSECUTED AND CONVICTED FOR CRIMES AGAINST HUMANITY.
The responsibility of the govt to protect the weak in the society is sancrosanct and overides the interest of the employer -employee relationship.
GOVT MUST NOT STOP AT SACKING THESE KILLER DOCTORS,THEY SHOULD BE QUICKLY ROUNDED UP BEFORE THEY RUN-OUT OF NIGERIA to countries where they hoped to receive better pay.
Somebody must please tell me,shouldnt Lagos state prosecute these doctors for lost lives,permanent deformity,lost pregnancies etc after sacking them,granted,they flout civil service rules,they ve also trampled on thr rights of their dead patients to life!
Re: The Country That Sacks Over 700 DOCTORS, But Negotiates With TERRORISTS. by Mynd44: 2:54am On May 09, 2012
Okay I think these doctors are going over board with these strikes and they need to negotiate more but that is just me. Lets see how this plays out in the coming days
Re: The Country That Sacks Over 700 DOCTORS, But Negotiates With TERRORISTS. by Nobody: 10:01am On May 09, 2012
Maybe the doctors need to stop playing god themselves by using patients live as gambling chips. Now the populace are turning against them. I pray they resolve the issue fast though.

(1) (Reply)

Afam4eva Now An Ex-convict? / Governor Fashola Bails NFF Out With Federation's Cup Trophy ...pics / 2015: Atiku Yet To Decide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.