Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,938 members, 7,799,182 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 04:37 PM

How To Share Internet On My Laptop Through WIFI - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Share Internet On My Laptop Through WIFI (17161 Views)

How Do I Subsribe For Mtn Internet On My Ipad? / How To Use The Sim Card Slot On My Laptop / How To Connect Blackberry To The Internet(on A Computer) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Share Internet On My Laptop Through WIFI by benzion72(m): 4:09am On May 09, 2012
Guru in the house how do i share internet on my laptop through WIFI. I learnt it is possible but i am not getting it right i am using window vista with MTN bundle Thanks
Re: How To Share Internet On My Laptop Through WIFI by micoyankee(m): 7:24am On May 09, 2012

2 Likes

Re: How To Share Internet On My Laptop Through WIFI by gvcecom: 4:38pm On May 11, 2012
benzion72: Guru in the house how do i share internet on my laptop through WIFI. I learnt it is possible but i am not getting it right i am using window vista with MTN bundle Thanks

GVCECOM.
it easy to do that...
1. if you are using a USB modem get that installed in your system.
2. move to Network connections, right click on the modem icon that is connected,a dialog box will appear
then click on the "Advanced" tab, incase you want to share with LAN just chose LAn, but if you are going to use your WIFI to share it,please ensure that, you will first of all do this before all this no.1 and 2 step will be done.ok.
open network connections of the wifi, setup e.g SSID=JesusSaves, Password type, that depend on you but, done use WEP for security reasons,then input your password,and remeber that is an ADOC network then take the step 1 and 2. When you select the WIFI or LAn card for sharing them internet,please you will notice that the card you shared it with will now have a static IP, 192.168.0.1,for XP 192.168.137.1 for Win 7. then you set to go.for the WIFI allow you friends to connect to your Network that you set early, JesusSaves. that all. note that only nine system can be connected for this, for the LAN just plug the LAN cable to your lan port of your system then the other end to a switch,so and one that plug his or her system to that switch will be using your shared internet.And Also you can as well plug that same lan Cabl;e to the WAN or INTERNET port of A wireless Router so your guy can also connect.... Have a nice day.. Any more question just feel free to ask..
God'spower. O

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Share Internet On My Laptop Through WIFI by ceedenis: 10:37am On May 12, 2012
thanks for ur info plssss on whose computer do u do all this is it the one wit the sharing or the one receiving pls make dis mor xplicit for the lesser gurus
Re: How To Share Internet On My Laptop Through WIFI by gvcecom: 7:13pm On May 16, 2012
send me your email, i will send you the step by step guide, pls specify the OS you want to configure it on,e.g win xp, win 7, bye
Re: How To Share Internet On My Laptop Through WIFI by Don4life: 7:46pm On Oct 24, 2012
gvcecom:

GVCECOM.
it easy to do that...
1. if you are using a USB modem get that installed in your system.
2. move to Network connections, right click on the modem icon that is connected,a dialog box will appear
then click on the "Advanced" tab, incase you want to share with LAN just chose LAn, but if you are going to use your WIFI to share it,please ensure that, you will first of all do this before all this no.1 and 2 step will be done.ok.
open network connections of the wifi, setup e.g SSID=JesusSaves, Password type, that depend on you but, done use WEP for security reasons,then input your password,and remeber that is an ADOC network then take the step 1 and 2. When you select the WIFI or LAn card for sharing them internet,please you will notice that the card you shared it with will now have a static IP, 192.168.0.1,for XP 192.168.137.1 for Win 7. then you set to go.for the WIFI allow you friends to connect to your Network that you set early, JesusSaves. that all. note that only nine system can be connected for this, for the LAN just plug the LAN cable to your lan port of your system then the other end to a switch,so and one that plug his or her system to that switch will be using your shared internet.And Also you can as well plug that same lan Cabl;e to the WAN or INTERNET port of A wireless Router so your guy can also connect.... Have a nice day.. Any more question just feel free to ask..
God'spower. O
didnt work for mi
Re: How To Share Internet On My Laptop Through WIFI by scantee(m): 1:24pm On Oct 25, 2012
@gvcecom
good job
Re: How To Share Internet On My Laptop Through WIFI by legalwealth(m): 5:12am On Nov 06, 2012
benzion72: Guru in the house how do i share internet on my laptop through WIFI. I learnt it is possible but i am not getting it right i am using window vista with MTN bundle Thanks

Download and use connectify

It is free.

1 Like

Re: How To Share Internet On My Laptop Through WIFI by Nobody: 11:45pm On Oct 05, 2013
legalwealth:

Download and use connectify

It is free.

connectify doesnt work

1 Like

Re: How To Share Internet On My Laptop Through WIFI by Geeksrider: 4:08am On Jul 28, 2019
Re: How To Share Internet On My Laptop Through WIFI by legalwealth(m): 7:43am On Jul 28, 2019

connectify doesnt work

It works! !!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Ten Most Common Laptop Problems And Their Solutions / Beware, Facebook Cloning Now The Order Of The Day / HP Pavilion DM4 (500gb/4gb, Corei5) UPDATED

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.