Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,932 members, 7,799,152 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 04:08 PM

Christians, Does God Answer A Muslim's Prayer? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians, Does God Answer A Muslim's Prayer? (6317 Views)

Why Doesn't God Answer Mankind Like Earthly Fathers / A Muslim Guy Rejected The New N100 Note / Does God Answer The Prayer Of Death ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christians, Does God Answer A Muslim's Prayer? by jerrymania(m): 1:13pm On Nov 16, 2007
davidylan:

They are in heaven today . . .

Please David can you show me some verse,facts or statements in the bible that claim those Mighty Men of God are in Heaven?
Re: Christians, Does God Answer A Muslim's Prayer? by cgift(m): 6:27pm On Nov 16, 2007
jerrymania:

Please David can you show me some verse,facts or statements in the bible that claim those Mighty Men of God are in Heaven?

Would you just get lost! If you want answers to that, open another thread. Seeming detractor!
Re: Christians, Does God Answer A Muslim's Prayer? by Nobody: 6:37pm On Nov 16, 2007
mdsocks:

and this is a case of you not understanding Islam before blutting out
This is a well known miracle of Prophet Muhammad(S.A.W)

Really? the problem is not how "well known" the miracle is but IF there were any witnesses besides the lies of mohammed to back this up. Who are those who saw this "splitting of the moon", where and when?
It seems very few muslims believe this fraud anyway as you rarely hear of it except when they are feverishly searching for just about anything to show that mohammed too could perform "magic" err sorry miracles.

All the miracles Jesus Christ performed where for a specific purpose . . . what was the purpose of "splitting the moon"? If it ever occured, how did the splitting of the moon heal the sick, raise the dead, free the oppressed, provide for the poor?
Re: Christians, Does God Answer A Muslim's Prayer? by Nobody: 6:52pm On Nov 16, 2007
davidylan:

Really? the problem is not how "well known" the miracle is but IF there were any witnesses besides the lies of mohammed to back this up. Who are those who saw this "splitting of the moon", where and when?
It seems very few muslims believe this fraud anyway as you rarely hear of it except when they are feverishly searching for just about anything to show that mohammed too could perform "magic" err sorry miracles.

All the miracles Jesus Christ performed where for a specific purpose . . . what was the purpose of "splitting the moon"? If it ever occured, how did the splitting of the moon heal the sick, raise the dead, free the oppressed, provide for the poor?

He thought there was a 5 year old there lipsrsealed
he already had a 6 year old
Re: Christians, Does God Answer A Muslim's Prayer? by jerrymania(m): 7:16pm On Nov 16, 2007
cgift:

Would you just get lost! If you want answers to that, open another thread. Seeming detractor!

why dont you answer it if you know. it seems you dont so the only way to cover your ignorance is to vent anger on me. The question is a rational one and not impossible to answer. and u calling me a detractor? were r ur proofs? And i wont open another thread to satisfy u.

@ davidylan

why are you escaping my question?
Re: Christians, Does God Answer A Muslim's Prayer? by Nobody: 9:03pm On Nov 16, 2007
jerrymania:

@ davidylan

why are you escaping my question?

Sir, i avoid no questions. The mighty prophets of old are in paradise. Depending on your level of spiritual understanding people do say that paradise is slightly lower than heaven and that we dont all really get to heaven until after the rapture. I tend to disagree though but God knows better.

Ever read about the translation of Enoch? Elijah never saw death but was transported to heaven in a chariot of fire.

Look at the story of Lazarus and the rich man, Jesus Christ mentions Lazarus being in the bossom of Abraham in paradise.
Re: Christians, Does God Answer A Muslim's Prayer? by jerrymania(m): 10:29pm On Nov 16, 2007
davidylan:

Sir, i avoid no questions. The mighty prophets of old are in paradise. Depending on your level of spiritual understanding people do say that paradise is slightly lower than heaven and that we don't all really get to heaven until after the rapture. I tend to disagree though but God knows better.

Ever read about the translation of Enoch? Elijah never saw death but was transported to heaven in a chariot of fire.

Look at the story of Lazarus and the rich man, Jesus Christ mentions Lazarus being in the bossom of Abraham in paradise.

Christian Reason!!!grin

what if elijah was taken to another "entire" different location? oh so you mean Elijah went to heaven when even Jesus Christ said himself "And no man hath ascended up to heaven , but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is from heaven." John 3:13 what if i just said a lie? grin

Look at the story of Lazarus and the rich man, Jesus Christ mentions Lazarus being in the bossom of Abraham in paradise
what if you just read that verse Literally grin
Re: Christians, Does God Answer A Muslim's Prayer? by Nobody: 10:35pm On Nov 16, 2007
jerrymania:

Christian Reason!!!grin

what if elijah was taken to another "entire" different location? oh so you mean Elijah went to heaven when even Jesus Christ said himself "And no man hath ascended up to heaven , but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is from heaven." John 3:13 what if i just said a lie? grin

what if you just read that verse Literally grin

that is why i indicated earlier that it all depends on your level of spiritual understanding. The story of Lazarus and the rich man seems to support the statement Jesus Christ made in John 3.13.
Remember that the rich man in hell was able to see Lazarus in the bossom of Abraham. If they were in heaven, it would have been completely impossible. The bible specifically states "paradise".

I dont know everything, i learn everyday and i will appreciate if someone more knowledgeable sheds some light on this issue.
thanks
Re: Christians, Does God Answer A Muslim's Prayer? by jerrymania(m): 10:43pm On Nov 16, 2007
davidylan:

I don't know everything, i learn everyday and i will appreciate if someone more knowledgeable sheds some light on this issue.
thanks

Good Manners now u know "And no man hath ascended up to heaven , but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is from heaven." John 3:13 is true and this The mighty prophets of old are in paradise false. right?
Re: Christians, Does God Answer A Muslim's Prayer? by jerrymania(m): 10:45pm On Nov 16, 2007
@ cgift

U still calling me a Detractor?
Re: Christians, Does God Answer A Muslim's Prayer? by Nobody: 10:46pm On Nov 16, 2007
jerrymania:

Good Manners now u know "And no man hath ascended up to heaven , but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is from heaven." John 3:13 is true and this The mighty prophets of old are in paradise false. right?

1. It is not a matter of "good manners", its is certain you asked the "question" NOT to seek for answers but trying to appear smart. There is no hide and seek with the bible. . . paradise and heaven are 2 different places. That the bible chooses to use both words uninterchangeable should be enough evidence.

2. The mighty prophets of old are in paradise. True. you can choose to hit your head on the wall, it doesnt change the truth.
Re: Christians, Does God Answer A Muslim's Prayer? by jerrymania(m): 11:02pm On Nov 16, 2007
davidylan:

1. It is not a matter of "good manners", its is certain you asked the "question" NOT to seek for answers but trying to appear smart. There is no hide and seek with the bible. . . paradise and heaven are 2 different places. That the bible chooses to use both words uninterchangeable should be enough evidence.

2. The mighty prophets of old are in paradise. True. you can choose to hit your head on the wall, it doesnt change the truth.

Another New Doctrine? ehn? the mighty prophets of old are in paradise but not heaven according to Our Lord "And no man hath ascended up to heaven , but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is from heaven." John 3:13 ,now were is paradise referred to in the scriptures,i mean in which testament, and what is it referred to? (find out more in the book of revelations, last book grin)
True. you can choose to hit your head on the wall, it doesnt change the truth
Why do you refer to what you dont understand as the truth. you gave no scriptural backing and you sounded sentimental and fanatic you choose to hit your head on the wall. So is that the truth that shapes ur life? u still havent taken breast milk still u want to walk.
Re: Christians, Does God Answer A Muslim's Prayer? by Nobody: 11:43pm On Nov 16, 2007
jerrymania:

Another New Doctrine? ehn? the mighty prophets of old are in paradise but not heaven according to Our Lord "And no man hath ascended up to heaven , but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is from heaven." John 3:13 ,now were is paradise referred to in the scriptures,i mean in which testament, and what is it referred to? (find out more in the book of revelations, last book grin)

Apparently you now see yourself as intelligent, nothing could be farther from the truth: here are just a few for people like you who don't read before making noise:
Luke 23:43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with me in paradise.

2 Corinthians 12:4 How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.

jerrymania:

Why do you refer to what you don't understand as the truth. you gave no scriptural backing and you sounded sentimental and fanatic you choose to hit your head on the wall. So is that the truth that shapes your life? u still havent taken breast milk still u want to walk

The problem is you don't even have any understanding of that which you purport to seek. Rather you continue barking on one verse and accusing others of having no scriptural backing when you havent even opened the bible yourself. Dont bother about the book of revelation, you already have problems with the gospels.
Re: Christians, Does God Answer A Muslim's Prayer? by jerrymania(m): 11:54pm On Nov 16, 2007
davidylan:

Apparently you now see yourself as intelligent, nothing could be farther from the truth: here are just a few for people like you who don't read before making noise:
Luke 23:43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with me in paradise.

2 Corinthians 12:4 How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter

Infact you are the noise maker, twisting urself up. now do you refute this still[b] "And no man hath ascended up to heaven , but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is from heaven." John 3:13[/b] God Forbid! Then what is this "paradise" you are always sounding? how is it referred to in the bible? Christian Reason!!!
Re: Christians, Does God Answer A Muslim's Prayer? by Nobody: 12:01am On Nov 17, 2007
jerrymania:

Infact you are the noise maker, twisting yourself up. now do you refute this still[b] "And no man hath ascended up to heaven , but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is from heaven." John 3:13[/b] God Forbid! Then what is this "paradise" you are always sounding? how is it referred to in the bible? Christian Reason!!!

You are not i search of the truth and that is why you will continue tripping your feet all over John 3:13.

Did you read the statement of Jesus Christ Himself as quoted in Luke 23:43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with me in paradise.? Did i put that word "paradise" in the book of Luke? Maybe you can carry John 3:13 to Christ and accuse Him of lying and misusing words on the cross.
Re: Christians, Does God Answer A Muslim's Prayer? by Nobody: 12:09am On Nov 17, 2007
It may sound crazy but Paul himself gives us a not too clear insight into the fact that there may actually be different grades of heaven of which paradise might be one. Again the bible is not very clear on this so i wont give a categorical statement. Judge for urself and the Holy Spirit guide those who are truly in search of knowledge:

Those who cling to John 3:13 and clap themselves on the back for having discovered yet another christian "trap" can continue reveling in their own delusions.

2 Corinthians 12: 2 I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knowethwink such an one caught up to the third heaven.
Re: Christians, Does God Answer A Muslim's Prayer? by jerrymania(m): 12:16am On Nov 17, 2007
davidylan:

You are not i search of the truth and that is why you will continue tripping your feet all over John 3:13.

Did you read the statement of Jesus Christ Himself as quoted in Luke 23:43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with me in paradise.? Did i put that word "paradise" in the book of Luke? Maybe you can carry John 3:13 to Christ and accuse Him of lying and misusing words on the cross.

Christian Reason!!!!
did Jesus ascend to heaven that same day? what did your bible tell you? he even resurrected (not ascend) three days later.ascension took place days after resurrection. so how could the prisoner have gone to paradise that same day of crucifixion? and Jesus,as some preachers say, went to "hell" to minister to lost souls, so he didnt ascend either. what if Jesus was affirming the prisoner that what he said today must surely come to pass?

davidylan:

It may sound crazy but Paul himself gives us a not too clear insight into the fact that there may actually be different grades of heaven of which paradise might be one. Again the bible is not very clear on this so i wont give a categorical statement. Judge for yourself and the Holy Spirit guide those who are truly in search of knowledge:

Those who cling to John 3:13 and clap themselves on the back for having discovered yet another christian "trap" can continue reveling in their own delusions.

2 Corinthians 12: 2 I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knowethwink such an one caught up to the third heaven.

I wont judge for myself. The bible is there,if it is insipred by God,it will show me what i need to know even if its by "one verse". do you know what paradise means?. why should the third heaven be paradise, where is your scriptural proof to this?
Re: Christians, Does God Answer A Muslim's Prayer? by Nobody: 12:35am On Nov 17, 2007
jerrymania:

Christian Reason!!!!
did Jesus ascend to heaven that same day? what did your bible tell you? he even resurrected (not ascend) three days later.ascension took place days after resurrection. so how could the prisoner have gone to paradise that same day of crucifixion? and Jesus,as some preachers say, went to "hell" to minister to lost souls, so he didnt ascend either. what if Jesus was affirming the prisoner that what he said today must surely come to pass?

That is where you shoot yourself in the foot. You cry "christian reason" and yet all the best you can come up with is "human reasoning" that does not even fall within acceptable boundaries of human intelligence.
- I will not belabour the issue. It has been proven on this threads so many times over that i will assume you have seen them and if you as is usual with hypocrites and unbelievers pretend never to have seen them, you can be rest assured i will not cast my pearls before swine by attempting to "prove" anything to you.

1. Jesus Christ IS GOD! Please read the book of John
2. We all cry about God being omnipresent and omniscient . . . it stands to reason that He could have been on the cross and at the same time in paradise. By "human reasoning", Christ could not have been in "paradise" since the ascension did not take place until well after the resurrection:
- Christ died the same night as the theif on the cross . . . could He not then have been in paradise with the thief that same night?
- If God is omnipresent (Indeed He is) then He could be on earth and at the same time in paradise, again fulfilling His promise to the thief on the cross.

Where then is your confusion?

jerrymania:

I wont judge for myself. The bible is there,if it is insipred by God,it will show me what i need to know even if its by "one verse". do you know what paradise means?. why should the third heaven be paradise, where is your scriptural proof to this?

No sir, the bible indeed is inspired by God . . . 1 Timothy 3:16. The bible indeed will show you what you need to know even if it is one word from one verse.
BUT the bible is meaningless gibberish to the unsaved, the lost and those who do not have the Holy Spirit in them to lead and guide. For . . .  the letter (which you gloat over) killeth but the spirit, it giveth life.
The essence of the bible can never be understood by applying academic knowledge to it. At best you are just groping in darkness, grasping for straws and inconsistencies where there are none.

You demand "scriptural proof" and yet you have no understanding of those very scriptures. It is just like a child demanding "scientific proof" that indeed oxygen is a gas when he has no literate understanding of chemistry.

Enjoy gloating in the dark for well hath the scriptures spoken of people like you Matthew 13:14 And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:
Re: Christians, Does God Answer A Muslim's Prayer? by jerrymania(m): 12:50am On Nov 17, 2007
Hey u just slapped your very own mouth.

I don't need to write much like u do,so as to delude fellow Nlanders into believing your self acclaimed belief which is entirely urs and your own creation. This is entirely a new doctrine i'm seeing. You are pissing me off. you are just another sick fanatic. now i wonder your frequent bashing of  muslims.
Who did Jesus comit his spirit to if he was "ALMIGHTY GOD" "And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hand[/b]s i commend [b]my spirit"-----------Luke 23:46a "and having said thus, he gave up the ghost", so 'GOD' gave up the ghost? fool!
Re: Christians, Does God Answer A Muslim's Prayer? by jerrymania(m): 12:56am On Nov 17, 2007
davidylan:

. You cry "christian reason" and yet all the best you can come up with is "human reasoning" that does not even fall within acceptable boundaries of human intelligence.
-

But you dont even reason at all, methinks.
Re: Christians, Does God Answer A Muslim's Prayer? by Nobody: 1:00am On Nov 17, 2007
jerrymania:

Hey u just slapped your very own mouth.

I don't need to write much like u do,so as to delude fellow Nlanders into believing your self acclaimed belief which is entirely urs and your own creation. This is entirely a new doctrine i'm seeing. You are pissing me off. you are just another sick fanatic. now i wonder your frequent bashing of muslims.
Who did Jesus comit his spirit to if he was "ALMIGHTY GOD" "And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands i commend my spirit"-----------Luke 23:46a "and having said thus, he gave up the ghost", so 'GOD' gave up the ghost? fool!

That is the beauty of christianity. You are allowed the freedom of choice. . . to read the bible and form your own oppinion based on the interpretation of the Holy Spirit or your carnal, unsaved soul.
You dont have the basic understanding of the scriptures so your cries of "this is entirely a new doctrine" is hogwash at best. Start from trying to understand the pslams before jumping to read the book of John. We all started from psalm 23 too.

Back to addressing your penchant of just quoting scriptures and interpreting them based on your poor level of comprehension . . . The same Jesus Christ who made the statement "Father into thy hands i commend my Spirit . . ." was the very same one who made the following statements:

John 14:8 Philip saith unto him, Lord, show us the Father, and it sufficeth us.

John 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?

Care to explain what Jesus Christ was trying to convey in John 14 to us o thou man of immense "reasoning"?
Re: Christians, Does God Answer A Muslim's Prayer? by olabowale(m): 1:11am On Nov 17, 2007
@Pligrim.1: Today's post from David, at 12;16;45 am, Jesus was proclaimed as God! Therefore, you have God the father (1st God). Jesus the son and messiah of Israel and son of man as prophet, is God (2nd God). Will somebody provide the third God, maybe in the Holy ghost, which bears witness along with the two above and then came on earth after Jesus had left? Am just giving my dearest sister, a very vivid picture of what is murky , to her yet.

David. You concort the biggest fantasies. You have a show on the strip in Las Vegas? The Mirage or any of those places are looking for crowd drawing shows. Maybe, you need to be in downtown. thats where you can get the ordinary folks. Wow.

David, the pot calling the kettle black! You are making things up as you go along. Yes it is freedom of choice. The choice to go to hell fire by reading the Book upside down. Especially after its been worded and in time a different meaning emerges. thats what you have in the Bible today. Truly a freedom of choice. You think you can plead this freedom of choice with God, in the day of Judgement? David, check yourself, before you wreck yourself!
Re: Christians, Does God Answer A Muslim's Prayer? by jerrymania(m): 1:12am On Nov 17, 2007
davidylan:

That is the beauty of christianity. You are allowed the freedom of choice. . . to read the bible and form your own oppinion based on the interpretation of the Holy Spirit or your carnal, unsaved soul.
You don't have the basic understanding of the scriptures so your cries of "this is entirely a new doctrine" is hogwash at best. Start from trying to understand the pslams before jumping to read the book of John. We all started from psalm 23 too.

Back to addressing your penchant of just quoting scriptures and interpreting them based on your poor level of comprehension . . . The same Jesus Christ who made the statement "Father into thy hands i commend my Spirit . . ." was the very same one who made the following statements:

John 14:8 Philip saith unto him, Lord, show us the Father, and it sufficeth us.

John 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?

Care to explain what Jesus Christ was trying to convey in John 14 to us o thou man of immense "reasoning"?

but do you also have the basic understanding of the scriptures? if you had basic understanding you would know that "No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him"John 1:18. if you were on the earth in the New Testament and you had to see and know God, who would it be, Jesus Christ. why? now use ur dumb brain or the holy spirit to know why. Post after post you are gradually showing the hogwash that you are.
Re: Christians, Does God Answer A Muslim's Prayer? by Nobody: 1:18am On Nov 17, 2007
Sir Olabowale . . . you wont understand the bible were it to be taught as a subject in secondary school.  grin

Right from when i was 10yrs old or younger i have been able to understand one fact . . . there are no 3 God's anywhere but 1 God operating in the offices of God the Father (Jehovah in the old testament), Jesus Christ (God with us who shed His blood on the cross) and the Holy Ghost (God IN us).

Sir . . . even if you shout more loudly than this you cant change the unshakeable word of the Father who hath made all things beautiful in His time. For he saith:

1 Corinthians 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
1 Corinthians 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
Re: Christians, Does God Answer A Muslim's Prayer? by jerrymania(m): 1:27am On Nov 17, 2007
davidylan:

1 Corinthians 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
1 Corinthians 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Why u using Sir as if you are polite? holy spirit carrier?

It amazes me how you've got a great arsenal of verses to defend yourself when you run out of steam. You've proven to me you know nothing at all and i was respecting your opinions all the while. Your best bet is with the Muslims, keep on bashing them. i'm out tongue
Re: Christians, Does God Answer A Muslim's Prayer? by Nobody: 1:31am On Nov 17, 2007
jerrymania:

but do you also have the basic understanding of the scriptures? if you had basic understanding you would know that "No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him"John 1:18. if you were on the earth in the New Testament and you had to see and know God, who would it be, Jesus Christ. why? now use your dumb brain or the holy spirit to know why. Post after post you are gradually showing the hogwash that you are.

lol you quote the scriptures and then promptly use your human reasoning to rationalise things that can only be discerned by the Spirit.

1  Corinthians 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

When you talk about "basic understanding" are you refering to the understanding that 2 + 2 = 4?
Sorry sir - Isaiah 55: 8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.
  9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Back to the verse that makes you stumble; Indeed NO man hath seen the Lord . . .  1 Timothy 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Take a good look at what Paul infers in that verse in 1 Timothy . . . he categorically confirms that Jesus Christ indeed was and is GOD only manifesting in human flesh. God in all His glory cannot die, He needed to become like me and you, to be hungry like you and i, to feel pain, to suffer thirst just like you and me and to finally shed His blood on the cross that you and me may have eternal life.

Yes no man hath seen the Lord but we shall see Him one day when He comes on the wings of the clouds to take us home. Remember the visit of the 3 angels to Abraham? No man hath never seen angels but Abraham could correctly discern that he had been visited by angels in human form.
Re: Christians, Does God Answer A Muslim's Prayer? by Nobody: 1:37am On Nov 17, 2007
jerrymania:

Why u using Sir as if you are polite? holy spirit carrier?

It amazes me how you've got a great arsenal of verses to defend yourself when you run out of steam. You've proven to me you know nothing at all and i was respecting your opinions all the while. Your best bet is with the Muslims, keep on bashing them. i'm out tongue

lol
first i use the sir to address olabowale and not you. He understands why i use it. Best bet is to NOT talk about things for which you remain clueless about. I would never use sir for someone like you. You dont deserve the respect.

- Run out of steam? lol far be it! Rather than using that as a cop out why dont you say you've run out of verses to quote out of context? grin I dont use the words of Christ as an escape route, infact if you have ever read the book of Ephesians you would have seen this very verse . . . Ephesians 6:11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

The most powerful weapon in that armour is . . . 17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: Try and do some bible reading before jumping to cry about "christian reasoning".

Keep running like the unintelligent coward you've just shown urself to be.
Re: Christians, Does God Answer A Muslim's Prayer? by jerrymania(m): 1:40am On Nov 17, 2007
davidylan:

lol you quote the scriptures and then promptly use your human reasoning to rationalise things that can only be discerned by the Spirit.

1  Corinthians 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

When you talk about "basic understanding" are you refering to the understanding that 2 + 2 = 4?
Sorry sir - Isaiah 55: 8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.
  9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Back to the verse that makes you stumble; Indeed NO man hath seen the Lord . . .  1 Timothy 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Take a good look at what Paul infers in that verse in 1 Timothy . . . he categorically confirms that Jesus Christ indeed was and is GOD only manifesting in human flesh. God in all His glory cannot die, He needed to become like me and you, to be hungry like you and i, to feel pain, to suffer thirst just like you and me and to finally shed His blood on the cross that you and me may have eternal life.

Yes no man hath seen the Lord but we shall see Him one day when He comes on the wings of the clouds to take us home. Remember the visit of the 3 angels to Abraham? No man hath never seen angels but Abraham could correctly discern that he had been visited by angels in human form.

God, i wanted to go to sleep.

I was begining to believe you tongue tongue but now you sure do stink to me. So who did Lot see? chickens? Gideon? frog? John? leprechauns? Gudnite! tongue
Re: Christians, Does God Answer A Muslim's Prayer? by Nobody: 1:48am On Nov 17, 2007
jerrymania:

God, i wanted to go to sleep.

I was begining to believe you tongue tongue but now you sure do stink to me. So who did Lot see? chickens? Gideon? frog? John? leprechauns? Gudnite! tongue

you dont argue like someone in search of the truth . . . rather you nitpick only those things that appear as weapons you can use to prove that indeed "i know nothing". grin I have encountered trolls like you one too many times on this thread and i dont give you the benefit of decieving urselves that you actually have anything upstairs.

Go back and read that very story of Lot that you so readily quote while pretending to be sleepy. Those angels did not appear to Lot in angelic form.
why then were the people of Soddom and Gomorrah demanding for them to be brought out to them for sex?
You think if the people of Soddom actually saw an angel they would be knocking on Lot's door asking for them?

lol jerry . . . cgift was right about you. grin
Re: Christians, Does God Answer A Muslim's Prayer? by olabowale(m): 1:54am On Nov 17, 2007
@Davidylan: Why would God have to be like you and me? He did not know the qualitative conditions that He had subjected man to, when He created man? Wow. No wonder your God is different from my God. Yours have to experience all these human frilities, in order to be justice or merciful.

My God is different and completely above all the subjective conditions of His creation, including Jinn and man! Yet He is capable of forgiving by giving unmitigated Mercy. And He will punish, if He will, whoever of His creation that He wishes to punish, if they disobey His commands.

Yet He allows a wayout, a process of reevaluations and then charting the part to correct past mistakes and seeking mercies and forgiveness. My Lord Allah loves His creation to return or turn back from destructive ways into a path which leads to success.

Have you ever heard of any King that turns himself to suffer like any of his subjects/ slaves, in order that he may be a just king? Thats just between mankind. How do you think The Creator will turn Himself to go through the same filth that His creation, goes through, in order to be just? He Himself is mercy and He Himself is Justice. If He decides to be merciful towards any evil creation, man, who on earth or in heavens, can ask Him or challenge His decision? He is the True Giver of all things. He hold sway over all things!

Who can challenge Him and why would He have to go through human difficulties to be merciful?
Re: Christians, Does God Answer A Muslim's Prayer? by Nobody: 2:08am On Nov 17, 2007
olabowale:

@Davidylan: Why would God have to be like you and me? He did not know the qualitative conditions that He had subjected man to, when He created man? Wow. No wonder your God is different from my God. Yours have to experience all these human frilities, in order to be justice or merciful.

John 15:13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
Sir, you are right that your god is different from my God. The big difference is in His undying love for us His children. Your own god does not have such a capacity to love you . . . no wonder while my God sees me as His precious son yours sees you as a mere slave.

olabowale:

My God is different and completely above all the subjective conditions of His creation, including Jinn and man! Yet He is capable of forgiving by giving unmitigated Mercy. And He will punish, if He will, whoever of His creation that He wishes to punish, if they disobey His commands.

Is it any wonder that you all claim to pray and yet your god never seems to be answering? Perhaps he is so completely above you his slaves that he does not even bother to hear you when you speak.

olabowale:

Who can challenge Him and why would He have to go through human difficulties to be merciful?

God is not just a God of mercy but He is the very embodiment of love. The very trait that your own god is clearly incapable of showing.
Re: Christians, Does God Answer A Muslim's Prayer? by olabowale(m): 2:22am On Nov 17, 2007
@davidylan: What is so interesting about you christians, really is that you will quote, corinthian, timothy, and the likes, to explain in unexplainable. Supporting your argument with very porous concept.

I am glad that I am not you. As a child, I knew with all my heart that God did not walk among men, in any form! And as i grew older and up to the time i had the time as a senior student, in high school, I became strongly convinced that Jesus was never how the christians made him up. I am glad that my mother is out of that bind bending crowd. It is the first step in recovering the people I love from certain peril. InshaAllah, you and others are on the way to recovery.

When you talk about Jesus, you can use the Gospel he preached about the places, in those three years of his ministry! You always result to using the, 'according tos,' and disgustingly Paul. David, o po ju yen loo now.

Give me real stuffs and stop this swiss cheese on bagel. they all have a resemblance of donuts. You see through it and its shameful

The man who laid down his life, if he is sincere should not have yelled, ' my Lord, my Lord, why has thou forsaken me?' Please tell me, if he is God or Lord, why was he addressing himself in that quote just now? I will make it clear to you again: Why will God be saying, 'my God, my God, why has thou forsakene?' The question is this, was he talking to himself or what?

david you know better, those who talk to themselves are considered dellusional, deranged or crazy. God can never be subjected to that kind of convoluted situation. never.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Winners' Chapel Kick Off Their Annual 21 Days Of Fasting And Prayer / Months After Becoming A Christian, Pretty Saudi Woman Marries In Church / India Has The Highest Conversion Rate To Christianity In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 154
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.