Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,785 members, 7,802,459 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:46 PM

Next Time You See Someone Speaking In Tongues In Church, Slap Them - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Next Time You See Someone Speaking In Tongues In Church, Slap Them (9997 Views)

Still A Christian? When Was The Last Time You Did Any Of These? / If Your Fellowship Holds These Teachings, Then It's Time You Moved On / Speaking In Tongues: What's That All About? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Next Time You See Someone Speaking In Tongues In Church, Slap Them by Goshen360(m): 3:30am On May 12, 2012
lolz grin grin grin I told you you earlier that there is a gospel by REVELATION. I am NOT teaching here with those verses but preaching or sharing revelation in/of the gospel. When am teaching, I will interpret as it is. However, my revelation MUST NOT and WILL NOT contradict scriptures.

Now to Him who is able to establish you according to my gospel and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery kept secret since the world began Romans 16:25 nkjv

Wait let me share the revelation with you now from those verses. Okay. I will pull it up to you now.
Re: Next Time You See Someone Speaking In Tongues In Church, Slap Them by buzugee(m): 3:42am On May 12, 2012
Goshen360: lolz grin grin grin I told you you earlier that there is a gospel by REVELATION. I am NOT teaching here with those verses but preaching or sharing revelation in/of the gospel. When am teaching, I will interpret as it is. However, my revelation MUST NOT and WILL NOT contradict scriptures.

Now to Him who is able to establish you according to my gospel and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery kept secret since the world began Romans 16:25 nkjv

Wait let me share the revelation with you now from those verses. Okay. I will pull it up to you now.
ahhh so those verses are revelations undecided you watching the grizzlies and clippers game by any chance ?
Re: Next Time You See Someone Speaking In Tongues In Church, Slap Them by Goshen360(m): 4:04am On May 12, 2012
Goshen360: Let me help you with another nugget to decode that Gen 1:2 and Luke 5:4 I gave you before. Here is another tips to decode that one.

Gen 1:1
In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. kjv

Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. John 1:1 nkjv

CAN YOU MAKE ANYTHING OUT OF THESE VERSES STILL?

Now, this is the first decoding and revelation.

In the beginning, there was God (Yahweh), there is also in the beginning God (Jesus Christ). The book of Colossians 1:16 says,

"For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him".

In Genesis, there are SOME great words that He (Christ) that was "in the beginning" AND the Hebrew Patriarchs understood very well. Those words are: CREATE, FORM, MADE AND DEEP. (At least, let's limit it to these four words only for the purpose of just this exposition)

First, to create is to make something exist OUT OF NOTHING and ONLY God is the subject of creation meaning, ONLY God can create. To form and make is to make something exist from WHAT ALREADY EXISTED. God formed/made man OUT OF the dust of the ground meaning dust of the ground already existed. God formed/made Eve OUT OF Adam, meaning Adam already existed. God did not create Eve from Adam. God did not create Adam from dust of the ground. Hence, man can form or make BUT man cannot CREATE. Are you getting it? lolz.

David, the Patriarch understood this mystery and KNOWS that ONLY God can CREATE and ONLY God is the SUBJECT of creation, when he prayed, he said, "CREATE in me a clean heart...".

Hey! This is a revelation to answered prayers. When you needed something from God and needed to touch the very heart of God, you need to remind God the subject of "in the beginning". You need to remind God of the same power with which He "created" the heavens and the earth. You need to ask God to do the same thing He did "in the beginning" for you. You need to ASK God to "CREATE" for you....meaning God to do what no man can do as ONLY GOD IS THE SUBJECT OF CREATION. So David was saying to God, "do for me what you did in the beginning" that no man can do. David, other Patriarchs and Jesus (that was in the beginning) understood these mysteries of/from the beginning and they tapped into the same mystery to shape their life, living and future.

I will share the other revelation maybe tomorrow. It's the same key to decode the Gen 1:2; Gen 49:25 and Luke 5:4. You can give it a shot now. I have to go to bed now. It's "sleep o'clock". Enjoy bro, till tomorrow.
Re: Next Time You See Someone Speaking In Tongues In Church, Slap Them by Goshen360(m): 4:14am On May 12, 2012
buzugee: ahhh so those verses are revelations undecided you watching the grizzlies and clippers game by any chance ?

lolz. grin grin I have just shown you things that was "buried" in those verses. When God reveal them to you, then it's called or known as revelation bro. However, you need to spend time with the Holy Spirit and also build some library to be revealed to because the Spirit searches all things, even the deep thing things of God. I will share with you, if you don't mind some study materials that might also be of help to you for indepth exposition of the word of God.

But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. 1 Cor. 2:10 kjv
Re: Next Time You See Someone Speaking In Tongues In Church, Slap Them by Goshen360(m): 4:17am On May 12, 2012
G'night bro. God bless you.
Re: Next Time You See Someone Speaking In Tongues In Church, Slap Them by buzugee(m): 4:20am On May 12, 2012
make you go sleep chief Goshen. be like say you need that sleep more than me. we go jam tomorrow and then you can explain what you just posted grin
Re: Next Time You See Someone Speaking In Tongues In Church, Slap Them by ijawkid(m): 10:06am On May 12, 2012
Goshen and buzugee ona go interprete bible so tay holy spirit go arrest ona enter prison..lol

@goshen.....so do u still pray/speak in tongues there in america
Make them no gather u beat o...lol

@buzugee....stop drinking baileys...its bad for ya health.....lol
Re: Next Time You See Someone Speaking In Tongues In Church, Slap Them by Goshen360(m): 2:16pm On May 12, 2012
ijawkid: Goshen and buzugee ona go interprete bible so tay holy spirit go arrest ona enter prison..lol

Whatever you cannot preach everywhere anywhere IS NOT THE GOSPEL. lolz grin
Re: Next Time You See Someone Speaking In Tongues In Church, Slap Them by buzugee(m): 5:12pm On May 12, 2012
ijawkid: Goshen and buzugee ona go interprete bible so tay holy spirit go arrest ona enter prison..lol

@buzugee....stop drinking baileys...its bad for ya health.....lol
grin grin grin grin ijawkid my brethren how body my brother. i get hangover no be small sef cry
Re: Next Time You See Someone Speaking In Tongues In Church, Slap Them by buzugee(m): 5:23pm On May 12, 2012
Goshen360:

Now, this is the first decoding and revelation.

In the beginning, there was God (Yahweh), there is also in the beginning God (Jesus Christ). The book of Colossians 1:16 says,

"For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him".

In Genesis, there are SOME great words that He (Christ) that was "in the beginning" AND the Hebrew Patriarchs understood very well. Those words are: CREATE, FORM, MADE AND DEEP. (At least, let's limit it to these four words only for the purpose of just this exposition)

First, to create is to make something exist OUT OF NOTHING and ONLY God is the subject of creation meaning, ONLY God can create. To form and make is to make something exist from WHAT ALREADY EXISTED. God formed/made man OUT OF the dust of the ground meaning dust of the ground already existed. God formed/made Eve OUT OF Adam, meaning Adam already existed. God did not create Eve from Adam. God did not create Adam from dust of the ground. Hence, man can form or make BUT man cannot CREATE. Are you getting it? lolz.

David, the Patriarch understood this mystery and KNOWS that ONLY God can CREATE and ONLY God is the SUBJECT of creation, when he prayed, he said, "CREATE in me a clean heart...".

Hey! This is a revelation to answered prayers. When you needed something from God and needed to touch the very heart of God, you need to remind God the subject of "in the beginning". You need to remind God of the same power with which He "created" the heavens and the earth. You need to ask God to do the same thing He did "in the beginning" for you. You need to ASK God to "CREATE" for you....meaning God to do what no man can do as ONLY GOD IS THE SUBJECT OF CREATION. So David was saying to God, "do for me what you did in the beginning" that no man can do. David, other Patriarchs and Jesus (that was in the beginning) understood these mysteries of/from the beginning and they tapped into the same mystery to shape their life, living and future.

I will share the other revelation maybe tomorrow. It's the same key to decode the Gen 1:2; Gen 49:25 and Luke 5:4. You can give it a shot now. I have to go to bed now. It's "sleep o'clock". Enjoy bro, till tomorrow.

i cant make head or tail of this post chief Goshen. be like say you throw in extra jara on top LOL
Re: Next Time You See Someone Speaking In Tongues In Church, Slap Them by ijawkid(m): 6:14pm On May 12, 2012
Goodluck and our politricksians too dey speak in tongues too o...

I wonder how them take they speak am sef...

Hmmmm!!!!m

@buzugee....yoÙr eye don cleÀr now??

Or make I bring water Çome?
Re: Next Time You See Someone Speaking In Tongues In Church, Slap Them by buzugee(m): 6:56pm On May 12, 2012
ijawkid: Goodluck and our politricksians too dey speak in tongues too o...

I wonder how them take they speak am sef...

Hmmmm!!!!m

@buzugee....yoÙr eye don cleÀr now??

Or make I bring water Çome?
grin grin e done clear well well. you right though. i need to stop drinking altogether. not like i drink all the time though. just weekends. you drink ? shekpe and manya and ogogoro ?
Re: Next Time You See Someone Speaking In Tongues In Church, Slap Them by ijawkid(m): 7:20pm On May 12, 2012
buzugee: grin grin e done clear well well. you right though. i need to stop drinking altogether. not like i drink all the time though. just weekends. you drink ? shekpe and manya and ogogoro ?

Shekpe?

Them dey sell am abroad

No go commit crime after some shots ooo...
Hehehehehe
Re: Next Time You See Someone Speaking In Tongues In Church, Slap Them by buzugee(m): 7:36pm On May 12, 2012
ijawkid:

Shekpe?

Them dey sell am abroad

No go commit crime after some shots ooo...
Hehehehehe
grin grin grin grin dunno what shekpe is myself. all i know is the name sounds very funny and i have heard a lot of people mention it on nairaland. the names i am personally familiar with are ogogoro and palmy
Re: Next Time You See Someone Speaking In Tongues In Church, Slap Them by Goshen360(m): 8:50pm On May 13, 2012
buzugee: i cant make head or tail of this post chief Goshen. be like say you throw in extra jara on top LOL

Goshen360:

OK NOW, TO HELP YOU A LITTLE WITH WHAT CHRIST WAS SAYING TO SIMEON PETER, ADD THIS VERSE

Even by the God of thy father, who shall help thee; and by the Almighty, who shall bless thee with blessings of heaven above, blessings of the [size=15pt]deep[/size] that lieth under, blessings of the breasts, and of the womb: Gen 49:25 kjv

CAN YOU GET SOMETHING OUT OF IT STILL?

Buzugee, And you think Jacob was "SPEAKING/PRAYING IN TONGUES" when he was blessing Joseph by the revelation of those words? grin grin grin
Re: Next Time You See Someone Speaking In Tongues In Church, Slap Them by buzugee(m): 9:27pm On May 13, 2012
Goshen360:

Buzugee, And you think Jacob was "SPEAKING/PRAYING IN TONGUES" when he was blessing Joseph by the revelation of those words? grin grin grin
well if he was blessing jacob, and if jacob is to be edified, then he has to speak in a known language. right ? undecided
Re: Next Time You See Someone Speaking In Tongues In Church, Slap Them by charisel(m): 1:24am On May 14, 2012
buzugee: ok here are the rules for speaking in tongues and if they are flouted, you know your church is a den of iniquity ( as they all are anyway lol )

1-there cannot be more than 3 people speaking in tongues at the same time and they must take turns. if your whole church bursts into speaking in tongues, during their self induced pseudo-euphoria, sneak to the collection plate and pocket all the money and run out

2-there must be an interpreter. if someone speaks some gibberish that cannot be interpreted, be sure to pull out your leather belt and commit to whooping their butt in the church ( hopefully they are smaller than you and you can take them should they decide to start fighting back )

1 corinthians 14 vs 27[b] if anyone speaks in a tongue, it should be by two or at the most three, and each in turn, and one must interpret;[/b]

I SAY ALL OF THE ABOVE TO SAY THAT ISRAEL WAS SCATTERED INTO THE FOUR CORNERS OF THE EARTH FOR A LONG TIME SO THAT YOU HAD ISRAELITES OF DIFFERENT CITIZENSHIP. JUST LIKE WE HAVE NIGERIANS WITH AMERICAN AND BRITISH AND ITALIAN AND RUSSIAN CITIZENSHIP WHO HAVE NEVER EVER BEING TO NIGERIA BEFORE. THE ISRAELITES WERE ENSLAVED ALL OVER THE WORLD. EVEN PAUL HIMSELF WAS AN ISRAELITE OF ROMAN CITIZENSHIP. HOWEVER AT THIS POINT IN TIME, THE BONDAGE WASNT SO SEVERE THAT THEY COULDNT ALL MEET TOGETHER IN JERUSALEM OR SOME OTHER PLACES FOR THE FEAST OF TABERNACLE OR THE PASSOVER OR THE FEAST OF UNLEAVENED BREAD. WHEN THEY ALL GATHER TOGETHER, THERE ARE ISRAELITES WHO SPEAK DIFFERENT TONGUES BECAUSE OF THE DIFFERENT PLACES THEY WERE BORN. YOU HAD ISRAELITES WITH GREEK TONGUE, ROMAN TONGUE, ASSYRIAN, EGYPTIAN, BABYLONIAN, PERSIAN, ETC. THEY ALL SPOKE DIFFERENT LANGUAGES. DIFFERENT TONGUES. SO WHEN THEY GOT TOGETHER THEY ALL SPOKE IN TONGUES AND THEY MADE SURE THERE WERE INTERPRETERS WHO COULD INTERPRET THESE DIFFERENT TONGUES AND THEY MADE SURE THEY SPOKE ONE AT A TIME AND THEN THE INTERPRETER WILL INTERPRET. THIS IS WHAT IS KNOWN AS TONGUES NOT THAT SHABLABABABABABABABA SHOOROGOGOGOG AMBBLABABABABABABA THAT YALL CRAZY FOLKS DO AFTER MISINTERPRETING THE BIBLE AND LITERALLY READING IT angry

@buzugee... You are absolutely out of point and ignorant of the scriptures. Go and study the book of Acts.
Re: Next Time You See Someone Speaking In Tongues In Church, Slap Them by charisel(m): 1:30am On May 14, 2012
buzugee: hmmm what prophesy ? cheesy i believe i will need some help here from the elder statesmen of the forum as i cant see no prophesy. Goshen abeg helep ya brother here. am i missing something

Bros, study 1cor 14. Read it for yourself. Study the chapter contextually.
Chariseltha@gmail.com
Re: Next Time You See Someone Speaking In Tongues In Church, Slap Them by mollie12: 4:14am On May 14, 2012
ijawkid: @joe...so when people pray in tongues that's when we hear those in-cohorent words ba??

But when speaking in tongues takes place it has to be a known language that might need an interpretation in case some persons don't understand d language been spoken??

Is that what u guys are saying

So in a congregation everybody can pray in tongues is that what u mean my brother??

To what end??
To benefit who

Please read this part of 1 corinthians 14:22...

Tongues are for a sign to unbelievers....

That ability to speak in various tongues was given to early christians for d sole purpose of spreading d kingdom news to many who needed to hear it in there own native dialect or language...

Even @ that in 1 corinthians 13:8-13 paul tells us that those powers will cease when they must have accomplished its purpose...
And ceased it did!!!

D early fledgling church needed these power to speak in tongues so as to spread d message as far as they could to the most distant part of d earth...how could they have accomplished this from Jerusalem if not for d gift of speaking in tongues

With a complete bible existing in almost all d languages existing in d world,with all prophetic words written down for us in d bible ,what more do we need

Do u still need to speak in tongues?
Imagine speaking to a cong where evrybody understands english or pidgin english and then u still insist on speaking in tongues,would it make any sense?

D apostles fulfilled and accomplished there ministry wit those gifts,what are recent professed christians accomplishing with there's

Paul told us what will remain when all those powers are ceased...LOVE!!!!!

In a country like nigeria where love has gone down d drain,but many claim to speak in tongues will really tell u that the power to speak in tongues has indeed vanished...

I judge a genuine christian not by tongues speaking but by how much d individual shows self sacrificing love....

Tongues tongues tongues but nobody is ever benefiting from it.....
Neither d speaker nor d unbeliever...

Of what use is it then?

Mehn, nigerians would never cease to amaze me. How someone has managed to link the situation of the country to speaking in tongues - in short bro I hail oh!

So 1 Corinthians 13:8 says tongues should have ceased bah? Why didn't you also say knowledge should have ceased - there won't have been any need for you to attend any educational institution, abi?

First things first for everyone commenting on this thread, in all your doings (and sayings)remember reverence to God. Our Lord Jesus Christ made it clear that the unforgivable sin is that against the Holy Spirit, and the gift of tongues is unarguably a gift of the Holy Spirit.

It does not matter your personal experiences with people professing to have this gift or using the gift in a way you don't understand it. That you don't understand the gift of tongues does not make it abnormal or demonic. PLEASE LET'S GET THAT STRAIGHT. The deciding factor as to whether a spiritual manifestation is of God or the devil is the word of God, and not your personal opinion.

So what does the word of God say?

The popular scripture on speaking in tongues reads thus:

Act 2:1 And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.
Act 2:2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.
Act 2:3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.
Act 2:4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.
Act 2:5 And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven.
Act 2:6 Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language.
Act 2:7 And they were all amazed and marvelled, saying one to another, Behold, are not all these which speak Galilaeans?
Act 2:8 And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born?
Act 2:9 Parthians, and Medes, and Elamites, and the dwellers in Mesopotamia, and in Judaea, and Cappadocia, in Pontus, and Asia,
Act 2:10 Phrygia, and Pamphylia, in Egypt, and in the parts of Libya about Cyrene, and strangers of Rome, Jews and proselytes,
Act 2:11 Cretes and Arabians, we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God.

What is mostly overlooked in the above passage are the telling portions of verse 6 and verse 8. The visiting Jews from every nation heard them speak in each of them's individual language, and they marvelled that (THIS IS THE IMPORTANT PART - vs cool every man spoke in their language! They were also able to hear distinctly the message that was being spoken in their individual languages, the wonderful works of God (vs 11). Now if you look at the previous chapter (Acts 1) you would realize that the total number of people speaking "in tongues" at this event was 120. Judge for yourself, if you were in a market place of 120 or even less persons and they were all speaking different languages at the same time, would you be able to pick out what language was being spoken, talk less of the message that was passed across?

This is the mystery of the gift of tongues that most people don't realize - the message was HEARD in their languages, not necessarily SPOKEN in their languages. It is a truly unique gift by God to pass a message directly unto another - someone may be speaking in tongues and hearing themselves say "potopatapata", but the person who God intends to hear the message being passed across will hear that message IN HIS OWN LANGUAGE.

This is the same pattern that the other eight gifts of the Spirit (word of wisdom, word of knowledge, faith, healing, prophecy, interpretation of tongues, discerning of spirits and working of miracles) are ministered - God directs the flow of ministration, and God gets the glory.

As for the present ministration of tongues in modern-day assemblies, even the first set of churches had that confusion. Apostle Paul resolves it for them (and for all of us, thankfully) in 1st Corinthians 14. Please avail yourself of the information in that chapter and be ye confused no more cheesy

And please in reading that chapter and relating it to present day use, remember that he is addressing a situation of people coming to deliver Word (or Sermon in some churches) in tongues. So please don't slap your fellow brethren that is praying a private prayer in tongues just because you don't understand him, abeg!

Also some of the other commenters have judged some portions of 1 Corinth 14 to mean that tongues are a sign to unbelievers alone and must not be used among believers. Yes they are a sign for unbelievers but you cannot conveniently ignore the scriptures that reference the use of tongues for private personal prayer (1 Corinthians 14:14, Jude 20). Praying in tongues for me has helped me several times in discerning the actual will of God - someone could raise a particular prayer request on a particular situation, but when I pray in tongues I might receive a message in my spirit directing me to pray for another aspect of that person's life. I can't even begin to list the numerous benefits the gifts of tongues have given me in my spiritual walk. It is a free gift, all other gifts from God, to help our walk with Him, and I don't see any reason why anyone should shun it or try to demonize it.

P.S: By the way OP, your handling of this core scripture and doctrine in your introductory post was most un-academic and in strong violation to practically every principle of logic. If you want to make an informed opinion or judgement about an issue, most ESPECIALLY that which pertains to spiritual things, I strongly advise you to do your research properly before you come around to air your conclusions (which in this example, are pretty much your opinions and void of any real facts). "It is no light matter to speak to an assembly of immortal souls about spiritual things".
Re: Next Time You See Someone Speaking In Tongues In Church, Slap Them by BERNIMOORE: 2:22pm On May 15, 2012
@Ijawkid,
How dare you try to confuse issues here, in your quote below;

So 1 Corinthians 13:8 says tongues should have ceased bah? Why didn't you also say knowledge should have ceased - [size=14pt]there won't have been any need for you to attend any educational institution, abi?[/size]
the issue here is that why do you confuse 'revelational knowledge' with 'mere educational knowledge'?

further in verse 9;
1 Corinthians 13:9,states that;

9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part.

earlier in verse 2 of 1corinthians, paul had already explained revelational spirit that leads to the 'knowledge'.

1 cor 2:10-12;
10 these are the things God has revealed to us by his Spirit.

The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God. 11 For who knows a person’s thoughts except their own spirit within them? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God. 12 What we have received is not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, so that we may understand what God has freely given us.

this kind of Knowledge is not learned, but operates automatically.
its very funny when some people says that they learn 'speaking in tongue', no you dont, when you learn it then be sure that what you are doing is what is termed 'grossolalia'.

Also in your quote below, stop personalising what bible says;

Why didn't you also say knowledge should have ceased

Again,
How dare you are changing 'a plain'statements of facts recorded in acts chapter 2,you convieniently quoted acts 2, which is very plain on the issue of 'every man hearing their own language'
but your quote below you inserted your own meaning meant to 'confuse' or 'distort',
here is your comment;(emphasis on bolded ones)
This is the mystery of the gift of tongues that most people don't realize -[size=14pt] the message was HEARD in their languages, not necessarily SPOKEN in their languages.[/size] It is a truly unique gift by God to pass a message directly unto another - [size=14pt]someone may be speaking in tongues and hearing themselves say "potopatapata", but the person who God intends to hear the message being passed across will hear that message IN HIS OWN LANGUAGE.[/size]
your bolded statement in blue was not in agreement with acts 2:6-8 below,which you quoted,

Act 2:6 Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, [size=14pt]because that every man heard them speak in his own language. [/size]
Act 2:7 And they were all amazed and marvelled, saying one to another, Behold, are not all these which speak Galilaeans?

Therefore,your statement below;
the message was HEARD in their languages, not necessarily SPOKEN in their languages.
is a fabricated notion and a self imposed concept following your own rules and it ran foul of the 'reason of speaking in tongue'.
Re: Next Time You See Someone Speaking In Tongues In Church, Slap Them by buzugee(m): 2:27pm On May 15, 2012
charisel:

Bros, study 1cor 14. Read it for yourself. Study the chapter contextually.
Chariseltha@gmail.com
at this point in time, it does not even matter to me if tongues are real. all i know is that i speak two tongues. english and yooba grin grin
Re: Next Time You See Someone Speaking In Tongues In Church, Slap Them by ijawkid(m): 1:22am On May 16, 2012
BERNIMOORE: @Ijawkid,
How dare you try to confuse issues here, in your quote below;

the issue here is that why do you confuse 'revelational knowledge' with 'mere educational knowledge'?

further in verse 9;
1 Corinthians 13:9,states that;

9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part.

earlier in verse 2 of 1corinthians, paul had already explained revelational spirit that leads to the 'knowledge'.

1 cor 2:10-12;
10 these are the things God has revealed to us by his Spirit.

The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God. 11 For who knows a person’s thoughts except their own spirit within them? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God. 12 What we have received is not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, so that we may understand what God has freely given us.

this kind of Knowledge is not learned, but operates automatically.
its very funny when some people says that they learn 'speaking in tongue', no you dont, when you learn it then be sure that what you are doing is what is termed 'grossolalia'.

Also in your quote below, stop personalising what bible says;

Again,
How dare you are changing 'a plain'statements of facts recorded in acts chapter 2,you convieniently quoted acts 2, which is very plain on the issue of 'every man hearing their own language'
but your quote below you inserted your own meaning meant to 'confuse' or 'distort',
here is your comment;(emphasis on bolded ones)

your bolded statement in blue was not in agreement with acts 2:6-8 below,which you quoted,

Act 2:6 Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, [size=14pt]because that every man heard them speak in his own language. [/size]

Therefore,your statement below;

is a fabricated notion and a self imposed concept following your own rules and it ran foul of the 'reason of speaking in tongue'.

Knowledge and prophesying too has ceased too...

Are u still writing d bible??

Knowledge has indeed ceased....

Prophesies were climaxed @ revelations...

That's why any prophecy outside d boundaries of d bible(genesis to revelation) given by any charlatan today is always null and void...

We have a complete bible my brother...

We dnt need all those prophesying and tongues speaking....
Did it occur to u that we are in d last days and soon the end will ensue...

All we need is to keep awake and apply understanding to Gods commands and practice...

U can continue speaking d sh**t u call speaking in tongues....

Rubbish!!!

I have asked y'all to explain what tatatatatatatatatabababababababagagagagagagagagagarerererereerereehahahahahahahahahadididididiididi means

When Jesus returns u'll tell him u were speaking in tongues when u were suppose to be exhibiting self sacrificing LOVE,which is d real identity of christians and also what will remain in this end times...

@buzugee...

Me na only yoruba,english and pidgin english and a little ijaw na him I sabi speak....

Let d clowns keep speaking in gibberish and let's see who ends up fake in d long run
Re: Next Time You See Someone Speaking In Tongues In Church, Slap Them by buzugee(m): 1:40am On May 16, 2012
ijawkid:

That's why any prophecy outside d boundaries of d bible(genesis to revelation) given by any charlatan today is always null and void...

All we need is to keep awake and apply understanding to Gods commands and practice...

U can continue speaking d sh**t u call speaking in tongues....

Rubbish!!!

I have asked y'all to explain what tatatatatatatatatabababababababagagagagagagagagagarerererereerereehahahahahahahahahadididididiididi means

When Jesus returns u'll tell him u were speaking in tongues when u were suppose to be exhibiting self sacrificing LOVE,which is d real identity of christians and also what will remain in this end times...

@buzugee...

Me na only yoruba,english and pidgin english and a little ijaw na him I sabi speak....

Let d clowns keep speaking in gibberish and let's see who ends up fake in d long run
abi ooo my brother grin how are ya Chief ? trust all is well
Re: Next Time You See Someone Speaking In Tongues In Church, Slap Them by ijawkid(m): 1:44am On May 16, 2012
buzugee: abi ooo my brother grin how are ya Chief ? trust all is well

I dey o...hw is ur day??

Me wan sleep ooo...

I wan vex sleep sef...

Nysc and nigerÍa dey vex me
Re: Next Time You See Someone Speaking In Tongues In Church, Slap Them by buzugee(m): 1:51am On May 16, 2012
ijawkid:

I dey o...hw is ur day??

Me wan sleep ooo...

I wan vex sleep sef...

Nysc and nigerÍa dey vex me
my day dey one kind oo my brother lol. i dey sleep for daytime dey wake up for night. you dey do nysc for naija ? nice one. i need to come do nysc sef. would be a blast.
Re: Next Time You See Someone Speaking In Tongues In Church, Slap Them by ijawkid(m): 7:17am On May 16, 2012
buzugee: my day dey one kind oo my brother lol. i dey sleep for daytime dey wake up for night. you dey do nysc for naija ? nice one. i need to come do nysc sef. would be a blast.

Oboy the whole scheme dey annoying...

I just dnt know why it hasn't been scrapped...

NOW YOUR SUFFER CONTINUES..(Nysc)...
Hehehehehehehehehe
Re: Next Time You See Someone Speaking In Tongues In Church, Slap Them by BERNIMOORE: 6:59pm On May 16, 2012
@ ijawkid,
sorry i misunderstood you,
i thought that you are supporting 'the modern day tongue speaking, but having gone through your earlier post,i just realised that we are almost saying the same thing, i thing i agree with your comment below;

Re: Next Time You See Someone Speaking In Tongues In Church, Slap Them by buzugee(m): 7:09pm On May 16, 2012
ijawkid:

Oboy the whole scheme dey annoying...

I just dnt know why it hasn't been scrapped...

NOW YOUR SUFFER CONTINUES..(Nysc)...
Hehehehehehehehehe
grin grin i thought it was all fun and games and adventure ? i guess i was wrong. i like the outfits though. do you have to pay for the outfits or are they free ?
Re: Next Time You See Someone Speaking In Tongues In Church, Slap Them by ijawkid(m): 7:49pm On May 16, 2012
BERNIMOORE: @ ijawkid,
sorry i misunderstood you,
i thought that you are supporting 'the modern day tongue speaking, but having gone through your earlier post,i just realised that we are almost saying the same thing, i thing i agree with your comment below;

Ur welcome bro......

How are you

Abeg help me tell buzugee how annoying nysc can be sometimes...lol
Re: Next Time You See Someone Speaking In Tongues In Church, Slap Them by ijawkid(m): 7:53pm On May 16, 2012
buzugee: grin grin i thought it was all fun and games and adventure ? i guess i was wrong. i like the outfits though. do you have to pay for the outfits or are they free ?

Its fun if ur posted to some good place...

But wit d recent plan all corp members are to teach in schools....

Brain dulling!!!!

The kit is free...but its sub standard and useless....

And guess what

We've not been paid our allowance for april...

Corp members are actually starving...lol
Re: Next Time You See Someone Speaking In Tongues In Church, Slap Them by buzugee(m): 7:54pm On May 16, 2012
ijawkid:

Ur welcome bro......

How are you

Abeg help me tell buzugee how annoying nysc can be sometimes...lol
grin grin hey i have zero expectations so it will be fun for me. so long as i am not posted in the north. its all good. prefarably i would like to be in lagos or ibadan or ife
Re: Next Time You See Someone Speaking In Tongues In Church, Slap Them by buzugee(m): 7:55pm On May 16, 2012
ijawkid:

Its fun if ur posted to some good place...

But wit d recent plan all corp members are to teach in schools....

Brain dulling!!!!

The kit is free...but its sub standard and useless....

And guess what

We've not been paid our allowance for april...

Corp members are actually starving...lol
so long as accomodation is free, i dont care.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Can One Be In A Relationship And Not Engage In Immoral Acts? / Atheists Please I Need An Explanation. Coincidence Or Reality? / 28 Bible Verses About Love For One Another

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.