Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,835 members, 7,798,811 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:46 AM

RMG's Ayo Shonaiya Official Statement On Mode 9 Vs Muna - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / RMG's Ayo Shonaiya Official Statement On Mode 9 Vs Muna (9090 Views)

Sesan's Official Statement On Leaked Skelewu Video / M.i Vs Ikechukwu Vs Mode 9 Vs Naeto C Vs Illbliss Vs Ruggedman Vs Sauce Kid / Ruggedy Baba Vs Mode 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

RMG's Ayo Shonaiya Official Statement On Mode 9 Vs Muna by MusicCafe: 6:07pm On May 09, 2012
To Whom It May Concern. It has come to my attention that the unfortunate incident that occurred at the Nokia “Don’t Break The Beat” competition on Saturday the 28th of April 2012, where RMG artiste Muna was a Presenter, and Nigerian rap icon Mode 9 was a Judge, has turned into a media/blog frenzy. This unfortunate misunderstanding happened on stage, and the verbal exchange between Muna and Mode 9, even though it started out as opinions quickly escalated into what I’m sure we all have seen in the clip posted on the Internet by Nigezie.

Mode 9 and Muna did not have any pre-existing misunderstanding or “beef” before the Nokia event. Muna’s brief as a Presenter, aside introducing the Contestants and asking the Judges for their remarks and scores, was to add more banter to the judging process, this she had done very well and incident free throughout the Zonal “rap battles” in cities like Lagos, Enugu, Benin and Abuja. As Muna’s management, we are duty bound to take care of this situation professionally, issue statements and all that, but as I’m in a privileged position and I know all parties involved personally, including co-judges Rogba (CEO, Knighthouse) and DJ Jimmy Jatt, I had called everyone involved to sort out this unfortunate issue amongst ourselves the morning after the incident. The clip of the incident surfacing on the Internet only just re-ignited what we’ve been trying to diffuse since the very next day. Like I said, we all have seen the video clip, and the interviews that followed, and of course the onslaught of comments on the internet, the justified, the objective, the insults, the threats of violence and of course a few sensible and supportive ones as well. Time will tell if Muna and Mode 9 trending on Twitter would prove to be a good thing and we’ll all get together and laugh about it later. Muna is a fast rising talent in the rap game, this was recognized by Nokia who gave her the opportunity to appear in their TV commercial and also present the “Don’t Break The Beat” competition which was a massive success. The brand also showed some street cred by employing the undisputed knowledge of rap in appointing Mode 9 as the Head Judge at the Finals. We would like to thank Nokia and the team at YDx for putting together a successful competition.

Lastly, I would like to reiterate that this issue will not be resolved publicly and played out in the media or on blog pages for the amusement and enjoyment of gossip junkies and gist merchants. I’m sorry to disappoint those who are waiting with their mouths open, there will be no leaked emails, back and forth exclusive interviews or Twitter “gangsterisms”. At least not from our side, and as you all know, Mode 9 is big a man enough not to subscribe to media hype over something that, quite rightly, he took as disrespectful but not life threatening. This is Hip Hop, not the Civil War Part 2.

Ayo Shonaiya
RMG Company

http://www.itsmusiccafe..com/2012/05/official-statement-from-rmg-mode-9-vs.html

2 Likes

Re: RMG's Ayo Shonaiya Official Statement On Mode 9 Vs Muna by kobosea: 9:00pm On May 09, 2012
no doubt,professional crises management from ayo shonaiya.however,the celebs are not excused.they neednt get that emotional in public.big responsibility comes with been a celeb.both of them messed up.muna on the other hand was very childish.
Re: RMG's Ayo Shonaiya Official Statement On Mode 9 Vs Muna by lifestyle1(m): 9:01pm On May 09, 2012
WTF... angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: RMG's Ayo Shonaiya Official Statement On Mode 9 Vs Muna by baslone: 9:07pm On May 09, 2012
Is this the end of part one?

You guyz had better ‎​not ϐ kidding me!!

If nah play, make una stop am!
Re: RMG's Ayo Shonaiya Official Statement On Mode 9 Vs Muna by bittyend(m): 9:10pm On May 09, 2012
Who are these people?? Ayo Shonaiya?? Muna??

Is Muna that fugly bytch, with an americo-fula-ibotic accent on BET Cipher?

I know mode9 - but these other people need to jump into the Lagos Lagoon. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: RMG's Ayo Shonaiya Official Statement On Mode 9 Vs Muna by blackboi(m): 9:14pm On May 09, 2012
life_style: WTF... angry
exactly my point...
[b]W[/b]ednesday, [b]T[/b]hursday, [b]F[/b]riday
best days of the weeksmiley

2 Likes

Re: RMG's Ayo Shonaiya Official Statement On Mode 9 Vs Muna by WhoIGoAsk: 9:23pm On May 09, 2012
Re: RMG's Ayo Shonaiya Official Statement On Mode 9 Vs Muna by omosexy1: 9:23pm On May 09, 2012
If this is the way he manages his artiste. Then he is a disaster. Mr. Ayo, Muna should have thought twice before making statements like that, she was not a judge but a presenter. She should have kept her opinions to herself and sort it out of camera politely. She really embarrassed Mode 9 with her statement, like Pass the mic, she should know she has dented her career. Now does she wants to say she is better than Mode 9, she never crawl she don begin bite.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: RMG's Ayo Shonaiya Official Statement On Mode 9 Vs Muna by ceejayluv(m): 9:25pm On May 09, 2012
Forgive her, She was probably on her period.

4 Likes

Re: RMG's Ayo Shonaiya Official Statement On Mode 9 Vs Muna by Ejine(m): 9:27pm On May 09, 2012
Like, will you guys let this go already? This issue's been overflogged for crying out loud, and now I'm super-bored! WTF!!?
Re: RMG's Ayo Shonaiya Official Statement On Mode 9 Vs Muna by Monimatic(m): 9:29pm On May 09, 2012
To hell with Ayo shoniaya and his wack record label called RMG, no wonder they sign ex beauty queens as rappers on their label.
Nobody knows RMG, are they even registered with C.A.C.
EFCC and NAPTIP should investigate these entity called RMG and it's principal officers, they might be a cover up for smuggling girls out for Nigeria for prostitution.
What a fake record label with no credibility.
A rapper wannabe like Muna has over stepped her line by questioning a bonafide and credible rapper like Mode9 judgement in a rap contest.
Muna should quit rap, she is an insult, taboo, abomination and a persona non gratta to the Hiphop community.
Her asking Mode 9 for forgiveness on her twitter page is medicine after death.
RMG should close shop, they are killing the music industry by signing below average and over hyped wannabe artistes.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: RMG's Ayo Shonaiya Official Statement On Mode 9 Vs Muna by Nobody: 9:33pm On May 09, 2012
That's wat hppns when u give da mic to a catwalker,mode wey be Nija rap legend na him dat wannabee open I'm gutter dey talk to.
Re: RMG's Ayo Shonaiya Official Statement On Mode 9 Vs Muna by NSNA: 9:42pm On May 09, 2012
Now we know about RMG company

1 Like

Re: RMG's Ayo Shonaiya Official Statement On Mode 9 Vs Muna by slimyem: 9:50pm On May 09, 2012
NSNA: Now we know about RMG company
.....and that's the idea!
Re: RMG's Ayo Shonaiya Official Statement On Mode 9 Vs Muna by playahP(m): 9:52pm On May 09, 2012
CHAi... watched the video...
Muna let her emotions over whelm her; thus, forgetting her place as a host!!!
People like that rarely ever go far>
Re: RMG's Ayo Shonaiya Official Statement On Mode 9 Vs Muna by Nobody: 9:55pm On May 09, 2012
Mode 9's reply to muna - I am a lyrical warrior, but i don't kill women and children.#listeningtoelbowroomandrappingalong#
Re: RMG's Ayo Shonaiya Official Statement On Mode 9 Vs Muna by oluwagbami(m): 9:55pm On May 09, 2012
This is what one should expect when some of these corporate outfits chooses to employ the service of brainless, half-baked individual that also has character issues. Its a pity the deed has been done.Mode9, just take heart, this is the result of choosing mediocrity above intelligence,talent and experience...
Re: RMG's Ayo Shonaiya Official Statement On Mode 9 Vs Muna by dipo1: 10:00pm On May 09, 2012
NSNA: Now we know about RMG company

Maybe it was a planned con to advertise RMG cheesy
Re: RMG's Ayo Shonaiya Official Statement On Mode 9 Vs Muna by ZUBY77(m): 10:01pm On May 09, 2012
Why should i pay attention to this topic? Who is Muna and ayo?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: RMG's Ayo Shonaiya Official Statement On Mode 9 Vs Muna by Nobody: 10:07pm On May 09, 2012
I felt so ashamed watching that lady Muna insulting Mode9. I call it insult because she is a nobody in the rapworld. If I was there physically, I would have given her the slap of her life. That was so uncool.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: RMG's Ayo Shonaiya Official Statement On Mode 9 Vs Muna by Maxymilliano(m): 10:08pm On May 09, 2012
Muna should have apologized, this press statement is watery. Ayo Shonaya, you could have come up with somethin better but obviously, Muna is giving you her 'muna' to chop for free, hence the watery press statement.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: RMG's Ayo Shonaiya Official Statement On Mode 9 Vs Muna by Nobody: 10:12pm On May 09, 2012
Maxymilliano: Muna should have apologized, this press statement is watery. Ayo Shonaya, you could have come up with somethin better but obviously, Muna is giving you her 'muna' to chop for free, hence the watery press statement.
I do not know who Ayo Shonaya is, but that press statement is pro-Muna, I dont blame him, he obviously has patent to the muna of so-called Muna. I bet that lady aint shit and if she think she is tight as shit, I can make her an offer she can not refuse, and I will slam her down after a b-job!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: RMG's Ayo Shonaiya Official Statement On Mode 9 Vs Muna by pheesayor(m): 10:16pm On May 09, 2012
Muna HAS apologised, check her twEet to modenine @muna01
Re: RMG's Ayo Shonaiya Official Statement On Mode 9 Vs Muna by mrbanks09: 10:19pm On May 09, 2012
Muna muna everywhere why can't you people let the poor girl be, mode 9 is he the only rapper in 9ja? Wake up people..!

1 Like

Re: RMG's Ayo Shonaiya Official Statement On Mode 9 Vs Muna by spurlge(m): 10:19pm On May 09, 2012
im sawy buh dis isnt fair lyk dere were no other female rappers guess dts what bright colored tighs bring.... a beauty queen as rapper niw Rap was doomed long ago.... #passdmic sum high schl trips....
Re: RMG's Ayo Shonaiya Official Statement On Mode 9 Vs Muna by Kc3000: 10:23pm On May 09, 2012
Oh well, I call it like I see it. All the fine babe(Muna) did was state that she disagreed with Mode9's assessment , and the Ninja became all belligerent and sh.it. . . .for a brief moment there, I thought he was going to jump on stage to fight with the babe sef. What is so wrong with someone having an opinion that differs from yours in a talent show? Seemed to me like she was just trying to be engaging, and create a little schism to excite the audience, and my guy started raving and ranting as if she told him he did not know what he was talking about. So, she told him to pass the mic to the next judge, in other words, CHILL THE F%#@ OUT NEGRO. He really needs to get laid and stop acting like a female dog.

3 Likes

Re: RMG's Ayo Shonaiya Official Statement On Mode 9 Vs Muna by obailala(m): 10:31pm On May 09, 2012
Kc3000: Oh well, I call it like I see it. All the fine babe(Muna) did was state that she disagreed with Mode9's assessment , and the Ninja became all belligerent and sh.it. . . .for a brief moment there, I thought he was going to jump on stage to fight with the babe sef. What is so wrong with someone having an opinion that differs from yours in a talent show? Seemed to me like she was just trying to be engaging, and create a little schism to excite the audience, and my guy started raving and ranting as if she told him he did not know what he was talking about. So, she told him to pass the mic to the next judge, in other words, CHILL THE F%#@ OUT NEGRO. He really needs to get laid and stop acting like a female dog.
I quite agree with u here. As much as i think what she said was absolutely wrong, mode9 actually created the scene by trying to respond to her comment. He should have simply ignored her comment/opinion since his own jugdement was final.
Re: RMG's Ayo Shonaiya Official Statement On Mode 9 Vs Muna by Kc3000: 10:43pm On May 09, 2012
obailala:
I quite agree with u here. As much as i think what she said was absolutely wrong, mode9 actually created the scene by trying to respond to her comment. He should have simply ignored her comment/opinion since his own jugdement was final.

Bro, to me, he came off looking like a very insecure person. He could have simply asked her why she thought otherwise or like u said, ignored it. . .instead of feeling insulted. Watch this kind of shows, and there's usually a little back and forth between the host and judges. . .just to spice things up. Then he starts whining about it more, after the show, when he could have just played it down.

2 Likes

Re: RMG's Ayo Shonaiya Official Statement On Mode 9 Vs Muna by iykay4455(m): 10:44pm On May 09, 2012
lindaikeji..com/2012/05/munachi-apologises-to-mode-9.html?m=1

Re: RMG's Ayo Shonaiya Official Statement On Mode 9 Vs Muna by Yinkay: 10:46pm On May 09, 2012
Which one is RMG? The only RMG I know is Risk Management Group for Banks in 9ja!
Re: RMG's Ayo Shonaiya Official Statement On Mode 9 Vs Muna by baggy4luv(m): 10:51pm On May 09, 2012
she has just won a grammy plaque made of poo.have ur head when u are wt a goddess and ur life go long

1 Like 1 Share

Re: RMG's Ayo Shonaiya Official Statement On Mode 9 Vs Muna by Nobody: 11:31pm On May 09, 2012
honestly speaking i want to believe she is on drug . This is not an issue of tendering apology to mode9, she needs to tender apology to the whole world for her childish behaviour, she just added -1 to the nokia brand and also -50 to RMG or wat ever they call themselve. Animal like behaviour is being promoted by RMG

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Boys Brigade Marching Band / MP3: Kranium – Can’t Believe Ft. Wizkid & Ty Dolla $ign / Kelly Hansome Arrested & Released After Signing An Undertaking To Mo’hits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.