Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,544 members, 7,808,997 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:50 PM

The Concept Of God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Concept Of God (1267 Views)

The Word 'Forgiveness' And The Concept Behind It. Whats Your Own Definition?. / Understanding The Concept of Tithing / The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Concept Of God by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:39pm On May 09, 2012
Which Tribe/Ethnic group in your opinion, first started the concept of a divine force or Gods
Re: The Concept Of God by Ptolomeus(m): 7:06pm On May 09, 2012
Hello dear friend.
You mean to Africa?. It would be a very difficult question ...
I believe that since the existence of the first man, is this the belief of a "something" higher. A "something" when it was cool blessed rain, or "something" that scared when there was fire ...
Re: The Concept Of God by logicboy: 7:42pm On May 09, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:
Which Tribe/Ethnic group in your opinion, first started the concept of a divine force or Gods

Following Ptolomeus' reasoning, it would be Africans that started the concept of God since people say that civilization started in Africa
Re: The Concept Of God by Ptolomeus(m): 8:26pm On May 09, 2012
Yeah, right. I agree that life began in Africa.
I remember the story of creation recounting the Yoruba, which actually preceded Orisa at men on earth.

As for historical times, a historical version states that Oduduwa (the patriarch Yoruba) have migrated from the north and would have been established in Ile Ife. But the existence of a war of Oduduwa against a neighboring village would indicate that we had people in the surrounding areas.
It is a very complex question, in that play historical components
Re: The Concept Of God by Nobody: 11:40am On May 20, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:
hmmm stupidious question.
Re: The Concept Of God by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:20pm On May 20, 2012
In my personal opinion, the concept of God came around at the same time when all the tribes in the world were formed and reached their composite stage. it was already developing when we were at the ape-like stage, i am sure. .
Re: The Concept Of God by Nobody: 1:01pm On May 20, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:
In my personal opinion, the concept of God came around at the same time when all the tribes in the world were formed and reached their composite stage. it was already developing when we were at the ape-like stage, i am sure. .
stupidiou opinion from a stupidious poster! Man never evolved from ape . Man have always been man rather what we are seeing is an evolution of science and technology
Re: The Concept Of God by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:10pm On May 20, 2012
Biafra4tharmy: stupidiou opinion from a stupidious poster! Man never evolved from ape . Man have always been man rather what we are seeing is an evolution of science and technology

shut up with your c.rap. you have no proof. you are blinded by them churchmen. fool. atleast we have proof in the form of bones, dna, etc. what proof do you have one old book written by an illegitimate troublemaker angry

do you know for a fact, we share 99% of our DNA with Chimpanzee what do you have to say to that?
Re: The Concept Of God by Nobody: 1:16pm On May 20, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

shut up with your c.rap. you have no proof. you are blinded by them churchmen. fool. atleast we have proof in the form of bones, dna, etc. what proof do you have one old book written by an illegitimate troublemaker angry

do you know for a fact, we share 99% of our DNA with Chimpanzee what do you have to say to that?
sharing 99.9% DNA with an ape does not make a man to suddenly grow tails and jump up tress likes the ape you claim to originate from. Dinnousers etc are form of life that have gone into extinction due to climatic changes
Re: The Concept Of God by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:23pm On May 20, 2012
Biafra4tharmy: sharing 99.9% DNA with an ape does not make a man to suddenly grow tails and jump up tress likes the ape you claim to originate from. Dinnousers etc are form of life that have gone into extinction due to climatic changes

you are talking like an illiterate an. Evolution is a gradual change, a slow process. This world is extremely old, so there was enough time for it to take place. not like your bible which claims that the Earth is only 6300 years old. Our Mother Earth is nearly 4.5 Billion Years Old!

it took time but we slowly evolved, just like other creatures. if we took your bible seriously, then dinosaurs wouldnt even have existed, since according to the bible, everything was put on this Earth as it is.

Re: The Concept Of God by Nobody: 1:40pm On May 20, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

you are talking like an illiterate an. Evolution is a gradual change, a slow process. This world is extremely old, so there was enough time for it to take place. not like your bible which claims that the Earth is only 6300 years old. Our Mother Earth is nearly 4.5 Billion Years Old!

it took time but we slowly evolved, just like other creatures. if we took your bible seriously, then dinosaurs wouldnt even have existed, since according to the bible, everything was put on this Earth as it is.

you are a hypocrite how can you quote Evolution in Biology when you are kicking against the whiteman? Did quaran ever mention that man evolve from Ape and slowly change? You are just confuse. Moreso remove that thread and talk about islam
Re: The Concept Of God by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:48pm On May 20, 2012
Biafra4tharmy: you are a hypocrite how can you quote Evolution in Biology when you are kicking against the whiteman? Did quaran ever mention that man evolve from Ape and slowly change? You are just confuse. Moreso remove that thread and talk about islam

Evolution is Biology whether you like it or not. Everyone in this world had ape-like ancestors, including you. and why should i talk about muslims separately you are all made up of the same sh.it..
Re: The Concept Of God by Nobody: 1:52pm On May 20, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

Evolution is Biology whether you like it or not. Everyone in this world had ape-like ancestors, including you. and why should i talk about muslims separately you are all made up of the same sh.it..
so you are a f*u*c*k*i*n*g HAUSA PAGAN?huh? . Thats better cos i hate hausa moslem like shit thats why i'm attacking you
Re: The Concept Of God by Nobody: 1:53pm On May 20, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

Are you agreeing that all gods/divine forces are man made? I tink it's impossible to answer your question though, because records don't exist about this information.
Re: The Concept Of God by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:52am On Jun 02, 2012
Martian:

Are you agreeing that all gods/divine forces are man made? I tink it's impossible to answer your question though, because records don't exist about this information.

oh no not at all. the reason I created this thread is to prove a point that all Tribal/Traditional Pagan Religions are divine, since:

-they do not have any man founder

AND

-most have similar underlying concepts, even though their adherents have never met each other in the history of mankind, which is a miracle/strange phenomena in itself.

these are unlike the monotheistic abrahmist religions such as islam, christianity, monotheistic judaism who were founded by men (moses,jesus,muhammad) and who copied each others ideas (jesus and muhammad).
Re: The Concept Of God by Jenwitemi(m): 8:04am On Jun 02, 2012
How on earth do you expect anybody to know that? not even scholars dedicated to answering such question have any answers to it.
PAGAN 9JA:
Re: The Concept Of God by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:05am On Jun 02, 2012
Jenwitemi: How on earth do you expect anybody to know that? not even scholars dedicated to answering such question have any answers to it.

EXACTLY bro because no scholar can really answer the question of the infiite supernatural Godly forces. Now read what i said here carefully cool:

PAGAN 9JA:

oh no not at all. the reason I created this thread is to prove a point that all Tribal/Traditional Pagan Religions are divine, since:

AND

-most have similar underlying concepts, even though their adherents have never met each other in the history of mankind, which is a miracle/strange phenomena in itself.

these are unlike the monotheistic abrahmist religions such as islam, christianity, monotheistic judaism who were founded by men (moses,jesus,muhammad) and who copied each others ideas (jesus and muhammad).
Re: The Concept Of God by Ptolomeus(m): 6:25pm On Jun 04, 2012
Biafra4tharmy: you are a hypocrite how can you quote Evolution in Biology when you are kicking against the whiteman? Did quaran ever mention that man evolve from Ape and slowly change? You are just confuse. Moreso remove that thread and talk about islam
The evolution and traditional religion are not contradictory. The white man is not the owner of evolution.
You mix things. You entered with a single intent (assault) and pori that reason you do not understand.
It's a shame so much meanness.
Re: The Concept Of God by Ptolomeus(m): 6:33pm On Jun 04, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

AND

Let's see:
I hope I can explain.
According to the Yoruba worldview, to Ori (personal destiny) will be allocated a Bara (physical body) before coming to earth.
That Ori (personal destiny) is itself a divinity. However, for this target can be met, that Ori is accompanied or covered by a particular Orisa, Orunmila well.
If we understand this concept, Orisa (or strength or power to Orisa) is also within us ...
That is partly a response to your question dear friend?
I would like to know the opinion of a Yoruba regard.
Re: The Concept Of God by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:04pm On Jun 04, 2012
--
Re: The Concept Of God by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:04pm On Jun 04, 2012
Ptolomeus:

Let's see:
I hope I can explain.
According to the Yoruba worldview, to Ori (personal destiny) will be allocated a Bara (physical body) before coming to earth.
That Ori (personal destiny) is itself a divinity. However, for this target can be met, that Ori is accompanied or covered by a particular Orisa, Orunmila well.
If we understand this concept, Orisa (or strength or power to Orisa) is also within us ...
That is partly a response to your question dear friend?
I would like to know the opinion of a Yoruba regard.

not exactly, but YES i understand you. it is a basic Pagan concept explaining the connection between the material and Spiritual realms. yes very true. The Ori or what you say is the Spiritual driving force within us.

(1) (Reply)

Apollyon In The Book Of Revelation 9 Vs 11 Is Alexander The Great / How Much Authority Should A Pastor Have Over A Church? / People That Are Dead Are They In Heaven?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.