Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,866 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:11 AM

Pros And Cons Of 2002 Altima - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Pros And Cons Of 2002 Altima (2693 Views)

Very Clean Registered 2002 Altima For Sale In Abuja @ 600k / SOLD------------Clean/regd 2002 Altima For Sale @ 550k / Numbered 2002 Altima (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pros And Cons Of 2002 Altima by cjpanta: 1:56am On May 10, 2012
I would love to have more information on the 2002 Nissan Altima. It seems a lot less popular than most cars of its age. Would love owners and other experts to educate us on it.
Re: Pros And Cons Of 2002 Altima by cjpanta: 3:14pm On May 10, 2012
Please, nairalanders, I need people's opinion on this. I may be making a wrong choice without your guidance
Re: Pros And Cons Of 2002 Altima by vinmol: 3:46pm On May 10, 2012
hi,
i have used a nissan altima 2002,
it is a very strong car, very fuel efficient and cheap to maintain
the only issue about the car is electrical faults nothing major
maybe breaklights once ina while.

i enjoyed it when i had it...and i sold it for very good price.
a friend we got it together 2009 still enjoys hers till date. good car..very durable
Re: Pros And Cons Of 2002 Altima by cjpanta: 6:21pm On May 10, 2012
Thanks vinmol for your post. Seems encouraging. Let's share more experiences. Most people always complain of the eletrical issues. Please feel free to share your opinions. I need to sample quite a number.
Re: Pros And Cons Of 2002 Altima by cjpanta: 3:01pm On May 11, 2012
Still waiting for more response
Re: Pros And Cons Of 2002 Altima by cjpanta: 7:16am On May 14, 2012
Still waiting for more response. Will love to know about the flip side of the vehicle; stuffs like fuel consumption, availability of parts, cost of maintenance etc
Re: Pros And Cons Of 2002 Altima by nissparts(m): 2:09pm On May 14, 2012
The model has several service bulletins requiring it to be taken in for repairs mainly sensor related and easy to fix if the technician knows what he's doing. If he doesnt, the car can be a nightmare.
Re: Pros And Cons Of 2002 Altima by cjpanta: 6:06pm On May 14, 2012
Nissparts, thanks a lot. But how do you determine what is actually wrong? Can the owner do diagnositics at home on his own? Saw some stuff on a software for diagnostics but am not sure which car brands its meant for
Re: Pros And Cons Of 2002 Altima by cjpanta: 12:51am On May 18, 2012
U guys should talk about your experiences before I make a buy. Help me make up my mind
Re: Pros And Cons Of 2002 Altima by biggiyke(m): 7:23am On May 18, 2012
Re: Pros And Cons Of 2002 Altima by FindOut(m): 8:47am On May 18, 2012
I personally like this car, but i have never owned it. But i've driven d V6 3.5 SE for some minutes tho, & the owner (a friend) hasnt had any serious problems with it, & he's been using it for about a year now. His only major complaint is fuel consumption.
If u eventually decide to buy one, & u r after good fuel economy, then make sure u buy the 4 cylinder 2.5 litre engined version ( a 2.5 logo is on the back & it has its exhaust pipe *usually 2 or maybe 1* at only 1 end). But if u r after engine power & u r willing to sacrifice that for fuel economy, then u can go for the V6 3.5 litre engined version ( 3.5 logo at d back, exhaust pipes at BOTH ends, side skirts). The V6 3.5 SE is a sport car i tell you. It is FAST.
i'll be following this thread still coz i'm hoping to still own the 2.5SL (''full options'' but 4 cylinders) version in future smiley
Re: Pros And Cons Of 2002 Altima by cjpanta: 9:34am On May 19, 2012
Find Out!:
I personally like this car, but i have never owned it. But i've driven d V6 3.5 SE for some minutes tho, & the owner (a friend) hasnt had any serious problems with it, & he's been using it for about a year now. His only major complaint is fuel consumption.
If u eventually decide to buy one, & u r after good fuel economy, then make sure u buy the 4 cylinder 2.5 litre engined version ( a 2.5 logo is on the back & it has its exhaust pipe *usually 2 or maybe 1* at only 1 end). But if u r after engine power & u r willing to sacrifice that for fuel economy, then u can go for the V6 3.5 litre engined version ( 3.5 logo at d back, exhaust pipes at BOTH ends, side skirts). The V6 3.5 SE is a sport car i tell you. It is FAST.
i'll be following this thread still coz i'm hoping to still own the 2.5SL (''full options'' but 4 cylinders) version in future smiley

[color=#006600][/color]thanks a lot. I think most people complain about fuel consumption of V6 engines, but most cars come now in it as a standard. Apart from that, it seems d complaint of sensors seem to be d major thing.
Re: Pros And Cons Of 2002 Altima by FindOut(m): 5:55pm On May 19, 2012
cjpanta: [color=#006600][/color]thanks a lot. I think most people complain about fuel consumption of V6 engines, but most cars come now in it as a standard. Apart from that, it seems d complaint of sensors seem to be d major thing.

True. They do consume fuel (except when driven on long distance journeys on free roads). Then, from the car complaints link posted earlier, it appears a lot of consumers had issues wt d 2002 altima. If u finally decide on purchasing, i advise u go for one manufactured in 2003, coz i xpect some errors in 2002 models (first year of that generation) will have been corrected in the ones produced in later years. However, if u decide to go further to 2005, 2006, be very careful with ur transmission, coz i think they come wt the CVT transmission (similiar to the ones found in the Nissan Murano & Maxima of the same years). And the CVT transmission requires a special kind of fluid ( CVT transmission fluid) & not the regular ATFs. Its available in Nigeria, tho its much more expensive than the usual ATFs. And if you dont take care of ur CVT gear........ Last i heard, a Nissan Murano gearbox costs about 800k!

So, i think u should keep ur eyes out for the 2003, 2004. Let the 2002 be ur last option. Price difference between them shouldnt be much. But like Nissparts said, take ur car to competent mechanics for maintenance & repairs.
Re: Pros And Cons Of 2002 Altima by cjpanta: 3:43am On May 22, 2012
. BUmp
Re: Pros And Cons Of 2002 Altima by mikkyphp(m): 6:22pm On Jul 14, 2012
I'm about to make a purchase of the V6 3.5L SE model. I wanna ask if the Mileage is OK? By that i mean can anyone estimate how far 500naira fuel can take him in the car? like iyana ipaja to V.I (assuming no traffic) and back. waiting
Re: Pros And Cons Of 2002 Altima by FindOut(m): 7:57pm On Jul 14, 2012
mikkyphp: I'm about to make a purchase of the V6 3.5L SE model. I wanna ask if the Mileage is OK? By that i mean can anyone estimate how far 500naira fuel can take him in the car? like iyana ipaja to V.I (assuming no traffic) and back. waiting

based on a friend's experience, 3.5L V6 Altima CONSUMES fuel. 500 naira is approx 5 litres. I seriously doubt u can do Iyana-ipaja - VI with that. Even with the regular 2.5L I4, i still doubt. i may be wrong tho.
Re: Pros And Cons Of 2002 Altima by nissparts(m): 3:18pm On Jul 15, 2012
^you are not wrong

(1) (Reply)

Clean Nissan Altima 2002 For Just N995k Call 07033860294,07056242072 / Toyota Avensis 2007 - Leather Interior- Steering Controls ( Full Option) - 1.6m / *SOLD* Cheapest Fresh Toks 2002 Nissan Pathfinder @ 1m .. best offer *SOLD*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.