Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,883 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:32 AM

Lagos Taskforce Recovers Arms, Munition, Charms, Others At Apapa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Taskforce Recovers Arms, Munition, Charms, Others At Apapa (6224 Views)

BRT Taskforce Rock Blue & Black Uniform Like Nigeria Police (photos) / Less Talk, More Action: Russian Jets Destroy ISIS Hqs, Tanks, Munition Depots – / Political Thugs Arrested With Charms And Weapons In Akwa Ibom (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Taskforce Recovers Arms, Munition, Charms, Others At Apapa by nlofficial(m): 7:58am On May 10, 2012
By OLASUNKANMI AKONI

IKEJA – Lagos State Government said it recovered different kinds of guns, cutlasses and other dangerous weapons under the Ijora-Marine Bridge, during the ongoing clearing of the entire axis by its joint taskforce.

It also said several foreign nationals, believed to be illegal immigrants from neighbouring countries, were also displaced from the cleared site.

The state government has, meanwhile, called on the Federal Government to direct relevant authorities to carry out immediate structural integrity test on the Ijora-Marine Bridge, which leads to one of the biggest seaports in Africa, to avert imminent collapse as well as likely loss of life and property.

The clearing of the area, which commenced on Monday, was sequel to Governor Babatunde Fashola’s directive to rid the area of all tankers, trucks and other vehicles that were parked indiscriminately in the Apapa area, which had been a major cause of daily gridlock to motorists and other road-users.

Commissioner for the Environment, Mr. Tunji Bello, said the weapons were recovered by the joint taskforce comprising security and state agencies without any arrest.

Bello, who spoke during an inspection tour and unveiling of the “Regeneration Programme of Apapa Area,” said the recovered weapons would be handed over to the relevant authorities for further investigation and action.

Culled: Vanguard

http://247nigerianewsupdate.com/lagos-taskforce-recovers-arms-munition-charms-others-at-apapa/
Re: Lagos Taskforce Recovers Arms, Munition, Charms, Others At Apapa by Rad1cal: 8:09am On May 10, 2012
Aboki get liver sha angry
Re: Lagos Taskforce Recovers Arms, Munition, Charms, Others At Apapa by Nobody: 9:30am On May 10, 2012
Good riddance...a welcome development. Apapa need cleansing of these people that just gather all over the place without any means of a livelihood.
Re: Lagos Taskforce Recovers Arms, Munition, Charms, Others At Apapa by akigbemaru: 4:57pm On May 10, 2012
Na today
Re: Lagos Taskforce Recovers Arms, Munition, Charms, Others At Apapa by Okijajuju1(m): 5:03pm On May 10, 2012
Ndi NURTW will not kill me with laugh!!
Re: Lagos Taskforce Recovers Arms, Munition, Charms, Others At Apapa by cashcpt(m): 5:53pm On May 10, 2012
Aboki is a warrior he moves with weapons all the time.Yorubas keep that I mind. I luv BRF, Fashola for President
Re: Lagos Taskforce Recovers Arms, Munition, Charms, Others At Apapa by Nobody: 8:16pm On May 10, 2012
Igbos...you hate Yorubas..hate the leaders..but you are in love with its land. Hatred will kill you all.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Taskforce Recovers Arms, Munition, Charms, Others At Apapa by babamann(m): 8:22pm On May 10, 2012
OK, I SEE HOW PEOPLE MAKE QUITE A BIT OF MONEY SELLING THIER BATTERED BEAT DOWN TRUCKS FOR LIKE N5mil, I THINK I CAN GET PEOPLE WHO WANT NICE, GOOD, WELL MAINTAINED TRUCKK FOR A VERY CHEAPER PRICE, FROM 1998 ONWARDS, ANY TYPE OF TRUCK, I CAN ARRANGE DELIVERY STRAIGHT TO YOUR DOOR BY OUR RELIABLE SHIPPING COMPANY UPON RECEIVING ORDER- I PROMISE TO BEAT ANYONE PRICE FOR ANY TRUCK INCLUDING SHIPPING AND MY COMMISSION!PICS AND DISCUSSION OF WHAT THE CUSTOMER WANTS WILL BE UPPERMOST PRIORITY, BASICALLY, I CAN GET YOU ANYTHING YOU WANT FROM UK AND EUROPE AT A CHEAP PRICE,(ELECTRONICS, CONTAINERS OF ANYTHING) STOP BEING CHARGED HIGH PRICES, COME TO ME AND I PROMISE YOU THE BEST, QUICK AND RELIABLE SERVICE EVER. I PROMISE TO BE FAIR CAUSE I BELIEVE NIGERIA WILL ONLY PROGRESS WHEN NIGERIANS STOP BEING TOO GREEDY. GET AT ME AT oakconstructions@gmail.com, i get LHD but sometimes one drawback is the right-hand, but if you ready to change, i can even get you a range rover 2004 2-3mil, evrything included(shipping and co) - new tokunbo! ALLOW 3 WEEKS OF RECIEVING 60% DEPOSIT FOR GOODS TO ARRIVE, GUARANTEED! the truck below, you can get it shipped to your door for 1.5-2mill - you only have to change the hand
Re: Lagos Taskforce Recovers Arms, Munition, Charms, Others At Apapa by Yeske2(m): 9:47pm On May 10, 2012
ilugunboy: Igbos...you hate Yorubas..hate the leaders..but you are in love with its land. Hatred will kill you all.
What was that outburst for?
Re: Lagos Taskforce Recovers Arms, Munition, Charms, Others At Apapa by Nobody: 10:10pm On May 10, 2012
Yeske!:
What was that outburst for?

He's just telling you to go back to your shithole in iboland. tongue
Re: Lagos Taskforce Recovers Arms, Munition, Charms, Others At Apapa by Yeske2(m): 10:47pm On May 10, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Aproko, was the question directed to you and how come Igboland spill in here because there's nothing Igbo in the article or is this a case of a delusional bigot ma.s.turbating on his hatred for anything Igbo?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Taskforce Recovers Arms, Munition, Charms, Others At Apapa by joeyfire(m): 11:14pm On May 10, 2012
Shuo who turn your key? Abi u wan jonze o! Why u dey see my ppl for dream na?

ilugunboy: Igbos...you hate Yorubas..hate the leaders..but you are in love with its land. Hatred will kill you all.
Re: Lagos Taskforce Recovers Arms, Munition, Charms, Others At Apapa by Nobody: 11:28pm On May 10, 2012
^^^eh shataaap dia! Kids like you should be in bed now. Oya go to sleep before your dad come to knock your big head.
Re: Lagos Taskforce Recovers Arms, Munition, Charms, Others At Apapa by lacasa: 12:06am On May 11, 2012
Rad1cal: Aboki get liver sha angry

Not Aboki bt rather, omo-oduduwa i.e OPC thugs
Re: Lagos Taskforce Recovers Arms, Munition, Charms, Others At Apapa by Butoneday2(m): 3:49am On May 11, 2012
''Word''
Re: Lagos Taskforce Recovers Arms, Munition, Charms, Others At Apapa by Ozonna(m): 5:43am On May 11, 2012
I wonder how some people reason. Where did they mention Igbo in article? Its not a must you must comment.
Re: Lagos Taskforce Recovers Arms, Munition, Charms, Others At Apapa by hakunajay(m): 6:38am On May 11, 2012

You are so dumb! I doubt your sanity bro...
Re: Lagos Taskforce Recovers Arms, Munition, Charms, Others At Apapa by acidtalk: 6:55am On May 11, 2012
you know why some of you will hadly move forward in life?
because your thinking is poorer than the panhandler on the street.
must everything and anything be turned into an ethnic or religious bashing in Nigeria, most especially on nairaland.

Where was Ibo, Hausa or Yoruba mentioned in that aricle?
Re: Lagos Taskforce Recovers Arms, Munition, Charms, Others At Apapa by lexus1: 8:11am On May 11, 2012
I look forward to.... grin grin grin grin grin[img]http://www.spgames.info/g.gif[/img]
Re: Lagos Taskforce Recovers Arms, Munition, Charms, Others At Apapa by lumeneng22: 9:55am On May 12, 2012
Another area the governor should focus his taskforce is mammy markets and Alaba rago which are very deadly overtime, just like the defunct mile 12 akanimodo mkt.
Re: Lagos Taskforce Recovers Arms, Munition, Charms, Others At Apapa by shizzle11(m): 11:33am On May 13, 2012
U r just a d.emented eeddiot, ode
Re: Lagos Taskforce Recovers Arms, Munition, Charms, Others At Apapa by shizzle11(m): 11:40am On May 13, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Anoda bacteria infested brain
Re: Lagos Taskforce Recovers Arms, Munition, Charms, Others At Apapa by Nobody: 12:06pm On May 13, 2012
What is it with recovering 'charms'?
Is there a law against charms in this country?

(1) (Reply)

Oshiomhole Offers China Major Trade Links / " Yorùbá Is No Coward" -cardinal Olubunmi Okogie / Goodluck Jonathan Is Traitor, Aso Rock Cabals React To Ticket Rejection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.