Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,120 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:58 PM

Types Of Low Fat Nigerian Foods - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Types Of Low Fat Nigerian Foods (28787 Views)

22 Appropriate Names Of Nigerian Foods You Probably Didn't Know / 10 Nigerian Foods You Must Eat Before You Die / Nigerian Foods And Their Calorie Contents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Types Of Low Fat Nigerian Foods by Nellyd(f): 1:13pm On May 11, 2012
kaeto: Here is your therapy

(1)for your tea avoid milk,chocolate n sugar,instead, use, mushroom milk or skimmed milk,lipton n refined honey n use wheatbread,there are also cholesterol free butter, all from a supermarket.

(2)take boiled/roasted plantain as a meal,say 4/ more times a week

(3)in place of starchy swallows,take wheat n vegetable soup.

(4)use snail,crabs, water snails,chicken, bushmeat,n if u can eat a lot of water turtle-this a very important therapy.

(5)take bananas almost daily,they contain potassium that nullifies the elements of the ailment n avoid table salts,they contain sodium that enhances the ailment.take also a lot of fruits n use them as meals like 3 or more times a week especially at nights.

(6)observe your exercise n have sex(in good mood).

Just start here n be in good health, thanks.
Good one.
Re: Types Of Low Fat Nigerian Foods by Nellyd(f): 1:25pm On May 11, 2012
popegirl:
try this

Sunday:

B: 2 BOILED EGGS
L: 1 PIECE OF FRESH FISH WITH VEGETABLE soup(COMPULSORY)
D: 2 PIECE OF CHICKEN (BOILED) WITH ONE APPLE
MONDAY
B: 2 BOILED EGGS
L: SALAD AND CHICKEN (ROASTED OR FRIED)
D: FISH PEPPERSOUP WITH ONE APPLE
TUESDAY
B: 2 APPLES, WITH LOADS OF WATER
L: ONE CUP OF BEANS WITH CHICKEN
D: FISH PEPPERSOUP WITH ONE APPLE
WEDNESDAY
B: 2 BOILED EGGS WITH STEW
L: MOI MOI (1 WRAP)
D: SUYA WITH SALAD/TOMATOES

THURSDAY
B: 1 CUCUMBER WITH THREE CHERRY TOMATOES
L: CHIKEN PEPPERSOUP
D: FRIED FISH AND VEGETABLE SOUP
FRIDAY:
B: 2 hard boiled eggs
L: MEAT PEPPERSOUP WITH ONE APPLE
D: SALAD AND FISH

SATURDAY

B: SALAD AND EGGS
L: CHICKEN WITH VEGETABLE SOUP
D: SUYA WITH ONE APPLE

SUNDAY:
B: SALAD WITH EGGS
L: 6 TABLESPOONS OF RICE WITH STEW
D: ANYTHING OF YOU CHOICE WITH ONE APPLE
YOU SHOULD DO THIS FOR THE FIRST TWO WEEKS!
this wont be easy o for a heavy eater
Re: Types Of Low Fat Nigerian Foods by Nobody: 1:38pm On May 11, 2012
kaeto: Here is your therapy

(1)for your tea avoid milk,chocolate n sugar,instead, use, mushroom milk or skimmed milk,lipton n refined honey n use wheatbread,there are also cholesterol free butter, all from a supermarket.

(2[b][/b])take boiled/roasted plantain as a meal,say 4/ more times a week [b][/b]

(3)in place of starchy swallows,take wheat n vegetable soup.

(4)use snail,crabs, water snails,chicken, bushmeat,n if u can eat a lot of water turtle-this a very important therapy.

(5)take bananas almost daily,they contain potassium that nullifies the elements of the ailment n avoid table salts,they contain sodium that enhances the ailment.take also a lot of fruits n use them as meals like 3 or more times a week especially at nights.

(6)observe your exercise n have sex(in good mood).

Just start here n be in good health, thanks.

today, i took roasted unripe plantain for lunch, but i still had to take it with stew,(which contains oil)am i suppose to take it with or without stew
Re: Types Of Low Fat Nigerian Foods by snthesis(m): 3:02pm On May 11, 2012
crusifis:

today, i took roasted unripe plantain for lunch, but i still had to take it with stew,(which contains oil)am i suppose to take it with or without stew
YEA, U AR SUPPOSED TO TAKE IT WITH WATER, SALT WATER ONLY
Re: Types Of Low Fat Nigerian Foods by tpia5: 4:29pm On May 12, 2012
a low fat stew would probably have minimal or no oil.

you have to check what the recommended daily amount of oil is per day, and work within those limits.

you could also use garden egg instead of regular stew, i suppose.
Re: Types Of Low Fat Nigerian Foods by zeefever: 8:30am On May 13, 2012
Suya is not healthy. Palm oil is better than groundnut oil. The white of egg is better than the yolk. Cut out fast food. Eat more of fruits and vegetables.
Re: Types Of Low Fat Nigerian Foods by member479760: 7:13am On May 14, 2012
gari no get fat, try it.
Re: Types Of Low Fat Nigerian Foods by PrettyCindy(f): 11:56am On May 14, 2012
Miss EZ: @Greyfog, thanks for reading my post, oatmeal is a very nutritious meal that people take forgranted. I learnt to eat healthy cos i decided to take control of my weight. We can tell the poster what to eat, but at the end of the day, he has to make the choice to do what it takes to stay healthy.

Exactly my thots. Is it ok to add milk to the oatmeal porridge?
Re: Types Of Low Fat Nigerian Foods by Utch13: 8:24am On May 23, 2012
Ds is really good, av learnt one or two things abt eating healthy.thumbs up for nairaland!

1 Like

Re: Types Of Low Fat Nigerian Foods by MissEZ(f): 6:54pm On May 24, 2012
PrettyCindy:

Exactly my thots. Is it ok to add milk to the oatmeal porridge?

Just seeing this. You can add milk, but maybe reduce the amount, e.g reduce 2 tablespoons to 1 teaspoon.
Re: Types Of Low Fat Nigerian Foods by weightloss9ja: 10:30pm On Jun 11, 2013
skimmed milk or full cream milk which is better for weight loss? find out here http://weightloss9ja..com/2013/05/skimmed-milk-or-full-cream.html
Re: Types Of Low Fat Nigerian Foods by adekunbiadebola: 9:48am On Sep 21, 2015
U can also take oats
Use non cholesterol sweeteners instead v sugar
Reduce ur intake v palm oil greatly
Reduce ur use of magarine and butters
Use low cholesterol vegetable oils
U may or may not decide to take green tea(Ask ur doctor,this is very important if you want to start taking green tea)
Reduce consumption v beef n take more v chicken,without the skin,and plenty v fish
Increase your intake v vegetables
Stop eating EBA n eat semo,wheat or amala.u can also take unripe plantain elubo
Re: Types Of Low Fat Nigerian Foods by adekunbiadebola: 9:49am On Sep 21, 2015
Use skimmed milk instead v normal milk.skimmed milk contains low fat

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Found Maggot Inside The Fried Fish He Bought For Ramadan Fast / 6 Health Benefits Of Coconut Water / Kinds Of Food I Need To Increase My Muscles...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.