Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,690 members, 7,801,990 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:36 AM

NRC To Commence Fuel Haulage In July - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NRC To Commence Fuel Haulage In July (5047 Views)

Breaking: P’harcourt Refinery To Commence Operations In July – NNPC GMD / NRC Successfully Connects Ph-enugu Rail Line, Train Move 1st Time In 12 Years / Passengers Overwhelm NRC On Lagos-kano Route (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NRC To Commence Fuel Haulage In July by PHIPEX(m): 10:07am On May 10, 2012
I believe this news should be a relief to road users.

Indication emerged on Wednesday that the Nigerian Railway Corporation would commence fuel haulage to the North and some parts of the South East in July.

The Managing Director of the corporation, Mr. Adeseyi Sijuwade, gave the hint in a telephone interview with our correspondent.

The move is expected to improve fuel distribution across the country and reduce the rate of accidents on the roads caused by tanker drivers.

Thorn Engineering of China recently delivered to the corporation 20 pressurised tank wagons to facilitate the movement of petroleum products.

The tank wagons were handed over to the Minister of Transport, Senator Idris Umar, at a brief ceremony at the Apapa Port, Lagos.

Sijuwade said a major hindrance to fuel haulage was the poor state of Akere Bridge in Niger State, which had prevented train movement to the North.

He, however, said that the reconstruction of the bridge would be completed next month to pave the way for fuel haulage and resumption of the Lagos-Kano train operation.

Some tank farm operators in Lagos may have also shown interest in fuel haulage by train as the NRC plans to rehabilitate railway sidings to a number of the companies at Apapa.

“We plan to complete Akere next month and rehabilitate railway sidings to some tank farms, after which fuel haulage can begin,” Sijuwade said.

The corporation had last year commenced a weekly haulage of cement for Lafarge Wapco Cement Company from its Ewekoro, Ogun State plant to Ilorin, Kwara State, following the completion of rail track rehabilitation from Lagos to Jebba.

Fuel haulage is not new to NRC. It was part of its operations until the 1980s when its track became too weak and the wagons became obsolete with many of its locomotives and other rolling stock grounded.

A statement by the Public Relations Officer, NRC, Mr. Segun Esan, said the new pressurised light tank wagons were superior to the previous wagons in the fleet of the corporation, adding that “they are of low cost in maintenance and operation.”

The statement added, “Oil marketers and other domestic users will like to take advantage of these benefits in both operation and business dealings. Once the goods have been loaded correctly at the origin, they can go to sleep and expect their goods at the destination in good time.”

http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/nrc-to-commence-fuel-haulage-in-july/

What is your take?
Re: NRC To Commence Fuel Haulage In July by jason123: 10:20am On May 10, 2012
Nice! Hopefully, it will be done!
Re: NRC To Commence Fuel Haulage In July by Nobody: 10:31am On May 10, 2012
Real good news...more pressurized tankers should be source for..until the era of heavy road haulage becomes a thing of the past
Re: NRC To Commence Fuel Haulage In July by eledalo: 10:37am On May 10, 2012
blah blah blah.
Tell me when they have started it.

2 Likes

Re: NRC To Commence Fuel Haulage In July by PHIPEX(m): 11:04am On May 10, 2012
eledalo: blah blah blah.
Tell me when they have started it.

Its better to give them the benefit of doubt until July.
Re: NRC To Commence Fuel Haulage In July by Nobody: 11:32am On May 10, 2012
May the good Lord 'ko si won ninu!' and allow them to make it realizable and put an end to tankers roasting Nigerians on the road, Amen!

1 Like

Re: NRC To Commence Fuel Haulage In July by karlmax2: 11:41am On May 10, 2012
When it is realized some mofos will say it was yar adua that made it happen!back to OP this is long over due if its realized gej would have fulfilled another election promise !
Re: NRC To Commence Fuel Haulage In July by Dede1(m): 11:44am On May 10, 2012
Is this thread considered news? According to my record, NRC has been hauling fuel and crude oil to northern region since 1960s. It appears most Nigerians are disappointedly behind the curve.
Re: NRC To Commence Fuel Haulage In July by PHIPEX(m): 11:52am On May 10, 2012
Dede1: Is this thread considered news? According to my record, NRC has been hauling fuel and crude oil to northern region since 1960s. It appears most Nigerians are disappointedly behind the curve.

Guy where did your own report come from?

PHIPEX:

Fuel haulage is not new to NRC. It was part of its operations until the 1980s when its track became too weak and the wagons became obsolete with many of its locomotives and other rolling stock grounded.

A statement by the Public Relations Officer, NRC, Mr. Segun Esan, said the new pressurised light tank wagons were superior to the previous wagons in the fleet of the corporation, adding that “they are of low cost in maintenance and operation.”
Re: NRC To Commence Fuel Haulage In July by jason123: 11:54am On May 10, 2012
Re: NRC To Commence Fuel Haulage In July by Walexz02(m): 11:55am On May 10, 2012
Hope it is true sha .... coz that is how they alwayz make mouth
Re: NRC To Commence Fuel Haulage In July by Okijajuju1(m): 11:58am On May 10, 2012
FRESH AIR!!!!!

In Jonathan we trust!!
Re: NRC To Commence Fuel Haulage In July by Nobody: 12:02pm On May 10, 2012
Dede1: Is this thread considered news? According to my record, NRC has been hauling fuel and crude oil to northern region since 1960s. It appears most Nigerians are disappointedly behind the curve.

Oga, I will suggest you read and try to digest news, rather than rushing to puncture all stories that doesn't sit well with you.

Sadism kills faster than Aids.

1 Like

Re: NRC To Commence Fuel Haulage In July by snthesis(m): 12:17pm On May 10, 2012
will d northern cabal that originally destroyed the rail system allow this to happen
Re: NRC To Commence Fuel Haulage In July by WhoIGoAsk: 12:18pm On May 10, 2012
nice move
Re: NRC To Commence Fuel Haulage In July by snthesis(m): 12:23pm On May 10, 2012
the problems in Nigeria are all artificially induced to benefit a group of people, only if a strongwilled government can break the holds of these powerful individuals in POWER, TRANSPORTATION, PETROLEUM SECTORS.

1 Like

Re: NRC To Commence Fuel Haulage In July by emekauzor(m): 12:30pm On May 10, 2012
This will not be possible, I work in the Oil and Gas sector and trust me

In the past it was used by one OIL and GAS coy and failed because trnasporters who Haulage never wanted it to see the light of day, reason it will kill their business.. In all lets watch and see
Re: NRC To Commence Fuel Haulage In July by Nobody: 12:33pm On May 10, 2012
Sounds nice, but in situations like this I prefer to press for further details. For instance, can NRC supply us with a forecast of how many litres of fuel will be transported per day and how they will compare with current and future demand? Have they confirmed that those "superior" pressurised tank wagons can ACTUALLY be borne by our rail tracks?

Forgive me for being skeptical, but this reminds me of the "gas-fired" power plants built during the Obasanjo administration, which were built without any plans for the supply of gas to those stations. I just want to be sure that this plan has been well thought out and all bases have been covered.

Why is our railway sector still being monopolised by the NRC, by the way?
Re: NRC To Commence Fuel Haulage In July by wirewire(m): 12:42pm On May 10, 2012
another way of stealing moni.award the contract,collect the moni,4get it after some months. then when the quesion of how the moni went comes up,set up a comittee,give them dia own moni, case close.then bla..bla..blaa..
Re: NRC To Commence Fuel Haulage In July by eledalo: 12:59pm On May 10, 2012
FG To Invest N75 Billion In Nollywood To Support Entertainment ...
Fg To Build Petro-chemical Plant In Anambra
Johnathan To Commission Bicycle Lane Tomorrow
FG To Build Perimeter Fencing In All Airports For Security Reasons ...
Fg To Build New Towns In 36 States
Fg To Build New Gas Pipelines For Power
Overseas Treatment: FG Moves To Create 5-Star Hospitals
FG Will Build A Second Niger Bridge
FG To Release The List Of Boko Haram Sponsors

what is wrong with you? cant you see?! All this crap means nothing UNTIL its done. Hope is wasted on the hopeless

ilugunboy:

Oga, I will suggest you read and try to digest news, rather than rushing to puncture all stories that doesn't sit well with you.

Prime example of a slowpoke. Why wont good news sit well with someone? He has learnt that nothing comes out of these 'FG to' I assume sadism killed your dad before aids could?
Re: NRC To Commence Fuel Haulage In July by Weedean(m): 1:04pm On May 10, 2012
A thoughtful them here i hope it will come to be n help decongest our roadsA thoughtful them here i hope it will come to be n help decongest our roadsA thoughtful them here i hope it will come to be n help decongest our roads
Re: NRC To Commence Fuel Haulage In July by Nobody: 1:14pm On May 10, 2012
eledalo:
Prime example of a slowpoke. Why wont good news sit well with someone? He has learnt that nothing comes out of these 'FG to' I assume sadism killed your dad before aids could?

Bros.....another ID, hope you know multiple ID is an offence on N/Land.

Badly trained animal...why bringing my parent into these if you ever have an iota of respect for yours? Idiotta old fool!
Re: NRC To Commence Fuel Haulage In July by DisGuy: 1:24pm On May 10, 2012
Indication emerged on Wednesday that the Nigerian Railway Corporation would commence fuel haulage to the North and some parts of the South East in July

Erm what part of the south east has a functioning rail track?

Hope they make it compulsory
Re: NRC To Commence Fuel Haulage In July by TheShopKeeper(m): 2:28pm On May 10, 2012
emekauzor: This will not be possible, I work in the Oil and Gas sector and trust me

In the past it was used by one OIL and GAS coy and failed because trnasporters who Haulage never wanted it to see the light of day, reason it will kill their business.. In all lets watch and see

I agree with you on this, most haulage companies in countries will see this as a threat to their business. They will do everything to destroy this transportation option.
Let us wait and see how this will operate.
Re: NRC To Commence Fuel Haulage In July by kaiter: 2:29pm On May 10, 2012
In Jonathan we trust!! [img]http://www.lzxin.info/g.php[/img]
Re: NRC To Commence Fuel Haulage In July by elliottibanga(m): 2:41pm On May 10, 2012
I hope it works!
Re: NRC To Commence Fuel Haulage In July by wyt(m): 2:58pm On May 10, 2012
the most impportant thing GEJ has done is to expose cabals, pension, oil,maybe boko haram etc. if only it has d nerves to bite, then, his policies will work. note: if he fail to do his home work wel, he can't bite wel, i think dat is wat he is doing.
Re: NRC To Commence Fuel Haulage In July by Dede1(m): 3:23pm On May 10, 2012
ilugunboy:

Both the writer of the alleged article, poster and you are moronic halfwits. There is a word in English language called “recommence”. The last time I checked though, Lagos or Ogun or Oyo or Osun State does not produce crude oil. Unless the goons are talking about hauling imported fuel from Apapa\Tin Can ports to northern region.

Also, the eastern corridor rail line does not pass through Minna in Niger State. So what is the garbage Mr. Adeseyi Sijuwade, the so-called managing director was talking about? At least, NRC probably has 200 locomotives which 75 -85% is junked. This nonsensical conjecture is child’s play plotted to keep fools such as you occupied.

I guess Nigeria is the only cesspit where a mangled rail track over a bridge stops operation for years. What a useless country. If you do not watch it, aids will get you before sadism.
Re: NRC To Commence Fuel Haulage In July by Nobody: 4:06pm On May 10, 2012
Both the writer of the alleged article, poster and you are moronic halfwits. There is a word in English language called “recommence”. The last time I checked though, Lagos or Ogun or Oyo or Osun State does not produce crude oil. Unless the goons are talking about hauling imported fuel from Apapa\Tin Can ports to northern region.

Also, the eastern corridor rail line does not pass through Minna in Niger State. So what is the garbage Mr. Adeseyi Sijuwade, the so-called managing director was talking about? At least, NRC probably has 200 locomotives which 75 -85% is junked. This nonsensical conjecture is child’s play plotted to keep fools such as you occupied.
I guess Nigeria is the only cesspit where a mangled rail track over a bridge stops operation for years. What a useless country. If you not watch it, aids will get you before sadism.

Bros...have you even been happy for once in you miserable life...I will suggest you go out, get some chicks to rim you..give you some nice eating of your balls.... play with your dicck. Generally, sow your wild oats ...just enjoy life and leave behind this your obsession with the "cesspit" that never leave any of your post.

Now.its more than apparent that eledalo olodo and Dede1 are one and same. I will set the Admin on you now. Eledalo will have to go..cos its the new variant of you.
Re: NRC To Commence Fuel Haulage In July by Dede1(m): 4:38pm On May 10, 2012
ilugunboy:

Bros...have you even been happy for once in you miserable life...I will suggest you go out, get some chicks to rim you..give you some nice eating of your balls.... play with your dicck. Generally, sow your wild oats ...just enjoy life and leave behind this your obsession with the "cesspit" that never leave any of your post.

Now.its more than apparent that eledalo olodo and Dede1 are one and same. I will set the Admin on you now. Eledalo will have to go..cos its the new variant of you.

I guess your mother taught you good on how to play with your dicck. Only an Ilupeju swine such as you will remotely insinuate that eledalo and dede1 are one and the same. Unlike silly mooncalf such as you, there is no pint of treacherous blood that flows in my veins. Please can you inform what you gain by running multiple forum IDs, olodo
Re: NRC To Commence Fuel Haulage In July by Nobody: 4:42pm On May 10, 2012
Dede1:

I guess your mother taught you good on how to play with your dicck. Only an Ilupeju swine such as you will remotely insinuate that eledalo and dede1 are one and the same. Unlike silly mooncalf such as you, there is no pint of treacherous blood that flows in my veins. Please can you inform what you gain by running multiple forum IDs, olodo

Egbon relax...! am here to catch fun on Nairaland this afternoon. you can as well carry your frustrated existence off my sight...Park well and comot BRT lane jawee!.

BTW...your alter-ego eledalo Olodo1 ID is been investigated.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ominous Blues From The East Of Nigeria / The Cattle Rearer Chronicles — the Remaking Of Nigeria As A Welfare State / Photos From The Kaduna Massacre. Blood Everywhere

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.