Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,505 members, 7,781,537 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:29 PM

Justice Ayo Salami Reinstated As President Of Court Of Appeal? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Justice Ayo Salami Reinstated As President Of Court Of Appeal? (17605 Views)

Oyinlola Reinstated As PDP National Secretary / Justice Ayo Salami Retires / Justice Ayo Salami Reinstated (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Justice Ayo Salami Reinstated As President Of Court Of Appeal? by robinhoodd2(m): 4:16pm On May 10, 2012
the suspended president of court of appeal,Justice Ayo Salami has been reinstated.be inform.HOT n FRESH
Re: Justice Ayo Salami Reinstated As President Of Court Of Appeal? by nuclearboy(m): 4:28pm On May 10, 2012
Source?
Re: Justice Ayo Salami Reinstated As President Of Court Of Appeal? by robinhoodd2(m): 4:45pm On May 10, 2012
justice can be delayed but it can never be denied.Salami welcome back

2 Likes

Re: Justice Ayo Salami Reinstated As President Of Court Of Appeal? by Nobody: 4:46pm On May 10, 2012
robinhoodd2: justice can be delayed but it can never be denied.Salami welcome back

Source pls
Re: Justice Ayo Salami Reinstated As President Of Court Of Appeal? by nobleayo: 4:47pm On May 10, 2012
na lie jo.na me be the court of appeal president
Re: Justice Ayo Salami Reinstated As President Of Court Of Appeal? by Ibadiarann(m): 4:48pm On May 10, 2012
Story!!!!
Re: Justice Ayo Salami Reinstated As President Of Court Of Appeal? by OAM4J: 4:50pm On May 10, 2012
Suspension: NJC to reinstate Justice Salami today
The National Judicial Council, NJC, will today formally reinstate the suspended President of the Court of Appeal, Justice Isa Ayo Salami, almost nine months after he was kicked out of office. This indication emerged yesterday, after a three member panel set up by the NJC and led by a justice of the Supreme Court, Justice Aloma Muhktar, submitted its report recommending the immediate reinstatement of Justice Salami.A competent source, who is also a member of the NJC, told National Mirror last night that the Justice Muhktar尀s recom-mendation is slated for adoption today.Justice Salami was suspended on Thursday August 18, 2011 following the recommendationmade by the Justice Ibrahim Ndahi Auta-led panel, which indicted him of insubordination.

He was directed to proceed on compulsory sus-pension pending the time President Goodluck Jonathan approves the Coun-cils recommendation that he should be retired from the bench.

The Council also directed Justice Salami to hand-over to the most senior justice of the Court of Appeal.

Section 238 (4) (5) of the 1999 constitution which addresses such situation cre-ated by the NJC decision reads:

If the Office of President of the Court of Appeal is vacant, or if the person holding the office is for any reason unable to per-form the functions of the office, then until a person has been appointed to and has assumed the functions of that office, or until the person holding the has resumed those functions, the President shall appoint the most senior justice of the Court of Appeal to perform those functions.唀

http://nationalmirroronline.net/news/39495.html
Re: Justice Ayo Salami Reinstated As President Of Court Of Appeal? by MrGlobe(m): 4:55pm On May 10, 2012
Lets pop shampaign tunubu and my ACN folks. Its time to win ondo by crook or means grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Justice Ayo Salami Reinstated As President Of Court Of Appeal? by yongnoble(m): 4:55pm On May 10, 2012
This is a classical case of 'closing the gate after the goat has ran out'. What a waster mtschewwwww
Re: Justice Ayo Salami Reinstated As President Of Court Of Appeal? by ismhab(m): 4:59pm On May 10, 2012
At long last jonalooter.
Re: Justice Ayo Salami Reinstated As President Of Court Of Appeal? by Ournaija: 5:02pm On May 10, 2012
Another Abracadabraaaa
Re: Justice Ayo Salami Reinstated As President Of Court Of Appeal? by ifihearam: 5:03pm On May 10, 2012
PDP IN TROUBLE
Re: Justice Ayo Salami Reinstated As President Of Court Of Appeal? by jikjimmy: 5:04pm On May 10, 2012
Yoruba and their MAGU MAGU
Re: Justice Ayo Salami Reinstated As President Of Court Of Appeal? by dayokanu(m): 5:08pm On May 10, 2012
Justice can only be delayed

Welcome back our hero Justice Salami
Re: Justice Ayo Salami Reinstated As President Of Court Of Appeal? by Iranoladun(f): 5:14pm On May 10, 2012
Justice for a man of integrity at last! This is a cause for celebration! wink grin cheesy cool

I salute Justice Ayo Isa Salami for his enduring courage! smiley wink cheesy grin cool

1 Like

Re: Justice Ayo Salami Reinstated As President Of Court Of Appeal? by Demdem(m): 5:16pm On May 10, 2012
i hope O'cursed and co will come back and eat their words. shameless eediots.
Re: Justice Ayo Salami Reinstated As President Of Court Of Appeal? by Nobody: 5:17pm On May 10, 2012
Breakingnews ACN Leaders plans to form an aliance with PPA in order to capture Ondo state
Re: Justice Ayo Salami Reinstated As President Of Court Of Appeal? by kaeto(m): 5:22pm On May 10, 2012
ismhab: At long last jonalooter.
GEJ may not be the best we are having for this generation, but the way most of you yorubas go about it is quite alarming, please you guys should be well under-stood by nigerians o, i dont support him but. . .
Re: Justice Ayo Salami Reinstated As President Of Court Of Appeal? by aare07(m): 5:24pm On May 10, 2012
After the goodluck case
Re: Justice Ayo Salami Reinstated As President Of Court Of Appeal? by Nobody: 5:26pm On May 10, 2012
Kicking him out has served its purpose well, if the man was not removed, he would have declared the presidential election null and void causing a very big embarrassment to the presidency. The judgement would have been upturned at the supreme court but then, then harm would have been done.
Re: Justice Ayo Salami Reinstated As President Of Court Of Appeal? by ziccoit: 5:29pm On May 10, 2012
Only God knows how many times GEJ has acted before thinking? Who are the Mr GEJ thinking-tanks? Is he the one who bypasses all the hugely renumerated advisers and co? Somebody needs to tell me what he has done without later come to face Nigerians with tones of regrets. He has retraced his steps many times that I have lost count. How do we move forward when the government is occilating about a point like a pendulum? Nigeria is a goner. I am not sorry.
Re: Justice Ayo Salami Reinstated As President Of Court Of Appeal? by suolboy(m): 5:30pm On May 10, 2012
GEJ just allowed the guy to be reinstated period. Afterall the guy he was fighting with has left the ring.[/size][size=8pt]

1 Like

Re: Justice Ayo Salami Reinstated As President Of Court Of Appeal? by Nobody: 6:15pm On May 10, 2012
Re: Justice Ayo Salami Reinstated As President Of Court Of Appeal? by teskyg: 6:20pm On May 10, 2012
Criminal Salami reinstated for Action Congress?with all d call log issues still hanging on the theif?The Judiciary is fill with so many Salami.This is why Coruption continue to thrive.What a shame.
Re: Justice Ayo Salami Reinstated As President Of Court Of Appeal? by olajide8(m): 6:28pm On May 10, 2012
My only bone of contention is, why? it took so long, it was almost an immediate effect thing, when they wanted to remove him but it took 9 long months is this how Justice should work? And for True justice to prevail? the only thing, the Honorable Justice didn't do was to sentence the election riggers to jail! as their is no difference between what they did and what common armed robbers do, they stole power by intimidating people arming thugs, and stuffing ballot boxes, they wanted power by all means, not because they wanted to help the common man by serving him, but because they wanted to steal from the common man (both an intent and an act).
Re: Justice Ayo Salami Reinstated As President Of Court Of Appeal? by hugoboss36(m): 6:34pm On May 10, 2012
I believe for them to call him back,there must be something....Salami,should watch it..when you are dinning with the devil,u dont only need a LONG spoon,but you have to be extremely careful...in addition,Welcome back to the BENCH once again...
Re: Justice Ayo Salami Reinstated As President Of Court Of Appeal? by Rhino5dm: 6:34pm On May 10, 2012
Where is that silly goat call BEAF? SMH!
Re: Justice Ayo Salami Reinstated As President Of Court Of Appeal? by olajide8(m): 6:36pm On May 10, 2012
chiover: Breakingnews ACN Leaders plans to form an aliance with PPA in order to capture Ondo state
Hahaha! what locus standi do PPA have in Ondo state? I can guess they have just about 400 members a few members of the state executive and their children the centre is no more holding why should the branches still be in existence? so that shouldn't be news, and Ondo PPA members are not progressives they are retrogressive so I don't see any possiblity of an alliance its to me just another rumour!
Re: Justice Ayo Salami Reinstated As President Of Court Of Appeal? by DaLover(m): 6:38pm On May 10, 2012
ziccoit: Only God knows how many times GEJ has acted before thinking? Who are the Mr GEJ thinking-tanks? Is he the one who bypasses all the hugely renumerated advisers and co? Somebody needs to tell me what he has done without later come to face Nigerians with tones of regrets. He has retraced his steps many times that I have lost count. How do we move forward when the government is occilating about a point like a pendulum? Nigeria is a goner. I am not sorry.

Guy do you even bother to study the process at all? I really don't know what u might have been expecting but tbe president has to follow certain processes and procedures....
The man was relieved of his job by his peers, and GEJ appointed someone to act while the issue was being resolved, its really to be a buffun at times....if it was Obj, do u think salami woukd still be walking the streets?
Re: Justice Ayo Salami Reinstated As President Of Court Of Appeal? by DaLover(m): 6:41pm On May 10, 2012
greateros:

re-instated after PDP don finish their mago-mago and wuru-wuru! you can never beat PDP to the game! undecided undecided
All those that keep calling pdp as if there is a better party, a the partiez are the same jo...ACN in the form of AD ruled the SW for 4yearz with absolutely nothing to show......all the parties are the same....only that ACN and CPC are regional parties
Re: Justice Ayo Salami Reinstated As President Of Court Of Appeal? by yemmight(m): 6:46pm On May 10, 2012
I remember the meeting between odechukwu and Asiwaju recently. Now results are pumping in.
Re: Justice Ayo Salami Reinstated As President Of Court Of Appeal? by JLINKD: 6:56pm On May 10, 2012
he was recalled in a hotly contested meeting, 10 voted for him with 8 against his recall.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Over 1500 Niger Delta Militants To Surrender Arms To Fed Gov / 3050mw Mambila Hydro-Power Project At Gembu In Taraba Set To Take Off / National Assembly Holds Breakfast In Abuja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.