Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,667 members, 7,801,927 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:08 AM

Netfirms! Releasing Domain For Registration! Any Experience! Pls Help - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Netfirms! Releasing Domain For Registration! Any Experience! Pls Help (1468 Views)

Any Experience With OVH VPS? / Anyone With Any Experience Of An Online E-commerce Site Please Comment / Any Experience With Searchportal.information.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Netfirms! Releasing Domain For Registration! Any Experience! Pls Help by Seton(m): 4:22pm On May 10, 2012
Pls how long does netfirms hold an expired domain for it to be registered?

I client's domain which was registered sometime in February 2010. After trying to renew the domain without success, i decided to wait till when it would be released but, up till this moment, the domain is still not after available registration. I have waited for more than 80 days now without any success. And anytime i look it up in who.is it returns that it expired on feb 2013. Can any body with this experience in netfirms help me. Thks.
Re: Netfirms! Releasing Domain For Registration! Any Experience! Pls Help by yamakuza: 6:00pm On May 10, 2012
Someone else must have registered it ahead of you.
Re: Netfirms! Releasing Domain For Registration! Any Experience! Pls Help by Seton(m): 7:17am On May 12, 2012
yamakuza: Someone else must have registered it ahead of you.
Re: Netfirms! Releasing Domain For Registration! Any Experience! Pls Help by Seton(m): 7:19am On May 12, 2012
@yamakuza, thks.
I discovered the domain is being packed now with MDNSSERVICE.COM
Re: Netfirms! Releasing Domain For Registration! Any Experience! Pls Help by blater500(m): 8:51am On May 12, 2012
you have to apply for restoration in any of reliable hosting firm.you can restore your old domain name back to normal in www.cpanelhostng.com for inquire call 0806338683408127381844.
Re: Netfirms! Releasing Domain For Registration! Any Experience! Pls Help by mavintick: 12:13pm On May 12, 2012
@seton hang in there, u are almost there. the domain will be deleted in 90 days.
Re: Netfirms! Releasing Domain For Registration! Any Experience! Pls Help by yamakuza: 12:19pm On May 12, 2012
mavintick: @seton hang in there, u are almost there. the domain will be deleted in 90 days.

^ since feb 2011 ?

Op, whats the domain name?
Re: Netfirms! Releasing Domain For Registration! Any Experience! Pls Help by mavintick: 1:07pm On May 12, 2012
Seton: Pls how long does netfirms hold an expired domain for it to be registered?

I client's domain which was registered sometime in February 2010. After trying to renew the domain without success, i decided to wait till when it would be released but, up till this moment, the domain is still not after available registration. I have waited for more than 80 days now without any success. And anytime i look it up in who.is it returns that it expired on feb 2013. Can any body with this experience in netfirms help me. Thks.
Have used for year and in exactly 90 days the domain will be deleted if it still reside with them.

yamakuza:

^ since feb 2011 ?

Op, whats the domain name?
Word of advise: try not to post the domain here.
Re: Netfirms! Releasing Domain For Registration! Any Experience! Pls Help by Seton(m): 2:18pm On May 12, 2012
@ mavintick thks. i know well that i cannot post the domain here.
@ yama, the domain expired feb 23 2012,
am still waiting, to have it back,
from my research no one else has registered it, just want to know whether a registrar will renew a domain and park it
Re: Netfirms! Releasing Domain For Registration! Any Experience! Pls Help by yamakuza: 3:39pm On May 12, 2012
Seton: @ mavintick thks. i know well that i cannot post the domain here.
@ yama, the domain expired feb 23 2012,
am still waiting, to have it back,
from my research no one else has registered it, just want to know whether a registrar will renew a domain and park it

ok. Your 2010 date was misleading.
Re: Netfirms! Releasing Domain For Registration! Any Experience! Pls Help by DualCore1: 6:44pm On May 12, 2012
When your domain is about to expire some registrar's renew it for an additional year hoping you will renew within the renewal period and if you don't renew it within the renewal period they hope you will renew it within the redemption period.

Renewal within the renewal period attracts no added fee. Renewal during the redemption period attracts a renewal fee of about 200-300 USD.

In the case of domains who operate as I have stated above, there is nothing like a releasing of that domain. As far as ICANN is concerned the domain is actively running.

You should only be waiting for a domain to be released within 3 months from its expiry date and its expiry date is not what your registrar tell you in your domain management panel. The expiry date is what you see on the public WHOIS record of the domain.

Domains are usually released about a couple of months after its expiry.
Re: Netfirms! Releasing Domain For Registration! Any Experience! Pls Help by mavintick: 6:57pm On May 12, 2012
Dude, not all registrar charge 200-300 usd for renewal within redemption period and according to @seton he is still within the 90 days in which netfirms do retain domains that are not renewed. like i said have been using netfirms for years before we became a sub-registrar ourself so i know those guys like the back of my hand in 90 days exactly that domain will be released.
Dual Core:
Renewal within the renewal period attracts no added fee. Renewal during the redemption period attracts a renewal fee of about 200-300 USD.
Re: Netfirms! Releasing Domain For Registration! Any Experience! Pls Help by DualCore1: 9:03pm On May 12, 2012
mavintick: Dude, not all registrar charge 200-300 usd for renewal within redemption period and according to @seton he is still within the 90 days in which netfirms do retain domains that are not renewed. like i said have been using netfirms for years before we became a sub-registrar ourself so i know those guys like the back of my hand in 90 days exactly that domain will be released.
My humble appeal to everyone on this forum. When you are quoting my posts please do so in its entirety as I make posts that are mostly broken down into paragraphs that are interlinked.

You pick out a paragraph in the middle of my post and dwell on wrongly when an excerpt from my first paragraph clearly states the following?
Dual Core: When your domain is about to expire some registrars

To be very specific, Netfirms charges 135 USD + the amount of the renewal, to get your domain back from a registrar within the redemption period. So if you know them as much as you claim you do I don't see why you will say what you have said above. I am not here to talk about Netfirms alone, I am here to share a general experience.
Re: Netfirms! Releasing Domain For Registration! Any Experience! Pls Help by Seton(m): 8:40am On May 14, 2012
thank you very much folks
@mavintick, what are rqts for being netfirms sub-registrar

(1) (Reply)

Using ORON Cyberlocker? Backup Your Data Fast Or Lose It / Www.myogaatthetop.com Live Check It Out / Final Year Web Development Project: Help Needed Please.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.