Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,785 members, 7,806,177 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:30 PM

GLO Wins Telecoms Operator Of The Year Award - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / GLO Wins Telecoms Operator Of The Year Award (6001 Views)

Telecoms Operators Threaten To Shut Down Operations In Six States / NCC Withdraws ‘data Floor Price’ For Telecoms Operators / Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

GLO Wins Telecoms Operator Of The Year Award by mukina2: 5:06pm On May 10, 2012

Globacom emerged Telecoms Operator of the Year at the Beacon of ICT (BoICT) Awards, where it also took home two other awards for its sterling performance in the telecoms sector.
Head of Glo 1 Enterprise Solution, Folu Aderibigbe, receiving the Submarine Cable Company of the Year Award from Keynote Speaker at BoICT and CEO of OR System of France, Jean-Luc Fort.

At the award ceremony which was held at Eko Hotel & Suites, Victoria Island, Lagos, Globacom won the Telecoms Operator of the Year, Submarine Cable Company of the Year for Glo 1, and the Best Promotion of the Year for Text4millions promo.

Nwogbo explained that the Telecom Operator of the Year award was given to Glo as a recognition of “Glo Mobile’s unparalleled achievements and for variously impressing with its ability to reinvent the wheel, for breathing life into fixed line service with Glo Broadaccess, for providing sufficient bandwidth for economic prosperity through Glo 1 and for helping the realization of government’s cashless policy through Glo Text Cash (mobile money ), amongst other initiatives.”

http://www.gloworld.com/latestnews2.asp

2 Likes

Re: GLO Wins Telecoms Operator Of The Year Award by Okijajuju1(m): 5:10pm On May 10, 2012
Im not surprised... Afterall Rigim and Bankole won awards in this country!!

1 Like

Re: GLO Wins Telecoms Operator Of The Year Award by mkmyers45(m): 5:11pm On May 10, 2012
Who gave the award?
Re: GLO Wins Telecoms Operator Of The Year Award by mkmyers45(m): 5:12pm On May 10, 2012
Okija_juju: Im not surprised... Afterall Rigim and Bankole won awards in this country!!
grin grin grin
Re: GLO Wins Telecoms Operator Of The Year Award by Goldenheart(m): 5:13pm On May 10, 2012
congratulations GLO....
Re: GLO Wins Telecoms Operator Of The Year Award by Nobody: 5:25pm On May 10, 2012
anybody saw d way that black folu guy is holding d oyibo hand, he does'nt want to let go! Dis must be picture of his lifetime. Feeling like soyinka recieving nobel award.
Re: GLO Wins Telecoms Operator Of The Year Award by amosy007: 5:28pm On May 10, 2012
okay now... Not bad... Glo deserve it
Re: GLO Wins Telecoms Operator Of The Year Award by Ournaija: 5:31pm On May 10, 2012
How come?
Re: GLO Wins Telecoms Operator Of The Year Award by ziccoit: 5:37pm On May 10, 2012
irongate jnr: anybody saw d way that black folu guy is holding d oyibo hand, he does'nt want to let go! Dis must be picture of his lifetime. Feeling like soyinka recieving nobel award.

Why the embolden part? sad sad angry sad
Re: GLO Wins Telecoms Operator Of The Year Award by 1025: 5:44pm On May 10, 2012
in nigeria jonathan gave award to the worst Inspector general of police in the history of this country and sacked him months later so why won't a non or partial existing telecommunication win an award.
if i am a pdp loyalist, i can win the best president-to-be but we only have problems when the judges are not compromised.
look at jonathan loosing election to the president of benin republic. what if it is the president of south africa? look at okonjo iweala falling like a bag of garri.
in all, i was wondering if jega what will happen if the same elections were conducted by our own jega. i can bet my life that if jega conduct any election between jonathan and obama, our own joe will win any day any time.
glo u won but don't forget, u won the nigerian way of free and fair.

1 Like

Re: GLO Wins Telecoms Operator Of The Year Award by Nobody: 6:11pm On May 10, 2012
Re: GLO Wins Telecoms Operator Of The Year Award by slimchimex(m): 6:15pm On May 10, 2012
1025: in nigeria jonathan gave award to the worst Inspector general of police in the history of this country and sacked him months later so why won't a non or partial existing telecommunication win an award.
if i am a pdp loyalist, i can win the best president-to-be but we only have problems when the judges are not compromised.
look at jonathan loosing election to the president of benin republic. what if it is the president of south africa? look at okonjo iweala falling like a bag of garri.
in all, i was wondering if jega what will happen if the same elections were conducted by our own jega. i can bet my life that if jega conduct any election between jonathan and obama, our own joe will win any day any time.
glo u won but don't forget, u won the nigerian way of free and fair.
big fool,whc network do u use...beta go n buy glo n enjoy N7.50k/min for internatnl calls,N3/min glo 2 glo,N12/min to oda networks....
Re: GLO Wins Telecoms Operator Of The Year Award by MrGlobe(m): 6:16pm On May 10, 2012
Lol. Anybody still take Nigerian awards seriously? Even if Glo like let them win a nobel prize. Am not using! Sorry! I know better.
Re: GLO Wins Telecoms Operator Of The Year Award by eherbal(m): 6:23pm On May 10, 2012
Okija_juju: Im not surprised... Afterall Rigim and Bankole won awards in this country!!
I'm FORCED to agree with You
Re: GLO Wins Telecoms Operator Of The Year Award by Latems(m): 6:28pm On May 10, 2012
This is a well deserved award for Glo for blazing the trail in so many area.
Re: GLO Wins Telecoms Operator Of The Year Award by polokor60(m): 6:30pm On May 10, 2012
slimchimex: big fool,whc network do u use...beta go n buy glo n enjoy N7.50k/min for internatnl calls,N3/min glo 2 glo,N12/min to oda networks....
just like that what about the hidden charges or daily charges.glo is the cheapest network around but i don know about this your package ooo.anyway rule your world
Re: GLO Wins Telecoms Operator Of The Year Award by Engineer96(m): 6:52pm On May 10, 2012
This can not be true.
By the way, which organisation gave the award? A non-recognized organisation. Maybe, the company has been bought or partially bought or given some Ghana-Go-Bags.
As somebody rightly observed, glo is partially existing.
We are in Naija where everything is possible with your Ghana must go bag and luckily for them, Adenuga is a Nigerian and so, he knows how to play the game.
Sorry glo, you did not merit the award so don't celebrate it.
Re: GLO Wins Telecoms Operator Of The Year Award by dmainboss: 7:31pm On May 10, 2012
Engineer96: This can not be true.
By the way, which organisation gave the award? A non-recognized organisation. Maybe, the company has been bought or partially bought or given some Ghana-Go-Bags.
As somebody rightly observed, glo is partially existing.
We are in Naija where everything is possible with your Ghana must go bag and luckily for them, Adenuga is a Nigerian and so, he knows how to play the game.
Sorry glo, you did not merit the award so don't celebrate it.

Dont see why this should turn into an ugly fight. Doesnt matter who gave the award. I have all the networks and travel round the country from time to time and Glo is the best network. I dont know which other network some of you think should take the award and why. Glo has the best 3G distribution around the country and the fastest Internet. I browsed on my Glo bb with 3G all the way from Asaba to Lagos. Not even MTn could give me such 3G coverage. In terms of customer service, I think Airtel is best. MTN really sucks. They dont even have good 3G in many parts of Lagos and they are supposed to be the biggest network.

1 Like

Re: GLO Wins Telecoms Operator Of The Year Award by edub45(m): 7:35pm On May 10, 2012
where is etibaby?![color=#990000][/color]
Re: GLO Wins Telecoms Operator Of The Year Award by Exponental(m): 7:51pm On May 10, 2012
slimchimex: big fool,whc network do u use...beta go n buy glo n enjoy N7.50k/min for internatnl calls,N3/min glo 2 glo,N12/min to oda networks....
guy, wat package is ds.....ja mi sii.
Leave those ignoramus, even my pal wey dey work 4 mtn, if d free credit dem giv am finish, na cross 2 glo chapchap.
As 4 those dat feel glo dont deserve, wat has mtn done 4 u?
Re: GLO Wins Telecoms Operator Of The Year Award by Rockstate: 8:24pm On May 10, 2012
Where is the award rather gLo-PDP give starcomms
Re: GLO Wins Telecoms Operator Of The Year Award by cindyrella(f): 8:24pm On May 10, 2012
Where etisalat and airtel dey??
Re: GLO Wins Telecoms Operator Of The Year Award by timilehin007(m): 8:25pm On May 10, 2012
I dnt know the criterias you guys used to jugde that make you think they dnt deserve it BU̶̲̥̅̊τ̅ Fø̲̣̣я̅ M̶̲̥̅ε̲̣̣̣̥ D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥y deserves it Fø̲̣̣я̅ obvious reasons. I was forced to damaged two Sims (Etisalat and Mtn registerd) cux Τ̣̣ђё moment i tested Glo God i tripped and ever since and i sees every reasons why I would give them Τ̣̣ђё award in 2,3 years ahead again. the best to make calls with and the best to browse with either with BB or phone even on computers. I give it to them. Congrat Globacom, you rocks !!!
Re: GLO Wins Telecoms Operator Of The Year Award by djeezy(m): 9:26pm On May 10, 2012
Congrats to glo. Buh i don't like the network that much. I wonder how they merited the award.
Re: GLO Wins Telecoms Operator Of The Year Award by bayusman: 9:47pm On May 10, 2012
Yes
Re: GLO Wins Telecoms Operator Of The Year Award by sylve11: 10:27pm On May 10, 2012
Glo internet services is the best in Naija. make una carry go. cool

1 Like

Re: GLO Wins Telecoms Operator Of The Year Award by WhoIGoAsk: 10:30pm On May 10, 2012
nice one
Re: GLO Wins Telecoms Operator Of The Year Award by chelseabmw(m): 11:05pm On May 10, 2012
shocked shocked shocked shocked

Glo Rocks.......We are the best
Re: GLO Wins Telecoms Operator Of The Year Award by KokoBeware: 11:08pm On May 10, 2012
The only thing saving MTN is this unified number thing that the house have not agreed on Nd am sure they have a hand in it..... Once u are able to retain your number on any network, we'll see how Mtn will loose customers drastically.

If its only for the Glo 1 sef Glo definitely deserves it
Re: GLO Wins Telecoms Operator Of The Year Award by bright007(f): 11:50pm On May 10, 2012
Switching over to glo immediately!

(1) (2) (Reply)

5k For Anyone That Do This / How To Transfer Files Between An Android And Iphone Device / Whatsapp Plus V6.55

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.