Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,338 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:32 AM

Globacom Technical Interview. Advice Needed. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Globacom Technical Interview. Advice Needed. (12380 Views)

Interview Advice / General Interview Advice: Things you should Know / Interview Advice: Good Ways To Market Computer Hardware And Computers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Globacom Technical Interview. Advice Needed. by Nobody: 5:16pm On May 10, 2012
I just received a text inviting me for a technical interview on Saturday, 12th May, 2012 at 2pm at Globacom VI office. If you also got an invitation or you've got some experience to share, please kindly post them here. Thanx

2 Likes

Re: Globacom Technical Interview. Advice Needed. by twaintoy(f): 8:27pm On May 12, 2012
Plz, how did you apply?
Re: Globacom Technical Interview. Advice Needed. by Nobody: 10:33am On Jun 01, 2012
twaintoy: Plz, how did you apply?

Just post a hard copy of your CV to the VI office.
Re: Globacom Technical Interview. Advice Needed. by olawuyitoba(m): 8:00pm On Jul 18, 2012
Hello hv u been called for another stage interview after the one u did?cos mine was for rollout on the 8th of june still waiting to hear from them!
Re: Globacom Technical Interview. Advice Needed. by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jul 22, 2012
olawuyitoba: Hello hv u been called for another stage interview after the one u did?cos mine was for rollout on the 8th of june still waiting to hear from them!

Yeah, the second interview was on 26th June.

1 Like

Re: Globacom Technical Interview. Advice Needed. by olawuyitoba(m): 10:32pm On Jul 23, 2012
1Supremo,sup bro name is toba!was it th ED-HR u saw named sangowawa?waiting to hear frm u,all the best bro!!
Re: Globacom Technical Interview. Advice Needed. by Nobody: 10:51pm On Jul 23, 2012
olawuyitoba: 1Supremo,sup bro name is toba!was it th ED-HR u saw named sangowawa?[/b]waiting to hear frm u,all the best bro!!
I don't understand what the emboldened text means.
Re: Globacom Technical Interview. Advice Needed. by olawuyitoba(m): 12:25am On Jul 24, 2012
I mearn't fr d second interview which u had on the 26 of june was it with the head of technical or the HR?n wat where d questions asked?thanks
Re: Globacom Technical Interview. Advice Needed. by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jul 24, 2012
The interview was conducted at the HR building by the head of HR. We were told to come to the venue with the original copies of our credentials for verification, as well as a passport-sized photo and an evidence of salary from previous employment.
The moment we got there, we were given a one-page form to fill. The completed forms were taken to the head of HR before we were invited one-person-at-a-time to his office.
When I got in, he asked me to introduce myself, stating my educational background and work experience. He later asked "What can you do for Glo?," he wasn't actually listening to my response to his question- he was going through the form I had filled. The form contained all that he needed to know about me and the salary I'd take. It was less than two minutes and the atmosphere was cozy.
Re: Globacom Technical Interview. Advice Needed. by DonaldGenes(m): 2:59pm On Jul 24, 2012
Wow! And what was ua proportional response
Re: Globacom Technical Interview. Advice Needed. by olawuyitoba(m): 3:27pm On Jul 24, 2012
Hello supremo!that was indeed,datailed clear and vivid.tanks a lot and congrats at the same time cos at this stage it shows that they are very interested in you!I think that is the same stage am waiting for.hope the on the form u filled in the form was ok?pls pray for me too o!!we shall all meet at the top!
Re: Globacom Technical Interview. Advice Needed. by olawuyitoba(m): 3:52pm On Jul 24, 2012
One more thing supremo!sorry what was the pay like cos I knw the salary expectations is in ranges,wat was it like?regards!paulo!!waiting to hear from you.
Re: Globacom Technical Interview. Advice Needed. by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jul 24, 2012
olawuyitoba: One more thing supremo!sorry what was the pay like cos I knw the salary expectations is in ranges,wat was it like?regards!paulo!!waiting to hear from you.

For entry level(No previous cognate work experience or fresh graduate) we were told to write 1.5 million per annum, where the expected remuneration was required in the form. Others were free to write anything, but they had to also attach copies of evidences of their salary from their last employment.
Re: Globacom Technical Interview. Advice Needed. by olawuyitoba(m): 5:51pm On Jul 24, 2012
Hello u hv been of great help to me thanks for the info!all d best,that's a good start!pls keep me posted one love!!!
Re: Globacom Technical Interview. Advice Needed. by olawuyitoba(m): 5:26pm On Aug 10, 2012
Supremo whatz up it's been quite some days name is paulo!watz up with ur technical interview stuff with globacom hv u heard anything from them since the last interview u had with the HR ?as for me hv heard nothing frm them and am still waiting patiently to hear frm them!
Re: Globacom Technical Interview. Advice Needed. by Nobody: 12:09am On Aug 12, 2012
olawuyitoba: Supremo whatz up it's been quite some days name is paulo!watz up with ur technical interview stuff with globacom [b]hv u heard anything from them since the last interview u had with the HR ?[/b]as for me hv heard nothing frm them and am still waiting patiently to hear frm them!
NO
Re: Globacom Technical Interview. Advice Needed. by Vergil: 2:44pm On Aug 14, 2012
So how do you answer that question? "What can you do for Glo?".

Curious
Re: Globacom Technical Interview. Advice Needed. by olawuyitoba(m): 8:24pm On Aug 14, 2012
Vergil the response u hv to give is dependent on the dept u are called for in d company!ur response has to be in line to what they need ur service for that's very important!
Re: Globacom Technical Interview. Advice Needed. by Nobody: 10:15pm On Aug 14, 2012
Vergil: So how do you answer that question? "What can you do for Glo?".

Curious
I only said what I already had on my CV and further stated that the privilege of relating with experts on-the-job at Globacom would help me garner more skills for increased efficiency.
Re: Globacom Technical Interview. Advice Needed. by olawuyitoba(m): 12:36am On Aug 16, 2012
When did u hv ur interview?and what department were u called for??

1 Like

Re: Globacom Technical Interview. Advice Needed. by Nobody: 6:03pm On Nov 04, 2012
olawuyitoba: Supremo whatz up it's been quite some days name is paulo!watz up with ur technical interview stuff with globacom hv u heard anything from them since the last interview u had with the HR ?

I went for the final interview on Monday, 22nd October.
Re: Globacom Technical Interview. Advice Needed. by chidexCORP: 5:14pm On Dec 05, 2012
1supremo:

I went for the final interview on Monday, 22nd October.

pls 1supremo, i need ur help, i just got a text message to come for a TECHNICAL INTERVIEW tomoro, pls how was ur first interview like
Re: Globacom Technical Interview. Advice Needed. by Nobody: 10:13pm On Dec 05, 2012
chidexCORP:

pls 1supremo, i need ur help, i just got a text message to come for a TECHNICAL INTERVIEW tomoro, pls how was ur first interview like
It was conducted by the Chief Technical Officer (An Indian) in his office. If you have previous work experience in the telecommunications industry, your interview will just be a chat on some stuff you did before, but if you are a recent graduate (especially one who taught in a secondary school during the NYSC), expect questions on Electrostatics and maybe some secondary school Physics stuff. I wish you the best. Just stay confident!
Re: Globacom Technical Interview. Advice Needed. by Nobody: 6:49pm On Dec 06, 2012
chidexCORP:

How did it go today?
Re: Globacom Technical Interview. Advice Needed. by chidexCORP: 4:32am On Dec 07, 2012
1supremo:
How did it go today?

thanks bro for your help and concern, i appreciate it. it was just as u said, random question from different areas where also asked. it went well although i forgot some things, i just pray for a call back. are u currently working there??
Re: Globacom Technical Interview. Advice Needed. by Nobody: 5:30pm On Dec 07, 2012
chidexCORP:

thanks bro for your help and concern, i appreciate it. it was just as u said, random question from different areas where also asked. it went well although i forgot some things, i just pray for a call back. are u currently working there??

Was it conducted by the CTO himself? Never mind the fact that you couldn't answer all the questions to you own satisfaction. I also forgot some things, but in the end I always got the right answers; the final question I was asked was, "You only give me correct answers after I have given you some clues, why should I hire you?" My response was a combination of silence and a smiling visage. They only want smart people in the establishment. You'll very likely get another invite for the second interview stage soon. Keep hoping and praying. (They've been recruiting massively since last month: I mean MASSIVELY!!)
Re: Globacom Technical Interview. Advice Needed. by chidexCORP: 11:42pm On Dec 07, 2012
1supremo:

Was it conducted by the CTO himself? Never mind the fact that you couldn't answer all the questions to you own satisfaction. I also forgot some things, but in the end I always got the right answers; the final question I was asked was, "You only give me correct answers after I have given you some clues, why should I hire you?" My response was a combination of silence and a smiling visage. They only want smart people in the establishment. You'll very likely get another invite for the second interview stage soon. Keep hoping and praying. (They've been recruiting massively since last month: I mean MASSIVELY!!)

ok, tanks. i dont know who the CTO is? but the guy that conducted the interview was a fair nigerian guy
Re: Globacom Technical Interview. Advice Needed. by Nobody: 2:16am On Dec 08, 2012
chidexCORP: ok, tanks. i dont know who the CTO is? but the guy that conducted the interview was a fair nigerian guy

Okay, I know who it is.
Re: Globacom Technical Interview. Advice Needed. by tyoseni(m): 4:19pm On Dec 08, 2012
@1Supremo, I am an experience telecom engineer, can I still drop my cv as I learnt that they are only accepting cv from customer care rep.
Re: Globacom Technical Interview. Advice Needed. by Nobody: 6:47pm On Dec 08, 2012
tyoseni: @1Supremo, I am an experience telecom engineer, can I still drop my cv as I learnt that they are only accepting cv from customer care rep.
I know for a fact that interviews are currently being conducted for Technical positions (experienced and MTs). Drop your CV by all means.
Re: Globacom Technical Interview. Advice Needed. by Sanmexy(m): 10:39pm On Dec 08, 2012
Pls. Can I drop my cv on line or go 2 their office?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Immediate Employment - More Than 13 Vacancies In Bayelsa State, Nigeria / Should The Boss Inform His Staff Of A Potential Sale? / Npower Test Timetable 2017 | Full Assessment Details

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.