Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,253 members, 7,807,863 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:58 PM

Pls I Need Your Advise Nairalanders. What Do I Do? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Pls I Need Your Advise Nairalanders. What Do I Do? (1151 Views)

Nairalanders,what Did You Do Yesterday To Celebrate 'love'? / Am In Trouble ..see What This Girl Send To Me . ..i Need Your Advise / Meet The Romance Section Nairalanders (what You Think About Others) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls I Need Your Advise Nairalanders. What Do I Do? by jenny2007(f): 6:02pm On May 10, 2012
My bf and I have been together for almost a year now. He is good man and very generous. I've never had to ask him for anything because he just gives me without me even asking. Its like he just picks up on things that I need and just gives them to me when I don't expect it. I'm not a materialistic person myself though.
Recently I planned to travel abroad for a short break. I asked my bf to assist me with my ticket fare and, surprisingly, he refused. He didn't say actually no but he just kept ignoring my request though it was my first time of ever asking him for money. I decided not to ask him for the ticket fare and applied for my leave allowance which I used to pay for my trip. However, my initial plan was get my man to pay for the air fare while I use my leave allowance on hotel bills, shopping for family and friends, transport etc (my BTA). Anyway, I traveled and had to cut my trip short by a week because I had little money on me. I came back to nigeria and my man has been ignoring me ever since.
When we do talk he does not speak much and gives me only one word answers. Few days ago he finally told me that 'I betrayed him'. Knowing him well, I know that he believes that I probably traveled out with a man or that I collected the air fare from someone else. He is a very jealous type.
My question is how do I get him to open up to me on this issue and how do I prove to him that I sponsored my trip all by myself after he ignored my request. We are in a distance relationship but see each other twice every month.

1 Like

Re: Pls I Need Your Advise Nairalanders. What Do I Do? by Dyt(f): 6:08pm On May 10, 2012
Explain 2 him as u v jst explained ere
Re: Pls I Need Your Advise Nairalanders. What Do I Do? by Idowuogbo(f): 6:25pm On May 10, 2012
Print dis post and post it to him. Na only u no wia d shoe dey pain u o!
Re: Pls I Need Your Advise Nairalanders. What Do I Do? by Nobody: 7:02pm On May 10, 2012
jenny2007: My bf and I have been together for almost a year now. He is good man and very generous. I've never had to ask him for anything because he just gives me without me even asking. Its like he just picks up on things that I need and just gives them to me when I don't expect it. I'm not a materialistic person myself though.
Recently I planned to travel abroad for a short break. I asked my bf to assist me with my ticket fare and, surprisingly, he refused. He didn't say actually no but he just kept ignoring my request though it was my first time of ever asking him for money. I decided not to ask him for the ticket fare and applied for my leave allowance which I used to pay for my trip. However, my initial plan was get my man to pay for the air fare while I use my leave allowance on hotel bills, shopping for family and friends, transport etc (my BTA). Anyway, I traveled and had to cut my trip short by a week because I had little money on me. I came back to nigeria and my man has been ignoring me ever since.
When we do talk he does not speak much and gives me only one word answers. Few days ago he finally told me that 'I betrayed him'. Knowing him well, I know that he believes that I probably traveled out with a man or that I collected the air fare from someone else. He is a very jealous type.
My question is how do I get him to open up to me on this issue and how do I prove to him that I sponsored my trip all by myself after he ignored my request. We are in a distance relationship but see each other twice every month.

y didn't u tell him that u want him 2 to go on a vacation trip with u & see his answer first b4 asking for ticket? y must u, a single lady that is in a serious committed relationship go on a trip abroad to lodge in a hotel alone, without ur partner accompanying u? not all men will condone that, especially a man that truly loves u wont be Happy or at peace cos he knows the dangers possible; he knows the possibility of u (a single lady alone on a foreign land, in a hotel alone) falling prey to some desperate guys over there? so don't dispute his fears, just try & convince him, but next time, dnt act too selfish, cos it makes men to dislike u! Goodluck.
Re: Pls I Need Your Advise Nairalanders. What Do I Do? by jenny2007(f): 10:19pm On May 10, 2012
Thanks for your replys. @dailynews, I appreciate your contribution. However I disagree with the fact that a single woman in a committed relatonship isn't supposed to travel alone without her partner. First of all, I'm an adult and can travel alone. Its like I even hid the trip from him cos he knew about it but maybe just didn't want me to go. I have my own career and life apart from my relationship and even though my leave allowance isn't that much, at least I could manage it on my trip by serious curtailing my expenses. I don't think that a woman should sit and wait for a man to 'help' her by spending money on her that's why I decided to pay for the trip myself despite my bf disappointing me about the air fare. I would never have even considered canceling my planned trip becos he didn't give me the money so I stepped up and paid my own bill. What I do not understand now is why he would be upset about it. God knows how hard I worked to get my office to approve the money for the trip and that I never cheated on him on the trip.
Re: Pls I Need Your Advise Nairalanders. What Do I Do? by Nobody: 11:08pm On May 10, 2012
jenny2007: Thanks for your replys. @dailynews, I appreciate your contribution. However I disagree with the fact that a single woman in a committed relatonship isn't supposed to travel alone without her partner. First of all, I'm an adult and can travel alone. Its like I even hid the trip from him cos he knew about it but maybe just didn't want me to go. I have my own career and life apart from my relationship and even though my leave allowance isn't that much, at least I could manage it on my trip by serious curtailing my expenses. I don't think that a woman should sit and wait for a man to 'help' her by spending money on her that's why I decided to pay for the trip myself despite my bf disappointing me about the air fare. I would never have even considered canceling my planned trip becos he didn't give me the money so I stepped up and paid my own bill. What I do not understand now is why he would be upset about it. God knows how hard I worked to get my office to approve the money for the trip and that I never cheated on him on the trip.

You are welcome dear, but then, I am telling you this as a man too...we do think that way whether u see it right or not, thats what makes us men...except he is assured that u are vir...and still came back assuring him that u are...else, it requires absolute trust especially after witnessing what majority of single career ladies do when on vac...abroad either in the name of: massage therapy, etc, etc...just believe me, with the level of ill behaviors displayed by majority of nigerian singles, especially the ladies, men now find it so difficult to trust ladies so easily even in marriages, which is y we now witness more divorce marriages and unhappy relationships more than in the past. so to make ur self stand out as a lady, don't follow the crowd, don't practice the traditional things unless u are planning to live a single life...or to be in a lovelorn....meanwhile, try thinking like men nowadays while acting like a lady u are. u mustn't always be in the right...sometimes act foolish & let him take advantage of u in issues like this- what do I mean? u shud have forgotten that ideology of I AM A SINGLE LADY & SHOULD HAVE MY OWN LIFE ASIDE MY PARTNER...Remember, most ladies that sticks to this always end up single for live, some end up with the wrong men...and u can witness more of this in the western nations, which is where we are copying some of these norms, thereby conflicting them with our own that supports family & marital life more strongly. Don't let western practice ruin your romantic life or marriage or relationship, sometimes allow the man to take little advantage of u by letting him exercise certain immunities. peace!

(1) (Reply)

My Urge 4 Girls / He Is About 40 Yet Can't Find A Wife. / Why some Nigerian Ladies End Up Single For Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.