Stats: 3,150,153 members, 7,807,512 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:32 PM

Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian (39607 Views)

10 Practical Ways To Battle Sexual Temptation In A Christian's Life / Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell / What If Obama Is The Anti-Christ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by thehomer: 10:41pm On May 14, 2012
Ptolomeus:

Dear friend:
(Speak softly, because the CIA can learn, but he is actually the new Bin Laden's secret personality. Has infiltrated into the forum to haunt us with their posts)

wink wink

Oh. In that case, one must be cautious in responding to OLAADEGBU. I hope he isn't a secret spy of the Obama administration.
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:48am On May 15, 2012
thehomer:

Oh. In that case, one must be cautious in responding to OLAADEGBU. I hope he isn't a secret spy of the Obama administration.

The fear of Obama is the beginning of all foolishness. Does this not tell us how the antichrist will operate after the rapture?
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:13am On May 15, 2012
thehomer:

Which of his policies and utterances shows that he doesn't perform them?

This videoclip summarises what Obama stands for and shows that a tree is known by its fruits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyGkaXwXDY0
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by thehomer: 10:18am On May 15, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

This videoclip summarises what Obama stands for and shows that a tree is known by its fruits.

What were the problems you noticed in the video?
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by thehomer: 10:19am On May 15, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

The fear of Obama is the beginning of all foolishness. Does this not tell us how the antichrist will operate after the rapture?

Ah so fearing Obama is foolishness? Are you afraid of Obama? Is he the antichrist?
When is the rapture going to occur?
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:31am On May 15, 2012
thehomer:

Ah so fearing Obama is foolishness? Are you afraid of Obama? Is he the antichrist?
When is the rapture going to occur?

You are the one who is afraid of Obama as you think that he is the big brother watching what you say or do.
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:33am On May 15, 2012
thehomer:

What were the problems you noticed in the video?

What problem didn't you see in the videoclip?
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:15am On May 15, 2012
Watch the second reason why Obama is not a Christian. He does not believe in the authority of the Bible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHlelAui5fs

Obama said:

"Now this is going to be difficult for some who believe in the inerrancy of the Bible as many evangelicals do"

He went on to disparage and denegrade the Scriptures in a very cynical way. He denies the Bible and its clear moral teachings.

Whose report do you believe? Obama's or the Lord's?
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by PastorAIO: 12:18pm On May 15, 2012
Did St. Paul believe in the Authority of the bible? What about John the Baptist?
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by PastorAIO: 12:25pm On May 15, 2012
OLAADEGBU: Watch the second reason why Obama is not a Christian. He does not believe in the authority of the Bible.

Obama said:

"Now this is going to be difficult for some who believe in the inerrancy of the Bible as many evangelicals do"

He went on to disparage and denegrade the Scriptures in a very cynical way. He denies the Bible and its clear moral teachings.

This Don Hamer is talking nonsense!!

Simple question. What came first Christianity or the bible?

If christianity existed centuries before the bible then how can 'all christians confess that the bible is God's inspired and infallible word and the christians final authority of faith and practice'.

This just demonstrates how lost some self acclaimed christians are.
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by PastorAIO: 12:35pm On May 15, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

Okay, first and foremost this exposes the maker of this video as a liar. No body got arrested for Praying. That's a lie.

Did you miss the part that says that they were doing it in a restricted area? Even if they were not praying, if they were, say, having a picnic on the restricted area, they would still get arrested. What makes evangelicals feel that they can force their religion on other people, that security measures don't apply to them, that restricted areas don't apply to them, that 'if the president won't come to pray then they will take prayer to him', where did they get this demonic arrogance from?

What makes them feel that they can block lagos-ibadan express way at whim, what makes them feel that it is okay to blare their prayers and church services into the neighbourhood from giant loudspeakers.

What makes them think that they have a right to ignore these scriptures:

"And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full.
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by Yornandrew: 12:45pm On May 15, 2012
No comments
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by PastorAIO: 12:53pm On May 15, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

To be a Christian means to be a disciple (i.e., a "learner" or "follower" ) of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Being a Christian is not a new label: It is a new life. The word ‘Christian’ first occurred in the New Testament. It was not in the Old Testament. "The disciples were called Christians first in Antioch" (Acts11:26). From the first use of a word, the true meaning and significance of the word become clear. Disciples were called Christians.

'Disciple' is a prominent word in the New Testament. It did not have any place in the Jewish Religion. One of the disciples in Antioch referred to as a Christian was in Jewish religion (Galatians 1:13) before he became a Christian. Living by the Mosiac code of "ordinance, touch not, taste not, handle not," the ceremonial washing in holy water is ignorance of true discipleship and Christianity. Christianity centres on Jesus Christ - His love, life and light. A Christian therefore is the person who lives the life of Christ as revealed in the New Testament.

Things like' Christian is not a new label, it is a new life' is part of the nonsense empty soundbites that one gets used to hearing frequently from the mouths of bloviates.

As a disciple of christ what is the discipline that you are undergoing. What are you learning? Were the disciples of John the baptist jewish disciples or christian disciples. What was Elisha to Elijah? Since when was christianity a different religion from Judaism. Certainly not in the time of Jesus or in the time of any of his apostles.

If the 'ceremonial washing in holy water is ignorance' then where does that place Baptism as a christian rite? Was John ignorant to baptise people, were Jesus' disciples ignorant to baptise people?
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by thehomer: 1:02pm On May 15, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

You are the one who is afraid of Obama as you think that he is the big brother watching what you say or do.

If I were afraid, I'll probably be doing what you're doing right now. Now please can you tell us how the Antichrist will operate and when the rapture is to occur.
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by thehomer: 1:02pm On May 15, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

What problem didn't you see in the videoclip?

I didn't see a problem that is why I wondered why you posted it.
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by thehomer: 1:05pm On May 15, 2012
OLAADEGBU: Watch the second reason why Obama is not a Christian. He does not believe in the authority of the Bible.

Obama said:

Many Christians do not believe in the inerrancy of the Bible. In fact, I'll say that you do not believe in the inerrancy of the Bible because if you did, you wouldn't be worshiping the Christian God. If you do believe in the inerrancy of the Bible yet continue worshiping that God, then it shows that you have a poor conception of morality. e.g what is the moral teaching in God commanding genocide or recommending slavery rather than abolishing it?
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:39pm On May 15, 2012
Pastor AIO:

Did St. Paul believe in the Authority of the bible? What about John the Baptist?

Yes, they did.
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by PastorAIO: 1:42pm On May 15, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

Yes, they did.

Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:51pm On May 15, 2012
Pastor AIO:

This Don Hamer is talking nonsense!!

Simple question. What came first Christianity or the bible?

If christianity existed centuries before the bible then how can 'all christians confess that the bible is God's inspired and infallible word and the christians final authority of faith and practice'.

This just demonstrates how lost some self acclaimed christians are.

The chicken or the egg question. What is the thread of continuity that runs through the Bible?
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by DeepSight(m): 1:55pm On May 15, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

Yes, they did.

Pastor AIO:

Perhaps Ola means that they believed in the authourity of the scriptures as they were then constituted.
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by PastorAIO: 1:59pm On May 15, 2012
Deep Sight:

Perhaps Ola means that they believed in the authourity of the scriptures as they were then constituted.

Abeg, leave Ola to speak for himself. Christianity to him is based on the Bible and it is his 'final authority of faith and practice'.

It follows that St. Peter and the apostles could not be christians because they didn't have a bible to be the authority of their faith and practice.
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by DeepSight(m): 2:03pm On May 15, 2012
Pastor AIO:

Abeg, leave Ola to speak for himself. Christianity to him is based on the Bible and it is his 'final authority of faith and practice'.

It follows that St. Peter and the apostles could not be christians because they didn't have a bible to be the authority of their faith and practice.

Gotcha there. Correct.
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:06pm On May 15, 2012
Pastor AIO:

Okay, first and foremost this exposes the maker of this video as a liar. No body got arrested for Praying. That's a lie.

Did you miss the part that says that they were doing it in a restricted area? Even if they were not praying, if they were, say, having a picnic on the restricted area, they would still get arrested. What makes evangelicals feel that they can force their religion on other people, that security measures don't apply to them, that restricted areas don't apply to them, that 'if the president won't come to pray then they will take prayer to him', where did they get this demonic arrogance from?

What makes them feel that they can block lagos-ibadan express way at whim, what makes them feel that it is okay to blare their prayers and church services into the neighbourhood from giant loudspeakers.

What makes them think that they have a right to ignore these scriptures:

"And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full.

Our Lord Jesus Christ and Apostle Paul prayed openly. It is only when you have prayed in the secret place that you can then successfully pray in the open. Watch the videoclip to see how a pastor was arrested by the Obama anti-prayer forces and then come back to tell us who is lying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voFTuT40dTI
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by DeepSight(m): 2:12pm On May 15, 2012
OOOOOOOOLLLAAAAAADEEGBU! When will you get tired of silly cartoons and videos? ? ?
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by PastorAIO: 2:15pm On May 15, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

Our Lord Jesus Christ and Apostle Paul prayed openly. It is only when you have prayed in the secret place that you can then successfully pray in the open. Watch the videoclip to see how a pastor was arrested by the Obama anti-prayer forces and then come back to tell us who is lying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voFTuT40dTI

Please tell me if the general public were allowed to go to the place where they were praying. Where there other people next to them? or was it a RESTRICTED AREA? Were they arrested because they were praying or because they were in a restricted area?

You probably cannot get the points that I've been making above due to your intellectual capacity so I'll leave it there.

Please address this next issue, What makes them feel that they have impose their prayers on somebody who is not interested in their prayers?

ps. Jesus didn't say don't pray in street corners until you have prayed in private. Please tell me where Jesus prayed openly on a street corner.
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:21pm On May 15, 2012
Pastor AIO:

Things like' Christian is not a new label, it is a new life' is part of the nonsense empty soundbites that one gets used to hearing frequently from the mouths of bloviates.

As a disciple of christ what is the discipline that you are undergoing. What are you learning? Were the disciples of John the baptist jewish disciples or christian disciples. What was Elisha to Elijah? Since when was christianity a different religion from Judaism. Certainly not in the time of Jesus or in the time of any of his apostles.

If the 'ceremonial washing in holy water is ignorance' then where does that place Baptism as a christian rite? Was John ignorant to baptise people, were Jesus' disciples ignorant to baptise people?

As a disciple of Christ we are learning to be like Christ.

"Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are becoming new" (2 Corinthians 5:17).

It was Albert Eintein that said:

"It is easier to denature plutonium than to denature the evil spirit of man."

The difference between being born again and believing in God is like the difference between believing in a parachute and putting it on. In this case many of you don't even believe in God. So your chance of understanding what it means to be a Christian is between slim and none, and slim has long gone out of town. undecided
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:27pm On May 15, 2012
Yornandrew:

to be an American president you must belong to a cult

How about Abraham Lincoln? Was he a cult member or a Christian?
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:29pm On May 15, 2012
thehomer:

If I were afraid, I'll probably be doing what you're doing right now. Now please can you tell us how the Antichrist will operate and when the rapture is to occur.

Are you afraid that the Obama cops would arrest you or deport you the Antichrist style?
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:32pm On May 15, 2012
thehomer:

I didn't see a problem that is why I wondered why you posted it.

You didn't see a problem because you cannot see. The more you look the less you see.
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:35pm On May 15, 2012
thehomer:

Many Christians do not believe in the inerrancy of the Bible. In fact, I'll say that you do not believe in the inerrancy of the Bible because if you did, you wouldn't be worshiping the Christian God. If you do believe in the inerrancy of the Bible yet continue worshiping that God, then it shows that you have a poor conception of morality. e.g what is the moral teaching in God commanding genocide or recommending slavery rather than abolishing it?

Those who don't believe in the inerrancy of the Bible cannot call themselves Christians, they can be called unbelievers like you. The execution of Judgment is different from committing a crime. Execution is different from murder if you may know.
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:54pm On May 15, 2012
Pastor AIO:

You say this because it is still a mystery to you what it means to be a Christian despite all the explanation. A Christian believes in the inerrancy of the Scriptures and if you don't that means that you are not a Christian and who told you that the disciples didn't have the Scriptures as their authority? Jesus Christ Himself who is the Word of God that became flesh was their authority and they had the Scriptures as their guide.

"These are the words which I spoke to you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me (Luke 24:44).
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by thehomer: 3:00pm On May 15, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

Are you afraid that the Obama cops would arrest you or deport you the Antichrist style?

Oh? The Antichrist will be deporting people? Where will he be deporting people to if he ruled the world?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Church Of England Paves The Way For Same-sex Marriages ( Pics) / Perfect Religion: Why Do Some Pastors Emphasise Mala. 3:10 More Than James 1:27? / Pope Francis Arrives Baghdad, Iraq, In Historic Papal Visit To The Region (pics)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59