Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,364 members, 7,808,269 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:39 AM

Asp Vs Php Vs Coldfusion Vs Jsp ''who's Da Best - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Asp Vs Php Vs Coldfusion Vs Jsp ''who's Da Best (5298 Views)

PHP Vs Python: Little Challenge / New Nigerian Stock Exchange Website (Moved from jsp to aspx) / Php Vs Jsp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Asp Vs Php Vs Coldfusion Vs Jsp ''who's Da Best by megakadgra(m): 12:49pm On Nov 14, 2007
just tell me the advantage what u've develop has got over the others in the contest,,,, to me coldfusion is smart, asp has got support, php is free, and jsp is the killer, what u got? tongue
Re: Asp Vs Php Vs Coldfusion Vs Jsp ''who's Da Best by nduaj(m): 1:21pm On Nov 14, 2007
LOL, men nice one, this is bound to be an intersting thread, I cant wait for the replies to start coming in.

in my opinion, they are all cool. I write with PHP and ASP, i did coldfusion way back in University days, they all have them ups and downs. so b4 i say which is best, i wanna hear from others,

I'm bound to learn a lot from this one.

@poster thanks for the post
Re: Asp Vs Php Vs Coldfusion Vs Jsp ''who's Da Best by my2cents(m): 5:53pm On Nov 14, 2007
To a carpenter with only a hammer, everything to him/her is a nail.

Every language has its use. I have used all of the above and must confess I don't have a favorite. Y? because each was used in a different situation and to solve particular issues.

At work, I have used ASP, Cold Fusion and JSP. For my side-projects, because it is easy to understand and pick up, not to mention, a majority of ISPs support it and it seems to be the language of the average Nigerian web developer (I say this cos I intend to break into the Nigerian web dev scene and in order to do so I feel a need to speak in the language of the people, so to speak), I use PHP.
Re: Asp Vs Php Vs Coldfusion Vs Jsp ''who's Da Best by nduaj(m): 6:33pm On Nov 14, 2007
@my2cents

<?

echo "lol" ;

?>
Re: Asp Vs Php Vs Coldfusion Vs Jsp ''who's Da Best by my2cents(m): 7:40pm On Nov 14, 2007
nduaj,

I can tell u r an undercover geek LMAO!
Re: Asp Vs Php Vs Coldfusion Vs Jsp ''who's Da Best by smartsoft(m): 7:48pm On Nov 14, 2007
<?php

echo "ummm na wa oooo";

?>
Re: Asp Vs Php Vs Coldfusion Vs Jsp ''who's Da Best by Tosbi(m): 6:31pm On Nov 15, 2007
<?php
echo " php is da best any day any time"
?> wink smiley cheesy grin cool
Re: Asp Vs Php Vs Coldfusion Vs Jsp ''who's Da Best by nduaj(m): 11:23am On Nov 16, 2007
@Tosbi

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_ECHO in yourpost on line 2 (u skipped a ; )

grin
Re: Asp Vs Php Vs Coldfusion Vs Jsp ''who's Da Best by Tosbi(m): 7:44pm On Nov 16, 2007
Oh, I am so sorry 4 dat. Quite in a hurry typing that. thanks for correcting me lol smiley grin
Re: Asp Vs Php Vs Coldfusion Vs Jsp ''who's Da Best by bakenda(m): 3:56am On Nov 17, 2007
I use PHP mostly.I can achieve whatever i want to achieve with it.
It's easy to pick up and use,and seems to enjoy a lot of support
and "goodwill"- being an open source platform and not a commercial
product.It's like the lingua franca of web development which every
developer should know.
Re: Asp Vs Php Vs Coldfusion Vs Jsp ''who's Da Best by niyyie(m): 10:38am On Nov 18, 2007
PHP rocks though its true they're all better at certain things.
Re: Asp Vs Php Vs Coldfusion Vs Jsp ''who's Da Best by a3cube: 4:13pm On Nov 19, 2007
nduaj:

@Tosbi

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_ECHO in yourpost on line 2 (u skipped a ; )

grin

<?= 'What is the error is that code?'
<?= 'What is the error is that code?' ?>
<?= 'What is the error is that code?'; ?>

Any of the above code will run fine. For the first, it will run if nothing comes after. PHP is the best, coldfusion prior to CF8 sucks. Am a pro coldfusion programmer and I know what am talking about. PHP and JSP are my best choice.
Re: Asp Vs Php Vs Coldfusion Vs Jsp ''who's Da Best by nduaj(m): 5:38pm On Nov 19, 2007
parse eror occured becos he skipped the ; at the end of the line.

i agree php is so cool. havent seen any challenge yet that php cant overcome
Re: Asp Vs Php Vs Coldfusion Vs Jsp ''who's Da Best by a3cube: 6:07pm On Nov 19, 2007
whether U omit ; or not, it depends on how U write ur code. All these lines of code will work

<?= 'What is the error is that code?'
<?= 'What is the error is that code?' ?>
<?= 'What is the error is that code?'; ?>

If U are embedding php into html, U can omit ; if the closing tag is coming after ur last line of code.
Re: Asp Vs Php Vs Coldfusion Vs Jsp ''who's Da Best by hostmot(f): 9:57am On Nov 20, 2010
Submachine Gun vs. Sniper Rifle vs. Shotgun. Who's da best?
Re: Asp Vs Php Vs Coldfusion Vs Jsp ''who's Da Best by omoelu1(m): 2:59pm On Aug 25, 2013
nduaj: @Tosbi

grin
i think it should rather be ‘unexpected end of file on line 3‘.

(1) (Reply)

Cheap .com Domain Name For N4,000/yr - Save Money On Your Domains / What Is The Relationship Between Data Mining And Web Mining? / Is This A Profitable Blogging Niche?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.