Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,330 members, 7,780,856 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:46 AM

The Bible Is Not Like Any Other Book - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Bible Is Not Like Any Other Book (881 Views)

5 archeological evidences to proof the Bible is real(with pictures) / Compelling Evidence That The Bible Is True - Fulfilled Prophecy / Part Of The Bible Is Straight From Egyptian Mythology(plagiarism) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Bible Is Not Like Any Other Book by Taiw(m): 10:16pm On May 11, 2012
The bible has been in existence for thousands of years and surprisingly it hasnt become outdated. Many scholars not just christians still use it as a guide to success. It contains so many teachings on finances, marriage, love, wisdom, women, men, crimes, e.t.c read d book of proverbs, psalms, ecclesiastes, etc The bible is so rich that its a guide towards a perfect life. Unlike any other book you read and dump,the bible is so unique that every day you read it, you have more knowledge of the existence of life. My point is can the bible ever become obsolete? Many of what is happening now has already been written in the bible. Is this not a sign that there is an "alpha and omega" somewhere? Take it or leave it, the bible (God's words) can never pass away without being fulfilled.Because of its relevance,it has so many translation, and nothing has been added to it or removed from it and nothing of such will ever be. I'm not trying to preach here.i'm just looking at it from a logical point of view. Let me have your say

1 Like

Re: The Bible Is Not Like Any Other Book by logicboy: 10:37pm On May 11, 2012
Taiw: The bible has been in existence for thousands of years and surprisingly it hasnt become outdated. Many scholars not just christians still use it as a guide to success. It contains so many teachings on finances, marriage, love, wisdom, women, men, crimes, e.t.c read d book of proverbs, psalms, ecclesiastes, etc The bible is so rich that its a guide towards a perfect life. Unlike any other book you read and dump,the bible is so unique that every day you read it, you have more knowledge of the existence of life. My point is can the bible ever become obsolete? Many of what is happening now has already been written in the bible. Is this not a sign that there is an "alpha and omega" somewhere? Take it or leave it, the bible (God's words) can never pass away without being fulfilled.Because of its relevance,it has so many translation, and nothing has been added to it or removed from it and nothing of such will ever be. I'm not trying to preach here.i'm just looking at it from a logical point of view. Let me have your say

The bible is outdated, contains evil advice and contains myth

Outdated;
-What relevance does the bible have to the internet? Can you give me verses concerning internet dating or videogames?
-What relevance does the bible have to evolution? Evolution debunks creationism in the bible
-What relevance does the bible have to modern medical practices? Can you give me verses concerning donation of body parts or embryology?

Evil advice;
-Bigotry against women;

1 Corinthians 14:34-35
King James Version (KJV)
34 Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law.

35 And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church

-Slavery;

Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ. (Ephesians 6:5 NLT)

Myths
- Talking snake in Genesis
-Unicorn in the bible; numbers 23;22
-Virgin birth of Mary
Re: The Bible Is Not Like Any Other Book by Callotti: 10:41pm On May 11, 2012
The most boring, incoherent POS (piece of shyte) I have ever come across!

Good RRRRRRRRRRIDANCE!!!! kiss
Re: The Bible Is Not Like Any Other Book by Jenwitemi(m): 10:45pm On May 11, 2012
The bible is just like all the other scriptural books in existence, dude. There is nothing so special about it. And where did you get the bit about scholars using it for success? Total babble, that.
Taiw: The bible has been in existence for thousands of years and surprisingly it hasnt become outdated. Many scholars not just christians still use it as a guide to success. It contains so many teachings on finances, marriage, love, wisdom, women, men, crimes, e.t.c read d book of proverbs, psalms, ecclesiastes, etc The bible is so rich that its a guide towards a perfect life. Unlike any other book you read and dump,the bible is so unique that every day you read it, you have more knowledge of the existence of life. My point is can the bible ever become obsolete? Many of what is happening now has already been written in the bible. Is this not a sign that there is an "alpha and omega" somewhere? Take it or leave it, the bible (God's words) can never pass away without being fulfilled.Because of its relevance,it has so many translation, and nothing has been added to it or removed from it and nothing of such will ever be. I'm not trying to preach here.i'm just looking at it from a logical point of view. Let me have your say
Re: The Bible Is Not Like Any Other Book by Ayomivic(m): 11:04pm On May 11, 2012
Callotti: The most boring, incoherent POS (piece of shyte) I have ever come across!

Good RRRRRRRRRRIDANCE!!!! kiss
No books can be compared with Bible.It is only one book that teaches wisdom.
Re: The Bible Is Not Like Any Other Book by logicboy: 11:06pm On May 11, 2012
Ayomivic:

You had to ignore my comment to reply Calloti? grin grin grin grin

Why didnt you respond to this;

logicboy:

Outdated;
-What relevance does the bible have to the internet? Can you give me verses concerning internet dating or videogames?
-What relevance does the bible have to evolution? Evolution debunks creationism in the bible
-What relevance does the bible have to modern medical practices? Can you give me verses concerning donation of body parts or embryology?

Evil advice;
-Bigotry against women;

King James Version (KJV)
34 Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law.

35 And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church

-Slavery;

Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ. (Ephesians 6:5 NLT)

Myths
-Virgin birth of Mary
Re: The Bible Is Not Like Any Other Book by jmoore(m): 12:57am On May 12, 2012
God communicates to people through the Bible.
Guide on how to live our lives, the consequences of our sins, and how the world will end.
The Bible is a story about God's relationship with man. God is always talking to us through the Bible, all we have to do is listen, by reading his word.
Re: The Bible Is Not Like Any Other Book by Callotti: 4:57am On May 12, 2012
logicboy:

You had to ignore my comment to reply Calloti? grin grin grin grin

Why didnt you respond to this;

Too intellectual I guess.
The path of 'least' resistance of course. cheesy
Re: The Bible Is Not Like Any Other Book by Callotti: 4:58am On May 12, 2012
Ayomivic:

So, what happened with you? cheesy
Re: The Bible Is Not Like Any Other Book by Taiw(m): 5:22am On May 12, 2012
What do u mean evil advice? Please read the bible again.The golden rule in the bible says love your neighbour as yourself.This alone is a basis for any society to move forward.You said the bible is outdated still yet its the most read book on earth and your generations will still use it as a guide to a moral life
Re: The Bible Is Not Like Any Other Book by Jenwitemi(m): 8:24am On May 12, 2012
The bible said many things of opposing meanings to cover it's behind just like all other scriptures do. What's the big deal? In one part it says don't kill, in other parts it says kill. It is all a fucking mind game.
Taiw: What do u mean evil advice? Please read the bible again.The golden rule in the bible says love your neighbour as yourself.This alone is a basis for any society to move forward.You said the bible is outdated still yet its the most read book on earth and your generations will still use it as a guide to a moral life
Re: The Bible Is Not Like Any Other Book by Ayomivic(m): 11:44am On May 12, 2012
logicboy:

Logic boy, do you believe their are men of spirit and the men of flesh? This can bring diffrencies in our way of reasoning for the man of spirit thinks about things of spirit and man of flesh thinks about things of flesh.If you will agree with me you are man of flesh, that is what make you think the bible contains evil advice and myth.Here, there is wisdom.

Outdated;

Concerning evolution and other things you made metion here,every human being found them self on earth.When you are a baby you can explain these things you are saying now.That changes of your from baby to adult you are now is beyond your knowledge and that of your parent and that growth you can not stop it or add to it. That scientists or medial personnel become what they are when they fully reach the stage of adult.It was then that they are looking and examing what make their body function.Here, there is wisdom

On the issue of internet of a thing and other worldly materials thing God is not behinde the most of those thing. It is just like a room own by somebody and another person comes to beautify it to confuse people and claim ownership. Christians must be very careful of how they use all worldly things include internet. God is telling us indirectly that this is not kind of world he wishs for us,we are here to work for where he wishes for us.In this, there is wisdom

Evil advice;
-Bigotry against women;

King James Version (KJV)

But you aware that bible says husband and wife are one and that husband is the head of family. What will it look like if you are been control or pointed with accuse finger by some who is not up to your wife?There is wisdom here too.

-Slavery;

What bible is saying here is that, we should be happy in whatever position we found our a servant should not behave like master, respect anybody that is older than you.Don't call yourself what you are not.It is simple as that.There are wisdom in the Bible.

Myths
-Virgin birth of Mary
No one is powerful as our God, take it or not. Nobody can change that.Learn from him for there is wisdom in his words.[color=#770077][/color][/b][b][/tt][tt][s][/s]
Re: The Bible Is Not Like Any Other Book by emofine2(f): 11:58am On May 12, 2012
@OP
I disagree with some of the things you wrote but yes the bible is a unique book. It’s a unique book given its niche and the effect it has and can cause.

Many of what is happening now has already been written in the bible. Is this not a sign that there is an "alpha and omega" somewhere?

There were some mediums, one of them being a book that fortold 911 – does that suddenly accord that book (and those other mediums) a divine status?

jmoore: God communicates to people through the Bible.
Guide on how to live our lives, the consequences of our sins, and how the world will end.

Thus god communicates to people indirectly?
Once upon a time I asked...is a book sufficient enough to guide many in faith?
A book that is claimed to exclusively hold the infallible truth - yet a book is fallible to mistranslations, misinterpretations and other tampering.

The Bible is a story about God's relationship with man. God is always talking to us through the Bible, all we have to do is listen, by reading his word.

If I wanted to know more about Yahweh or Solomon’s words of wisdom could I not forgo the Bible and read the Torah instead?

1 Like

Re: The Bible Is Not Like Any Other Book by jmoore(m): 12:11pm On May 12, 2012
@emöfine2 , what does torah say about Jesus? The torah is not enough for you to know God
Re: The Bible Is Not Like Any Other Book by Kay17: 12:27pm On May 12, 2012
The bible is just unfortunately another holy book claiming to be the word of God. But the first mistake is: its not the word of God, but the word of man pertaining to some God. Thus hearsay and not even reliable to our fallible courts.
Re: The Bible Is Not Like Any Other Book by Ayomivic(m): 12:36pm On May 12, 2012
Callotti:

So, what happened with you? cheesy

What happenned to me in what way?
Re: The Bible Is Not Like Any Other Book by Ayomivic(m): 12:49pm On May 12, 2012
emöfine2: @OP
I disagree with some of the things you wrote but yes the bible is a unique book. It’s a unique book given its niche and the effect it has and can cause.

There were some mediums, one of them being a book that fortold 911 – does that suddenly accord that book (and those other mediums) a divine status?

Thus god communicates to people indirectly?
Once upon a time I asked...is a book sufficient enough to guide many in faith?
A book that is claimed to exclusively hold the infallible truth - yet a book is fallible to mistranslations, misinterpretations and other tampering.

If I wanted to know more about Yahweh or Solomon’s words of wisdom could I not forgo the Bible and read the Torah instead?
what is Torah? Is it not taken from scripture?
Re: The Bible Is Not Like Any Other Book by emofine2(f): 1:53pm On May 12, 2012
Ayomivic:
what is Torah? Is it not taken from scripture?

It’s the other way around. I only asked that question because the author of the thread claims that no other book is like the bible and that it has unique teachings but technically that’s not true.
Re: The Bible Is Not Like Any Other Book by logicboy: 3:19pm On May 12, 2012
Ayomivic:
No one is powerful as our God, take it or not. Nobody can change that.Learn from him for there is wisdom in his words.[color=#770077][/color]

What pitiful reply to my comment
Re: The Bible Is Not Like Any Other Book by witch4jesus: 3:38pm On May 12, 2012
The Bible is just another Bull Sh.it crap of a book. Its is the one of the most useless book there is!
Re: The Bible Is Not Like Any Other Book by jmoore(m): 3:43pm On May 12, 2012
witch4jesus: The Bible is just another Bull Sh.it crap of a book. Its is the one of the most useless book there is!

so you registered today to post this?
Re: The Bible Is Not Like Any Other Book by Ayomivic(m): 3:50pm On May 12, 2012
logicboy:

What pitiful reply to my comment
You coment on the last paragraph of my post.What i wrote is inside your post you asked me to coment on.Read that your post carefully, you will see mine there paragraph by paragrgph. I will like to hear from you after reading it.
Re: The Bible Is Not Like Any Other Book by logicboy: 3:57pm On May 12, 2012
Ayomivic:
You coment on the last paragraph of my post.What i wrote is inside your post you asked me to coment on.Read that your post carefully, you will see mine there paragraph by paragrgph. I will like to hear from you after reading it.

Thank you, I didnt see that. Please await my rebuttal grin
Re: The Bible Is Not Like Any Other Book by witch4jesus: 4:13pm On May 12, 2012
jmoore:

so you registered today to post this?

Who give a fu..ck about that!

1 Like

Re: The Bible Is Not Like Any Other Book by logicboy: 4:14pm On May 12, 2012
Ayomivic:

Okay
Concerning evolution and other things you made metion here,every human being found them self on earth.When you are a baby you can explain these things you are saying now.That changes of your from baby to adult you are now is beyond your knowledge and that of your parent and that growth you can not stop it or add to it. That scientists or medial personnel become what they are when they fully reach the stage of adult.It was then that they are looking and examing what make their body function.Here, there is wisdom

On the issue of internet of a thing and other worldly materials thing God is not behinde the most of those thing. It is just like a room own by somebody and another person comes to beautify it to confuse people and claim ownership. Christians must be very careful of how they use all worldly things include internet. God is telling us indirectly that this is not kind of world he wishs for us,we are here to work for where he wishes for us.In this, there is wisdom

The first paragraph in your quote makes no sense. We can explain many things about human life through science. We can explain human growth from baby to adult without god pr the bible. Human beings were not created, we evolved from other animals.

The second paragraph makes no sense either. Are you sayi that the internet is evil? Why are you using it? Look, without science, you wouldnt have medicines or aeroplanes. God and the bible are quite useless today or otherwise, we would still be burning witches.

-Bigotry against women;

King James Version (KJV)

But you aware that bible says husband and wife are one and that husband is the head of family. What will it look like if you are been control or pointed with accuse finger by some who is not up to your wife?There is wisdom here too.

There is no wisdom in saying that women should be quiet in churches. Very stupid.

What bible is saying here is that, we should be happy in whatever position we found our a servant should not behave like master, respect anybody that is older than you.Don't call yourself what you are not.It is simple as that.There are wisdom in the Bible.

This is the same stupidity that gave the European Christians to be satisfied with enslaving West Africans. Slaves should be content in being slaves.
Re: The Bible Is Not Like Any Other Book by Heathen(m): 8:06pm On May 12, 2012
witch4jesus:

Who give a fu..ck about that!
ha! Epic username!

(1) (Reply)

Are There More Muslims Than Christians On Nairaland / The Bible Gets It Right! The Wicked Run When No One Chases- Prov 28;1 / The Mark Of A Universal Church - 28 Years Of Catholic World Youth Day.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.