Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,966 members, 7,806,795 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:34 AM

Prof Ilesanmi Adeshida Named As VC / Provost Of Univ Of Illnois, Urbana - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Prof Ilesanmi Adeshida Named As VC / Provost Of Univ Of Illnois, Urbana (10459 Views)

ABSUTH Provost Joins Students In Protest (photos) / Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois / Ilesanmi Adesida: University Of Illinois First Black VC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prof Ilesanmi Adeshida Named As VC / Provost Of Univ Of Illnois, Urbana by Gatsby(m): 2:00am On May 13, 2012
http://www.uialumninetwork.org/article.html?aid=417

The University of Illinois has chosen a noted nanotechnology scholar as its next provost.

Ilesanmi "Ade" Adesida, dean of the UI's College of Engineering, is expected to assume the post on Aug. 16, pending UI Board of Trustees approval. UI Vice President and Chancellor Phyllis Wise announced the appointment Wednesday night.

"I'm honored and humbled to be selected as provost of this great campus. This is something I take very seriously," Adesida said. "I know how to work very hard and I'm ready to roll up my sleeves and get the job done."

Adesida will be paid $430,000 annually.

The provost, who also is vice chancellor for academic affairs, reports directly to the vice president and chancellor and works in areas of budget planning and management, strategic planning and more. The provost is second in command on the campus; deans of the colleges, schools and the libraries report to the provost.

Wise praised Adesida's global experience, expertise in innovation, and leadership in public and private partnerships.

"He has an outstanding record of scholarship, a proven commitment to excellence, and an ability to successfully collaborate with colleagues at Illinois," she said in a release.

Adesida said he is looking forward to working with Wise, whom he called "a terrific administrator and a warm human being. It will be a pleasure to work with her."

Read more: http://www.news-gazette.com/news/education/2012-05-10/adesida-chosen-be-ui-provost.html
Re: Prof Ilesanmi Adeshida Named As VC / Provost Of Univ Of Illnois, Urbana by tpia5: 4:44am On May 13, 2012
congrats to him.

owo a ma roke, ire akari.
Re: Prof Ilesanmi Adeshida Named As VC / Provost Of Univ Of Illnois, Urbana by Businesstools(m): 11:00am On May 13, 2012
Congrats Prof.
Re: Prof Ilesanmi Adeshida Named As VC / Provost Of Univ Of Illnois, Urbana by Pennywise(m): 11:06am On May 13, 2012
Very well deserved appointment. The next big challenge is the accent thingy. We yorubas dont let go easily.

3 Likes

Re: Prof Ilesanmi Adeshida Named As VC / Provost Of Univ Of Illnois, Urbana by mamaafrik(m): 11:20am On May 13, 2012
Pennywise: Very well deserved appointment. The next big challenge is the accent thingy. We yorubas dont let go easily.
it dnt matter mr.,do u tink u suld forsake u own 4 anoda?

1 Like

Re: Prof Ilesanmi Adeshida Named As VC / Provost Of Univ Of Illnois, Urbana by Pennywise(m): 11:27am On May 13, 2012
Nope. However there is such thing as a cosmopolitan accent

1 Like

Re: Prof Ilesanmi Adeshida Named As VC / Provost Of Univ Of Illnois, Urbana by Cheggoon(m): 11:28am On May 13, 2012
Hmmmmmm UI.....is the first and the best university Indeed....!
Am proud to be a product of UI....!
Merule say so...!
Lol

2 Likes

Re: Prof Ilesanmi Adeshida Named As VC / Provost Of Univ Of Illnois, Urbana by airmark(m): 11:35am On May 13, 2012
Congrats Omo oodua. Bravo

1 Like

Re: Prof Ilesanmi Adeshida Named As VC / Provost Of Univ Of Illnois, Urbana by fatjo(m): 11:37am On May 13, 2012
no doubt.d prof truly deserves dis
Re: Prof Ilesanmi Adeshida Named As VC / Provost Of Univ Of Illnois, Urbana by logica(m): 11:50am On May 13, 2012
Cheg-goon:
Merule say so...!
Which UI do you think is the subject matter here? University of Ibadan?

1 Like

Re: Prof Ilesanmi Adeshida Named As VC / Provost Of Univ Of Illnois, Urbana by Zzyzx92(m): 11:52am On May 13, 2012
Cheg-goon:
Merule say so...!
hehehe...No be University of ibadan(UI) we dey talk about here oo..My guy no offence, jes tryn to make sure yhu understood the topic..Xoxo
Re: Prof Ilesanmi Adeshida Named As VC / Provost Of Univ Of Illnois, Urbana by MrGlobe(m): 12:03pm On May 13, 2012
*screaming* what the hell is this rubbish doing in the front page? What are we to say about a post that has not been confirmed yet? How the hell is this my business. A boko haram terrorist was just arrested! Congrats in advance tho sad
Re: Prof Ilesanmi Adeshida Named As VC / Provost Of Univ Of Illnois, Urbana by khattab008: 12:04pm On May 13, 2012
Congrats to the Prof
Cheg-goon:

Merule say so...!
Bros na University of ILLINOIS be the U.I o not university of IBADAN just wanted to make sure you knew the U.I the posters was refering to
Re: Prof Ilesanmi Adeshida Named As VC / Provost Of Univ Of Illnois, Urbana by MrGlobe(m): 12:05pm On May 13, 2012
Pennywise: Very well deserved appointment. The next big challenge is the accent thingy. We yorubas dont let go easily.
haha... Like saying 'Hask instead of ask'

1 Like

Re: Prof Ilesanmi Adeshida Named As VC / Provost Of Univ Of Illnois, Urbana by Pennywise(m): 12:11pm On May 13, 2012
^^^
hehehe. . . Good parson. Sori person
Re: Prof Ilesanmi Adeshida Named As VC / Provost Of Univ Of Illnois, Urbana by clemmonce(m): 12:17pm On May 13, 2012
this is reason developed country succeed they downplay sentiment if u can do the job they wil giv u the job regardless of your background. but in africa tribalism is the king. the rear son africa remain stagnant is because of tribalism or ethnocentrism

1 Like

Re: Prof Ilesanmi Adeshida Named As VC / Provost Of Univ Of Illnois, Urbana by Afam4eva(m): 12:19pm On May 13, 2012
This is a greate achievement. Urbana Champaigne is a greate school.
Re: Prof Ilesanmi Adeshida Named As VC / Provost Of Univ Of Illnois, Urbana by linsa01(m): 12:28pm On May 13, 2012
Cngrats to the prof. Pls, which state is he from?
Re: Prof Ilesanmi Adeshida Named As VC / Provost Of Univ Of Illnois, Urbana by Pennywise(m): 12:36pm On May 13, 2012
clemmonce: this is reason developed country succeed they downplay sentiment if u can do the job they wil giv u the job regardless of your background. but in africa tribalism is the king. the rear son africa remain stagnant is because of tribalism or ethnocentrism

I cant be drawn into petty tribal issues esp of the type that exist on land. But I will never fail to seize an opportunity for a good laugh- whether over tribal sentiment or however percieved.

1 Like

Re: Prof Ilesanmi Adeshida Named As VC / Provost Of Univ Of Illnois, Urbana by ayobase(m): 12:43pm On May 13, 2012

Whats wrong with my accent so far
Im speaking sound and correct english.

China get accent, spain get, portugal get,
Italy get, germany get....so whats wrong
with d accent.

Accent na signature.
Allow d prof to give his
Naija signature orally.

Go Prof...thanks for doing us proud.
Im happy to be associated with this!

Up live Naija!

1 Like

Re: Prof Ilesanmi Adeshida Named As VC / Provost Of Univ Of Illnois, Urbana by ayobase(m): 12:45pm On May 13, 2012
[quote author=linsa01]Cngrats to the prof. Pls, which state is he from?[/quote

Dont worry abt d state.
He is from here!
Re: Prof Ilesanmi Adeshida Named As VC / Provost Of Univ Of Illnois, Urbana by ayobase(m): 12:49pm On May 13, 2012
Mr. Globe:

haha... Like saying 'Hask instead of ask'

Not dat type of accent my friend.
We are talking abt intonation and
stressing of sylllables here!

Go check ur dico and come back to tell
me d meaning of accenttt.
Re: Prof Ilesanmi Adeshida Named As VC / Provost Of Univ Of Illnois, Urbana by damilola15: 12:51pm On May 13, 2012
logica: Which UI do you think is the subject matter here? University of Ibadan?
lmao

1 Like

Re: Prof Ilesanmi Adeshida Named As VC / Provost Of Univ Of Illnois, Urbana by damilola15: 12:54pm On May 13, 2012
linsa01: Cngrats to the prof. Pls, which state is he from?
Borno State.
Re: Prof Ilesanmi Adeshida Named As VC / Provost Of Univ Of Illnois, Urbana by ayobase(m): 12:54pm On May 13, 2012
Pennywise: Nope. However there is such thing as a cosmopolitan accent

Re: Prof Ilesanmi Adeshida Named As VC / Provost Of Univ Of Illnois, Urbana by ayobase(m): 12:58pm On May 13, 2012
Pennywise: Nope. However there is such thing as a cosmopolitan accent

Thank u my brother!
Re: Prof Ilesanmi Adeshida Named As VC / Provost Of Univ Of Illnois, Urbana by Cheggoon(m): 1:06pm On May 13, 2012
khattab008: Congrats to the Prof

Bros na University of ILLINOIS be the U.I o not university of IBADAN just wanted to make sure you knew the U.I the posters was refering to
u r a big bouncin f.o.o.l...
I kw wat i mean....if i said Ui..did i mention.:..Uinvesity of Ibadan..i beg if ur mouth dey skock u....i beg go blow balloon..mumu..!
Re: Prof Ilesanmi Adeshida Named As VC / Provost Of Univ Of Illnois, Urbana by tpia5: 1:07pm On May 13, 2012

bad belle makes you ugly, sweetie.
Re: Prof Ilesanmi Adeshida Named As VC / Provost Of Univ Of Illnois, Urbana by sunky644(m): 1:10pm On May 13, 2012
linsa01: Cngrats to the prof. Pls, which state is he from?
I think he should definitely be from Akure in Ondo state cos I ve never heard of any Adesida that hail from any other town aside Akure. Adesida is the major ruling house of the Deji of Akure dynasty. I stand to be corrected though.......and Congratulations in advance to the great Professor.
Re: Prof Ilesanmi Adeshida Named As VC / Provost Of Univ Of Illnois, Urbana by Cheggoon(m): 1:12pm On May 13, 2012
Zzyzx92: hehehe...No be University of ibadan(UI) we dey talk about here oo..My guy no offence, jes tryn to make sure yhu understood the topic..Xoxo
u must hig....did i mention University of ibadan.....plz tink well b4 u talk...oya package..!
Re: Prof Ilesanmi Adeshida Named As VC / Provost Of Univ Of Illnois, Urbana by Cheggoon(m): 1:17pm On May 13, 2012
khattab008: Congrats to the Prof

ar u on drugs...did i mentioned university of ibadan

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos State University 2017/2018 Admission Processing / Aviation College Spends N5bn To Maintain Redundant Helicopters – Rector / List Of Common Nigeria Misused And Incorrect English

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.