|Join Nairaland / Login / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 1303850 members, 1856855 topics. Date: Friday, 30 January 2015 at 10:26 AM
|How To Prepare Gbegiri Soup by Nobody: 11:43am On Mar 30, 2006|
How Do You Prepare Gbegiri Soup?
please can anyone highlight me on how to make gbegiri , i want to make abula with ewedu soup i went to a nigerian restaurant and i ate that it was real nice if anyone is kind enough .
|Re: How To Prepare Gbegiri Soup by Bisiriyu: 1:08pm On Mar 30, 2006|
Peel desired quantity of beans like moimoi or akara.
Boil until it's mashy as in very very soft.
Remove from fire and allow to cool.
Pour your cooked beans into your blender and blend or use clean broom to mash the beans like that used for ewedu.
Pour red oil on fire and bleach slightly.
Slice onions into the oil.
Pour your bean paste into the oil and heat.
Add your conduments i.e crayfish, knorr cubes, salt, ogiri, iru, dried fish(optional), dried pepper or blended fresh pepper.
Heat for some minutes.
Your gbegiri is ready.
|Re: How To Prepare Gbegiri Soup by whiteroses(f): 1:14pm On Mar 30, 2006|
I can help with ingredients as i'm not sure about quantity and mixing but your common sense would tell u when you are making it or wait for more nairalanders.
capsicum(red one) it's hot!!!!! so use 2 pieces only)
iru(a brown smelly beans)
|Re: How To Prepare Gbegiri Soup by Nobody: 4:17pm On Mar 30, 2006|
thanks i will try is this weekend and give you feedback
|Re: How To Prepare Gbegiri Soup by IAH(f): 5:45pm On Mar 30, 2006|
Bisiriyu has said it all. But bisiriyu, won't you first soak the beans in cold water for some time and remove the cover of the beans before boiling?
|Re: How To Prepare Gbegiri Soup by baby4u2(f): 8:50pm On Mar 30, 2006|
so since we've started. dont want to mess up my fried rice. what people cook it but i dont want to do kitchen practical. can some tell how to make fried rice please (if u do it very well and they tell u, "adama u don do am again", lol).
|Re: How To Prepare Gbegiri Soup by omogenikky(f): 9:21pm On Mar 30, 2006|
use a pressure cooker for the beans,
|Re: How To Prepare Gbegiri Soup by Bisiriyu: 1:32pm On Mar 31, 2006|
I included peeling the beans first that means use water and remove the cover. Peeling is the general way of saying it.
|Re: How To Prepare Gbegiri Soup by Renike(f): 7:15pm On Mar 31, 2006|
ok , fried rice for u, lol
u know u have to dice all d carrots, green beans, spring onions, etc, after that
u put oil (not to much) on fire, and add the washed rice,
fry d rice until it is golden brown and add d meat stock
the add water if necessary
u would allow it to boil ( add salt and co if necessary) , when it is almost done, add all d diced stuff and crayfish and shrimps ,
then u allow it to steam, and it is ready to eat ,
Ok, i need someone to tell me how to cook, ogbono,egusi, ilaesepo, efo riro, and suya please ( idont want my husband sending me bk home to go and learn)
|Re: How To Prepare Gbegiri Soup by baby4u2(f): 8:54pm On Mar 31, 2006|
thanks renike sweety. gonna try it out on saturday.
|Re: How To Prepare Gbegiri Soup by Nobody: 12:16pm On Apr 03, 2006|
As for ogbono I don’t know
But Recipee for Egusi ( Efo elegusi right) then here it is
The way I do mine
1. Fry red oil ( epo) is a pot no too much , u must have diced your onions and grinded pepper( don’t use tomato) use only atanla ( the small ones that are peppery) and tatase ( the big one that makes the soup red) don’t be scared it wont be hot but if you like you can adda bit of tomato if you don’t eat pepper
2. Gba the epo ( heat it well) then pour the diced onion then you grided pepper ( add onions in the grinded pepper)
3. Add Knorr cubes not magi knorr is the best then add ede lilo( crayfish) then add eja kika ( don’t know the name in English) let all this fry well well
4. Take your grinded egusi add a little water then mash it up with your hand so its pasty not to watery pour it in the pot , add your meat too let it all fry , turn down the gas light so it does not burn , I tell you at this stage the egusi is so swwet you will keep tasting it till you are full
5. NEXT…….You must have washed your efo with hot water and drained it well then pour it in the pot mix it all and then turn down the gas light and let it cook slowly to your desired tenderness
You can use the same step for efo riro but no egusi added
Recipee for ilaasepo
1. Dice the ila with your hand , don’t use blender I think it makes it watery and it kills all the seeds of the ila when you are eating it
2. Put water on fire and let it boil
3. Blend your pepper only the atanla , don’t add onion, add crayfish while blending it/. then pour into the boiling water not too much water then add little red oil,,, add all your serere, I add mushrooms , knorr fish , gizzard meat and spice it up well so its sweet, let in boil then add your blended ila .
4. Theres this thing that smells that I add tooo …, whats the name o …….hmmmm I have forgotten I will let you know when I remember
5. Add that thing too then let it cook under slow heat
6. The ila will draw well if
Recipee for suya
1. Chop your meat into tiny buts
2. wash and spice up your meat curry thyme pepper, onions any nice spicing
3. Put all the mixtures in a pot cover it for up to two hours or even overnight in the fridge, so that the ingredients enter it well
4. Then fry the meat
5. After frying it , you must have chopped red pepper , green , yellow
6. Take another pot heat a little oil…very little in it…. then pour the chopped stuff in it add little spicing then add the meat and stir fry it
7. After frying it , fry some onions and pour the onion on the meat to make it look like mala suya
|Re: How To Prepare Gbegiri Soup by Renike(f): 5:00am On Apr 06, 2006|
woo, God bless u but i have got questions oo
the suya, it is the ingredents "nice spicing" are d ones i dont know , the ones dat wld give it dat specific taste, any ideas?
the smelly thing, sebi it is egusi, the brown one u was b4 putting into d soup so as not to put d dirts in to abi
thks ghel, am saving dis
|Re: How To Prepare Gbegiri Soup by Bisiriyu: 11:45am On Apr 06, 2006|
There are various methods of preparing fried rice and all if properly prepared bring out a mouth watering delicacy. This is my own method. The quantity of ingredients to be used depends on the quantity of rice you're preparing. Your green pepper, green peas, carrots, liver should be cut into small pieces.
INGREDIENTS FOR FRIED RICE
Margarine or vegetable oil
Salt to taste
Meat or chicken stock
Wash your rice and boil in the meat or chicken stock. You can use water if stock is not available.
Put little salt in the rice.
On the other side of your gas, put a dry pan on fire on a very low heat.
Melt some margarine or a small quantity of oil in the pan.
Put all the ingredients listed above except your rice, seasoning and meat stock.
Put some salt and knorr cubes to taste.
By now your rice will be ready. Your rice must not be too soft i.e mashy.
Pour the mixture in the pot containing the rice and steam for five minutes.
At this point you can stir and leave for two minutes.
Check your seasoning and adjust if necessary.
Remove the pot from fire, your fried rice is ready.
|Re: How To Prepare Gbegiri Soup by Oluschenco(m): 1:43pm On Sep 16, 2009|
Oh my Gbegiri, what a delicious soup especially in this rainy season, which goes better with Amala
|Re: How To Prepare Gbegiri Soup by sayso(m): 3:57pm On Sep 16, 2009|
will definitely try this at home
|Re: How To Prepare Gbegiri Soup by AloyEmeka6: 10:04pm On Oct 28, 2009|
Close your doors and windows before making gbegiri soup otherwise your neighbors will think the food in your fridge is rancid.
|Re: How To Prepare Gbegiri Soup by dominique(f): 8:08pm On Oct 31, 2009|
why would they think that. . . in fact they will come begging for their share
|Re: How To Prepare Gbegiri Soup by muffins(f): 8:09pm On Oct 31, 2009|
|Re: How To Prepare Gbegiri Soup by pocketndry: 7:59am On Jan 03, 2011|
Is gbegiri eating like that or is it eating with fufu? p/s I like trying new food and it is easy to make
|Re: How To Prepare Gbegiri Soup by adenzo: 11:24am On Jan 05, 2011|
i think the whole house have said it all.
but if you want to learn more on how to prepare some Nigeria food you can
|Re: How To Prepare Gbegiri Soup by afrolems: 4:43pm On Nov 30, 2012|
The Afrolems version of Gbegiri is available here http://afrolems.com/2012/03/09/gbegiri-beans-nigerian-soup-feyisope-akinyosoye/
|Re: How To Prepare Gbegiri Soup by dominique(f): 2:03pm On Dec 06, 2012|
^^^Wth is that Doesn't look like any gbegiri I've seen before
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2015 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 141