Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,376 members, 7,800,755 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:54 AM

Dele Ige, Younger Brother To Late Bola Ige, Is Dead! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dele Ige, Younger Brother To Late Bola Ige, Is Dead! (570 Views)

President Buhari's Tribute To Late Ocholi / Ige Street At Iyana Ipaja Flooded After Rains / Who Really Killed Bola Ige? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dele Ige, Younger Brother To Late Bola Ige, Is Dead! by peter2012: 9:01am On May 13, 2012
Sir Dele Ige, the younger brother of the slain Minister of Justice and Attorney General, Chief Bola Ige, is dead.

The Ibadan-based businessman reportedly slumped yesterday; all efforts to revive him were unsuccessful.

When Sunday Vanguard called Muyiwa Ige, the son of the former minister, who is the Commissioner for Lands and Physical Planning in Osun State, he confirmed his uncle’s death but added that he did not have the details.

Muyiwa Ige said, “I can confirm that he is dead. But that is all that I can tell you for now. I heard that he slumped and died while trying to deliver a birthday speech. I am on my way to Ibadan. I can’t say much until I get to his residence.’’

When he was called about an hour later, he said, “But I can say that his death marked the end of a lineage of Ige family because he was the last man.”

When asked further what could have killed Sir Ige, he added, “ I am just getting to Ibadan now from Osun State. All I was told was that he slumped at my cousin’s birthday, Akin Ige. He slumped when he stood up to speak. That is what I have for now. I will soon go to his residence and see things for myself”.

Akin Ige was said to be celebrating his 60th birth anniversary in Ibadan when the incident happened.

When he slumped, the late Ige, was said to have been rushed to an undisclosed hospital where he was confirmed dead.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/dele-bola-ige%E2%80%99s-brother-slumps-during-%E2%80%98birthday-ceremony%E2%80%99dies-vanguard-newspaper

mah his gentle soul rest in peace. Amen.
Re: Dele Ige, Younger Brother To Late Bola Ige, Is Dead! by Mynd44: 9:49am On May 13, 2012
Too bad

(1) (Reply)

Why people come to Nairaland because 90% Of Nigerian Are Separatist / In The Word Of Prophet Edris Abdulkareem..we Blindly Ignored His Prophecy.. / My Story My Vision

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.