Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,541 members, 7,770,411 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 10:24 AM

PICTURES: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company - Car Talk (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / PICTURES: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company (61025 Views)

Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company (IVM) Launches An Auto Finance Scheme / Innoson Vehicle Used By The Buhari's Administration (Photos) / Checkout These Cars Manufactured By Innoson Manufacturing Company Nigeria(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PICTURES: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by donotbanme1: 11:11pm On Nov 21, 2012
Okija_juju: Once more, Innoson is not made in Nigeria but assembled in Nigeria... They are no different from the Peugeot Automobile Nigeria (PAN), Volkswagen of Nigeria (Von)and Tata who all assemble vehicles here.

The Nigerian market needs to be open and devoid of undue influence from the government. Innosson has to earn the right to be patronized. They should employ all the marketing strategies in the book to market their product. Advertise aggressively. I will not buy a bus I have barely heard of just because "Its assembled in Nigeria" where I already know that the Nigerian system is crap and only God knows the quality control measures they have in place.

I will never key into this innosson crap based on ethnicity or sentiments.. The fact is like I said, Innosson does not make nor design cars, they simply import in bits and assemble here. They are no different from PAN and VON, They dont advertise or try to marlet their products..

The government should stay away from Innoson motors until they prove their worth, we wouldnt want to spend our money on a liability and also put the lives of Nigerians at risk. If those vehicles have a factory defect, I dont believe Innosson motors would have the grace to do a recall like most european car makers would.

Good for you. The car don full road competing with toyota hummer buses. So stay away from baording it.
Re: PICTURES: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by ak47mann(m): 11:06am On Nov 22, 2012
this okija guy with his mind set i wonder what was going through his mind when he wanted to contest for EZE igbo of nairaland? bluetooth and desola should both contest they have better chance because enemy within is worst than outsiders......
Re: PICTURES: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by Nobody: 9:17pm On Nov 27, 2012
U guys; really dont know the level of manufacturing going down: in nnewi. The good thing about the company is dat it has d potential to explode other spare parts manufacturing companies in nnewi

1 Like

Re: PICTURES: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by SmartTalk: 2:01pm On Dec 13, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
This most be joke, right? Look those buses/cars or whatever are 99.99% (excluding labour) made in china. From mere nut and bolt to connecting rod or driving shaft. Even PAN with their 40% local inputs did not claimed to be manufacturing their cars in nigeria, yet we have some fraudulent individuals importing almost everything from China to a make-shift warehouse called "manufacturing plants", claiming to be manufacturing in nigeria.

It is called 419!

Well if the steel mill was located in Onitsha like it was suppose to, and not Ajaokuta and if its management was left to private investors without government interference, then you would not be complaining about whether the cars are made in Nigeria or not. That we do not produce our steel has nothing to do with Innoson but more to do with people that do not want development being in the government.

2 Likes

Re: PICTURES: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by Tobetoe(m): 12:05pm On Apr 03, 2013
Innoson imports it's engine and axle from china ,but other parts ar assembled in 9ja ,so it's assembled and not manufactured in 9ja .d engine and axle of a vehicle is d main tin dia.... Or if am lying then send us full video of d manufacturing.... 9ja is a bleeped up country ,..but kudos to innoson ,good job
Re: PICTURES: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by manny4life(m): 12:11pm On Apr 03, 2013
Tobetoe: Innoson imports it's engine and axle from china ,but other parts ar assembled in 9ja ,so it's assembled and not manufactured in 9ja .d engine and axle of a vehicle is d main tin dia.... Or if am lying then send us full video of d manufacturing.... 9ja is a bleeped up country ,..but kudos to innoson ,good job

In your infinite wisdom, this is how u define "manufacturing"? Smh head @ you.

Just so you know, Toyota DOES NOT build it's own engine, Boeing Commercial Airplane DOES NOT build it's own airplane engines but buys from GE. I guess they're also assembly as well? ... All I can possibly do is smh
Re: PICTURES: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by chastellor(m): 7:14am On Apr 04, 2013
Innoson is doing marvellous let's give him our Maximum support 2 enable him serve us better more

Re: PICTURES: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by ILLIFIC: 3:04pm On Apr 24, 2013
The IVM initiative is intriguing yet laudable. Lets encourage it. We are what we 'think'.
Re: PICTURES: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by Nobody: 3:15pm On Apr 24, 2013
manny4life:

In your infinite wisdom, this is how u define "manufacturing"? Smh head @ you.

Just so you know, Toyota DOES NOT build it's own engine, Boeing Commercial Airplane DOES NOT build it's own airplane engines but buys from GE. I guess they're also assembly as well? ... All I can possibly do is smh

There seems to be a lot of confusion between manufacturing and assembling.

Yes, Toyota does not build their own engines, but they're built to Toyota's specification, based upon Toyota's blueprints. The same goes for their transmission, differential, axles, lighting, body panels etc.

Innoson's operation is entirely different - the body panels are not stamped out on a press solely for Innoson, take a good look at the pick-up truck, they're actually Isuzu body panels, used on their own truck. The engines, transmission, axles, glass etc are also sourced from existing vehicles. None are based upon an Innoson blueprint or design.
Re: PICTURES: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by JUO(m): 9:13am On Apr 25, 2013
oga siena na small, small. one day them go reach there, that company is less than 10years, toyota is over 80 years
Re: PICTURES: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by Bryden: 2:23pm On Apr 30, 2013
Do you require suspensions for these vehicles. I am looking for Agents for these Suspensions. See web site www.powerdown.com.au
Re: PICTURES: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by Emytexboy(m): 4:50pm On May 20, 2013
every thing is just amazing!!!
i really love the igbo man technical pattern.

Re: PICTURES: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by Emytexboy(m): 4:56pm On May 20, 2013
Okija_juju:

My first problem is that companies like Peugeot and Volkswagen have been in Nigeria for so so many years... Why hasnt anybody clamoured for the government to give them the same patronage we are advocating for innoson? These companies are even better because beyond creating jobs locally, they are an internationally recognised and proven brand, are listed on the NSE (hence being a PLC) as against Innosom that is a one man business.
enemy of progress,ppl like you are alway a never do well talk more of being a car manufacturer.
Re: PICTURES: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by Horus(m): 6:50pm On Aug 22, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ukk42wLeVpI

Inside Innoson Motor Manufacturing Plant Nnewi Nigeria - World's First Black-Owned Car Manufacturer
Re: PICTURES: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by waternogetenemy: 5:26pm On Jul 24, 2014
Great job.
Re: PICTURES: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by HOREMBEE(m): 4:04pm On Sep 26, 2014
amosy007:
it sims lyk u do not have sence where is orji uzor kalu
Chei u are a fooolish mor0n...ibb is d owner of globacom? OMG how did I get into arguement with these ignorant scum?

And why don't we have a single igbo man among the top ten richest Nigerian? Still waiting for answer
Re: PICTURES: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by DAVE5(m): 7:27am On Mar 14, 2015
Wallie:
The company should be commended because they're taking an extremely important first step! It is true that VON and PAN do the same thing but the major difference is that Innoson vehicles are Innoson-branded and Innoson is a locally owned company.

Dangote started importing cement then moved to bagging cement, and he now manufactures cement from scratch. You have to crawl before you can walk; especially, in manufacturing where highly technical skills and trade secrets are needed.

Regardless of if they’re simply an assembly plant their accomplishments are greater than that PAN and VON because over time they will create more local content. PAN and VON will continue to use technology and contents from their respective parent companies.

After a gazillion years of those companies in Nigeria, what percentage of their vehicles are locally made? They are simply not transferring any knowledge to Nigeria and for that I say we should not patronize them. The ultimate goal for opening your market to a foreign manufacturing company should be the transfer of knowledge so that one day you can stand on your own two feet! They make money off you for the knowledge and skill they impact on the local industries.

See the link below for how a car made by a small company. This is the Lotus Evora being manufactured from scratch (the engine comes from Toyota). Even with Lotus’ British heritage and all, they still needed to hire technical experts from Ferrari and Porsche! Innoson needs time to develop the knowledge needed to design from scratch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfm31TvFI0M

thankz for ur candid opinion
Re: PICTURES: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by Investor1: 8:05pm On Oct 03, 2018
All at subsidized rates..... 08032622473

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

This Accident Happend At Aggrey Road PortHarcout This Morning(very Graphic Pic) / 5 Ways To Identify Bullet Proof Cars On Nigerian Roads. / Vintage Cars On The Street Of Lagos During Independence Day Drive (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.