Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,789 members, 7,802,463 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:53 PM

PICTURES: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company - Car Talk (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / PICTURES: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company (61110 Views)

Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company (IVM) Launches An Auto Finance Scheme / Innoson Vehicle Used By The Buhari's Administration (Photos) / Checkout These Cars Manufactured By Innoson Manufacturing Company Nigeria(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PICTURES: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by Nobody: 8:27pm On May 14, 2012
Ekwy Omalicha:

market is not really a definite place as your slow brain is suggesting , supply and demand can take place via so many mediums. Dopemu grin

it must definitely be Onisha overhead bridgemarket ! cheesy
Re: PICTURES: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by ak47mann(m): 8:31pm On May 14, 2012
Ekwy Omalicha:

grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin IVM is now setting up a new plant in Ghana.........let the haters keep dying shocked
Re: PICTURES: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by EkwyOmalicha: 8:34pm On May 14, 2012
~Bluetooth:

it must definitely be Onisha overhead bridgemarket ! cheesy

Blah blah blah grin

what a shame..... tongue
Re: PICTURES: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by otokx(m): 8:35pm On May 14, 2012
something does not add up but time has a way of unraveling mysteries.
Re: PICTURES: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by EkwyOmalicha: 8:37pm On May 14, 2012
ak47mann: grin grin grin grin grin IVM is now setting up a new plant in Ghana.........let the haters keep dying shocked

yeah! thumbs up Innoson grin

2 Likes

Re: PICTURES: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by item1: 8:38pm On May 14, 2012
I beg just creat employment for my nigerians brothers jooo. Whether na assembly plant or assemblies of God or House of assemliesi don't care. Afterall all the toyota buses and pickups used in africa is assembled in South Africa

3 Likes

Re: PICTURES: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by Nobody: 8:58pm On May 14, 2012
Ekwy Omalicha:

Blah blah blah grin

what a shame..... tongue

Oops. . .when are you going to buy innoson sedan abi truck ni ? grin naija girls no dey enter truck o tongue
Re: PICTURES: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by Nobody: 9:03pm On May 14, 2012
Almost every major component of Lamborghini cars, is built by Audi AG Germany, including the engine and body and assembled in Italy but Lamborghini still carries itself as the pride of Italy and even names all their cars after italian bullfighting legends yet you would never see Germans or other Europeans claiming that Lamborghini cars aren't manufactured in Italy.

Envy would destroy some people. Move forward, No, comot for road make others move forward, No. Tufiakwa.

5 Likes

Re: PICTURES: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by Hoodrat(m): 9:03pm On May 14, 2012
I pray this turn to be the best motors in Africa.. please lets stand out to support our made in Nigerians product and stop encouraging foreign made product in Nigeria. Africa lets stand up to build Africa say no to hatred, envies,jealousy. Only love,peace and one word can set us free. 1love my people.

1 Like

Re: PICTURES: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by Wallie(m): 9:05pm On May 14, 2012
Looks like Innoson is about to get a competitor from none other than PAN! shocked I guess they don't want to be left out.

PAN set to assemble 3,000 Chinese cars annually

FEBRUARY 26, 2012 BY RASHEED BISIRIYU
PAN Nigeria Limited, the manufacturers of Peugeot vehicles in Nigeria, is set to diversify its brand portfolio with mass production of Alsvin model, a brand of the Chongqing Changan Automobile China.

The auto company said on Friday that it had completed a full scale installation of the factory lines for the production of the Alsvin –with an engine capacity of 1.5 litres.

It also said the firm had concluded arrangement with the Chinese manufacturer to provide the technical support to enable it to assemble 3,000 Alvin vehicles in Nigeria.

PAN is one of the few surviving auto assembly plants in Nigeria, which was privatised in 2003 as part of measures to reinvigorate local vehicle production.

According to a statement by the acting Head of Corporate Communication, PAN Nigeria, Mr. Musa Usman, the company had rolled out some units of the product, which are prototypes.

It said, “This is on the strength of a Technical Agreement signed between PAN Nigeria Limited and Changan Automotive Manufacturing Company, brand owners of the ALSVIN, a B and M1 segments car.”

The Memorandum of Understanding was signed in China in October last year, the statement said.

“Chairman, Board of Directors of PAN Nigeria, Alhaji Sani Dauda, led top management of the company to China for the historical event in October last year,” it said.

The team from China was in Kaduna, the production base of PAN Nigeria, on Wednesday to assess the preparedness of the Nigerian auto firm.

“During an inspection tour of the first set of the Nigerian produced ALSVIN to ascertain the overall readiness of the company, the chairman said PAN would initially produce about 3,000 units of the ALSVIN from its Kaduna plant in 2012 with production target expected to increase annually,” it said.

It gave the attributes of the product as having European design, strong Chinese elements and an amenability to the Nigerian terrain.

The Managing Director, PAN Nigeria, Alhaji Shehu Dauda, said the decision to diversify into a multi-brand was market driven and hinged it on the need to produce affordable vehicles within the reach of the middle class in the country.

He said, “We have achieved test production of the Alsvin. We have also exhaustively conducted road test of our production to assess quality and durability which signify our reputation.

http://www.punchng.com/business/pan-set-to-assemble-3000-chinese-cars-annually/
“The results were very favourable as the ALsvin proved to be very suitable for Nigerian roads.”
Re: PICTURES: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by Nobody: 9:12pm On May 14, 2012
Wallie: Looks like Innoson is about to get a competitor from none other than PAN! shocked I guess they don't want to be left out.

Dont just go there when americans and europeans are already pre-ordering inoson trucks and buses. grin grin
Re: PICTURES: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by ak47mann(m): 9:12pm On May 14, 2012
Bandit C.:
Almost every major component of Lamborghini cars, is built by Audi AG Germany, including the engine and body and assembled in Italy but Lamborghini still carries itself as the pride of Italy and even names all their cars after italian bullfighting legends yet you would never see Germans or other Europeans claiming that Lamborghini cars aren't manufactured in Italy.

Envy would destroy some people. Move forward, No, comot for road make others move forward, No. Tufiakwa.
cool cool cool
Re: PICTURES: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by Nobody: 9:14pm On May 14, 2012
Bandit C.:

sorry buddy. . .there is difference between made in Italy and made in Aba. . . grin grin
Re: PICTURES: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by Peter210: 9:15pm On May 14, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
This most be joke, right? Look those buses/cars or whatever are 99.99% (excluding labour) made in china. From mere nut and bolt to connecting rod or driving shaft. Even PAN with their 40% local inputs did not claimed to be manufacturing their cars in nigeria, yet we have some fraudulent individuals importing almost everything from China to a make-shift warehouse called "manufacturing plants", claiming to be manufacturing in nigeria.

It is called 419!

You sound limiting in your thought and you are a typical pessimist. If you cannot encourage then you should go hell and suck yourself dry. ....Incompetent Nigerian. I am a yoruba man and I am highly moved with this kind of development going on in my country. HAS ANY OF YOUR LINEAGE ASSEMBLED A BICYCLE?

6 Likes

Re: PICTURES: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by noiseless: 9:15pm On May 14, 2012
Is that you being ignorant or what? It seems you rather not accept the fact that your "noisy neighbour" has just been deservedly crowned the new king of english premier league. Are you still having a nightmare about the glorious Manchester City with the oil pipeline strectching all the way to Abu Dabi?
amosy007:

Hahahahaha *korean laf* u are such kid....lemme refresh ur formatted memory a bit....this First pure water company ever created in nigeria and recognised by Nafdac was by a yoruba (tunde adeagbo - DIL pure water) which contradict the jargons u said about yoruba not beg creative

2... Who is the owner of Globacom ? If d owner of glo can prove to d world and indeed entire world that something good can still come out of a nigerian man so what is ur problem?

3 ...when will innoson prove to d world that innoson is d best?

4...how come we don't have an Igbo man amoung the Top ten richest men in Nigeria with all d noises u people make ....I think u people are nigeria man city...the noisy neighbour cheesy

1 Like

Re: PICTURES: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by noiseless: 9:26pm On May 14, 2012
You know very well that meant to say 2.00 = 2 dollars.
Rhino.5dm:
Those are usual crimes, which Ibos are still leading. That said.

Now, tell us why those living above 200 dollars daily as you claimed still sell thier babies for just 180 dollars? Bros, even a mid-sized goat worth more than 30 000 naira in the market shocked shocked.

My Pit bull(dog) worth more than 70 000 naira, which means I could have collected Emeka and Chinedu and still have 10 000 naira change. shocked shocked. grin

Anywayz, I don't want laugh much today. Lemme free you cool

Re: PICTURES: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by manny4life(m): 9:31pm On May 14, 2012
~Bluetooth:

sorry buddy. . .there is difference between made in Italy and made in Aba. . . grin grin

Haha, no according to what Rhino stated earlier, it should be "Made in Germany", don't you think so? undecided undecided undecided

Made in Aba, is still solid, and still has Nigerian brand, so brother, deal with it.
Re: PICTURES: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by noiseless: 9:37pm On May 14, 2012
Look at this alhj boko harem arguing with himself. WHY IS NIGERIA FULL WITH BUNCH OF FAKE PEOPLE?
jp philips:

you don't get it do you? Nigeria is a country where price is a huge purchase factor, there was DSTV then an indigenous HiTV came as an alternative at what price and what service quality?

same for MTN vs Glo, glo can attribute their newest patronage to their downward price review in the last year. it is not enough attributing their lack of patronage to non patriotism but they come into the market as inferior alternatives in both price and service quality, Nigerians aint stup!d.

the local manufacturers said the cost of entrepreneurship in Nigeria is high (unfortunately true) as such their price are as high as their foreign counterparts, are they really alternatives?

do you know that some Aba made sandals are more expensive than their European counterparts even at a less quality?

i rem. when Obasanjo banned the importation of rice, our locally produced ugboka rice (half stone half rice) sold thrice the price of their imported counterparts, i was shocked.

Glo is the only network that one can call himself dialing another person's number, good enough, it comes at a cheaper price so its a viable alternative.

the local manufacturers will only get the patronage they deserve only when the cost of entrepreneurship is reduced to an ebb that will encourage improved product quality at a competitive price, any thing short is a total waste of man-hour
Re: PICTURES: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by Wallie(m): 9:46pm On May 14, 2012
Someone said that Ford/Toyota is no different than Innoson. That's diametrically opposite from the truth. Ford/Toyota and other big car manufacturers design their cars from scratch and specify the specification of the parts they need to make the care. It is true that they do not manufacture most parts except for the engine.

Here's a perfect analogy of what they do.

[b]Imagine you want to make your favorite food. You will go to the market to buy the ingredients you need to prepare the food. Once you start cooking, you then decide the amount of salt, pepper, maggi, water, etc that goes into the food. That's what real car manufacturers do. Just like you did not grow the pepper on your farm, they do not manufacture every little piece that goes into the car but they go to the “market” to buy what they need.

On the other hand, if you buy and cook a bag of Indomie, you'll be doing what Innoson is doing. You simply relied on someone else's skill to make your food taste great. Someone else determined the amount of salt, pepper, and/or maggi that goes into that little pouch in the Indomie bag. They even precooked the noodles and told you how much water to add. All you have to do is to follow proper instructions on how to boil it for it to turn out great.

In other words, car manufactuers design the system and specify the parts needed, while car assemblers simply have to follow directions on how/where to bolt the pieces together.
[/b]

I'm saying all this not because I think what Innoson is doing is trivial but to correct the misconception rampant in this thread. Innoson is doing EXACTLY what needs to be done to turn into the Toyota of tomorrow. They still have a very long way to go and they will need patronage to get there. Their vehicles may not be comparable to the Toyotas of today but they still offer a hell of a value and we can still claim that they are assembled in Nigeria. By the way, this is the same exact thing BMW does in South Africa. The BMW 3 Series are mostly assembled in South Africa at the Rosslyn plant.

http://innosonivm.com/en/ProductView.Asp?ID=54

http://www.king-long.com.cn/en/p_detail.asp?pr_class=5&id=106

For the rest of Innoson's Bus line up, see the link below:
http://innosonivm.com/en/ProductList.Asp

http://dongfengbus.en.alibaba.com/productlist.html

3 Likes

Re: PICTURES: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by EkwyOmalicha: 9:52pm On May 14, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Oops. . .when are you going to buy innoson sedan abi truck ni ? grin naija girls no dey enter truck o tongue

chai grin
And the endless sob continues……ndo tongue

[size=18pt]Innoson Eba Ano[/size] haters gulp otapiapia grin
Re: PICTURES: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by ak47mann(m): 9:53pm On May 14, 2012
Wallie: Someone said that Ford/Toyota is no different than Innoson. That's diametrically opposite from the truth. Ford/Toyota and other big car manufacturers design their cars from scratch and specify the specification of the parts they need to make the care. It is true that they do not manufacture most parts except for the engine.

Here's a perfect analogy of what they do.

[b]Imagine you want to make your favorite food. You will go to the market to buy the ingredients you need to prepare the food. Once you start cooking, you then decide the amount of salt, pepper, maggi, water, etc that goes into the food. That's what real car manufacturers do. Just like you did not grow the pepper on your farm, they do not manufacture every little piece that goes into the car but they go to the “market” to buy what they need.

On the other hand, if you buy and cook a bag of Indomie, you'll be doing what Innoson is doing. You simply relied on someone else's skill to make your food taste great. Someone else determined the amount of salt, pepper, and/or maggi that goes into that little pouch in the Indomie bag. They even precooked the noodles and told you how much water to add. All you have to do is to follow proper instructions on how to boil it for it to turn out great.

In other words, car manufactuers design the system and specify the parts needed, while car assemblers simply have to follow directions on how/where to bolt the pieces together.
[/b]

I'm saying all this not because I think what Innoson is doing is trivial but to correct the misconception rampant in this thread. Innoson is doing EXACTLY what needs to be done to turn into the Toyota of tomorrow. They still have a very long way to go and they will need patronage to get there. Their vehicles may not be comparable to the Toyotas of today but they still offer a hell of a value and we can still claim that they are assembled in Nigeria. By the way, this is the same exact thing BMW does in South Africa. The BMW 3 Series are mostly assembled in South Africa at the Rosslyn plant.

http://innosonivm.com/en/ProductView.Asp?ID=54

http://www.king-long.com.cn/en/p_detail.asp?pr_class=5&id=106

For the rest of Innoson's Bus line up, see the link below:
http://innosonivm.com/en/ProductList.Asp

http://dongfengbus.en.alibaba.com/productlist.html
civilized yoruba,when you see one you will no cool

1 Like

Re: PICTURES: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by Wallie(m): 9:56pm On May 14, 2012
Bandit C.:

I understand the point you're trying to make but I think that you're giving Audi way too much credit. Plus, I don't like Audi because they're overweight and prone to understeer, so I can't let them take credit for my beloved Lambo! grin

LAMBORGHINI has torpedoed claims that it uses 20 per cent of Audi parts in its hot new Gallardo LP560-4 coupe. Company boss Stephan Winkelmann said Lamborghini would continue to use no more than [b]10 per cent of donor equipment from Audi.

"It's always been the case that we use 10 per cent and this will not change for the future,"[/b] he said.

Lamborghini said it is proud to be a part of the Audi family and the fact that it can draw on chassis and power train development that encompasses the Ingolstadt maker's acclaimed all-wheel-drive layout.

Winkelmann said customers demand something that is exclusively Lamborghini and that there is no need to have any more borrowed content from its owner.

"They (customers) can accept some of the hidden parts like oil filters and the electronic powertrain and I believe 10 per cent borrowed from Audi is enough to give you synergies and scale."

Lamborghini continues to deny that the LP560-4 is derived from the Audi R8 platform, instead saying it was developed exclusively at the Sant'Agata headquarters in Bologna.

Ironically the R8 was given its international press launch at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway last year, the same venue Lamborghini is using this month to reveal the new Gallardo to the world's media.

A story that appeared in the mass circulation British publication Autocar recently suggested that Lamborghini was using 20 per cent of gear from Audi.

Visibly among the only parts that have German origins are some switches and controls in the cabin.

If sales are any indication the relationship with the Audi group has placed Lamborghini in the strongest position it has been since the company started in 1962 by tractor businessman Ferruccio Lamborghini.

It is a far cry from when Lamborghini fell into the hands of an Indonesian concern controlled by Tommy Suharto in 1994 after a period of Chrysler ownership.

The Indonesians had no experience nor knowledge of the car industry and their idea of a budget for development of an all-new car was understood to be "a million dollars", barely enough to pay for the paperwork for such a project.
http://aussieexotics.com/forum/lamborghini/lamborghini-denies-heavy-use-of-audi-parts-1833.0.html
Re: PICTURES: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by EkwyOmalicha: 10:00pm On May 14, 2012
~Bluetooth:

It really hurts to be a loser….. anywayz you guys re trying too…after all it is not easy to identify all the grasses in the bush village of Ogbomosho
Carry on with agbo making bro grin at least you ve something to be proud of, celebrate your own nothing do you

[size=18pt]Innoson Ebea Ano[/size]
Re: PICTURES: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by otumfour(m): 10:01pm On May 14, 2012
Ekwy Omalicha:

Ghana still counting grin

angry angry Ghana for whia u liar, why Nigerians dey lie so cool

@bluetooth! my chelsea brother, I no be Nigerian abeg, Ghanaman be me
Re: PICTURES: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by EkwyOmalicha: 10:07pm On May 14, 2012
noiseless: Look at this alhj boko harem arguing with himself. WHY IS NIGERIA FULL WITH BUNCH OF FAKE PEOPLE?

grin grin grin
Re: PICTURES: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by noiseless: 10:14pm On May 14, 2012
Haa haaa! That picture reminds me of RHINO.5DM charging towards everything Igbo the other without his helmet till i crushed his big fat old boneless head.
Arysexy:

u see wot tribalism can cause? otumfour is a Ghanian! ewu yoruba! A Ghanian has noticed how tribalistic Yoruba can be, always envying igbo ingenuity

Blutooth nigga i must wound u today tongue

1 Like

Re: PICTURES: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by Peter210: 11:06pm On May 14, 2012
~Bluetooth:

You sound so foolish and retarded....Incompetent Nigerian. This creates jobs and adds value to the Nigeria economy.Only thing block-headed souls like do is to criticize other people's good work.

1 Like

Re: PICTURES: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by Butoneday2(m): 11:10pm On May 14, 2012
Jealousy, hahahahahahahaha.......dis is just the beginning, dose e dey pain shuld go and drink ''Ogwu oke''. Enemies of progress.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

5 Ways To Identify Bullet Proof Cars On Nigerian Roads. / This Accident Happend At Aggrey Road PortHarcout This Morning(very Graphic Pic) / Vintage Cars On The Street Of Lagos During Independence Day Drive (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.