Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,484 members, 7,781,451 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:35 PM

Pastor Poju Oyemade In The House! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Poju Oyemade In The House! (12528 Views)

Pastor Poju Oyemade & Toyin Fajusigbe Traditional Wedding Photos / Usher Embarrasses Comedienne Princess In Poju Oyemade's Church / Faith Seminar With Pastor Poju Oyemade (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Poju Oyemade In The House! by apostli: 4:30pm On Dec 05, 2008
l want 2 thank God for is love over pastor poju an l pray dat Good lord will coutinue bless him l all soo appreciate him for alow God 2 usd him for grate work thank sooo much. smiley
Re: Pastor Poju Oyemade In The House! by bettes(f): 12:44am On Dec 09, 2008
I attend Covenant ChristianCentre and i have thoroughly been blessed by Pastor Poju messages,may God bless his ministry.
Re: Pastor Poju Oyemade In The House! by shinystar(m): 10:21am On Dec 11, 2008
But why is he not married? Is that not dangerous with the many ladies in the church?
Re: Pastor Poju Oyemade In The House! by longmanjay: 9:04pm On Dec 29, 2008
everybody on this blog should be wary of people like naomijt. they run a blog with one yomisays!,  ALL I CAN DEDUCE IS THAT THAT they pull down men of God like The pastor Adeboye, Oyedepo, oyahilomhe, late benson idahosha and most fore runners of the gospel in nigeria, you won't believe it even people like Pa Akindayomi who started The redeem christain church of God. faith preachers such kenneth copeland, crefo dollars, kenneth hagin, rick warren, Kc price and the likes.

PLEASE AVOID THEM. I WILL ADVISE EVERYBODY ON THIS BLOG TO IGNORE NAOMIJT OR ANYONE OF THEM THAT WILL WANT TO START A STRIFE WITH THE GOSPEL HERE. THEY ARE NOTHING BUT WILD WINDS!!!. THEIR CRITICISM RATHER DRAW PEOPLE AWAY FROM GOD THAN TO HEAVEN!!!!, BEWARE OF THEM
Re: Pastor Poju Oyemade In The House! by Nobody: 5:42am On Jan 02, 2009
weak minds every where in this country sad sad,oh! my pastor, my pastor, pastor. you think it is by speaking greek and big big grammar, a lot of u are lost, lost in people using words for u, in trying to decipher what ur belove pastor is saying, focus on the real issues is lost. you are all there with mouths open, drooling my pastor is too much.
Re: Pastor Poju Oyemade In The House! by longmanjay: 10:56am On Jan 02, 2009
df2006, HAPPY NEW YEAR. This is what i have for you in Phillipians4: 8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things
Phil 4:8 (KJV)

We will be bound and judge by the words of our mouth. In this new year, let the utterance from our lips be seasoned with good things (grace) from the throne of God and not undue criticism and condemnation. let us use phil 4:8 as our guideline this year so that our words will be line with words of grace that will draw more men to God not away from God. Just think what Good will unfounded and unsubstantiated criticism do to the body of christ or than increasing strife to the glory of the devil!!
Re: Pastor Poju Oyemade In The House! by Nobody: 11:51am On Jan 02, 2009
yeah go ahead, keep burying ur head in the sand. and i stand by my words. happy new year to you too.
Re: Pastor Poju Oyemade In The House! by ttalks(m): 2:10pm On Jan 02, 2009
longmanjay:

everybody on this blog should be wary of people like naomijt. they run a blog with one yomisays!, ALL I CAN DEDUCE IS THAT THAT they pull down men of God like The pastor Adeboye, Oyedepo, oyahilomhe, late benson idahosha and most fore runners of the gospel in nigeria, you won't believe it even people like Pa Akindayomi who started The redeem christain church of God. faith preachers such kenneth copeland, crefo dollars, kenneth hagin, rick warren, Kc price and the likes.

PLEASE AVOID THEM. I WILL ADVISE EVERYBODY ON THIS BLOG TO IGNORE NAOMIJT OR ANYONE OF THEM THAT WILL WANT TO START A STRIFE WITH THE GOSPEL HERE. THEY ARE NOTHING BUT WILD WINDS!!!. THEIR CRITICISM RATHER DRAW PEOPLE AWAY FROM GOD THAN TO HEAVEN!!!!, BEWARE OF THEM

Mr. Longmanjay, you shld be the one people shld avoid because u refuse to acknowledge the truth and thereby encourage deception among a lot of folks.These men whom u obviously rever(Adeboye,Oyedepo,Oyakhilome,Oyemade) are people who have given a false representation of the gospel of Jesus Christ and shld be marked and avoided;- Romans 16:17-18.

Don't look on this men because of their achievements;rather make sure they're doing the right things.And I tell u,those men are on the wrong path.
Re: Pastor Poju Oyemade In The House! by longmanjay: 5:29pm On Jan 04, 2009
i ve been on both extreme and also in the middle of the continum with this 'know it all' attitude you guys have. i am quite sure you are in your early or late twenties rarely thrities. i got born again in the early 80s when most of you i suppose were stil in your dapers (chukles cheesy smiley wink ) so i know when i see youths with zeal defending their 'gospel'. All i am saying is that if you are not sent , do pretend to be a messenger that was not sent.

I am sorry if i offended you by the impression you have of me as been a 'false person or xian' , however if the holy spirit who bears witness with me now that i am a son of God Jn 1:12, then let everyman be a liar and God be true. the same goes for these men of God you called false teachers. i beleive if Jesus called them clean and you say otherwise, then God have mercy on your soul and may the mercy of God be applied to us all in jesus name.

God bless you
Re: Pastor Poju Oyemade In The House! by ttalks(m): 7:32pm On Jan 04, 2009
longmanjay:

i ve been on both extreme and also in the middle of the continum with this 'know it all' attitude you guys have. i am quite sure you are in your early or late twenties rarely thrities. i got born again in the early 80s when most of you i suppose were stil in your dapers (chukles cheesy smiley wink ) so i know when i see youths with zeal defending their 'gospel'. All i am saying is that if you are not sent , do pretend to be a messenger that was not sent.

I am sorry if i offended you by the impression you have of me as been a 'false person or xian' , however if the holy spirit who bears witness with me now that i am a son of God Jn 1:12, then let everyman be a liar and God be true. the same goes for these men of God you called false teachers. i beleive if Jesus called them clean and you say otherwise, then God have mercy on your soul and may the mercy of God be applied to us all in jesus name.

God bless you

Longmanjay,

when u make references to the time u got born again and how old I might be in relation to the truth about the gospel, u've made absolutely no sense.
For example, look at the Catholic church; have they not been in existence for many generations,and don't we both know that their doctrine is false due to false interpretations they made from the bible?

These popular men of God u so much admire and respect were also respected by me before, but not anymore.You might ask why.
Well it is simply because, after proper study of the bible as required by the words in it, I came to realize that most of the doctrine propagated by these men were false and in contradiction to what the word of God says.
They've taken so many parts of God's word and built unimaginable theories that are in direct contradiction to the word of God.
Based on that, the gospel that they preach is not the gospel of Jesus Christ but another gospel.

Examples of part of God's word that they've bastardized is "the letter killeth but the spirit giveth life";2 corinthians 3:6, and the "touch not mine anointed and do my prophets no harm";Psalm 105:15 .
Poju Oyemade;on one of his tv broadcasts I watched once completely twisted another part of God's word into meaning something else completely from what was originally intended by the originator of the word.And that portion is Romans 10:8.

So u see, this men are no longer popular with me and a whole lot of sincere Christians because they are twisting God's word into something it is not meant to be and we have been warned in the bible to avoid such people,rebuke them and warn others of their deception.

If they still are favorites to you;which they obviously are,I'm sorry to say that u too are living in the deception of their words and doctrines.
Re: Pastor Poju Oyemade In The House! by longmanjay: 11:14am On Jan 06, 2009
i stand to differ with you that because Catholics doctrines differ from pentecostal, then it is assume that all Catholics are in error. remember Elijah comment about being the only person serving God and God's reply? This was when it was only Elijah that was openly in opposition to Baal.

In fact, i just came from a journey where a catholic friend was my host, a complete holy ghost filled xian with no guile in his mouth. He is still a catholic, should i condemned him as been lost because he adhered to catholic teachings and worship there? it is not in my jurisdiction or my bondage to do that. so i will say No even though i will agree with you to a certain extent that there are errors in their doctrines just as it is with many pentecostal today.

i think the issue we should pursue is rather one's personal conviction from God through the Holy ghost as promised by Jesus when leaving rather than adhrence to doctrines by splinters groups of the various denomination as we have today especially from the pentecostal, the group both of us unfortunately falls into.

God on the last day will not judge us according to these doctrines propagated as the 'real doctrine' by all this splinter groups especially in the pentecostal circles, it is a simple thing, just like the parable of the talents , give account of what you have done with your life or the the salvation we all says we got from Jesus.

Jesus kind of religion is the only religion that needs individual 'persuasion' not congregational, you have to be persuaded by yourself that you are Christ's - born again.

for instance i am persuaded close to 3 decades now that Jn 1:12 is REAL in my life. i am His, in fact i have come to a level that i know i am eternally sold to Christ, condemned to heaven, i myself cannot reverse it again - not even my actions deeds and words can reverse God's seal of sonship in my life anymore because Christ has completely taken over. if it were before i will be offended by your abusive comments, but i do have a good grasp of you plight - not on a negative side please!.

what i will advise is that you use your spiritual energy to develop yourself instead of wasting it on condemning, criticising and opposing people. That was why i initially says we should use philip 4:8 as guideline. the time is shorter than before. the guy with one talents was full of criticsm which the master did not object but pointed him to the real issue, were you productive with the resources God gave you?

so ttalks unless you are convinced that the resources God gave you, is sent to these men of God and to people like us 'who live in error' because we do not join you to condemn them, then go ahead with your gospel of criticism and condemnation, so that your ' 2' and '5' talents of resources may bear you double at the day of reckoning.

However if not, i will advise you pray in your closet for their errors and repentance and your reward will be in open, and use most of these resources to trade and gain the objectives, goals and purpose of your destiny by God - because that is what God will ask you on the last day, not how many errors you detected, also these men of God and ' people like us who do not join you to condemn them too will answer to God independently, are you familiar with the term ' everyone to bear their own cross'?

thanks and God bless
Re: Pastor Poju Oyemade In The House! by ttalks(m): 12:40pm On Jan 06, 2009
longmanjay:

i stand to differ with you that because Catholics doctrines differ from pentecostal, then it is assume that all Catholics are in error. remember Elijah comment about being the only person serving God and God's reply? This was when it was only Elijah that was openly in opposition to Baal.

In fact, i just came from a journey where a catholic friend was my host, a complete holy ghost filled xian with no guile in his mouth. He is still a catholic, should i condemned him as been lost because he adhered to catholic teachings and worship there? it is not in my jurisdiction or my bondage to do that. so i will say No even though i will agree with you to a certain extent that there are errors in their doctrines just as it is with many pentecostal today.

i think the issue we should pursue is rather one's personal conviction from God through the Holy ghost as promised by Jesus when leaving rather than adhrence to doctrines by splinters groups of the various denomination as we have today especially from the pentecostal, the group both of us unfortunately falls into.

Longmanjay,
u are still showing the level of ur understanding and it is still very porous.The word of God is communicating one single and complete message and if ur life is not being directed by that complete message but is rather being directed by part or some of it,u are still found wanting and cannot claim to be part of the message's purpose.
The fact that a Catholic might have the most holy life u've ever seen is not an issue.The issue is whether this holy life is in complete agreement with the gospel of Christ.The Catholic organization has some major doctrine that affects how other parts of their faith is handled.These major doctrine they have are very faulty so it is only common sense that the other aspects have been affected or corrupted by them.Therefore, the whole thing is wrong no matter the semblance it might bear with the real thing.
You say we both belong to the pentecostal denomination.Well,I have to correct u there.You might belong to that denomination but I do not because the pentecostal denomination too is another one that has very major false doctrines that have negatively affected and corrupted the rest of the doctrine within;thereby making it false.
I do not belong to any denomination but the simple body of Christ that is propagated by the word of God.

longmanjay:

God on the last day will not judge us according to these doctrines propagated as the 'real doctrine' by all this splinter groups especially in the pentecostal circles, it is a simple thing, just like the parable of the talents , give account of what you have done with your life or the the salvation we all says we got from Jesus.

Jesus kind of religion is the only religion that needs individual 'persuasion' not congregational, you have to be persuaded by yourself that you are Christ's - born again.

for instance i am persuaded close to 3 decades now that Jn 1:12 is REAL in my life. i am His, in fact i have come to a level that i know i am eternally sold to Christ, condemned to heaven, i myself cannot reverse it again - not even my actions deeds and words can reverse God's seal of sonship in my life anymore because Christ has completely taken over. if it were before i will be offended by your abusive comments, but i do have a good grasp of you plight - not on a negative side please!.

what i will advise is that you use your spiritual energy to develop yourself instead of wasting it on condemning, criticising and opposing people. That was why i initially says we should use philip 4:8 as guideline. the time is shorter than before. the guy with one talents was full of criticsm which the master did not object but pointed him to the real issue, were you productive with the resources God gave you?

so ttalks unless you are convinced that the resources God gave you, is sent to these men of God and to people like us 'who live in error' because we do not join you to condemn them, then go ahead with your gospel of criticism and condemnation, so that your ' 2' and '5' talents of resources may bear you double at the day of reckoning.

However if not, i will advise you pray in your closet for their errors and repentance and your reward will be in open, and use most of these resources to trade and gain the objectives, goals and purpose of your destiny by God - because that is what God will ask you on the last day, not how many errors you detected, also these men of God and ' people like us who do not join you to condemn them too will answer to God independently, are you familiar with the term ' everyone to bear their own cross'?

thanks and God bless

God will judge us all based on the standard he left us with and that standard is the word of God;the complete message within.
Having a life in Christ is being subject to the complete message of the word of God and not just part of it or the part that augurs well with you, so when u say a life in Christ is based on how u are convicted by it,then u are wrong if u are insinuating that the whole message should not apply for u to have that life in Christ.

You talk about spending time praying for those who err from the word of God than pointing out their wrong or critisizing them.Nobody is saying we should not pray for them but alongside praying for them,you should point out their wrong and critisize their wrong so as to hopefully get them to repent and change.The word of God indicates this.You can't just choose the part that goes down well with you and leave the rest.
Being a sincere Christian would mean you both pray for them and also critisize and point out their wrong.That is the complete thing to be done.

Check out the point being communicated in Revelations 2:18-20:

Revelations 2:18-20
(18  And unto the angel of the church in Thyatira write; These things saith the Son of God, who hath his eyes like unto a flame of fire, and his feet are like fine brass;
(19)  I know thy works, and charity, and service, and faith, and thy patience, and thy works; and the last to be more than the first.
(20)  Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols.

The passage above shows that God was happy for their good works, but he was displeased by the fact that they still left an aspect undone;they allowed the false prophetess to continue to deceive the people.They did not put up any effort to stop her,point out her wrongdoing or critisize her wrong.

So,in conclusion, the truth will always be the truth.It's either you are in for the whole thing(the complete message of the bible) or you are completely out.
Re: Pastor Poju Oyemade In The House! by longmanjay: 2:21pm On Jan 06, 2009
ttalks can you please try and not be abusive and disrepectful - it is something i found out with you guys that are always in haste to cast out the tittle in one's eye while ignoring the 'iroko tree in their eyes'.
let everyman be persuaded of his conviction for Christ and let everyman carry his own cross. ttalks, i will leave you with this and ponder on it, the letter killeth but the spirit giveth life, i will always go with the latter , i mean always. Time out and God bless.
Re: Pastor Poju Oyemade In The House! by ttalks(m): 9:47pm On Jan 06, 2009
Longmanjay,
Since when has pointing out an undeniable fact become being abusive.If ur understanding based on what u communicate is porous,my stating it is simply stating the truth and not being abusive or disrespectful.I would suggest that you really try to get ur facts right about what being abusive and being disrespectful really mean.

Now,that said,I would really like it if u could share what u understand by "the letter killeth and the Spirit giveth life" because ur use of it here;based on what it actually means, is quite inappropriate.
Re: Pastor Poju Oyemade In The House! by Tumin: 11:47am On Mar 04, 2009
@ Namj
Romans 14:4; '' Who are you that judges another man's servant ? To his master he stand or falls.

You sound like you have some personal beef with Pastor Poju. If that is the case, please dont attempt to colour the image of God on this Man of God. Even if you have any past beef, allow the rest of us who want to be blessed listen to his teachings without biased minds. Even if you are right, then get on your knees and pray for the body of Christ. Don't disrespect the bloodline by speaking such things about another child of God.

If you are as ''deep'' and as ''Christian'' as you say you are, then you prolly understand what i am saying and ur conscience will be speaking to you, but if you dont understand what i am saying, then you prolly still need a lot of tutelage in the things of God and how they are relevant to our social, economic, and even political lives.

If the latter is the case, then frankly you need to learn to keep quiet in public and listen more. It is not a mistake of anatomy that you have two ears and one mouth, you need to learn to listen twice as much as you talk.
Re: Pastor Poju Oyemade In The House! by dastudent(m): 3:28pm On Aug 06, 2009
Pastor poju always emphasizes on people reading the bible themselves .So whats the qualms with everyone.
Re: Pastor Poju Oyemade In The House! by seyenko(m): 3:52pm On Aug 07, 2009
Can someone confirm to me if he is a tax and tithe collector like the others, i really need a church that preaches the teaching of Christ and not Judaism
Re: Pastor Poju Oyemade In The House! by lynxnoon(m): 1:32pm On Jul 19, 2010
seyenko:

Can someone confirm to me if he is a tax and tithe collector like the others, i really need a church that preaches the teaching of Christ and not Judaism
come to the church and see for urself
Re: Pastor Poju Oyemade In The House! by Duroe: 1:25pm On Jul 20, 2010
Well I don't know about the Pastor Poju Oyemade, but I will advise him to be careful of all these people praising him. I hope the messages are not the one that pleases men and not God?
Re: Pastor Poju Oyemade In The House! by lynxnoon(m): 2:21pm On Jul 20, 2010
Duroe:

Well I don't know about the Pastor Poju Oyemade, but I will advise him to be careful of all these people praising him. I hope the messages are not the one that pleases men and not God?
go to www dot insightsforliving dot org & download some messages; or better yet come to any of d services @ yaba n V.I to confirm by yourself
cheers
Re: Pastor Poju Oyemade In The House! by sgtponzihater1(m): 9:57am On Jul 15, 2017
God bless pastor poju Oyemade
Re: Pastor Poju Oyemade In The House! by olumyde(m): 12:49pm On Jul 01, 2019
Easyy:

I have never been known to involve in long arguments here so I dont want to start. Please could you substantiate what you wrote above.

Pastor Poju is someone I know quite well, even on a personal level. We were in fellowship together @ Unilag, lived together, ate together, prayed together, shared the word of God together and generally did many things together in Mariere. Although we are friends, I have the utmost admiraration for his desire for the undiluted word of God and his complete dedication to the word of God. These things had been evident since we were young guys.

Hello! I also admire Pastor Poju a lot but I heard something I'll like to confirm. I heard he has been married and divorced before. Is that true?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Muslim Refugees Throw Away Aid Parcels From Red Cross Because Of Crosses On Them / Why Do Self-Confessed Criminals And False Pastors Sell CDs ? / Question For Atheists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.