Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,934 members, 7,803,061 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 08:24 AM

Picture Of Carlos Tevez Holding Up 'RIP Fergie' Sign - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Picture Of Carlos Tevez Holding Up 'RIP Fergie' Sign (22806 Views)

A Picture Of Carlos Tevez's Payslip / Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! / Carlos Tevez Hands In Written Transfer Request (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Picture Of Carlos Tevez Holding Up 'RIP Fergie' Sign by fortyfeet(m): 8:47am On May 15, 2012
the controversy that surrounded TEVEZ future in united after two seasons is the reason for what he did. TEVEZ requested for contract extension but FERGIE hoping to land BENZEMA, and sell TEVEZ ignored him and only to return to him when BENZEMA deal failed. TEVEZ knowing what happened prefered to leave as against FERGIE demand. he deserves this and even worse. RIP FERGIE, RIP UNITED. UP CHELSEA, UP CITY, UP LIVERPOOL.
Re: Picture Of Carlos Tevez Holding Up 'RIP Fergie' Sign by Nobody: 8:52am On May 15, 2012
ENZO SCIFO:

See the bolded below.Manchester City's Carlos Tevez parades 'RIP Fergie' sign

Manchester City have apologised after striker Carlos Tevez was pictured with a sign saying "RIP Fergie" during his side's Premier League title parade.

The former Manchester United forward poked fun at former boss Sir Alex Ferguson, as City paraded their trophy on an open-top bus through Manchester.

The sign was thought to refer to a 2009 response by Ferguson, when asked if United would ever be City's underdogs.

Ferguson said at the time: "Not in my lifetime".

A City spokeswoman said: "The creation of the tasteless material is in itself reprehensible and in accepting and brandishing it, Carlos has made a significant error of judgement.

"The club wishes to express its sincerest apologies to Sir Alex Ferguson and Manchester United Football Club for any offence or distress caused."
Tevez at City

Tevez, who left United in 2009 for City, said: "I got carried away in the excitement of the moment and I certainly didn't mean any disrespect to Sir Alex Ferguson, who I admire as a man and a manager."

The 28-year-old former Boca Juniors and Corinthians forward moved to English football in 2006, joining West Ham.

After helping them avoid relegation from the Premier League, he moved onto United, where he spent two seasons, winning two Premier League trophies and the Champions League. He scored 34 goals in 87 goals for the Red Devils.

But in the summer of 2009 he moved across Manchester to rivals City.

Tevez was top scorer in each of his first two years at Eastlands but this season was punctuated by a self-imposed spell back in Argentina after an argument with manager Roberto Mancini about his alleged refusal to warm up in a Champions League game with Bayern Munich.

Mancini had said Tevez would not feature for him again but brought him back in for the title run-in, with former City player Rodney Marsh saying: "Mancini will be sacked if Tevez plays and City don't win the title."

He impressed on his return to City, scoring four goals in 10 games, and featured in the final day win over QPR that clinched their maiden Premier League title.

And the striker has now said he could stay at the club months after it looked certain he would

See below too, atleast i put a link to verify

Manchester City have condemned striker Carlos Tevez after he was seen brandishing a poster which read 'RIP Fergie' in regards to Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson.
Sportingbet Open an account with Sportingbet today and get up to £50 in free bets!

The former Red Devils striker was given the poster by a fan at their trophy parade and was seen holding it aloft live on Sky Sports.

The poster was in retaliation to comments made by Ferguson previously in the season when he said that City would never win the title 'in his lifetime'.

A City spokesperson said: "The creation of the tasteless material is in itself reprehensible. In accepting and brandishing it, Carlos has made a significant error of judgement.

"The club wishes to express its sincerest apologies to Sir Alex Ferguson and Manchester United for any offence or distress caused."
http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2012/05/14/3103428/manchester-city-apologise-for-rip-fergie-poster-brandished
Re: Picture Of Carlos Tevez Holding Up 'RIP Fergie' Sign by jude33084(m): 8:53am On May 15, 2012
ifysoft: Its ON.. New Season Loading.. We shall see who laughs After the new season.. That City Match with QPR should be looked into for possible match fixing... 2 goals in 4 mins is impossible..

COMPLETE MUMU TALK! ManU do it all the time.
Re: Picture Of Carlos Tevez Holding Up 'RIP Fergie' Sign by ENZOSCIFO1: 8:53am On May 15, 2012
jmoore:

Man utd 1- 6 Man City who is the underdog ? I think Sir Alex predicted his death, if Man City keeps beating Man utd he will die soon.
You my dear friend need to go brush up english language skills.

My question to you is this 'In any sports or field of human endeavour is the underdog decided after a bout/ match or before?. Utd went into that match as defending champions and came out loosers, City on the other hand were the underachievers and challengers hence the underdogs that came out victorious, and that is why the match was tagged the upset of the season!
Re: Picture Of Carlos Tevez Holding Up 'RIP Fergie' Sign by AkpuNku2: 9:05am On May 15, 2012
i have ask my self times with out number, why most of the Chelsea fans are very useless ? i mean 98% of them are slowpoke
Re: Picture Of Carlos Tevez Holding Up 'RIP Fergie' Sign by rickymart: 9:05am On May 15, 2012
It is of note that man utd have not shown any form of respect to their neighbours. So getting one @ them shouldn't be a big deal, no disrespect to Sir Alex
Re: Picture Of Carlos Tevez Holding Up 'RIP Fergie' Sign by yemmight(m): 9:07am On May 15, 2012
May be once again, we shall have decent comments we used to share here when NL was new. I what a decent person should come out and say here is Tevez should apologies not to say fergie deserve it etc. Irrespective of the club u might belong to, u need to criticize constructively. This is same guy that abandoned his team for a while. Man City is almost ruined as a result of
indiscpline.
Re: Picture Of Carlos Tevez Holding Up 'RIP Fergie' Sign by BabaOlowo: 9:08am On May 15, 2012
It is going to be RIP Mancini next time when he is eventually sold off to another club.
Re: Picture Of Carlos Tevez Holding Up 'RIP Fergie' Sign by niyooah(m): 9:09am On May 15, 2012
You will never hear such word or display from great players to any coach cos they know in future they may become a coach one day. Let me make ask a question 4 those who are in support of Tevez 'How would u feel if someone make such comment about you DAD' shocked
Re: Picture Of Carlos Tevez Holding Up 'RIP Fergie' Sign by Abeyjide: 9:11am On May 15, 2012
ifysoft: Its ON.. New Season Loading.. We shall see who laughs After the new season.. That City Match with QPR should be looked into for possible match fixing... 2 goals in 4 mins is impossible..

wat do u mean?did u watch chelsea vs astonvila ,man city vs sunderland?stop sayin tins lke dis as if u are watching ball for d first tym
Re: Picture Of Carlos Tevez Holding Up 'RIP Fergie' Sign by fortyfeet(m): 9:22am On May 15, 2012
Akpu.Nku:
i have ask my self times with out number, why most of the Chelsea fans are very useless ? i mean 98% of them are slowpoke
do you have the answer now? if no, ask TEVEZ. if yes, go to TEVEZ for correction.
Re: Picture Of Carlos Tevez Holding Up 'RIP Fergie' Sign by Ozonna(m): 9:27am On May 15, 2012
chrisley024: All these make d game more entertainin n interestin!

Simple!!! Football is football because of this. I'm a Man Utd fan,it pained me that we didn't win but no team wins all the time and dat what makes football(all sports) interesting.
Tevez overdid it. He should apologise to SAF. For those that are quooting what SAF said @ d begining of the season,for your information BRAGGING/BOASTING is allowed in football and wishing your opponent dead IS NOT ALLOWED(I.e insults)
Re: Picture Of Carlos Tevez Holding Up 'RIP Fergie' Sign by AkpuNku2: 9:38am On May 15, 2012
fortyfeet:
do you have the answer now? if no, ask TEVEZ. if yes, go to TEVEZ for correction.

why not answer the question ur self ?
Re: Picture Of Carlos Tevez Holding Up 'RIP Fergie' Sign by fortyfeet(m): 9:42am On May 15, 2012
lanred81: Guys guys guys,why is everybody sayin all dis ? Ferguson did not say city will never win d league in his lifetime,he said United will never be underdogs to City."Not in my lifetime" now if Tevez can't speak english,can't we too? Tevez is a confused asshole!
then take him as you see him and stop complaining.
Re: Picture Of Carlos Tevez Holding Up 'RIP Fergie' Sign by rasputinn(m): 9:48am On May 15, 2012
Yes Alex Ferguson deserves some jabs,but not this arrant display of foollishness from Tevez that,truth be told,is the most undeserving of that medal.Good thing he has now been told how very dispensable he is @ the Eastlands.I predict he has a short time to stay at the club
Re: Picture Of Carlos Tevez Holding Up 'RIP Fergie' Sign by Nobody: 9:57am On May 15, 2012
rasputinn: Yes Alex Ferguson deserves some jabs,but not this arrant display of foollishness from Tevez that,truth be told,is the most undeserving of that medal.Good thing he has now been told how very dispensable he is @ the Eastlands.I predict he has a short time to stay at the club

Abeg leave tevez jare. . . .he has just shown ferguson that he goofed big time. cheesy cheesy Above all,they didnt win any title. grin
Re: Picture Of Carlos Tevez Holding Up 'RIP Fergie' Sign by Abeyjide: 10:13am On May 15, 2012
[quote author=Akpu.Nku]i have ask my self times with out number, why most of the Chelsea fans are very useless ? i mean 98% of them are slowpoke [/quote

y makin such a silly comment?gat to b mature in ur comment.
Re: Picture Of Carlos Tevez Holding Up 'RIP Fergie' Sign by Boyoorisha: 10:20am On May 15, 2012
otus4me: This is a fake pics, he can never do that. He didn't have a beef wit sir alex ferguson.
The news is all over England, it is not fake!
Re: Picture Of Carlos Tevez Holding Up 'RIP Fergie' Sign by ssabdulm1(m): 10:23am On May 15, 2012
sheer photoshop
Re: Picture Of Carlos Tevez Holding Up 'RIP Fergie' Sign by mansmith(m): 10:30am On May 15, 2012
did Sir Alex Say R.I.P Tevez?
kingsilly: The poster was in retaliation to comments
made by Ferguson previously in the season
when he said that City would never win the
title 'in his lifetime'.
so who first find trouble??
Re: Picture Of Carlos Tevez Holding Up 'RIP Fergie' Sign by baslone: 10:33am On May 15, 2012
elampiro: Tevez was bitter with the way he left United in 2009. At that time, he felt he left unceremoniously. Man U bought Tevez from West Ham, but he could not exactly repeat his form in Man United as he was overshadowed by Rooney and Ronaldo. He worked hard, but he could not fit into United pattern of play and he appeared to slow the pace of play or delay the attacking speed whenever the ball was passed to him. He would make three-four wrong passes out of five in crucial matches. In the Champion's League final 2008 against Chelsea, he missed two glaring chances that could have burried the match when Man U was 1-0 up, later Lampard equalised and the match went into penalty. In 2008-2009 season he was mostly used as substitute or alternate striker to Berbatov who just arrived from Totteham. Tevez could not produce the kind of performance Ferguson wanted for a top striker, hence the need to sell him to pave way for Berbatov to settle.

MR OGBENI!!! Firstly, MAN U didnt buy him, he was on a two-year loan deal.

Secondly. The same under-performing player was offered a deal that could have made him the the highest paid in MANCHESTER UNITED!

Lastly, Stop getting it twisted!! It was CARLOS TEVEZ that DUMPED MAN U!!!

On 10 May 2009, Tévez was reported as saying that he believed his time at Manchester United would
come to an end that summer and he expressed his dissatisfaction at not having been offered a permanent
contract with the club and having been dropped from the team despite, in his opinion, not having played badly.

Despite this outburst, Tévez was named in Manchester United's starting XI for the derby match against
Manchester City later that day, before scoring the second of United's two goals on the stroke of half-time,
which prompted chants of "Fergie, sign him up" from some of the club's fans.

After the match, manager Alex Ferguson refused to be drawn on the subject of Tévez's future with the club,
saying "I didn't read any of the papers. He's a Manchester United player."

The following game for Manchester United was away at Wigan Athletic. Tévez did not start the game, but
came off the bench on 58 minutes and scored the equaliser three minutes later with a flamboyant back-heeled
finish. His introduction immediately improved the team's play and Michael Carrick scored the winner on 86 minutes.

After the game, to the relief of most United fans, Alex Ferguson announced that the club had commenced talks
to sign Tévez on a permanent deal. This news came on the same day as claims in The Sun that United lawyers were
looking into the possibility of a Bosman-type case, which would allow Tévez to be signed for free.

Tévez started the next game against Arsenal, but was substituted by Park Ji-Sung in the 66th minute. As he left
the field, the Manchester United supporters applauded him, in his last game at Old Trafford for Manchester United.
United chief executive David Gill suggested that Tévez's future would be resolved by early June 2009.

Although United agreed to meet the option fee of £25.5 million and offered Tévez a five-year contract that would
have made him one of the club's top earners, Tévez's advisors informed the club that he no longer wished to play for
Manchester United

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Carlos Tevez Holding Up 'RIP Fergie' Sign by Sike(m): 10:47am On May 15, 2012
Pure mad.ness!
Re: Picture Of Carlos Tevez Holding Up 'RIP Fergie' Sign by chrisley024(m): 10:48am On May 15, 2012
Nawaoo! All these cos of foreign clubs n futball!
Re: Picture Of Carlos Tevez Holding Up 'RIP Fergie' Sign by Nobody: 10:54am On May 15, 2012
Frankiss44:

Get your facts right pls... Fergie didn't say Citeh won't win the title... What he said was the man utd will never be underdogs to Citeh in his life time.
What Tevez did was stupid and its good his club has apologized for the love of the game.
You shouldn't have bothered in refreshing their memories. If people want to act like forgetful joes, let them wallow in their amnesia!
SAF who, over the years, has always advocated for more competitiveness in the EPL and has often said any EPL club can win the title will suddenly wish death upon himself because citeh happened to win the league?
Re: Picture Of Carlos Tevez Holding Up 'RIP Fergie' Sign by Tattooboy: 10:54am On May 15, 2012
Holacunlay: That's not matured enough.
perhaps. But if Fergie is not dead, how could Man City win? ''Not in My Lifetime''.
Re: Picture Of Carlos Tevez Holding Up 'RIP Fergie' Sign by Yorisb: 11:00am On May 15, 2012
Tattooboy: perhaps. But if Fergie is not dead, how could Man City win? ''Not in My Lifetime''.

Lol
Re: Picture Of Carlos Tevez Holding Up 'RIP Fergie' Sign by AkpuNku2: 11:04am On May 15, 2012
Abeyjide: [/quote][quote]

Shut up, mumu
Re: Picture Of Carlos Tevez Holding Up 'RIP Fergie' Sign by MrTA(m): 11:05am On May 15, 2012
Tattooboy: perhaps. But if Fergie is not dead, how could Man City win? ''Not in My Lifetime''.

He didn't say City wouldn't win though? He said He wouldn't let Man united become underdogs to City in his Lifetime. At the start of the season he even said he expects that City were rightfully favorites for the title but he expects united to Challenge them as well.

Its a bit of banter which there is nothing wrong with but personally i think its in poor taste.
Re: Picture Of Carlos Tevez Holding Up 'RIP Fergie' Sign by Nobody: 11:06am On May 15, 2012
kingsilly: The poster was in retaliation to comments
made by Ferguson previously in the season
when he said that City would never win the
title 'in his lifetime'.
so who first find trouble??

[size=15pt]Good Point What do you expect from an Old man who said city will Win Trophy after he his dead[/size]
Re: Picture Of Carlos Tevez Holding Up 'RIP Fergie' Sign by ENZOSCIFO1: 11:15am On May 15, 2012
There's'no point following this thread anylonger as it seems some people are just set in their ways and are incapable of logical and meaningful reasoning.

Imagine someone hailing and encouraging an action in which the culprit has publicly apologised for and also his employers.
Do u know more about the whole incident than City management?
Re: Picture Of Carlos Tevez Holding Up 'RIP Fergie' Sign by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:19am On May 15, 2012
elampiro: Tevez was bitter with the way he left United in 2009. At that time, he felt he left unceremoniously. Man U bought Tevez from West Ham, but he could not exactly repeat his form in Man United as he was overshadowed by Rooney and Ronaldo. He worked hard, but he could not fit into United pattern of play and he appeared to slow the pace of play or delay the attacking speed whenever the ball was passed to him. He would make three-four wrong passes out of five in crucial matches. In the Champion's League final 2008 against Chelsea, he missed two glaring chances that could have burried the match when Man U was 1-0 up, later Lampard equalised and the match went into penalty. In 2008-2009 season he was mostly used as substitute or alternate striker to Berbatov who just arrived from Totteham. Tevez could not produce the kind of performance Ferguson wanted for a top striker, hence the need to sell him to pave way for Berbatov to settle. Tevez was to go to Liverpool but his agent preferred City because he felt it would be direspectful to United if Tevez played for the club's number one rival. When Tevez left, he started insulting Ferguson instantly, he cited that bringing Berbatove was unneccessary and that unsettled him the more, having already been put under pressure from the performance of Rooney, Ronaldo, Park and even Nani. He said if he scored against Man United, he would run towards the bench and make mockery of Fergie. But it was not until a carling cup match he got a goal for City via a penalty, but city still lost the match, and Tevez was unable to mock Fergie as Adebayo had earlier been sanctioned by FA for mocking his old club. It is most important to state here that it was in reponse to an interview, when asked if he thinks City will dominate Man U in the EPL with the way they were buying big players, that Ferguson responded mentiond that will not be in his lifetime. It was more of a general statement. All these are still vivid in my memory because I follow Man United deeply.

First of all, Fergie never considered Tevez a failure nor someone not replicating his West Ham form. In West Ham Tevez was left on the bench, it was only when everyone believed West Ham was relegated did they give Tevez a chance and he rescued West Ham from relegation.

In Man Utd, Tevez combination with Rooney was one of the greatest technical combinations ever witnessed in Manchester United's history. They were not as strong as the Yorke and Cole combination when it comes to scoring goals but their understanding was the best in Europe creating room for CR7 (Cristiano Ronaldo) to score 32 goals in the league that season. Anderson, who was an emerging talent from Brazil was selected over Ronaldhino in the Copa America was also blossoming that time. Nani was a great force also.

As soon as Carlos Queiroz, then the assistant left to go and coach Portugal, SAF (Sir Alex Ferguson) changed everything. First Tevez had done well in his first season and SAF had the option to buy him. He had #10 million left from Tevez loan money and only needed #20 million to buy Tevez chose to buy Berbatov over #30 million and dropped Tevez on the bench. Meanwhile Berbatov playing style did not suit the fast counter attacking game that led Man Utd to Champions League success. Only brought in Tevez when games were tough and Tevez on numerous occasions rescued Man Utd from defeat.

Dropped Tevez from playing the Champions League Final, Switched CR7 position with Rooney's own causing CR7 to go from 32 goals to 18 goals the next season. Many other things took place like dropping of Nani, Changing Solksjaer from the attack Coach to the Academy coach and Anderson lost his place in the team.

Finally when Tevez had his problem with Mancini, when Mancini said Tevez will never play for Man City, SAF said Mancini did the right thing. You can see why Tevez is angry with him and your Analysis of what lead to this isn't accurate.

Although I don't condone what Tevez did, I don't blame him for what he did.
Re: Picture Of Carlos Tevez Holding Up 'RIP Fergie' Sign by polorus(m): 11:41am On May 15, 2012
To me, two wrongs does not make a right, Tevez is not the captain or coach or even the spokesperson 4 city, he is not qualified in anyway to be the one to respond 4 city, How can a pot call kettle black.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Manchester City Vs Leicester City (3 - 1) On 21st December 2019 / Nottingham Forest Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On 1st January 2023 / English Premier League Table And Top Scorers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.