Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,204 members, 7,807,688 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:30 PM

A Borrowed Life! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Borrowed Life! (3173 Views)

Are You Living On Borrowed Time? / Do You Pay Tithe On Borrowed Money / This Gentile Kingdom Is Living On Borrowed Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Borrowed Life! by Raylight2(m): 3:22am On May 15, 2012
Dear Reader, do you know that your life is borrowed? Do u know that we're accountable to whatsoever we do with our lives? Do you know that a day is coming when we all will be made to give an account of how we spent our lives here on earth? Just these few questions for you to ponder on.

Jesus our Lord and Master is coming again and when he comes, then this life will be over. He's going to judge everyone the way he finds us. Self righteousness can't take anyone to heaven. The fact that you don't steal, kill, smoke, fornicate, tell lies and the likes can't take u to heaven. It is only those whose names are written in the Lamb's book of life that can enter into God's Holy Kingdom. If u want your name written in that book of life, just confess your sins unto him and asking Him to forgive you. Invite Him into your life as Lord and Master and Believe in your heart. (Romans 10:9)

1 Like

Re: A Borrowed Life! by johnjets: 3:39am On May 15, 2012
God bless you!
Re: A Borrowed Life! by ATMC(f): 6:47am On May 15, 2012
@op if righteousness can't take me to heaven, what will?
Re: A Borrowed Life! by Raylight2(m): 9:02pm On May 15, 2012
@ATMC: I'll answer your question with my personal story/experience. I was born into a christian family where I was made to study my Bible, I had no girl friend, never fornicated, gentle and easy going like a real born again and was even a member of the Choir in my church. Well recognized, called a brother in the church but had no record in Heaven. I was 'self-righteous' but wasn't righteous before God. This kind of righteousness I talked about, can't take one to heaven. If I had died in that condition, I would have ended up in hell. Only the righteousness from God gotten after genuine repentance can take one to heaven.
Re: A Borrowed Life! by Ozegbe(m): 9:50pm On May 15, 2012
Raylight_1: @ATMC: I'll answer your question with my personal story/experience. I was born into a christian family where I was made to study my Bible, I had no girl friend, never fornicated, gentle and easy going like a real born again and was even a member of the Choir in my church. Well recognized, called a brother in the church but had no record in Heaven. I was 'self-righteous' but wasn't righteous before God. This kind of righteousness I talked about, can't take one to heaven. If I had died in that condition, I would have ended up in hell. Only the righteousness from God gotten after genuine repentance can take one to heaven.
you probably would have made heaven, cause now that you think you are destined for heaven, you may just end up in hell.
BTW so much for this HELL AND HEAVEN. Personally i dont believe in HELL.
Re: A Borrowed Life! by ichuka(m): 10:02pm On May 15, 2012
ATMC: @op if righteousness can't take me to heaven, what will?

But we are all as an unclean thing,and All our righteousness are as filithy rags;and we all do fade as a leaf,and our iniquities,like the wind,have taken us away..Ish64:6
But as we are in Him,He has become our Righteousness here on earth....1Cor1:30.
For God looks for the Righteousness of His Son in all our endeavours here on earth.
Re: A Borrowed Life! by ATMC(f): 8:13am On May 17, 2012
@raylight thank god u said genuine repentance. What most pple preach this day does not include genuine repentance. I'd a very funny experience one time, a certain church was sharing a devotional last yr independence day nd i happen to be around, so they gave me nd my boyfriend nd asked if we were bornagain, we said no, there nd then they told us to get bornagain by repeating after them...i smiled nd my guy said to him shee d prayer is @ d back of this book, he said yes, my guy told him we will say it later. Nd he gave us a form to fill, while we were filling d form...he kept prodding me to give my life to christ, so while my guy was filling his, i said d prayers he asked me to nd he congratulated me, lol, i kept laughing, he then told my guy dt my life's changed dt's y i'm laughing, well i's laughing cos i'm like i hadn't repented, as a matter of fact, we were headed to my guy's house if u know what i mean. This leaves me wondering at most christians, jesus came nd preached repentance, likewise john, how come his followers ain't hammering on dt? Who told u dt d prayer of salvation is in d book of romans? Nd who told u dt salvation is instant...didn't u read...u shall be saved...a process. @i.chucka define righteousness for me
Re: A Borrowed Life! by Ptolomeus(m): 10:00pm On May 17, 2012
Raylight_1: Dear Reader, do you know that your life is borrowed? Do u know that we're accountable to whatsoever we do with our lives? Do you know that a day is coming when we all will be made to give an account of how we spent our lives here on earth? Just these few questions for you to ponder on.

Jesus our Lord and Master is coming again and when he comes, then this life will be over. He's going to judge everyone the way he finds us. Self righteousness can't take anyone to heaven. The fact that you don't steal, kill, smoke, fornicate, tell lies and the likes can't take u to heaven. It is only those whose names are written in the Lamb's book of life that can enter into God's Holy Kingdom. If u want your name written in that book of life, just confess your sins unto him and asking Him to forgive you. Invite Him into your life as Lord and Master and Believe in your heart. (Romans 10:9)
Whenever I fornicate, I repent.
But honestly ... I have already said many times that does not seduce me of going to heaven. At least I would not go to heaven with angels that feathered (I'm allergic to feathers), walking on clouds all the time ... no sex ... and worst of all, I have said that Jehovah plays the harp all the time, and does it very badly ...
Re: A Borrowed Life! by charlesssssss: 2:39am On May 18, 2012
A word written/spoken goes b4 us. I dont talk or argue much but one thing i know, self-righteousness, and good works or ur blasphemous words can not stop Gods judgement to all who forsake him. U can go and read journey to hell by sister josefa menendez to have an incite abt hell. May God almighty have mercy on you.
Re: A Borrowed Life! by ichuka(m): 8:38am On May 18, 2012
ATMC: @i.chucka define righteousness for me

You are joking right?
Re: A Borrowed Life! by Ptolomeus(m): 5:24pm On May 18, 2012
charlesssssss: A word written/spoken goes b4 us. I dont talk or argue much but one thing i know, self-righteousness, and good works or ur blasphemous words can not stop Gods judgement to all who forsake him. U can go and read journey to hell by sister josefa menendez to have an incite abt hell. May God almighty have mercy on you.
Thanks for the prayer dear brother ...
Please do not forget your request for me to release these feathers and the horrible sound of the harp ...
My greetings to Josefa Mendez ... she is the daughter of Mr. Mendez.
Re: A Borrowed Life! by ATMC(f): 11:02pm On May 18, 2012
i.chuka:

You are joking right?
no
Re: A Borrowed Life! by ichuka(m): 12:17am On May 19, 2012
ATMC: no

It is the state of moral excellence mandated by God to enter Heaven.
Re: A Borrowed Life! by ATMC(f): 4:45am On May 19, 2012
i.chuka:

But we are all as an unclean thing,and All our righteousness are as filithy rags;and we all do fade as a leaf,and our iniquities,like the wind,have taken us away..Ish64:6
But as we are in Him,He has become our Righteousness here on earth....1Cor1:30.
For God looks for the Righteousness of His Son in all our endeavours here on earth.
u mean d above statements represents a state of moral excellence?
Re: A Borrowed Life! by manmustwac(m): 5:18pm On May 19, 2012
the way politicians thief money in this country you'd wouldn't think that its a borrowed life you'd think its more like the only life.
Re: A Borrowed Life! by ichuka(m): 12:56am On May 20, 2012
ATMC: u mean d above statements represents a state of moral excellence?

Yes,thats what God looks for,the moral excellence of His Son in us here on earth.
Re: A Borrowed Life! by ATMC(f): 6:51am On May 20, 2012
i.chuka:

Yes,thats what God looks for,the moral excellence of His Son in us here on earth.
i doubt u know d meaning of d word moral. Means following what is acceptable in d society, question- when jesus walked d earth was he following what's right? No...his disciples ate without washing their hands, he spoke harshly, etc. So how come god will now look for d moral excellence of his son in u now dt u came on d scene? I doubt u know what righteousness is.
Re: A Borrowed Life! by ichuka(m): 7:29am On May 20, 2012
ATMC: i doubt u know d meaning of d word moral. Means following what is acceptable in d society, question- when jesus walked d earth was he following what's right? No...his disciples ate without washing their hands, he spoke harshly, etc. So how come god will now look for d moral excellence of his son in u now dt u came on d scene? I doubt u know what righteousness is.

I doubt if you know who Christ is,and the true meaning of Christainity.
Re: A Borrowed Life! by ATMC(f): 8:50am On May 20, 2012
i.chuka:

I doubt if you know who Christ is,and the true meaning of Christainity.
we r talking about moral nd righteousness...
Re: A Borrowed Life! by Jenwitemi(m): 9:03am On May 20, 2012
If you believe that each life is a borrowed and precious one, why then are you wasting yours on believing ancient fairy tales given to your forefathers by white slave traders and passed down to you?
Raylight_1: Dear Reader, do you know that your life is borrowed? Do u know that we're accountable to whatsoever we do with our lives? Do you know that a day is coming when we all will be made to give an account of how we spent our lives here on earth? Just these few questions for you to ponder on.

(1) (Reply)

10 Christ Like Figures That Predate Jesus / Ogboni Fraternity (rof) / Very Interesting Facts About Iraq

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.