Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,555 members, 7,809,027 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:13 PM

Winners Chapel Covers-up Case Of Missing 2 Year Old Praise Eleng - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Winners Chapel Covers-up Case Of Missing 2 Year Old Praise Eleng (25245 Views)

Women Working At Church Children's Chapel (Photos) / BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" / Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Winners Chapel Covers-up Case Of Missing 2 Year Old Praise Eleng by Dipwater(m): 11:12am On May 15, 2012
Mmuo Okija:

I could think of over 50 ways to turn this into a Tribal issue... But a little girls life is at stake here so... Heres the other me;

First of all, I find it very disturbing that many parents tend to have absolutely zero regards for the security and well-being of their kids. This isnt peculiar to winners chapel at all, so dont worry, I havent started bashing Oyedepo. If many of you here would be honest, look at the childrens department in your churches and imagine how easy it would be for a child predator to waalk in and take away a child. The security around them are lax, the guardians in charge are lacadesical and the entire set-up is a waste.

Thats why it is advisable to parents to keep their kids with them in the "ADULT" section of the church. It is not as if in the adult section, profanity or curse words are used.. Keeping your kids with you during the service gives the parents a better advantage to have an idea where their child is and what their child is doing.. Also, the parennts get to explain the preaching to their kids. In the so-called childrens department in most churches, the kids barely learn anything.

Now!! OYEDEPO... No surprises.. He didnt sense any evil.. Yet the girl is missing. And it didnt occur to the witch-slapping Preacher to call the police and put out an APBwith the girls picture immediately the incident was reported... NO!! He was more interested in proecting the image of his church and buying jets..

The parents should sue him and Winners to court for criminal negligence.. and damages to the tune of 50 billion Naira.
A man of God dat made bh run mad can equally make the kidnappers run mad. Wat is he waiting? Naija wit there crap religious belief.and how old is the child sef

1 Like

Re: Winners Chapel Covers-up Case Of Missing 2 Year Old Praise Eleng by MmuoOkija: 11:13am On May 15, 2012
mkmyers45:

Are you in kindergarten? Didn't you read the article? Tarnish ko fish ni

Deluded Dude

Without a doubt, the r'etard is a kindergarten school dropout! angry
Re: Winners Chapel Covers-up Case Of Missing 2 Year Old Praise Eleng by MmuoOkija: 11:14am On May 15, 2012
musKeeto:
Stagger the drunk... so na because you be Winners family member, you comment. What of 'As a fellow human' or 'As a parent'... nonsense..

With all the money the charlatan makes from tithes, he wants to make money from 'RANSOMS' also?

Dont forget rituals as well..

1 Like

Re: Winners Chapel Covers-up Case Of Missing 2 Year Old Praise Eleng by mkmyers45(m): 11:15am On May 15, 2012
e.dynasty:
I think the teachers not Oyedepo will be called for questioning. What baffles me in the whole story was "the said teachers all left for 'service' before properly handing the kids of whom they were giving custody". Oyedepo has nothing here, they do.

Lawd have mercy...why hasnt he called them to order?
Re: Winners Chapel Covers-up Case Of Missing 2 Year Old Praise Eleng by jkeva: 11:18am On May 15, 2012
This is a very serious issue, well i really do not blame the church rather i wil blame d parent, a whole child has been missing for a year plus and its now they deem it fit to make it known to the public, am quiet sure if it was as it happened they gave an alarm and people get to know abt it, d child even if kidnapped would have been recovered. Its too late to cry when the head is off bt a pray they get to d root of d matter.

1 Like

Re: Winners Chapel Covers-up Case Of Missing 2 Year Old Praise Eleng by AjanleKoko: 11:19am On May 15, 2012
Mmuo Okija:

Dude!!

Immediately the Church accpeted the children and handed the parents the slip saying that they indeed dropped off their kids in their care, the church automatically assumed responsibility for the security and well being of that child and are liable in this case as the child went missing in their custody due to the negligence of the church employed caretakers..

Where is the darn technicality in this?! angry

There's no slip, just a decal tag. Just like when you park your car somewhere and you get a tag. Not a slip. Nothing exists to say, I received this child and am responsible for his/her safety. Conversely, they have not really divested themselves of any liability, so I believe they can be sued for negligence.

However, they have since revamped/improved their security at the children's department, as I'm told. However, I think the parents should put sentiment aside and file an action. It's a case of negligence, and they can get some redress with a good lawyer.
Re: Winners Chapel Covers-up Case Of Missing 2 Year Old Praise Eleng by cyril83(m): 11:21am On May 15, 2012
ozoebuka1: Wow... wonders shall never end... by the fact that they hid it from d general public, something is wrong somewhere... woman, abeg report da case to da police if u wanna know what happened to ur child ,praise,
di story is highly complicated....nawa for all diz churches sef
Re: Winners Chapel Covers-up Case Of Missing 2 Year Old Praise Eleng by MmuoOkija: 11:21am On May 15, 2012
jkeva: This is a very serious issue, well i really do not blame the church rather i wil blame d parent, a whole child has been missing for a year plus and its now they deem it fit to make it known to the public, am quiet sure if it was as it happened they gave an alarm and people get to know abt it, d child even if kidnapped would have been recovered. Its too late to cry when the head is off bt a pray they get to d root of d matter.

Then you underestimate the powers these Pastors have over their followers...

I am glad the parents have come to their senses.. although I think that if that child isnt dead, then she has prolly been sold into whatever..

Now, the parents should just sue the church and make enough money to train the other twin and live life and die billionaires..

1 Like

Re: Winners Chapel Covers-up Case Of Missing 2 Year Old Praise Eleng by mkmyers45(m): 11:22am On May 15, 2012
jkeva: This is a very serious issue, well i really do not blame the church rather i wil blame d parent, a whole child has been missing for a year plus and its now they deem it fit to make it known to the public, am quiet sure if it was as it happened they gave an alarm and people get to know abt it, d child even if kidnapped would have been recovered. Its too late to cry when the head is off bt a pray they get to d root of d matter.

What the heck are you talking about?

The are probably poor and have no one to come to their aid....He was informed and he clearly tried to cover up the matter or didn't you read the article? You attend winners dont you? angry angry angry
Re: Winners Chapel Covers-up Case Of Missing 2 Year Old Praise Eleng by edynasty: 11:26am On May 15, 2012
Mmuo Okija:

I hope you arent a graduate because your reasoning is still at primary 3 level..

What has grduate got to do with the topic. Some folks suddenly feel temperamental with issues and forget their rationale. A child is missing in Lagos State, what has Fashola got to do with answering questions regarding the missing child?...this is a similitude to my stance. There's something called 'first referrals'...learn it!

1 Like

Re: Winners Chapel Covers-up Case Of Missing 2 Year Old Praise Eleng by ZUBY77(m): 11:27am On May 15, 2012
Oyedepo should consult his fellow Yoruba criminals/scammers to help him pray and recover the child. Since TBJoshua cansee tomorrow, what is so hard in seeing yesterday when the child got missing?

1 Like

Re: Winners Chapel Covers-up Case Of Missing 2 Year Old Praise Eleng by cold(m): 11:28am On May 15, 2012
Problem is,the parents would be so scared to even begin to contemplate the prospect of dragging Oyedepo whom they as well as thousands of brain washed oafs see as a god,or indeed 'The God' & his cohorts to court.It's been over a year now,surely the thought of taking legal action must have crossed their minds more than once but they must have brushed it aside insisting on 'leaving the matter to God'.
Even if they eventually decide to press charges,they may have to back pedal under intense pressure from apologetics,many of whom can be found here.Threatening fire & brimstone,curses & the wrath of their crooked granddaddy.These numskulls may even go a step further & harm the parents of the missing/abducted girl & put it down to the wrath of God.These morons can go to any length to protect their demi god
Re: Winners Chapel Covers-up Case Of Missing 2 Year Old Praise Eleng by MmuoOkija: 11:28am On May 15, 2012
AjanleKoko:

There's no slip, just a decal tag. Just like when you park your car somewhere and you get a tag. Not a slip. Nothing exists to say, I received this child and am responsible for his/her safety. Conversely, they have not really divested themselves of any liability, so I believe they can be sued for negligence.

However, they have since revamped/improved their security at the children's department, as I'm told. However, I think the parents should put sentiment aside and file an action. It's a case of negligence, and they can get some redress with a good lawyer.

WOW!!!

Any garage where you park your vehicle and recieve a tag or tally, you will never see the sign "VEHICLE PARKED AT OWNERS RISK".. The reason being that the instant they give you that tally, they have accepted liabilty for your car against theft and vandalisation. Should your car get stolen and driven out through that gate while you still have your tag/tally with you, the owners of the park are liable.. Simple law.

Now, the childcare center was provided by Winners Chapel, the Minders/guardians are all employees of Winners Chapel. If winners chapel hadnt given them those tags, then there could be an arguement that winners chapel wasnt liable. But that tag was a certification that winners cahpel had accepted into their custody 'xxxxxx' person and would be released to you upon presentation of that tag. Thats why I cant walk in there and pick up a child when I dont have a tag. You cannot indemnify Winners Chapel in this case. If the Daycare were owned by a third party, then yes but in this instance, Winners Chapel is liable and must be charged with 'criminal negligence'.

1 Like

Re: Winners Chapel Covers-up Case Of Missing 2 Year Old Praise Eleng by MmuoOkija: 11:29am On May 15, 2012
e.dynasty:

What has grduate got to do with the topic. Some folks suddenly feel temperamental with issues and forget their rationale. A child is missing in Lagos State, what has Fashola got to do with answering questions regarding the missing child?...this is a similitude to my stance. There's something called 'first referrals'...learn it!

Yup!!

You are either not a graduate or a re'tard... I shall offer sacrifices on your behalf.. MAy the gods have mercy on you!!
Re: Winners Chapel Covers-up Case Of Missing 2 Year Old Praise Eleng by edynasty: 11:31am On May 15, 2012
mkmyers45:

Lawd have mercy...why hasnt he called them to order?

And what makes you Sir think he might not have called them already?. Let me ask something analogical, If a crime case is reported who is more appropriate to seat in first for questioning...the head of suboordinates or surordinates that are supposed heads?...we can start from here while we save ourselves popping some nerves already. wink

And one more thing i aint do no Winners! wink
Re: Winners Chapel Covers-up Case Of Missing 2 Year Old Praise Eleng by edynasty: 11:33am On May 15, 2012
Mmuo Okija:

Yup!!

You are either not a graduate or a re'tard... I shall offer sacrifices on your behalf.. MAy the gods have mercy on you!!

Trust me boi, you dont want to go down this road with me...trust me!. Howbeit, i beckon on you my supposed friend to answer the question i offered already - "A child is missing in Lagos State, what has Fashola got to do with answering questions regarding the missing child?"...answering this will help me know the IQ of my respondent wink

1 Like

Re: Winners Chapel Covers-up Case Of Missing 2 Year Old Praise Eleng by Nobody: 11:34am On May 15, 2012
Father,in the name of Jesus,
i,as a beneficiary of the liberation commission,
i decree that PRAISE be found within 48 hrs,
proof once again that your servant is called,
angels of the most high God
begin to comb the nook & crannies of Ota and its environs
give us a testimony to the Glory of your name and shame of the devil
In Jesus' precious name i pray,AMEN!

2 Likes

Re: Winners Chapel Covers-up Case Of Missing 2 Year Old Praise Eleng by mkmyers45(m): 11:36am On May 15, 2012
e.dynasty:

And what makes you Sir think he might not have called them already?. Let me ask something analogical, If a crime case is reported who is more appropriate to seat in first for questioning...the head of suboordinates or surordinates that are supposed heads?...we can start from here while we save ourselves popping some nerves already. wink

Ok, Since you are so sure he has.....Where is the kid? what explanation has he given over the past one year? Oi, isn't he supposed to see things?
Re: Winners Chapel Covers-up Case Of Missing 2 Year Old Praise Eleng by doctokwus: 11:38am On May 15, 2012
Sanctity of human life is taken for granted in this part of d world;d church seemed more concerned wt protecting its image dan looking for d missing child;y has d police not bn informed,evn if dey maynot do much,bc every missing person shd b a police affair,evn if its for record purposes.Again,in dis modern age wt incidents of paedophilia/child trafficking worldwide,its almost criminal to seperate any child frm d parents,evn @service.No church in d western world can evn attempt it,so y is it allowed here;& to imagine d caregivers had to leave for service says a lot.While not trying to single out winners chapel,its high time churches in nigeria begin 2 realise dat a lot goes wrong in dese churches& any church dat acknowledges such& tries to correct dem,just like d catholic church is,after so many years of denial;will win more respect in d long run,dan dis attitude dat d church/pastor are tingods& infallible
Re: Winners Chapel Covers-up Case Of Missing 2 Year Old Praise Eleng by mkmyers45(m): 11:38am On May 15, 2012
hardleyC: Father,in the name of Jesus,

ROFL
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Lawd!!!! Miss, Hasn't Daddy prayed too?
Re: Winners Chapel Covers-up Case Of Missing 2 Year Old Praise Eleng by cyril83(m): 11:39am On May 15, 2012
ZUBY77: Oyedepo should consult his fellow Yoruba criminals/scammers to help him pray and recover the child. Since TBJoshua cansee tomorrow, what is so hard in seeing yesterday when the child got missing?
u dnt have to tribalise di issue on ground.....wat di f*ck is wrong wit u...if u dnt have any gud tin 2 contribute then kip di f*ckin mouth shut
Re: Winners Chapel Covers-up Case Of Missing 2 Year Old Praise Eleng by MmuoOkija: 11:41am On May 15, 2012
e.dynasty:

Trust me boi, you dont want to go down this road with me...trust me!. Howbeit, i beckon on you my supposed friend to answer the question i offered already - "A child is missing in Lagos State, what has Fashola got to do with answering questions regarding the missing child?"...answering this will help me know the IQ of my respondent wink

Its like this...

The missing money in NNPC for which the subsidy probe was set-up, everyone is calling President Jonathan.. Reason, NNPC is under him.
In Lagos State, if a child gets killed/dies due to the negligence of a teacher. When the suit if filed in court, the Lagos State government (Fashola), The Lagos State board of Education and The Principal of that school are all going to be named as defendants in that case. Reason being that Fashola is the Head of the state, who appointed the Head of the Lagos State board of Education who in turn employed the negligent teacher. Everyone has a case to answer.. And when the Teacher is found guilty, and damages are awarded, guess who would be paying that money?! Lagos State Government.

Same applies to Winners chapel. I could even break it down for you;

Oyedepo owns that Church and all the employees work for him. Now the Parents prolly dont even know the name of the teacher whom they handed over their wards to, but it is believe that Winners Chapel does. And should the teacher pick up a child and shoot the kid at point blank, Oyedepo would be in court. The teacher would go to jail, but Oyedepo has a case to answer.

Same for manyother instances...
Re: Winners Chapel Covers-up Case Of Missing 2 Year Old Praise Eleng by Nobody: 11:43am On May 15, 2012
hardleyC: Father,in the name of Jesus,

Papa, in the name of WINNERS,
I, as a confirmed mugu of the liberation commission
I declare that PRAISE be found before the COMING OF JESUS
Prove once again that your servant did not receive missed call,
Angelinas of the Jet-Flying God,
Begin to slap and pursue every witch that captured Priase
And we'll bring a testiMONEY to the glory of FAITH and shame of Nairaland

AMIIINNN
Re: Winners Chapel Covers-up Case Of Missing 2 Year Old Praise Eleng by MmuoOkija: 11:47am On May 15, 2012
Viewing this topic: akthedream(m), st brown, hefner, e.dynasty, Deedee49, first_lady(f), ZUBY77(m), Willzkid(m), chuks49(m), hardleyC(f), Joeblis, wakeupgian(m), visagal(f), gabe_logan(m), newtral(f), aliya247, shmerje, jkeva, Immune#1(m), iredola(f), kingstan20(m), TeskyMan(m), olumide77, eleven(m), sandiyke(f), presfedrep and 64 guest(s)

Winners Chapel News is always hot!!

grin
Re: Winners Chapel Covers-up Case Of Missing 2 Year Old Praise Eleng by edynasty: 11:48am On May 15, 2012
mkmyers45:

Ok, Since you are so sure he has.....Where is the kid? what explanation has he given over the past one year? Oi, isn't he supposed to see things?

At least you've just saved yourelf from the "random irrationality syndrome". Folks just blab with the bandwagon without giving first and proper thoughts to the details of an issue.

1st of, there was no where in the post that asserted the members of winners tried stopping the man from heading for the court. So dudes acting like the antis should cut some slacks

Also, 2nd is what gives us the deluded impression that member of Winners might not have officially reported the case for proper investigation.

The father is speaking as frustrated, which is normal but then who is to blame? the parents, the bishop or the custodians?
Re: Winners Chapel Covers-up Case Of Missing 2 Year Old Praise Eleng by jkeva: 11:52am On May 15, 2012
Mmuo Okija:

Then you underestimate the powers these Pastors have over their followers...

I am glad the parents have come to their senses.. although I think that if that child isnt dead, then she has prolly been sold into whatever..

Now, the parents should just sue the church and make enough money to train the other twin and live life and die billionaires..

what kinda power after a year a child has been missing? Since d pastor said he sensed no evil den where is the child? I still blame the parent..
Re: Winners Chapel Covers-up Case Of Missing 2 Year Old Praise Eleng by stagger: 11:55am On May 15, 2012
musKeeto:
Stagger the drunk... so na because you be Winners family member, you comment. What of 'As a fellow human' or 'As a parent'... nonsense..

With all the money the charlatan makes from tithes, he wants to make money from 'RANSOMS' also?

We are here talking about a missing child and you are talking tithes. What is the connection between the two?

You have always been an idi.ot and I do not expect you to change now. Nonsense!
Re: Winners Chapel Covers-up Case Of Missing 2 Year Old Praise Eleng by Okijajuju1(m): 11:58am On May 15, 2012
Deleted...

2 Likes

Re: Winners Chapel Covers-up Case Of Missing 2 Year Old Praise Eleng by Okijajuju1(m): 11:58am On May 15, 2012
e.dynasty:

At least you've just saved yourelf from the "random irrationality syndrome". Folks just blab with the bandwagon without giving first and proper thoughts to the details of an issue.

1st of, there was no where in the post that asserted the members of winners tried stopping the man from heading for the court. So dudes acting like the antis should cut some slacks

Also, 2nd is what gives us the deluded impression that member of Winners might not have officially reported the case for proper investigation.

The father is speaking as frustrated, which is normal but then who is to blame? the parents, the bishop or the custodians?

Now, I understand your problem.

The post says and I quote;

Oyedepo:
“He (Oyedepo) walked with us to the Children’s department and after praying, he said he has not seen any evil signal,”

How does a man of God say this. A child goes missing and you havent seen any evil and its been month and his evil rader is yet to change. What he did was damage control. Pacifying the parents.. Now its been months and nothing.

Original article: Although the Church’s founder, David Oyedepo, was said to have shown support to the family, however, Samuel alleged that the Church had been meddling with the case to prevent it from going public.

Guess the support shown?! Money I guess.

Why didnt the case go public 24hrs after it happened?! Why wasnt a reward offered for her safe return?! But when Boko blew up one of his branches, he was quick to curse them out on public T.V.

You called the father frustrated!! I call him fed up.. I'm sure its finally dawning on him the the series of prayers are not working.

Oyedepo employed those negligent teachers and he is responsible.. maybe if he had diverted 1 or 2 of his platoon of Bodyguards and Mopol to watch over those kids, they would all be safe today!
Re: Winners Chapel Covers-up Case Of Missing 2 Year Old Praise Eleng by jkeva: 12:00pm On May 15, 2012
mkmyers45:

What the heck are you talking about?

The are probably poor and have no one to come to their aid....He was informed and he clearly tried to cover up the matter or didn't you read the article? You attend winners dont you? angry angry angry

winners my foot, so snc pastor oyedepo tried covering it up n if dey had reported the case to d police he wud av killed dem abi? Answer me.
Re: Winners Chapel Covers-up Case Of Missing 2 Year Old Praise Eleng by stagger: 12:01pm On May 15, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt:

Unfortunately GOD is very busy y'see, he has to keep tabs on all the monies accruing to him that his appointed anointed MOGs have appropriated for themselves, riding jets instead of cost-effective chariots. but seriously, the more Nigerians replace constituted law for biblical laws and pastor-worship thsi is the result. it took him that long to realize that he needed constituted law to solve his problem. God definitely won't unless he wants to guilt-trip whoever stole that child (probably for ritual purposes)

I am usually worried when people who are supposed to be mature start talking like children.

The issue here is that the population of parents and kids is so large that this case shows very clearly that there needs to be a complete overhaul of the system of identification. I have had cause to observe the scenario when church is over and the crowd control situation where parents are busy jostling for their kids and children's department teachers are struggling to identify tags properly is less than satisfactory.

This has nothing to do with God, or the church as an institution. There is a crowd control unit and there needs to be an overhaul of the situation.
Re: Winners Chapel Covers-up Case Of Missing 2 Year Old Praise Eleng by Nobody: 12:08pm On May 15, 2012
stagger:

I am usually worried when people who are supposed to be mature start talking like children.

The issue here is that the population of parents and kids is so large that this case shows very clearly that there needs to be a complete overhaul of the system of identification. I have had cause to observe the scenario when church is over and the crowd control situation where parents are busy jostling for their kids and children's department teachers are struggling to identify tags properly is less than satisfactory.

This has nothing to do with God, or the church as an institution. There is a crowd control unit and there needs to be an overhaul of the situation.

You are indeed a drunk... The church knows it holds public events and so is responsible for whatevere crowd control or mugu control units they have.. you can't absolve them of blame in this case.

And stop being such an asshole.. like say if na ur pikin, u for dey speak all dis grammar... Nonsense...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. / Pastor Noah Abraham Hypnotised Our Children, Set Them Against Us — Parents / Pope Francis Appoints Peter Chukwu Bishop For Abakaliki Catholic Diocese (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.