Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,808,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:14 AM

No More Christmas For Me! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / No More Christmas For Me! (5365 Views)

Is Christmas For True Christians? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

No More Christmas For Me! by Gamine(f): 5:08pm On Nov 15, 2007
iv deccided to stop celebrating christmas

cos its not a christian thing

now that i know the evils behind 'christmas'

i will do my best to educate as many pple as possible!
Re: No More Christmas For Me! by jerrymania(m): 5:15pm On Nov 15, 2007
@ gamine

well its your own life. it nor concern me
Re: No More Christmas For Me! by Gamine(f): 5:56pm On Nov 15, 2007
Who asked u here

im gona post a link as soon as possible

u will soon understand why 'christmas' is not a christain thing!

no where in the bible did they celebrate it!

3 wise men indeed!
Re: No More Christmas For Me! by pilgrim1(f): 6:13pm On Nov 15, 2007
Lol. . . @Gamine,

There's really no need to be over-reactive. Christmas is not a "Christian-thing", abi? Okay, no worries. Why would anyone care less whether or not it was mistaken as such?

The basic understand that people have is that Christmas reminds them of the birth of Jesus Christ - and nobody really cares to calmly contemplate what the Birth of Christ means before they throw themselves on the streets to celebrate that holiday.

But whatever the hue and cry, do the wrong impressions mean that Christians should never celebrate the birth of the Saviour? cheesy Should we rejoice at all that the Saviour was indeed born?

Talking about celebrations, the inspired apostle does not restrain anyone from honouring an invitation offered by non-Christians to their parties. "And if any of the unbelievers invite you, and you desire to go, eat everything set before you, examining nothing because of conscience." (1 Cor. 10:27). I am in no place to judge any Christian for partaking of such invitations - it is their personal choice. And what if that invitation is about Christmas? grin

Okay, point made. Let's not become boiled over about Christmas. . . or even Easter, etc. There are more serious issues that we can warn and educate others about. But as the wise apostle says: "One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind. " (Rom. 14:5).

Many blessings. smiley
Re: No More Christmas For Me! by Gamine(f): 6:24pm On Nov 15, 2007
Na, im not sspewing no venom here

but i was shocked at the many practices of 'christmas'

that r so pagan

the devil wanting us to constantly remember

the baby Jesus instead of the risen King

i get u , pilgrim

im just so happy my eyes r open
Re: No More Christmas For Me! by pilgrim1(f): 6:41pm On Nov 15, 2007
No wahala. wink

One more thing: it's good to enjoy the 'opened eyes'; but we should also recognize that while the devil tries to hold us down to a "baby" Jesus because of 'Christmas'; so he also tries to hold us to many very wrong notions of the Kingdom and Lordship of Jesus Christ.

Besides, it is not all as simplistic as some people try to make it sound - because usually so many people will complain about December 25th, or how Christians are not supposed to worship on Saturday or Sunday, blah blah. Sometimes it may even get so confusing. But the fact is that if we pay so much attention to the distractions, then there would be no day of the week left for any Christian to do anything. Sunday, as they say, is reserved for worship of the sun; Thursday, they say, is a day devoted to the pagan god "Thor", etc!

Haba! grin

Anyhow, enjoy - and may your days be filled with His blessings.
Re: No More Christmas For Me! by janami(f): 6:43pm On Nov 15, 2007
u are on your own. me? i wil like to celebrate the birth of my saviour
The birth of a new life
The birth of redemption. it is not about not celebratin christmas, it is how u go about celebrating it.
Re: No More Christmas For Me! by Nobody: 6:45pm On Nov 15, 2007
hmm
Re: No More Christmas For Me! by Gamine(f): 6:53pm On Nov 15, 2007
lol.

i celebrate the birth of Jesus evry day

but i do know that he died and he is Risen as King of my heart not baby

i will enjoy my holidays but

just know that Christmas=/= Celebrating Christ the King

Also

Santa claus= Satan Lucifer

just scramble the names, ok

lol
Re: No More Christmas For Me! by janami(f): 8:12pm On Nov 15, 2007
yeah, i know there are some questionable traditions some westerners induge in during christmas, but then like i said it all depends on how u go about ur celebration.
Re: No More Christmas For Me! by Betty605: 8:36pm On Nov 15, 2007
Gamine:

iv deccided to stop celebrating christmas

because its not a christian thing

now that i know the evils behind 'christmas'

i will do my best to educate as many people as possible!

(no comment)
jerrymania:

@ gamine

well its your own life. it nor concern me

LOL cheesy grin
Re: No More Christmas For Me! by Nobody: 2:16am On Nov 16, 2007
@ GAMINE,

i wont be surprise if you will say YOU ARE NO LONGER CELEBRATING YOUR BIRTHDAY

Nobody is giving a hoot about that, apart from your boyfriend onlt if he's sharing a different belief from yours.
Re: No More Christmas For Me! by Horus(m): 10:35am On Nov 16, 2007
The way things are going Christianity, like Christmas will fade away because they are focusing on FAITH and MYTH rather than TRUTH and SCIENTIFIC FACT. They say that we and our Black Egiptian Ancestors are heathens or pagans, yet look at what their own Bible says about their “Christmas Tree”:

SANTA= SATAN

What does Santa have to do with the birth of Jesus Christ?

Satan dresses in RED.
Santa dressed in RED.
Santa comes in through the FIREPLACE
Satan comes from the PLACE of FIRE (Hell)

Are you still doubting that as a Christian you have forsaken Jesus Christ for Santa (Satan)   The BIBLE is a Black Egiptian Book and it has been translated out of the Ancient Tongues of the Prophets and Servants of The Most High. Get back on track.
Well, we must save the Children from this wicked paganistic practice called “CHRISTMAS”. We Africans must Celebrate December 25th, as “CHILDREN’S DAY”.  The Children are encouraged to give each other gifts, and their parents also give their Children Gifts.  AND no one LIES by telling the Children that Satan …,  OOPS…I mean Santa Is paying them off for being “good” for the whole year since last Christmas.  So our little innocent children fall in love with “Santa”(Satan) rather then Jesus Christ, Their Savior.  We all know that it is GOD who REWARDS us for being GOOD while Satan … OOPS…I mean Santa , rewards us for being wicked and selling to him our Souls for a price.
Re: No More Christmas For Me! by Gamine(f): 3:49pm On Nov 16, 2007
Abegi

Enitan wateva

i dont giv a hoot wht u think either, bday is a personal stuff, christmas aint

so dont come here to start forming papas

Horus,

u ma understand what i mean! smiley
Re: No More Christmas For Me! by sidnazious(m): 4:08pm On Nov 16, 2007
Jesus is love

LORD JESUS PLS SAVE US FROM ALL EVIL
Re: No More Christmas For Me! by wakagirl: 4:14pm On Nov 16, 2007
''u are on your own. me? i wil like to celebrate the birth of my saviour
The birth of a new life
The birth of redemption. it is not about not celebratin christmas, it is how u go about celebrating it.''

That's tha word!
Re: No More Christmas For Me! by Emmyzwon: 4:17pm On Nov 16, 2007
girlishfella.7geek.com
Re: No More Christmas For Me! by EKENEA(m): 4:33pm On Nov 16, 2007
GAMINE--------ITS YOUR LIFE, DURING XMAS TIME PLEASE HIDE YOUR SELF IN A DEEP HOLE.
Re: No More Christmas For Me! by rume(m): 4:34pm On Nov 16, 2007
WISDOM is the answer!!!  Now it seems like scales have been removed from your eyes, some more years and it would be like insight and understanding have covered up what you are so enthusiastic of now.

I am enjoying my holiday in joshua style
cheesy cheesy
Re: No More Christmas For Me! by chuckdee4(m): 4:35pm On Nov 16, 2007
@ Gamine

If i can celebrate my birthday i don't see why i can't celebrate that of Christ Jesus, it may not be the exact date but its the acknowledgment that counts.
You have obviously read something somewhere, post a link to it or let us know so that everyone can see where ur coming from, u can't call Santa Clause Santa Lucifer and expect us to understand
Re: No More Christmas For Me! by Joey82(m): 4:49pm On Nov 16, 2007
@poster,

what i'm curious to hear about are those evil things u say are behind christmas.
besides, even if there are evil practises about christmas, u should just try to celebrate urs in a christian and righteous way.
Re: No More Christmas For Me! by mekoyo(m): 4:51pm On Nov 16, 2007
Only Christ himself knows his true worshippers.
Re: No More Christmas For Me! by showbobo(m): 5:01pm On Nov 16, 2007
BLAH BLAH BLAH.if you like celebrate if you like dont.All this times you've been celebrating christmas and killing chickens,have you ever invited meso,what difference would it make,if you want to stop killing chickens??Anyway,na wetin too much book dey cause be this,very soon you would stop eating. why dont you guys make this thread fun just like what you did to PHCN has acquired MTN,as for me NO MORE SLEEP FOR ME grin grin
Re: No More Christmas For Me! by d1adeosun: 5:51pm On Nov 16, 2007
I pray that u don't learn the importance of Chrismas in a hard way .I also pray that may that God who created you with His infinite mercy forgive you, amen
Re: No More Christmas For Me! by Carlosein(m): 5:58pm On Nov 16, 2007
gamine,

you don't want to celebrate christmas? this issue is always recurring even after more than 20 centuries.

anyway, more rice and meat for those of us wey go celebrate sha.
Re: No More Christmas For Me! by nkan(m): 6:08pm On Nov 16, 2007
Dear young lady,
If you don't have something important to post why not only read?
If you remember to either mark or celebrate your birth day, and you are telling people not to remember the birthday of our saviour, then you may be wicked.
Why do you even think of that? is that your personnal relationshipwith Jesus? Birthday or nobirthday,what is your relationshipwith him?
There are somepersonal decisions like that which you don'tneed to airout,keepittoyour self anddon'tconfuse people.
It is just your believe.
Re: No More Christmas For Me! by Nobody: 6:38pm On Nov 16, 2007
Some folks should just come out plain and simple and tell their loved ones they have no money for Christmas gifts and merriment lipsrsealed
Like anything special happens on Dec 25 that doesn't happen on the 10th.
let's hear something!
Re: No More Christmas For Me! by zigbo(f): 7:11pm On Nov 16, 2007
lol

i think its Jehova Witness influenced undecided tongue
Re: No More Christmas For Me! by lilrukevwe(m): 7:27pm On Nov 16, 2007
well i pity all of u u people fail to read papers and listen to news them done postpone xmas goa further day there has been a controversy
source
http//:www.theliesoftheworld.blog.space.forget.truth/wasteurtime.com
Re: No More Christmas For Me! by CrazyMan(m): 7:41pm On Nov 16, 2007
Before you begin to condem christmas, you must know it's origin. Christmas celebration simply means the birth of the Christ (Saviour).

But most unbelivers would tell you that Christ wasn't born on the 25th of December; but the most important thing is that he was born and he came into this world to die for us and that's why we who are belivers celebrate his birth.

If you were reading your bible regularly, you have known that the birth of Christ means a lot to this world. And finally, there is no evil surrounding the celebration of christmas so if you don't wish to celebrate it, that's up to you.
Re: No More Christmas For Me! by Nobody: 7:55pm On Nov 16, 2007
crazykid:

Before you begin to condem christmas, you must know it's origin. Christmas celebration simply means the birth of the Christ (Saviour).

But most unbelivers would tell you that Christ wasn't born on the 25th of December; but the most important thing is that he was born and he came into this world to die for us and that's why we who are belivers celebrate his birth.

If you were reading your bible regularly, you have known that the birth of Christ means a lot to this world. And finally, there is no evil surrounding the celebration of christmas so if you don't wish to celebrate it, that's up to you.

Craze no go catch you in Jesus's name.
You've spoken well.
Re: No More Christmas For Me! by romeo(m): 8:14pm On Nov 16, 2007
Horus:

The way things are going Christianity, like Christmas will fade away because they are focusing on FAITH and MYTH rather than TRUTH and SCIENTIFIC FACT. They say that we and our Black Egiptian Ancestors are heathens or pagans, yet look at what their own Bible says about their “Christmas Tree”:
SANTA= SATAN

What does Santa have to do with the birth of Jesus Christ?

Satan dresses in RED.
Santa dressed in RED.
Santa comes in through the FIREPLACE
Satan comes from the PLACE of FIRE (Hell)

Are you still doubting that as a Christian you have forsaken Jesus Christ for Santa (Satan) The BIBLE is a Black Egiptian Book and it has been translated out of the Ancient Tongues of the Prophets and Servants of The Most High. Get back on track.
Well, we must save the Children from this wicked paganistic practice called “CHRISTMAS”. We Africans must Celebrate December 25th, as “CHILDREN’S DAY”. The Children are encouraged to give each other gifts, and their parents also give their Children Gifts. AND no one LIES by telling the Children that Satan …, OOPS…I mean Santa Is paying them off for being “good” for the whole year since last Christmas. So our little innocent children fall in love with “Santa”(Satan) rather then Jesus Christ, Their Savior. We all know that it is GOD who REWARDS us for being GOOD while Satan … OOPS…I mean Santa , rewards us for being wicked and selling to him our Souls for a price.

please the word Santa or santo means holy in spanish and not satan, just don't put up wrong info here ok!!
And the word santa also means saint in spanish and santa claus is saint nicholas

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Atheism Is An Act Of Ignorance , True Of False Or ? / My Presence Affecting Other People In A Psychic Way. HELP. / Are There Human On Earth Before Adam?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.