Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,232 members, 7,780,444 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:26 PM

Intel Centrino,intel Celeron,core Duo,core 2 Duo Architecture - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Intel Centrino,intel Celeron,core Duo,core 2 Duo Architecture (2430 Views)

Dell D410 Laptop For Sale, Intel Centrino For 30k / Faulty But Neat Sony Vaio Centrino Laptop For Cheap Sale: 25k Only. / Difference Between Celeron, Centrino And Pentium? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Intel Centrino,intel Celeron,core Duo,core 2 Duo Architecture by stevoddy(m): 5:21pm On Nov 15, 2007
Hi folks,

Good Day to you all in the house, please I need agood clarification between the sbject listed above i.e Difference btween the Intel Celeron, Intel centrino, Core Duo and Core 2 Duo and the one that should be considered as the best to use.

Thank you.
Re: Intel Centrino,intel Celeron,core Duo,core 2 Duo Architecture by mmonwuba(m): 12:35am On Nov 16, 2007
chairman go to google
Re: Intel Centrino,intel Celeron,core Duo,core 2 Duo Architecture by ramonmulti(m): 11:56am On Nov 16, 2007
well, core 2 Duo Architecture is the latest technology. it is very nice but it normally comes with window vista as the operating system. i will advise u to use this Intel Centrino.
Re: Intel Centrino,intel Celeron,core Duo,core 2 Duo Architecture by bigrovar(m): 6:03pm On Nov 17, 2007
It may seem difficult to comprehend but it really is quite simple. 'Centrino' is a marketing term for a type of laptop that promotes wireless network interoperability and long battery life, while 'Core' refers to the processor itself. To earn a Centrino badge, laptops must utilise a specific type of motherboard chipset, a specific type of wireless network card and a processor from the Intel Core range.

Three types of Core processor are commonly used in Centrino laptops: Core Solo, Core Duo and Core 2 Duo. Core Solo CPUs represent the bottom rung -- they come in several guises but each variant is optimised for long battery life rather than raw speed. Laptops using Core Solo CPUs fall under the Centrino brand.

Centrino Duo-branded laptops use Core Duo processors. These are the dual-core alternatives to Core Solo. They typically have higher clock speeds, but more importantly, two cores (essentially twin brains) to share the workload.

Newer Centrino Duo laptops will utilise the Core 2 Duo series of processors. These chips have twice as much Level 2 cache memory for better performance, have optional high-speed 802.11n Wi-Fi access, plus Intel 64 technology, which lets you take advantage of 64-bit operating systems.

You may also spot laptops branded Centrino Pro. These are reserved for business laptops that contain Intel vPro -- a technology that allows IT managers to control, manage and protect laptops whether they're on, off, broken or fully operationa
Re: Intel Centrino,intel Celeron,core Duo,core 2 Duo Architecture by naijafan(m): 5:34pm On Nov 19, 2007
@bigbrovar
you seemed to take the words outta my mouth. funny how pple think centrino is a processor. . . by the way. . . you seemed to suggest that just systems wit Core processors are branded Centrino, Pentium Ms are as well, as long as they meet the graphic card and wireless card requirements.

Also, any system wit an Intel processor (apart from Pentiums 1,2,3 and 4) with an Intel graphics card and Intel wireless card is branded a Centrino. cheesy
Re: Intel Centrino,intel Celeron,core Duo,core 2 Duo Architecture by inze(m): 6:34pm On Nov 20, 2007
you didn't talk about the celeron
Re: Intel Centrino,intel Celeron,core Duo,core 2 Duo Architecture by naijafan(m): 6:05pm On Nov 25, 2007
oh, the original celeron was a stripped down version of the pentium II, i.e. without the multimedia capabilities and some others on-chip. That went on and on with newer processors in the Pentium series although the celeron never had a figure attached to its name unlike the pentiums and the core series.

the celeron is just a cheaper pentium. that's all
Re: Intel Centrino,intel Celeron,core Duo,core 2 Duo Architecture by Ralvy(m): 1:53pm On Nov 26, 2007
@TOPIC:
What more can I say, Bigbrovar said it all . . .

@Inze:
I am not surprised that nobody talked about Celeron Brands!
Celeron's are similar to Pentium M Computers, but come with additional add-ins!
They are known to be faster and produce more heat . .

Although, There are new Celeron Computers known as Celeron Mobile (Celeron M).
it seems, Celeron realised their mistakes in preeceding models and put that into consideration while producing the Celeron M series.

On my own, I can not purchase a Celeron system, whether Celeron Q K D or whatever!
Although, its not bad - just confirm that they have two super processor coolers before u buy cheesy
Re: Intel Centrino,intel Celeron,core Duo,core 2 Duo Architecture by adewaleafolabi(m): 3:21pm On Nov 26, 2007
wonderful i thought i was the only one that can't use a celeron even if its K
Re: Intel Centrino,intel Celeron,core Duo,core 2 Duo Architecture by inze(m): 12:26pm On Nov 28, 2007
i use a celeron M myself as my first laptop bought for me by my sweet Dad, its cool though but am to get something better soon.

I n z e
Re: Intel Centrino,intel Celeron,core Duo,core 2 Duo Architecture by naijafan(m): 3:02pm On Nov 28, 2007
Ralvy:

Celeron's are similar to Pentium M Computers, but come with additional add-ins!

that's an uneducated statement bro. get your facts right, except you meant the opposite.
Re: Intel Centrino,intel Celeron,core Duo,core 2 Duo Architecture by Ivvie: 8:11pm On Dec 21, 2007
ramonmulti:

well, core 2 Duo Architecture is the latest technology. it is very nice but it normally comes with window vista as the operating system. i will advise u to use this Intel Centrino.

Intel Quad is the latest. Mainly used for multimedia PC's.

Celeron is an apology and would deteriorate in about a year to a year and a half (if you are performance minded). Core 2 due is 2 processors with two fsb; same as quad but with 4. Quad runs cooler and handles task briskly.

Nothing beats AMD live. Raw power and it doesn't age in performance.

(1) (Reply)

Antivirus Licence And Price / US USED HP PAVILION x360 / Windows ME (Millenium) Sucks!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.