Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,390 members, 7,808,376 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:08 AM

Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here (225586 Views)

We Get Many Complaints Against Obasanjo Foundation –UK Commission / How To Send Complaints About Bad Roads In Lagos / Let's Have Your Complaints Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (315) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Afam4eva(m): 5:34am On Jun 13, 2012
OAM4J:

We have taking note of them, so far they have not broken any rule, but we will continue to monitor them in case they become a problem.

Thank you.
It's called spamming. How can you be taking note of spammers and not ban them. Anyway, I understand. This is a Nigerian forum where anything goes.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Nobody: 5:50am On Jun 13, 2012
I think there's a new spam robot in here that goes by the name of StarrMatthieu. All this guy posts are:

"It is amazing!"
"Thanks for sharing"
"I very much agree with your point of view"
"Good job"

And the time intervals between the posts look really suspect.

nl has been hijacked by polite robots

most likely multiple user ids.

some are raging, cursing and hopping with one id, then have other ids to showcase a separate personality.

the please and thank yous are to build up post count.

in addition, another explanation is they might be unfamiliar with english language and trying to get a feel of the land.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by 999666: 5:41pm On Jun 13, 2012
Can you do something about this topic:
https://www.nairaland.com/963220/bianca-ojukwu-appointed-ambassador-spain
The posts there are detestable and out of order
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by OAM4J: 6:43pm On Jun 13, 2012
999_666: Can you do something about this topic:
https://www.nairaland.com/963220/bianca-ojukwu-appointed-ambassador-spain
The posts there are detestable and out of order

Thank you. I got your report as well. Thread has been cleaned and erring posters banned.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by 2mch(m): 7:14pm On Jun 13, 2012
https://www.nairaland.com/934808/eze-ndi-igbo-nairaland-parliamentary

Is this not supposed to be moved to the culture section? . Or even be banned. What kind of parliamentary crap is this. On NL for that matter.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by sleekdot(m): 7:27pm On Jun 13, 2012
What constitute tribal insults and can you quote what was tribal about their insults?

people on this forum insult Fashola, Aregbesola, Jonathan, Buhari, OBJ on a daily basis. How doesnt that become tribal insults

Every post on that thread was about Bianca and how did it qualify as derailment.

2 Likes

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by 999666: 7:32pm On Jun 13, 2012
OAM4J:

Thank you. I got your report as well. Thread has been cleaned and erring posters banned.
Thanks bro. Guess if every poster start reporting offensive post instead of complaining then we may have a sane forum

1 Like

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by sleekdot(m): 7:35pm On Jun 13, 2012
2mch: https://www.nairaland.com/934808/eze-ndi-igbo-nairaland-parliamentary

Is this not supposed to be moved to the culture section? . Or even be banned. What kind of parliamentary crap is this. On NL for that matter.

PROPER ENGLISH LANGUAGE ONLY
Please use standard, proper, and clear English at all times when publicly discussing topics on the Nairaland Forum. [size=18pt]If you must use other languages, create a special topic for that language in the culture section.[/size]

https://www.nairaland.com/1026/nairaland-forum-rules-regulations#17977
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by OAM4J: 7:54pm On Jun 13, 2012
2mch: https://www.nairaland.com/934808/eze-ndi-igbo-nairaland-parliamentary

sleekdot:

https://www.nairaland.com/1026/nairaland-forum-rules-regulations#17977

OAM4J:

I didn't move it because the thread title and opening post are in English. Those two are the key consideration in determining where a thread should belong.

Thanks.

Because some posters posted in another language on the thread has not made it a non-English thread and its not sufficient reason to move it.

The title and the opening post are what we use to determine where a thread belong and not what some posters posted on it. We can only hide inconsistent posts if we have reasons to suspect they are off topic.

The rule you quoted reefers to when creating a thread.

You can appeal to Admin, he made the rules, I enforce it to the best of my understanding.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by 2mch(m): 8:15pm On Jun 13, 2012
OAM4J:

Because some posters posted in another language on the thread has not made it a non-English thread and its not sufficient reason to move it.

The title and the opening post are what we use to determine where a thread belong and not what some posters posted on it. We can only hide inconsistent posts if we have reasons to suspect they are off topic.

The rule you quoted reefers to when creating a thread.

You can appeal to Admin, he made the rules, I enforce it to the best of my understanding.

The title starts with "Eze Ndigbo....." If that is not enough for it to be in the culture section then i dont know what is. This is if i understand your explanation. Please reread your explanation and look at the link. It qualifies for culture as far as am concerned. Eze Ndigbo is not English. cool
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by OAM4J: 9:47pm On Jun 13, 2012
^Noted. Thank you.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by OAM4J: 9:57pm On Jun 13, 2012
sleekdot: What constitute tribal insults and can you quote what was tribal about their insults?

people on this forum insult Fashola, Aregbesola, Jonathan, Buhari, OBJ on a daily basis. How doesnt that become tribal insults

Every post on that thread was about Bianca and how did it qualify as derailment.

@dayokanu/sleekdot

What has all those vulgar statements with bypassed censored words got to do with her appointments as an ambassador? And who who is a kid here that doesn't know such insults only breed tribal fight. I banned people for similar comments on the thread that wrongly announced the death of HID Awolowo.

Your insulting posts added no value to the thread, rather it was derailing it to tribal fight. We do not accommodate such posts any longer. Post objectively on a topic but if all you have to contribute are insults with bypassed censored words don't post or it will be deleted and you will be banned.

Thanks.

4 Likes

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Kobojunkie: 9:19am On Jun 14, 2012
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Mrchippychappy(m): 1:57pm On Jun 14, 2012
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by 2mch(m): 7:05pm On Jun 14, 2012
https://www.nairaland.com/964083/man-kills-2-siblings-osun

Please clean up this thread and ban all offenders.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by OAM4J: 7:12pm On Jun 14, 2012
^Thanks.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Beaf: 12:46am On Jun 15, 2012
^
Thanks (you know why wink).
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by aljharem2: 3:39am On Jun 15, 2012
Spambot on Alj harem. Please unban. Thanks Mods
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by PointB: 2:54pm On Jun 15, 2012
2mch:

The title starts with "Eze Ndigbo....." If that is not enough for it to be in the culture section then i dont know what is. This is if i understand your explanation. Please reread your explanation and look at the link. It qualifies for culture as far as am concerned. Eze Ndigbo is not English. cool

'Eze Ndi Igbo' is a 'title', just like, Oba, Emir, Sultan, Obi, etc. It does not in anyway affect the general understanding or concept of the tread.

I don't know why some of you are hyperventilating unnecessarily over this issue/thread. The focus of that thread is politics. We are simply looking for a way to use political leverage and awareness to bring about developmental changes in Nigeria - even though the focus for now is a part of Nigeria.

If it is not hate, and insecurity, I wonder what drives the motive for this incessant call for it to be moved.

That reminds me, OAM4J, I am still waiting for you to respond to my request that topic be recommended for promotion to front page and also make it a sticky topic. The least I deserve is a reply.

Again the thread is:

https://www.nairaland.com/934808/eze-ndi-igbo-nairaland-parliamentary
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by OAM4J: 3:00pm On Jun 15, 2012
^I don't post topics on home page. Admin and Supermod do.

I can not sticky it, because that will be setting up a precedent I would not be able to maintain, imagine every group coming up with a similar thread and asking me to sticky the thread.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by PointB: 7:20pm On Jun 15, 2012
OAM4J: ^I don't post topics on home page. Admin and Supermod do.

I can not sticky it, because that will be setting up a precedent I would not be able to maintain, imagine every group coming up with a similar thread and asking me to sticky the thread.

Fair enough, at least your have answered.

So, if I may asked, what is the criteria for sticking a thread? I just want to be sure I am being refused on objective/merit, and not just because of what might or might not happen in the next couple of months/years.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Beaf: 7:27pm On Jun 15, 2012
In the light of the current corruption saga, it is time for us to come together to demand corrections on the Nigerian political terran from the grassroots level. It is time to battle the beast to a halt.

Please mods, can this go on the front page?
https://www.nairaland.com/964915/campaign-against-rep-member

Thanks.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by dayokanu(m): 7:29pm On Jun 15, 2012
Since insulting public figures like Biancar gets you a ban, I think all subliminal insults directed at Aregbesola on this thread too should get a ban for such posters

https://www.nairaland.com/964002/government-osun

Beaf: ^
Its entertaining, seeing you lie so forcefully! Lolz!
Unfortunately for you, the World now recognises AregbeRASCAL as an unmitigated failure, megalomaniac, loudmouth and monumental error on the political landscape of the State of Osun! grin

Following the logic of the post below and the bolded parts

OAM4J:

@dayokanu/sleekdot

What has all those vulgar statements with bypassed censored words got to do with her appointments as an ambassador? And who who is a kid here that doesn't know such insults only breed tribal fight.
I banned people for similar comments on the thread that wrongly announced the death of HID Awolowo.

Your insulting posts added no value to the thread, rather it was derailing it to tribal fight. We do not accommodate such posts any longer.
Post objectively on a topic but if all you have to contribute are insults with bypassed censored words don't post or it will be deleted and you will be banned.

Thanks.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by OAM4J: 7:53pm On Jun 15, 2012
PointB:

Fair enough, at least your have answered.

So, if I may asked, what is the criteria for sticking a thread? I just want to be sure I am being refused on objective/merit, and not just because of what might or might not happen in the next couple of months/years.

The information and discussion of a thread that must be stickied must serve the generality of Nigerians/Nairalanders on a constant/continuous basis or will be stickied for the duration of its relevance usually at the discretion of the moderators, super mod and admin.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by aljharem(m): 7:58pm On Jun 15, 2012
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jun 15, 2012
OAM4J:

The information and discussion of a thread that must be stickied must serve the generality of Nigerians/Nairalanders on a constant/continuous basis or will be stickied for the duration of its relevance usually at the discretion of the moderators, super mod and admin.

O show ara e abi ? angry
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by PointB: 9:27pm On Jun 15, 2012
OAM4J:

Well, thanks. I hope the Super Mod will look into my request, as I believe a thread that directly seeks to reach across to Igbos (nearly half of Nairaland), her friends, allies, and well-wisher for a mutually beneficial relationship, arguable serves the generality of Nigerians/Nairalanders on a constant/continuous basis. Unless you are willing to prove that this is not the case. The objective of that thread is clearly articulated in the first page, and attempt to derail it so far have be very carefully resisted. By the way, judging from the number of traffic, and pages, I believe promoting it to front page will also make a case for it to be stickied or not.

I don't know if you have 'recommended' it or not, but I am nonetheless making my case to you, as I have no means of reaching out to the Super Mod? Or should I open a thread to 'appeal' to the super mods?
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by OAM4J: 9:39pm On Jun 15, 2012
^Dont worry, both Admin and Supermod access this thread regularly. If they find merit in your request, it will be granted.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Beaf: 10:08pm On Jun 15, 2012
Please, can this be given attention?

Beaf: In the light of the current corruption saga, it is time for us to come together to demand corrections on the Nigerian political terran from the grassroots level. It is time to battle the beast to a halt.

Please mods, can this go on the front page?
https://www.nairaland.com/964915/campaign-against-rep-member

Thanks.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Nobody: 1:27am On Jun 16, 2012
Apparently, my original ID was banned because it was too "good" for celeb section.

OAM4J, dear, do me a favor by unbanning the original ileke-idi.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by manny4life(m): 11:11pm On Jun 16, 2012
Seun,

Please can you move this topic to the home page?

https://www.nairaland.com/965680/governor-peter-obi-defend-goverment#11136566

This is a thread about Gov. Obi's response to Mallam Elrufai's.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (315)

Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) / Governorship Election Results 2019 From Polling Units Across States (unofficial) / Anambra Governorship Election 2017 Results - Live Updates (Unofficial)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.