Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,957 members, 7,799,248 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:44 PM

ACF, CPC, CNPP, & Some Nigerians Defend Buhari's Statement - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ACF, CPC, CNPP, & Some Nigerians Defend Buhari's Statement (13797 Views)

Niger Delta Group Criticizes Asari-dokubo Over Buhari Statement / Social Media Reactions To Aisha Buhari Statement On Edo Prostitutes / 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

ACF, CPC, CNPP, & Some Nigerians Defend Buhari's Statement by Nobody: 2:45am On May 16, 2012
CPC, ACF, CNPP defend Buhari

The biting attacks on Buhari were immediately dismissed by the CPC which threw its weight behind its 2011 presidential candidate. The party’s National Publicity Secretary, Engr. Rotimi Fashakin said yesterday that General Buhari was only reiterating what many Nigerians had been saying for long.

“They are merely talking balderdash; what General Buhari has said is what many Nigerians have expressed . Remember Professor Wole Soyinka had said election rigging is violence against people and that they have the right to confront violence with greater violence”.

Fashakin who alleged that the PDP connived with INEC to rig the 2011 general election and opposition parties had said it would not be business as usual in 2015, stressed, “PDP colluded with Professor Atahiru Jega INEC to foist Jonathan on us. That’s why we are battling with this clueless government. There must be sanctity of votes of Nigerian electorate.

“What Buhari was trying to say is that, it would not be business as usual. So, only the guilty should be afraid of retribution. It is certain that retribution is coming. So, why should PDP be afraid”?

The Arewa Consultative Forum, ACF responding through its national publicity secretary, Anthony A.Z. Sani said Buhari’s comment was nothing new as he noted that many eminent Nigerians including former President Olusegun Obasanjo had also inferred as such.

“Buhari has not said anything that has not been said before. What people are saying is that he should not have said it because he has mass appeal among the people.”

The Conference of Nigerian Political Parties, CNPP, on its part also backed Buhari saying the call from the former Head of State was for the enthronement of a transparent election process.

CNPP’s Publicity Secretary, Mr. Osita Okechukwu, said yesterday:

“The problem on ground now is due to the fact that many of those holding elective positions were not elected by the people, in actual fact. Therefore they don’t have any sense of accountability and responsibility towards the people.”

There were also mixed reactions to the statement from notable stakeholders yesterday:

It’s an explosive statement— Sagay

Constitutional lawyer, Professor Itse Sagay said “It was a very explosive statement. I agree that we have had enough of election rigging. All other countries have left us behind, countries like Zambia, Malawi, Botswana, Liberia and Sierra Leone. Every other country has been able to have free and fair elections except Nigeria; it is time for us to wake up and eliminate that disease from our democracy. So, I agree with him that we must have free and fair elections, but not on the issue of bloodshed because that is a bit frightening and a bit extreme. But I think those who have been rigging and getting away with it, should also have a rethink that it is time for peoples’ vote to count. Nigeria has been left behind.”

That is Buhari’s opinion—Falae

One time presidential candidate of the All Nigeria’s People Party, ANPP, Chief Olu Falae said “that is his own opinion. I am not sure whether 2015 is not too far away, given all the multitude of problems that we have. We can only pray that we survive till 2015. I am not even talking about elections; I am talking about the survival of this country because I think that is the paramount issue now.”

It’s a serious statement— Ayo Adebanjo

Former NADECO chieftain, Chief Ayo Adebanjo said: “It is a very serious statement he made but it is also very difficult to fault him. One would not want any violence but for the sake of the country, should there be no free and fair elections, I agree with that statement. I cannot rule it out because people are tensed up. For the elections to be conducted now and not reflecting the wishes of the people, heaven help us.”

It’s a reckless statement— Fasoranti

On his part, National leader of Pan-Yoruba socio-political organization, Afenifere, Pa Reuben Fasoranti lampooned Buhari and described the retired general’s remarks as a ”reckless statement.” Fasoranti said “that is a very reckless statement coming from an elder statesman.”

His statement is a warning to Nigerians— Fasehun

Founder of the Oodua Peoples Congress, OPC, Dr Fredrick Fasehun said Buhari’s remark remains a warning signal.

According to him, “I think he must have spoken too early but Nigerians desire to have a free, fair and credible election come 2015. The election of 1993, which was free and fair but was annulled, has left Nigeria bruised for some time. Mr Buhari is giving that warning, he is acting as an elder statesman and former Head of State who feels that unfair elections may be a stumbling block and progress in 2015. It is a warning which is good for the country. He is not threatening.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/05/2015-elections-fg-pdp-others-attack-buhari/

1 Like

Re: ACF, CPC, CNPP, & Some Nigerians Defend Buhari's Statement by Nobody: 2:47am On May 16, 2012
^^^^The elders have spoken!! GEJ, please go back to the creeks - you have looted enough money for your next 50 generations, we need a competent leader...

4 Likes

Re: ACF, CPC, CNPP, & Some Nigerians Defend Buhari's Statement by CyberG: 4:35am On May 16, 2012
It seems more people are laying down the line for the useless rigger dumb Bottom Jonataon. His choice of words may sound extreme but what has he said that is actually NEW? How much violence has Jonatons doing brought to Nigeria in the mould of BH? Jonae and his co-travelers are shitting in their pants now because this guy came out no hold barred but if Jona's government even had any iota of a result, this kind of comment would not even surface.

1 Like

Re: ACF, CPC, CNPP, & Some Nigerians Defend Buhari's Statement by solomon111(m): 7:41am On May 16, 2012
No problem!
I will still be here,when everyone of them will eat their words,when buhari will starts killing their kinsmen because he lost the election.

3 Likes

Re: ACF, CPC, CNPP, & Some Nigerians Defend Buhari's Statement by bappahman: 7:43am On May 16, 2012
The youths of nigeria are more concerned with who said what nd not wat was said...some just jumped treason cos it was Buhari that talked...we should learn to listen...learn to think through and remove the believe that nothing good comes from any particular tribe or religion.

2 Likes

Re: ACF, CPC, CNPP, & Some Nigerians Defend Buhari's Statement by Clerverly: 8:29am On May 16, 2012
I love you Buhari. You are my man any time any day.

4 Likes

Re: ACF, CPC, CNPP, & Some Nigerians Defend Buhari's Statement by grafikii: 8:36am On May 16, 2012
Gej's propaganda won't work this time, Nigeria are wiser and hungry

4 Likes

Re: ACF, CPC, CNPP, & Some Nigerians Defend Buhari's Statement by Nobody: 9:07am On May 16, 2012
grafikii: Gej's propaganda won't work this time, Nigeria are wiser and hungry

I believe you meant very hungry and angry.

2 Likes

Re: ACF, CPC, CNPP, & Some Nigerians Defend Buhari's Statement by nairawall: 10:07am On May 16, 2012
Statements like the one made by Gen Buhari will definitely make GEJ rethink his policies and ensure that he deliver the dividend of democracy to the people.

We need more elder statesmen to make provocative statements that will make our thieving PDP politicians wake up to duty. Ibori performed better than Uduaghan because it was war for him all through he was in office. He needed to win the protection of his people so he had to transform his home town to a modern mini-city.

We can't allow GEJ to eat about N3million worth of food daily in a cheerful mood when corpers are yet to receive their monthly stipend.

4 Likes

Re: ACF, CPC, CNPP, & Some Nigerians Defend Buhari's Statement by Jeel: 11:33am On May 16, 2012
Buhari's almajiris...!

2 Likes

Re: ACF, CPC, CNPP, & Some Nigerians Defend Buhari's Statement by CyberG: 1:09pm On May 16, 2012
^^ You sold your soul to the devil like beaf for you are everywhere on NL defending anything against the foolish president that deserves to be summarily executed.

6 Likes

Re: ACF, CPC, CNPP, & Some Nigerians Defend Buhari's Statement by velo10: 1:12pm On May 16, 2012
[size=16pt]Rather than rig elections, let us not have elections at all and let Nigeria continually be a colony of Britain. [/size]

Imagine how great we would have been if we still were under Britain. grin grin

4 Likes

Re: ACF, CPC, CNPP, & Some Nigerians Defend Buhari's Statement by Funkymallam(m): 1:14pm On May 16, 2012
Misleading title.

The Op knws Nlders so well, he highlighted the one he wants them to read and leaves out the other cus he knws most r too lazy to read and will jump on the bandwagon of the first reply.

Smh
Re: ACF, CPC, CNPP, & Some Nigerians Defend Buhari's Statement by boyoboyo: 1:18pm On May 16, 2012
Truth is bitter and Nigerians are yet to learn from their mistakes. Take it or leave it, Buhari remains d best for this country.

8 Likes

Re: ACF, CPC, CNPP, & Some Nigerians Defend Buhari's Statement by PapaBrowne(m): 1:19pm On May 16, 2012
An assemblage of Dogs and Baboons!!!
When the violence starts, the only reason you would be spared is if your have an Islamic name!

Someone that has no political sagacity is talking about rigging. In the freest and fairest election, even if PDP fields Ibori for President he would trounce Buhari for the simple fact that people prefer thieves to terrorists!!

I would choose a thief over a terrorist.
I will choose Ibori over Buhari!

9 Likes

Re: ACF, CPC, CNPP, & Some Nigerians Defend Buhari's Statement by maclatunji: 1:19pm On May 16, 2012
This thread is helping to lift-up my mood. It seems people are now ready to come-out and say the truth for once(?) in their lives. By the time all the evidence of rigging in the 2011 election comes out. People will know that they have been more than fools. What happened to all of the money withdrawn from the Central Bank a few days to the 2011 Presidential election?

You can fool some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time.

4 Likes

Re: ACF, CPC, CNPP, & Some Nigerians Defend Buhari's Statement by Beaf: 1:23pm On May 16, 2012
Funkymallam: Misleading title.

The Op knws Nlders so well, he highlighted the one he wants them to read and leaves out the other cus he knws most r too lazy to read and will jump on the bandwagon of the first reply.

Smh

Precisely! I read the comments, and the OP should be ashamed of himself. It is even worse that he chopped off half the article, yet passed it off as the complete thing to NL.

Dishonesty is a bad thing. Its like fraud.

3 Likes

Re: ACF, CPC, CNPP, & Some Nigerians Defend Buhari's Statement by friedrice1: 1:25pm On May 16, 2012
velo10: [size=16pt]Rather than rig elections, let us not have elections at all and let Nigeria continually be a colony of Britain. [/size]

My brother, i share your sentiments
Re: ACF, CPC, CNPP, & Some Nigerians Defend Buhari's Statement by Nobody: 1:26pm On May 16, 2012
Beaf:
Precisely! I read the comments, and the OP should be ashamed of himself. It is even worse that he chopped off half the article, yet passed it off as the complete thing to NL.

Dishonesty is a bad thing. Its like fraud.

What are you on about?? Why should I post PDP's statement - when birds of a feather, flock together, go figure... My post is straight forward - only a greedy PDP scum would think otherwise...

We need A COMPETENT leader, GEJ has destroyed the damn country... I think every sane person in Nigeria shares that sentiment.

6 Likes

Re: ACF, CPC, CNPP, & Some Nigerians Defend Buhari's Statement by Nobody: 1:27pm On May 16, 2012
[s]
velo10: [size=16pt]Rather than rig elections, let us not have elections at all and let Nigeria continually be a colony of Britain. [/size]
[/s]

Retarded comment... Where is the unlike button, when you need it? smh..

1 Like

Re: ACF, CPC, CNPP, & Some Nigerians Defend Buhari's Statement by killuminati(m): 1:28pm On May 16, 2012
princey83:

grin
princey83:

Re: ACF, CPC, CNPP, & Some Nigerians Defend Buhari's Statement by killuminati(m): 1:29pm On May 16, 2012
Wise words are being quoted.
Re: ACF, CPC, CNPP, & Some Nigerians Defend Buhari's Statement by Beaf: 1:31pm On May 16, 2012
shymmex:

What are you on about?? Why should I post PDP's statement - when birds of a feather, flock together, go figure... My post is straight forward - only a greedy PDP scum would think otherwise...

We need A COMPETENT leader, GEJ has destroyed the damn country... I think every sane person in Nigeria shares that sentiment.

No, if you are not dishonest, you should post the whole article and not quote it out of context. Also, you would not lie about "prominent Igbo's Yoruba's" like a phucking ethnic bigot. Above all, you would not attempt to twist an article into what it is not.

These things make you a liar. Period.

2 Likes

Re: ACF, CPC, CNPP, & Some Nigerians Defend Buhari's Statement by Baawaa(m): 1:31pm On May 16, 2012
PapaBrowne: An assemblage of Dogs and Baboons!!!
When the violence starts, the only reason you would be spared is if your have an Islamic name!

Someone that has no political sagacity is talking about rigging. In the freest and fairest election, even if PDP fields Ibori for President he would trounce Buhari for the simple fact that people prefer thieves to terrorists!!

I would choose a thief over a terrorist.
I will choose Ibori over Buhari!
It is high time for PDP members to know that their days are numbered.All these tricks are not working again(religious,tribe).

3 Likes

Re: ACF, CPC, CNPP, & Some Nigerians Defend Buhari's Statement by executinal(m): 1:31pm On May 16, 2012
CPC, ACF, CNPP defend Buhari

The biting attacks on Buhari were immediately dismissed by the CPC which threw its weight behind its 2011 presidential candidate. The party’s National Publicity Secretary, Engr. Rotimi Fashakin said yesterday that General Buhari was only reiterating what many Nigerians had been saying for long.

“They are merely talking balderdash; what General Buhari has said is what many Nigerians have expressed . Remember Professor Wole Soyinka had said election rigging is violence against people and that they have the right to confront violence with greater violence”.

Fashakin who alleged that the PDP connived with INEC to rig the 2011 general election and opposition parties had said it would not be business as usual in 2015, stressed, “PDP colluded with Professor Atahiru Jega INEC to foist Jonathan on us. That’s why we are battling with this clueless government. There must be sanctity of votes of Nigerian electorate.

“What Buhari was trying to say is that, it would not be business as usual. So, only the guilty should be afraid of retribution. It is certain that retribution is coming. So, why should PDP be afraid”?

The Arewa Consultative Forum, ACF responding through its national publicity secretary, Anthony A.Z. Sani said Buhari’s comment was nothing new as he noted that many eminent Nigerians including former President Olusegun Obasanjo had also inferred as such.

“Buhari has not said anything that has not been said before. What people are saying is that he should not have said it because he has mass appeal among the people.”

The Conference of Nigerian Political Parties, CNPP, on its part also backed Buhari saying the call from the former Head of State was for the enthronement of a transparent election process.

CNPP’s Publicity Secretary, Mr. Osita Okechukwu, said yesterday:

“The problem on ground now is due to the fact that many of those holding elective positions were not elected by the people, in actual fact. Therefore they don’t have any sense of accountability and responsibility towards the people.”

There were also mixed reactions to the statement from notable stakeholders yesterday:
How does this relate to what Buhari said?? angry angry

It’s an explosive statement— Sagay

Constitutional lawyer, Professor Itse Sagay said “It was a very explosive statement. I agree that we have had enough of election rigging. All other countries have left us behind, countries like Zambia, Malawi, Botswana, Liberia and Sierra Leone. Every other country has been able to have free and fair elections except Nigeria; it is time for us to wake up and eliminate that disease from our democracy. So, I agree with him that we must have free and fair elections, but not on the issue of bloodshed because that is a bit frightening and a bit extreme. But I think those who have been rigging and getting away with it, should also have a rethink that it is time for peoples’ vote to count. Nigeria has been left behind.Did you notice this also angry angry

That is Buhari’s opinion—Falae

One time presidential candidate of the All Nigeria’s People Party, ANPP, Chief Olu Falae said “that is his own opinion. I am not sure whether 2015 is not too far away, given all the multitude of problems that we have. We can only pray that we survive till 2015. I am not even talking about elections; I am talking about the survival of this country because I think that is the paramount issue now.” cool cool

It’s a serious statement— Ayo Adebanjo

Former NADECO chieftain, Chief Ayo Adebanjo said: “It is a very serious statement he made but it is also very difficult to fault him. One would not want any violence but for the sake of the country, should there be no free and fair elections, I agree with that statement. I cannot rule it out because people are tensed up. For the elections to be conducted now and not reflecting the wishes of the people, heaven help us.”

It’s a reckless statement— Fasoranti

On his part, National leader of Pan-Yoruba socio-political organization, Afenifere, Pa Reuben Fasoranti lampooned Buhari and described the retired general’s remarks as a ”reckless statement.” Fasoranti said “that is a very reckless statement coming from an elder statesman.”

His statement is a warning to Nigerians— Fasehun

Founder of the Oodua Peoples Congress, OPC, Dr Fredrick Fasehun said Buhari’s remark remains a warning signal.

According to him, “I think he must have spoken too early but Nigerians desire to have a free, fair and credible election come 2015. The election of 1993, which was free and fair but was annulled, has left Nigeria bruised for some time. Mr Buhari is giving that warning, he is acting as an elder statesman and former Head of State who feels that unfair elections may be a stumbling block and progress in 2015. It is a warning which is good for the country. He is not threatening.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/05/2015-elections-fg-pdp-others-attack-buhari/
Re: ACF, CPC, CNPP, & Some Nigerians Defend Buhari's Statement by maclatunji: 1:33pm On May 16, 2012
Beaf:

No, if you are not dishonest, you should post the whole article and not quote it out of context. Also, you would not lie about "prominent Igbo's Yoruba's" like a phucking ethnic bigot. Above all, you would not attempt to twist an article into what it is not.

Ehn! Coming from you? Super-ironic!
Re: ACF, CPC, CNPP, & Some Nigerians Defend Buhari's Statement by size38: 1:37pm On May 16, 2012
Buhari does not have what it takes to rule in this modern time of our life. Whatever he likes let him say his time has gone. He is too tribalised for my liking. He has no electoral value as long as most nigerians are concerned. We have better educated and brilliant nigerians pls.give us a breathing space mr Buhari shocked shocked
Re: ACF, CPC, CNPP, & Some Nigerians Defend Buhari's Statement by Beaf: 1:37pm On May 16, 2012
maclatunji:

Ehn! Coming from you? Super-ironic!

Don't say stup!d things to get out of a corner. The proof is right here before us that the OP is both a liar and an ethnic bigot.
This title "ACF, CPC, CNPP, Prominent Igbos And Yoruba Elders Defend Buhari's Statement" is a less than subtle hint at the employment of ethnic bigotry. Secondly, it has no bearing with the article the OP has tried to pass of to us.

Simply put, the OP is a bigot and a liar. Live with the proof.

1 Like

Re: ACF, CPC, CNPP, & Some Nigerians Defend Buhari's Statement by Nobody: 1:41pm On May 16, 2012
Beaf:

How did I quote the article out of context??

Let's take a look at the roll call of the prominent names in the article:

Wole Soyinka - Prominent Yoruba man.
Mr. Osita Okechukwu - Prominent Igbo man.
Professor Itse Sagay - Prominent Itsekiri man.
Chief Olu Falae - Prominent Yoruba man.
Chief Ayo Adebanjo - Prominent Yoruba man.
Dr Fredrick Fasehun - Prominent Yoruba man.

And yes, I had to mention their ethnic origins - because a lot of ethnic jingoists made Buhari's statement a north vs south thing, which it isn't... I just wanted to show people that almost every sane Nigerian shares Buhari's sentiments... The handwriting is on the wall - and what Buhari did ,was to paint a perfect picture..

I'm not even going to lie, the picture Gen. Buhari painted made mona lisa look like fake art lol.

4 Likes

Re: ACF, CPC, CNPP, & Some Nigerians Defend Buhari's Statement by Beaf: 1:50pm On May 16, 2012
shymmex:

How did I quote the article out of context??

Let's take a look the roll call of the prominent names in the article:

Wole Soyinka - Prominent Yoruba man.
Mr. Osita Okechukwu - Prominent Igbo man.
Professor Itse Sagay - Prominent Itsekiri man.
Chief Olu Falae - Prominent Yoruba man.
Chief Ayo Adebanjo - Prominent Yoruba man.
Dr Fredrick Fasehun - Prominent Yoruba man.

And yes, I had to mention their ethnic origins - because a lot of ethnic jingoist made Buhari's statement a north vs south thing, which it isn't... I just wanted to show people that almost every sane Nigerian shares Buhari's sentiments... The handwriting is on the wall - and what Buhari did was to paint a perfect picture..

I'm not even going to lie, the picture Gen. Buhari painted made mona lisa look like fake art lol.

Why are you telling more lies? Did Wole Soyinka contribute a word to that article?
DSid the various people you quoted contribute their words under ethnic banners?
Why lie that anyone was represting Igbo land in that article?
Why lie that anyone was represting Yoruba land in that article?

What is the point of metioning Igbo and Yoruba when none of the people identified their ethnicities as what they were representing?

How the phuck did you manage to create a thread titled, "ACF, CPC, CNPP, Prominent Igbos [/b]And [b]Yoruba [/b]Elders Defend Buhari's Statement" when even your link is http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/05/2015-elections-fg-pdp-others-attack-buhari/
This is how your link ends "[b]2015-elections-fg-pdp-others-attack-buhari.
" Does it contain "Igbo and Yoruba?" Since it contains the word, "attack," how could anything, but a dishonest come up with your title?

I now see that you are a persistent and irredeemable liar and ethnic bigot.
A liar is as dangerous as a robber.

4 Likes

Re: ACF, CPC, CNPP, & Some Nigerians Defend Buhari's Statement by yohannazack(m): 1:52pm On May 16, 2012
It is crystal clear that gudlock jonabad has failed and wl continue to fail. Buhari fo now is the rite person to lead dis country to where we hope to be. Lets kip sentiment aside, and see nigeria as a project. Gudlock cannot and wl not deliva. In fact, i see 2015 as too far, cus i hav dis fear that nigeria may survive til 2015. May God help us.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buratai: Ineffective Armoured Vehicles Setbacks In Counter Insurgency Operations / APC Candidate Missing As INEC Publishes List Of Guber Candidates In Akwa Ibom / Lai Mohammed’s Supporters Dump SDP, Beg To Return To Kwara APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.