Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,498 members, 7,781,511 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:53 PM

GHANA Is Moving Ahead Of NIGERIA, Is Simply Because Islam Has No Place. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GHANA Is Moving Ahead Of NIGERIA, Is Simply Because Islam Has No Place. (12078 Views)

Simply Because I On My Generator / I Will Not Vote Buhari Simply Because He Chose Osibanjo -Redeemed Pastor / Great Ogboru Is Moving To ACN? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

GHANA Is Moving Ahead Of NIGERIA, Is Simply Because Islam Has No Place. by soma042(m): 8:59am On May 16, 2012
GHANA is moving ahead of NIGERIA, is simply because Islam has no place.

6 Likes

Re: GHANA Is Moving Ahead Of NIGERIA, Is Simply Because Islam Has No Place. by grafikii: 9:27am On May 16, 2012
Do you know how many Muslims are in Ghana, corruption is killing us not religion. Go and check ur head again.
soma042: GHANA is moving ahead of NIGERIA, is simply because Islam has no place.

13 Likes

Re: GHANA Is Moving Ahead Of NIGERIA, Is Simply Because Islam Has No Place. by PROUDIGBO(m): 10:18am On May 16, 2012
soma042: GHANA is moving ahead of NIGERIA, is simply because Islam has no place.

I'm happy for them, but the reason they're progressing at a faster rate than us is multifaceted, and religion plays a small part in it.

Ghana is lucky to have discovered 'oyel' at a much later stage in their evolution as a nation, hence they had the time and space to develop a work and ethics culture that has helped them manage the little they have more effectively. The recent discovery of 'oyel' is seen as a bonus the proceeds of which can be targeted at critical areas of the economy like- power, education, highways and health. In the case of Nigeria: 'oyel' is a curse; it made us lazy, corrupt and it basically led to us running b/4 we learnt how to walk.

Also, Ghana is more of a nation than Nigeria, with all its component units having a common national ethos/philosophy, and you see all pulling in one direction with no embittered sabotuers and 'born-to-rule' psychos holding everyone else to ransome.

Because of our security problems in this country, Ghana has stolen a lead on us in the tourism sector as well, You see foreigners and tourists giving Nigeria a wide berth and heading straight for Ghana to have that unique African experience. One only considers Nigeria for a visit if you've got a death wish and an insane desire for morbid fun. We do have some oasis of relative peace and tranquility like Obudu mountain range for instance, but this fact is lost in the bigger news of national insecurity and negative travel warnings issued by other countries.

Some countries that have Islam as a major or dominant religion are doing well- countries like Senegal and United Arab Emirates for instance.

So i don't think Islam is the reason. I'd rather put the reason down to Nigeria being built on; propped-up; and sustained on 'A LIE', with nobody having the courage to address structural issues that have so far held us down. The people that could address these issues are not doing so for a number of reasons, reasons which we all know.

13 Likes

Re: GHANA Is Moving Ahead Of NIGERIA, Is Simply Because Islam Has No Place. by philip0906(m): 10:24am On May 16, 2012
Some countries that have Islam as a major or dominant religion are doing well- countries like Senegal and United Arab Emirates for instance.
Gbam. . .
grafikii: Do you know how many Muslims are in Ghana, corruption is killing us not religion. Go and check ur head again.

dats it.. .

4 Likes

Re: GHANA Is Moving Ahead Of NIGERIA, Is Simply Because Islam Has No Place. by Jeel: 11:24am On May 16, 2012
I absolutely concur,islam is anti development and progress especially the african vesion and particularly the hausa fulani model

12 Likes

Re: GHANA Is Moving Ahead Of NIGERIA, Is Simply Because Islam Has No Place. by Gbawe: 12:07pm On May 16, 2012
Ghana is doing relatively well because, unlike Nigeria, they began putting square pegs in square holes a long time ago. In other words, those best qualified to do the job get the job. We all know that is not the case with Nigeria and the likes of GEJ and David Mark are very poignant examples.

A clueless mediocrity , totally beholden to corruption, as President and head of the exectutive arm. A "Voltron" of the elite, fiercely hateful of the average Nigerian, as Senate President and head of the legislative arm. With very terrible appointments like that for very influential and important positions, It is obvious why Nigeria is not making appreciable progress. Islam certainly did not force the Nation to put square pegs in round holes when that is a no-no these days in most nations of the world to include Ghana.

4 Likes

Re: GHANA Is Moving Ahead Of NIGERIA, Is Simply Because Islam Has No Place. by bisi16(m): 4:59pm On May 16, 2012
What do u take Nlanders 4? My friend shatap and do ur research like a grown up. Iti!
Re: GHANA Is Moving Ahead Of NIGERIA, Is Simply Because Islam Has No Place. by 1025: 6:50pm On May 16, 2012
I absolutely concur,islam is anti development and progress especially the african vesion and particularly the hausa fulani model

@joel,
you are simply mad. libya and egypt are more developed than nigeria. any country that wants to develop must not allow the likes of obasanjo that is morally dead. as good as a dog. somebody like tony annenih or even bode george to be seen at public places talk-less of been elder statesmen.
ghana deleted certain group of men from their country and that is why you are seeing development.
some men must die in nigeria before anything good can happen here.
in ghana, you won't see morris iwu or jega as the inec chairman. you won't see pdp or jonathan or even his fraudulent wife at their govt house.
nigerian islam is having problem just because of pdp who are hell bent in corrupting even the incorrigible.
delete pdp and things will change here.

10 Likes

Re: GHANA Is Moving Ahead Of NIGERIA, Is Simply Because Islam Has No Place. by supremebeing09: 4:17am On May 17, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

I'm happy for them, but the reason they're progressing at a faster rate than us is multifaceted, and religion plays a small part in it.

Ghana is lucky to have discovered 'oyel' at a much later stage in their evolution as a nation, hence they had the time and space to develop a work and ethics culture that has helped them manage the little they have more effectively. The recent discovery of 'oyel' is seen as a bonus the proceeds of which can be targeted at critical areas of the economy like- power, education, highways and health. In the case of Nigeria: 'oyel' is a curse; it made us lazy, corrupt and it basically led to us running b/4 we learnt how to walk.

Also, Ghana is more of a nation than Nigeria, with all its component units having a common national ethos/philosophy, and you see all pulling in one direction with no embittered sabotuers and 'born-to-rule' psychos holding everyone else to ransome.

Because of our security problems in this country, Ghana has stolen a lead on us in the tourism sector as well, You see foreigners and tourists giving Nigeria a wide berth and heading straight for Ghana to have that unique African experience. One only considers Nigeria for a visit if you've got a death wish and an insane desire for morbid fun. We do have some oasis of relative peace and tranquility like Obudu mountain range for instance, but this fact is lost in the bigger news of national insecurity and negative travel warnings issued by other countries.

So i don't think Islam is the reason. I'd rather put the reason down to Nigeria being built on; propped-up; and sustained on 'A LIE', with nobody having the courage to address structural issues that have so far held us down. The people that could address these issues are not doing so for a number of reasons, reasons which we all know.

PLEASE ENLIGHTEN THE FOOLISH OP.

1 Like

Re: GHANA Is Moving Ahead Of NIGERIA, Is Simply Because Islam Has No Place. by Nobody: 8:22am On May 17, 2012
1025:

@joel,
you are simply mad. libya and egypt are more developed than nigeria. any country that wants to develop must not allow the likes of obasanjo that is morally dead. as good as a dog. somebody like tony annenih or even bode george to be seen at public places talk-less of been elder statesmen.
ghana deleted certain group of men from their country and that is why you are seeing development.
some men must die in nigeria before anything good can happen here.
in ghana, you won't see morris iwu or jega as the inec chairman. you won't see pdp or jonathan or even his fraudulent wife at their govt house.
nigerian islam is having problem just because of pdp who are hell bent in corrupting even the incorrigible.
delete pdp and things will change here.

So going by your logic obasanjo should be outcasted in nigerian political terrain but the likes of IBB, Atiku, Ciroma, and other corrupted ex governors of the northern nigeria can roam the street freely since they are saint? Dude get real, even though obj has his flaws, you shouldn't act as if it wasn't during the same era of obj that an atmosphere of deveplomental projects in north became noticable. Why play the tribal card of putting all your woes on obj's head yet you continue to chant the names of the same failed northern leaders (past & present) that are suppressing their people in abject penury making it easier to manipulate them for their own selfish ends. Even though i don't totally agree with the OP, closely knitted to corruption, the problem of the modern day is nigeria is the North. They just won't get their priorites right and are always agitating for the most reta.rded policies. Fashola is a muslim doing excellent well but these northerners are a menace.

1 Like

Re: GHANA Is Moving Ahead Of NIGERIA, Is Simply Because Islam Has No Place. by RichDad1(m): 11:02am On May 17, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

straight on point
Re: GHANA Is Moving Ahead Of NIGERIA, Is Simply Because Islam Has No Place. by reddrag: 12:49am On Apr 30, 2013
im ghanian buh i love 9ja too. pple in gh and 9ja have almost the same lifestyle.
ive been lagos once and i was given lots of guide lines and warnings buh upon arrival,it seemed just like home.
i was told not to go out buh i roamed the streets and made friend.
one love...

5 Likes

Re: GHANA Is Moving Ahead Of NIGERIA, Is Simply Because Islam Has No Place. by mike404(m): 12:55am On Apr 30, 2013
hehe grin you are madly on point brov
Re: GHANA Is Moving Ahead Of NIGERIA, Is Simply Because Islam Has No Place. by Scarpon(m): 1:07am On Apr 30, 2013
I was in Ghana last week mehn that place is horrible
Re: GHANA Is Moving Ahead Of NIGERIA, Is Simply Because Islam Has No Place. by Nobody: 2:36am On Apr 30, 2013
Well there are muslims and Hausa in Northern Ghana and the country is more stable than Nigeria.

I never hear much about what Northern Ghanaians are up to though. They seem to be somewhat isolated.

Nigeria seems to be the only coastal/southern West African country where the Northern half has political prominence.

I stand to be corrected though.
Re: GHANA Is Moving Ahead Of NIGERIA, Is Simply Because Islam Has No Place. by GeneralJ(m): 3:54am On Apr 30, 2013
it still bothers me why they can't just cut the northern half of the entity that is Nigeria and then name them BOKO HARAM LAND Or somehting let them kill themselves there should be soliders at the border to make sure no one is entering Nigeria, with a shoot or kill order, then watch them come on thier knees and start begging us for mercy, the north cannot survive on groudnut and cow alone, they can't survive without the rest of Nigeria.
Re: GHANA Is Moving Ahead Of NIGERIA, Is Simply Because Islam Has No Place. by Nobody: 4:08am On Apr 30, 2013
undecided undecided Islam among other things like overpopulation in Nigeria, is why Ghana is now better than Nigeria. tongue tongue
Re: GHANA Is Moving Ahead Of NIGERIA, Is Simply Because Islam Has No Place. by RickyRoss1(m): 5:04am On Apr 30, 2013
In what way is Ghana moving ahead of Nigeria? Is it in development, science, technology or what? Many Nigerians are just ignorant, don't be surprised the OP has never been to Ghana, he rely on hearsay. Believe me Ghana is terribly over-hyped. There is no single world class infrastructure in Ghana. The Ghanaian newspapers are still printed in black and white till date. The best news papers and magazines in Ghana are Nigerian made like Ovation etc. These are simple things that matters.

TECHNOLOGICALLY: Ghana cannot match Nigeria in technology. In Africa Nigeria is leading in space science/technology. Our scientists have launched satellites etc. Innoson motors is made in Nigeria and is already plying the roads of Accra daily. GO TO CROSS COUNTRY TRANSPORT IN ACCRA, JUST BEFORE BUSY INTERNET AFTER KWAME NKRUMAH CIRCLE.

MANUFACTURED GOODS: Enter any drug store in Ghana most of their prescription drugs carry NAFDAC NUMBERS, I dont know why. Enter any shop/supermarket in Ghana you will see lots of made in Nigeria products like gala, indomie, dangote pasta, biscuit, cement, la casera, bread, news papers, Zinox desktops/laptops. Every ATM Card in Ghana carries INTERSWITCH Logo and this is a Nigerian company. As a Nigerian, how many made in Ghana products do you see in Nigeria apart from alomo bitters?

POLITICALLY: This is where Ghana has done better than Nigeria. But the last election in Ghana is marred in mass rigging. The opposition party has sued the president and they are presently in court. Most people believe the opposition won the last election and they claim Obasanjo helped the sitting president to ring/win. This last election has seriously dented Ghana's image overseas. The opposition has brought thousands of evidence of mass rigging.

SECURITY: Ghana has less population and so is more secure than Nigeria. However, Northern region of Ghana is as volatile as Northern Nigeria. Ghana has thousands of refugees in Togo till date. Muslims have same mindset everywhere. if a Nigerian Muslim can carry bomb then their brothers in Ghana or elsewhere can do same.

EDUCATION: Daily we hear cheering news of brilliant Nigerians making waves in IVY League schools worldwide. Innoson schooled in Nigeria and today he is an Automobile manufacturer, his buses are plying Nigerian roads as well as west coast of Africa including Ghana. Suen Osewa studied in Nigeria and he is the proud owner of Nairaland. Nairaland is Africas largest forum. Leo Stan Eke studied in Nigeria and he is the manufacturer of Zinox computers, his computers are available all over West Africa including Ghana. And so is Dangote Africas richest man, and the list is endless. I never even start to mention the Wole Soyinkas, The Chinua Achebes etc. I never even mention that some of our musicians and movie stars are school drop outs but yet they run the gamot in Africa. If Ghanaian schools are better why are they not producing scientists and industrialists? The only reason Nigerians are schooling in Ghana is bc we dont have enough schools to go round, and in Ghana you dont need any JAMB to gain university admission. There are Nigerians studying in over 75 countries around the world. I personally believe wisdom is inborn, you dont get it from attending the best school in the world. I am a living example.

CORRUPTION: Ghana is as corrupt as Nigeria. Ghana is the second most corrupt country in West Africa immediately after Nigeria. Ghana boys and girls have taken over internet scamming. They have even added charms/sakawa/juju to it which is why most ghana scammers die within 3 years of making money. They are too dumb they cannot use their god given brain which is why they resort to witchcraft to deceive their victims. Just google the word SAKAWA on the internet.
Just 3 days ago Three Ghanaians were arrested in US for credit card scam (http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/artikel.php?ID=272391&comment=0#com) HAVE YOU EVER HEARD ANY OTHER WEST AFRICAN BEING ARREST OVERSEAS FOR 419 SCAMS APART FROM NIGERIANS AND GHANAIANS?

Ghana airways died the same way Nigerian airways died. Corruption killed both of them.
On paper Ghana has national health insurance but in reality most hospitals in Ghana don't accept the health insurance cards. The position is calling for the NHIS to be scrapped bc all the money is going into fraudulent pockets.

Ghanaian doctors are striking for over 1 month now and counting (http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/artikel.php?ID=272515) I know 2 people who died in Ghana last week bc they cannot get medical attention. One is a family friend to my father inlaw.

If a Ghanain ask you what has Nigeria done with its big oil wealth as them what they have done with their gold, diamonds and cocoa. For the records, Ivory Coast does not have any gold or oil, their main income is cocoa and their population is similar to Ghanas but Ivory Coast is at least 4 times more developed than Ghana.

So OP, next time be sure before saying what you dont know. Our economy is stronger and better than Ghanas economy. Nigerians are presently enjoying more electricity than Ghanians, I know bc I go there multiple times yearly including last month unlike the average Nigerian that believes on hearsay. When they laugh at you about the long lines at our petrol stations remind them its worst in Ghana. I was in Ghana last month and I witnessed it takes 3 days of hustling to buy gas. Most Ghanains are now using CHARCOAL to cook. These are verifiable FACTS.

14 Likes

Re: GHANA Is Moving Ahead Of NIGERIA, Is Simply Because Islam Has No Place. by Nobody: 5:10am On Apr 30, 2013
It's just Islam, it's not the fact that Nigerian are corrupt and dishonest, it's just Islam, jeeeez.
Re: GHANA Is Moving Ahead Of NIGERIA, Is Simply Because Islam Has No Place. by Kairoseki77: 6:06am On Apr 30, 2013
Ricky_Ross: In what way is Ghana moving ahead of Nigeria? Is it in development, science, technology or what? Many Nigerians are just ignorant, don't be surprised the OP has never been to Ghana, he rely on hearsay. Believe me Ghana is terribly over-hyped. There is no single world class infrastructure in Ghana. The Ghanaian newspapers are still printed in black and white till date. The best news papers and magazines in Ghana are Nigerian made like Ovation etc. These are simple things that matters.

TECHNOLOGICALLY: Ghana cannot match Nigeria in technology. In Africa Nigeria is leading in space science/technology. Our scientists have launched satellites etc. Innoson motors is made in Nigeria and is already plying the roads of Accra daily. GO TO CROSS COUNTRY TRANSPORT IN ACCRA, JUST BEFORE BUSY INTERNET AFTER KWAME NKRUMAH CIRCLE.

MANUFACTURED GOODS: Enter any drug store in Ghana most of their prescription drugs carry NAFDAC NUMBERS, I dont know why. Enter any shop/supermarket in Ghana you will see lots of made in Nigeria products like gala, indomie, dangote pasta, biscuit, cement, la casera, bread, news papers, Zinox desktops/laptops. Every ATM Card in Ghana carries INTERSWITCH Logo and this is a Nigerian company. As a Nigerian, how many made in Ghana products do you see in Nigeria apart from alomo bitters?

[b]POLITICALLY: This is where Ghana has done better than Nigeria. But the last election in Ghana is marred in mass rigging. The opposition party has sued the president and they are presently in court. Most people believe the opposition won the last election and they claim Obasanjo helped the sitting president to ring/win. This last election has seriously dented Ghana's image overseas. The opposition has brought thousands of evidence of mass rigging.

SECURITY: Ghana has less population and so is more secure than Nigeria. However, Northern region of Ghana is as volatile as Northern Nigeria. Ghana has thousands of refugees in Togo till date. Muslims have same mindset everywhere. if a Nigerian Muslim can carry bomb then their brothers in Ghana or elsewhere can do same.

EDUCATION: Daily we hear cheering news of brilliant Nigerians making waves in IVY League schools worldwide. Innoson schooled in Nigeria and today he is an Automobile manufacturer, his buses are plying Nigerian roads as well as west coast of Africa including Ghana. Suen Osewa studied in Nigeria and he is the proud owner of Nairaland. Nairaland is Africas largest forum. Leo Stan Eke studied in Nigeria and he is the manufacturer of Zinox computers, his computers are available all over West Africa including Ghana. And so is Dangote Africas richest man, and the list is endless. I never even start to mention the Wole Soyinkas, The Chinua Achebes etc. I never even mention that some of our musicians and movie stars are school drop outs but yet they run the gamot in Africa. If Ghanaian schools are better why are they not producing scientists and industrialists? The only reason Nigerians are schooling in Ghana is bc we dont have enough schools to go round, and in Ghana you dont need any JAMB to gain university admission. There are Nigerians studying in over 75 countries around the world. I personally believe wisdom is inborn, you dont get it from attending the best school in the world. I am a living example.

CORRUPTION: Ghana is as corrupt as Nigeria. Ghana is the second most corrupt country in West Africa immediately after Nigeria. Ghana boys and girls have taken over internet scamming. They have even added charms/sakawa/juju to it which is why most ghana scammers die within 3 years of making money. They are too dumb they cannot use their god given brain which is why they resort to witchcraft to deceive their victims. Just google the word SAKAWA on the internet.[/b]
Just 3 days ago Three Ghanaians were arrested in US for credit card scam (http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/artikel.php?ID=272391&comment=0#com) HAVE YOU EVER HEARD ANY OTHER WEST AFRICAN BEING ARREST OVERSEAS FOR 419 SCAMS APART FROM NIGERIANS AND GHANAIANS?

Ghana airways died the same way Nigerian airways died. Corruption killed both of them.
On paper Ghana has national health insurance but in reality most hospitals in Ghana don't accept the health insurance cards. The position is calling for the NHIS to be scrapped bc all the money is going into fraudulent pockets.

Ghanaian doctors are striking for over 1 month now and counting (http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/artikel.php?ID=272515) I know 2 people who died in Ghana last week bc they cannot get medical attention. One is a family friend to my father inlaw.

If a Ghanain ask you what has Nigeria done with its big oil wealth as them what they have done with their gold, diamonds and cocoa. For the records, Ivory Coast does not have any gold or oil, their main income is cocoa and their population is similar to Ghanas but Ivory Coast is at least 4 times more developed than Ghana.

So OP, next time be sure before saying what you dont know. Our economy is stronger and better than Ghanas economy. Nigerians are presently enjoying more electricity than Ghanians, I know bc I go there multiple times yearly including last month unlike the average Nigerian that believes on hearsay. When they laugh at you about the long lines at our petrol stations remind them its worst in Ghana. I was in Ghana last month and I witnessed it takes 3 days of hustling to buy gas. Most Ghanains are now using CHARCOAL to cook. These are verifiable FACTS.

All four of these are lies. Just stop it, it makes you look bad.

Corruption - Ghana is the 6th least corrupt country in Africa, behind Botswana, Cape Verde, Mauritius, Rwanda, and Namibia. Ghana is rated as the 64th least corrupt country in the world, that makes it less corrupt than countries like Italy and South Africa. Nigeria is 75 places lower on the list at 139th most corrupt in the world.

Security - Ghana has ZERO active militant groups within it's borders. No Islamic terrorists, no people fighting for oil cake, nothing. Doesn't exist in Ghana. They have crime like anywhere else, but not organized crime like we have here. Just to double check, I typed in "Ghana Militant Group" into Google. All of the results were about MEND and Boko Haram. The Cape Militia is the closest Ghana came to having a militant group, and they were a media hoax.

Politically - Seriously? This isn't even worth talking about. Everyone knows that Ghana has one of the strongest democracies in Africa. Every opposition group claims rigging when they lose. Mitt Romney and Obama both claimed the other side was rigging in the lead up to the election. Just like advanced democracies, after the results of the election were called, every Ghananian accepted the results peacefully. Nobody started a riot, or stared killing their neighbors.

Education - Ghana's educational system is ahead of Nigeria. Their literacy rate is 80% (Naija 71%). Their primary school and secondary school attendance levels are almost double Nigeria. They also have more universities per person than here.

Don't lie about another country. It's pointless.
Also, who told you Cote D'Ivoire was 4x as developed as them?

6 Likes

Re: GHANA Is Moving Ahead Of NIGERIA, Is Simply Because Islam Has No Place. by OsunOriginal: 6:17am On Apr 30, 2013

Will it also make sense to say that Dubai is what it is today because christianity has no place there?

And that Greece is in economic recession because they are practising christianity.

You wonder how empty some heads are.

8 Likes

Re: GHANA Is Moving Ahead Of NIGERIA, Is Simply Because Islam Has No Place. by DandeNumeruno(m): 6:46am On Apr 30, 2013
I'm not sure about Ghana moving ahead of Nigeria, but I do know that the main reasons Nigeria seems to be moving backward instead of forward is because of Islam.

Why do I say that? Simple. Since the course of history, Islam has always being an enemy of progress. It loathed the West so much that it disassociates itself from anything western. And we all know that West and Progress has always been synonymous with each other. When you talk of one, you talk of the other.

Nigeria can only move forward if North and South go their separate ways.

Islam meno, più progresso.

6 Likes

Re: GHANA Is Moving Ahead Of NIGERIA, Is Simply Because Islam Has No Place. by baynix(m): 7:18am On Apr 30, 2013
Where Is Ikenna?? undecided undecided
Re: GHANA Is Moving Ahead Of NIGERIA, Is Simply Because Islam Has No Place. by funnyx(m): 7:29am On Apr 30, 2013
Michaeljones36:

All four of these are lies. Just stop it, it makes you look bad.

Corruption - Ghana is the 6th least corrupt country in Africa, behind Botswana, Cape Verde, Mauritius, Rwands, and Namibia. Ghana is rated as the 64th least corrupt country in the world, that makes it less corrupt than countries like Italy and South Africa. Nigeria is 75 places lower on the list at 139th most corrupt in the world.

Security - Ghana has ZERO active militant groups within it's borders. No Islamic terrorists, no people fighting for oil cake, nothing. Doesn't exist in Ghana. They have crime like anywhere else, but not organized crime like we have here. Just to double check, I typed in "Ghana Militant Group" into Google. All of the results were about MEND and Boko Haram. The Cape Militia is the closest Ghana came to having a militant group, and they were a media hoax.

Politically - Seriously? This isn't even worth talking about. Everyone knows that Ghana has one of the strongest democracies in Africa. Every opposition group claims rigging when they lose. Mitt Romney and Obama both claimed the other side was rigging in the lead up to the election. Just like advanced democracies, after the results of the election were called, every Ghananian accepted the results peacefully. Nobody started a riot, or stared killing their neighbors.

Education - Ghana's educational system is ahead of Nigeria. Their literacy rate is 80% (Naija 71%). Their primary school and secondary school attendance levels are almost double Nigeria. They also have more universities per person than here.

Don't lie about another country. It's pointless.
Also, who told you Cote D'Ivoire was 4x as developed as them?

Thank you jare, Nigerians don't like their ego to be bruised that's why instead of accepting that Ghana is far ahead of Nigeria he went ahead turning round in circles.

Few years ago I was expecting a package to be picked up from Accra and delivered to me in the UK by DHL, the package was delayed in Accra because the DHL office there misunderstood the pick up msg sent to them by their office in the UK. In desperation I rang their Ghana office to explain my plight, the staffs were so courteous, respectful and helpful and in the end they resolve the issue. If I have tried that in Nigeria, I'll be met firstly with very rude and dismissive staffs and may have to send someone personally to their office before anything gets done.
We as Nigerians need to change our attitude right from our homes, at the moment everything is wrong with Nigeria and without us being ready we cannot move forward.

3 Likes

Re: GHANA Is Moving Ahead Of NIGERIA, Is Simply Because Islam Has No Place. by aurenflani: 7:39am On Apr 30, 2013
GeneralJ: it still bothers me why they can't just cut the northern half of the entity that is Nigeria and then name them BOKO HARAM LAND Or somehting let them kill themselves there should be soliders at the border to make sure no one is entering Nigeria, with a shoot or kill order, then watch them come on thier knees and start begging us for mercy, the north cannot survive on groudnut and cow alone, they can't survive without the rest of Nigeria.

Dung heads abound in Nland.
Re: GHANA Is Moving Ahead Of NIGERIA, Is Simply Because Islam Has No Place. by Gbawe: 7:44am On Apr 30, 2013
Dan_de_Numeruno: I'm not sure about Ghana moving ahead of Nigeria, but I do know that the main reasons Nigeria seems to be moving backward instead of forward is because of Islam.

Why do I say that? Simple. Since the course of history, Islam has always being an enemy of progress. It loathed the West so much that it disassociates itself from anything western. And we all know that West and Progress has always been synonymous with each other. When you talk of one, you talk of the other.

If you guys do not blame religion, it will be something else. When will Nigerians start looking at themselves and accepting responsibility for the State of their Nation?

1 Like

Re: GHANA Is Moving Ahead Of NIGERIA, Is Simply Because Islam Has No Place. by aurenflani: 7:47am On Apr 30, 2013
Dan_de_Numeruno: I'm not sure about Ghana moving ahead of Nigeria, but I do know that the main reasons Nigeria seems to be moving backward instead of forward is because of Islam.

Your types are Nigerian problem. With half baked education see what you've written above! It didn't even occur to you that Islam is not your village archaic religion but a civilization that even the Europeans you worship owed turns of gratitude despite their seeing it as a rival.
Re: GHANA Is Moving Ahead Of NIGERIA, Is Simply Because Islam Has No Place. by boron10(m): 8:48am On Apr 30, 2013
I read it from somewhere that 80% of accra residents live in slum. If most places in accra are slums, then it's pointless comparing Ghana with Naija. We are far ahead of them.
Re: GHANA Is Moving Ahead Of NIGERIA, Is Simply Because Islam Has No Place. by DandeNumeruno(m): 8:53am On Apr 30, 2013
aurenflani:

Your types are Nigerian problem. With half baked education see what you've written above! It didn't even occur to you that Islam is not your village archaic religion but a civilization that even the Europeans you worship owed turns of gratitude despite their seeing it as a rival.

I laugh in Yiddish.cheesy

You must be high on something. Calling a religion that flog women publicly civilise is preposterous. You might as well say that Snows fall in Nigeria.

Listen, fella. If one thing growing up in the streets of Bologña had taught me, it's that anywhere Islam has a more than average population, there is bound to be one strife or the other.

I'm so glad that the neighborhood finally managed to kick those blood-thirsty ground-kissers immigrant out for good sometimes last year.

Okay,now I'm digressing...

Bottom line; Europeans don't envy Islam, cos you don't see us flocking to their miserable war torned enclave called The Middle Fast. Rather, it's the other way round.

And FYI, I don't need to worship the west when I'm half Italian by birth.

Ciò che un frocio.
Re: GHANA Is Moving Ahead Of NIGERIA, Is Simply Because Islam Has No Place. by DandeNumeruno(m): 9:10am On Apr 30, 2013
Gbawe:

If you guys do not blame religion, it will be something else. When will Nigerians start looking at themselves and accepting responsibility for the State of their Nation?

What a dumb question.

Dude, where have you been hiding your skinny, ignorant àss all these years to fail to recognise that Boku Haram is a religious faction. And Oh Yes, it originated from Islam. Need I say more?

What else is there to blame when bombs are going off left, right and center every 5 minutes.

Dude, come back to earth, okay?

6 Likes

Re: GHANA Is Moving Ahead Of NIGERIA, Is Simply Because Islam Has No Place. by 2million1(m): 9:27am On Apr 30, 2013
Ricky_Ross: In what way is Ghana moving ahead of Nigeria? Is it in development, science, technology or what? Many Nigerians are just ignorant, don't be surprised the OP has never been to Ghana, he rely on hearsay. Believe me Ghana is terribly over-hyped. There is no single world class infrastructure in Ghana. The Ghanaian newspapers are still printed in black and white till date. The best news papers and magazines in Ghana are Nigerian made like Ovation etc. These are simple things that matters.

POLITICALLY: This is where Ghana has done better than Nigeria. But the last election in Ghana is marred in mass rigging. The opposition party has sued the president and they are presently in court. Most people believe the opposition won the last election and they claim Obasanjo helped the sitting president to ring/win. This last election has seriously dented Ghana's image overseas. The opposition has brought thousands of evidence of mass rigging.

CORRUPTION: Ghana is as corrupt as Nigeria. Ghana is the second most corrupt country in West Africa immediately after Nigeria. Ghana boys and girls have taken over internet scamming. They have even added charms/sakawa/juju to it which is why most ghana scammers die within 3 years of making money. They are too dumb they cannot use their god given brain which is why they resort to witchcraft to deceive their victims. Just google the word SAKAWA on the internet.

i dnt even know what to say again....
Re: GHANA Is Moving Ahead Of NIGERIA, Is Simply Because Islam Has No Place. by OsunOriginal: 9:27am On Apr 30, 2013
Dan_de_Numeruno:

What a dumb question.

Dude, where have you been hiding your skinny, ignorant àss all these years to fail to recognise that Boku Haram is a religious faction. And Oh Yes, it originated from Islam. Need I say more?

What else is there to blame when bombs are going off left, right and center every 5 minutes.

Dude, come back to earth, okay?

See illiterate religious bigot on the loose.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Anambra To Use Bill Gates Money To Build 10 Hospitals / We’ll Regain Power In 2019 – PDP / 18 Senators Under Probe For N367.5b Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 149
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.