Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,905 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:53 AM

They Are Planning To Hang Me: Buhari Speaks Up Again - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / They Are Planning To Hang Me: Buhari Speaks Up Again (588 Views)

Buhari Speaks To ARISE TV On New Cabinet, Saraki, Others / Jonathan ‘has Nothing To Fear From Me’- Buhari / Bombers Wanted To Assassinate Me – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

They Are Planning To Hang Me: Buhari Speaks Up Again by LORDEST(m): 9:11am On May 16, 2012
[b]As if being told to visit the zoo wasn’t bad enough, former Head of State General Muhammadu Buhari may now be in danger of being arrested. Well, if we’re to believe his own suspicions, that is. Speaking through Buba Galadima, the National Secretary for his party, the CPC, in an interview yesterday, he stated that he was simply the victim of a smear campaign which would be used as an excuseto “hang” him.
“They are just trying to give us a bad name in order to hang us” said Galadima.
“We know that they are already planning to arrest the General and I, they are just preparing grounds for their actions.”
It is those who organise therigging of elections that aretrying to disrupt the peace, not Buhari,” he continued in the interview with Premium Times . “It is not General that is threatening peace, rather it is the actionof the PDP that is leading to bloodbath, they have infected us with bloodbath.”
The President had yesterdayreacted to Buhari’s predictions of bloodshed inthe country through a statement signed by his Special Adviser Dr Reuben Abati.
“We find it very sad that an elder statesman who once presided over the entirety of Nigeria can reduce himself to a regional leader who speaks for only a part of Nigeria” read the statement.
The statement also mentions former Minister ofthe FCT Mallam Nasir El-Rufai, saying:
“We now understand what his protégé and former Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Malam Nasir El’Rufai, meant when he wrote in a public letter in October of 2010, telling Nigerians that Buhariremains “perpetually unelectable” and that Buhari’s “insensitivity to Nigeria’s diversity and his parochial focus are already well-known.”[/b]

(1) (Reply)

FG To Concession Apapa-Oshodi Expressway / My Good People Of Abia State! / Power Failure: Justice Opeyemi Today Conducted Its Proceeding With Torchlight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.