Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,852 members, 7,806,405 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:55 PM

Six Ways To Tell A Prince From A Player - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Six Ways To Tell A Prince From A Player (3313 Views)

Six Ways Technology Might Change Sex In The Future / Difference Between A Boy, A Player And A Man In A Relationship. / How Do You Tell A Girl That You Love Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Six Ways To Tell A Prince From A Player by Ama(f): 3:51pm On Mar 30, 2006
I SAW THIS ON THE INTERNET AND THOUGHT I WOULD SHARE WITH THE LADIES.

By definition, a prince is the nice guy who you probably rejected when you were sixteen — the keeper — the one interested in marriage and who will treat you the way you deserve to be treated. The player, on the other hand, is the boy you lusted over in high school. He’s the one who’s suave and sexy and knows it. He’s the one with all the right moves, none of them putting your interests first. And yet, he’s so very attractive.

Here are six features that will help you tell a prince from a player.

A prince calls when he says he will. A player has a long list of excuses as to why he couldn’t call.

A prince puts you first. A player puts everything but you first — work, golf, drinking, friends, you name it.

A prince wants to meet your family and friends and wants you to meet his (when he sees the relationship is moving forward). A player may take you out with his friends (or bring his friends along on your date, depending how you view it), even on the first date. Consider this a clear sign that dating you has little to do with building a relationship. As for family, don’t plan on meeting them.

A prince invests time in you — taking time to find out your favourite song, dessert, etc., a sign of his falling for you. A player puts forth little effort to really get to know you.

A prince is the one who will hand-deliver chicken soup when you’re sick. A player is the one who will be way too busy to see you when you’re sick because it won’t be any fun for him.

A prince will romance you slowly, bringing you a single flower or bouquet when the time is right, sending a romantic card, or going someplace fancy for dinner to celebrate something special. A player will romance you in a blaze of extravagance — with dozens of the most expensive bouquets “just because,” going to the most expensive restaurants from the beginning, and other similar extravagances. He’s basically looking for a quick payoff.
Beware: If it seems too good to be true, it probably is! If you’re caught up in a whirlwind romance, remember, tornadoes sweep in, wreak havoc, and disappear as quickly as they came. Slow and steady really does win the race!
Re: Six Ways To Tell A Prince From A Player by Rhodalyn(f): 3:55pm On Mar 30, 2006
kiss kiss
Re: Six Ways To Tell A Prince From A Player by hotangel2(f): 8:07pm On Mar 30, 2006
*sighs*
Re: Six Ways To Tell A Prince From A Player by eslynera(f): 4:22pm On Apr 06, 2006
lyrical, sweet*** kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Six Ways To Tell A Prince From A Player by curiousNja(f): 9:06pm On Apr 08, 2006
Now players have gotten really sophisticated and can do all of the above "prince-like" actions, (maybe not the meeting the family part) but they still end up playing you anyway. They are players and can play the game really well. Sure, they'll call you when they say they will but that doesn't mean that the other woman isn't call waiting on the other line or that when he brings you chicken soup, he didn't tell the other woman that he will be back in a sec. Sure, they will put in effort o get to know you and romance you slowly. They know if they did it any other way, you would see through their game. Then all too late when you have fallen in love with them, you realize that they were players after all.

1 Like

Re: Six Ways To Tell A Prince From A Player by Bolarge(m): 2:09pm On Jul 16, 2007
@Topic
Nice attempt.

curiousNja:

Now players have gotten really sophisticated and can do all of the above "prince-like" actions, (maybe not the meeting the family part) but they still end up playing you anyway.
Sure, they will put in effort o get to know you and romance you slowly. They know if they did it any other way, you would see through their game. Then all too late when you have fallen in love with them, you realize that they were players after all.
Y'took the words right outta ma mouth.
Re: Six Ways To Tell A Prince From A Player by Eiregirl(f): 2:13pm On Jul 16, 2007
cry Are there no princes left out there at all
Re: Six Ways To Tell A Prince From A Player by Joey82(m): 4:21pm On Jul 16, 2007
@poster
Even if ladies can tell d difference, they'll still prefer d player
Why?
He's got d action, the sweet tongue, He's got the style of play.

1 Like

Re: Six Ways To Tell A Prince From A Player by sillyboy(m): 4:30pm On Jul 16, 2007
@ Topic.

That means a "prince" is a "mumu". And ladies will always cheat him! Gbam.
Re: Six Ways To Tell A Prince From A Player by PHEESAYOUR(m): 4:47pm On Jul 16, 2007
simply they take the Prince as mumu as sillyboy replied and run after the Player
Re: Six Ways To Tell A Prince From A Player by Bolarge(m): 10:07am On Jul 17, 2007
Yesss oh! And they come back for the prince when they're 26yrs+ n' are ready to settle down with a responsible "God-fearing" brother. LMAO grin grin

Women! Can't live with 'em; can't live without 'em. grin
Re: Six Ways To Tell A Prince From A Player by Mandora(f): 10:57am On Jul 17, 2007
I dont think u've said anything exceptionally different 4rm wat most of us already knw. Innovation!!!!
Re: Six Ways To Tell A Prince From A Player by Bolarge(m): 11:26am On Jul 17, 2007
Thanks. kiss
I'll improve with my next post. cool
Re: Six Ways To Tell A Prince From A Player by harkintomi: 12:40pm On Jul 17, 2007
d playa has an upper hand ova d prince cuz dere is neva a dull moment on his own side.he is used to d game so he knows wat to do at d rite time. d key tin is creatin suspence nd a hope of beta of brigther days ahead.

@d playaz r usualy a dream come tru but d ladies get wiser afta
Re: Six Ways To Tell A Prince From A Player by funloving(m): 1:42pm On Jul 17, 2007
So what exactly is wrong with being a player  cool

As long as he did not promise you marriage and he did not go around saying he loves you what is the problem. When he gives up on you, you give up on him and both of you move on

Don't get me wrong, I am not in support of the player lifestyle, partly because my faith is against pre-marital sex and partly because  you can pick up all sort of diseases, unwanted pregnancy and lots of players are liars but if he did not lie to you and protection was used, somebody wants to tell me what the whole "aggro" against player  is all about ?

Now I am sure somebody will call for my head  grin
Re: Six Ways To Tell A Prince From A Player by dremoney(m): 4:25pm On Aug 30, 2007
from where una dey get all this rubbish formulae sef?

I 2 pity whoevea is fit to b called a prince here.
Re: Six Ways To Tell A Prince From A Player by pterygott(f): 4:45pm On Aug 30, 2007
and who are the kings? undecided
Re: Six Ways To Tell A Prince From A Player by kanmosyl(m): 12:21pm On Aug 31, 2007
The kings are the father of the princes in other way,
they are the maga while the prince are mumu.
hope it make sense pterrygot.
Re: Six Ways To Tell A Prince From A Player by Easybaby(f): 12:36pm On Aug 31, 2007
*clear troat*
Re: Six Ways To Tell A Prince From A Player by tpia1: 8:26am On Jan 05, 2011
nice write up.

If it seems too good to be true, it probably is!

quite right.

Now players have gotten really sophisticated and can do all of the above "prince-like" actions, (maybe not the meeting the family part) but they still end up playing you anyway. They are players and can play the game really well. Sure, they'll call you when they say they will but that doesn't mean that the other woman isn't call waiting on the other line or that when he brings you chicken soup, he didn't tell the other woman that he will be back in a sec. Sure, they will put in effort o get to know you and romance you slowly. They know if they did it any other way, you would see through their game. Then all too late when you have fallen in love with them, you realize that they were players after all.

couldnt have said it any better.
Re: Six Ways To Tell A Prince From A Player by Nobody: 10:21am On Jan 05, 2011
@op
the truth is that even though they ladies see all the sign
they tend to look the other way looking for the player

the average nigerian woman is carried away by extravagance and flashy things
only those who know their worth can truely differentiate between a prince and a player

i can't blame the guys though, many of us have been rejected in the past because we have nothing
now when you have arrived being a player seems so alluring except you have exceptional self control

i have seen two ladies leave their prince charming of over 5yrs plus to get married to other men just because he has
not arrrived yet,
i repeat only a woman with high self esteem and personal worth can see the difference, otherwise forget it
them ladies love the player more than they love the prince.

many girls don use their husbands take do boyfriend
and use their boyfriends take do husbands.
Re: Six Ways To Tell A Prince From A Player by switdick(m): 12:03pm On Jan 05, 2011
Op, your analysis is for you and you only,every girl determines her prince and player.we live on the bitter side of reality where girls{at least many not all though} prefer the players. And who told you a prince cant be admired{or as you put it 'lust'for}by girls?my point is your definition of a prince and a playa in this context is simply in your own perspective,because a playa can come as your prince charming! Every girl knows what she wants in her guy whether prince or playa. My own definition of a playa is a prince but not in your vision of a playa or a prince as the case may be.
Re: Six Ways To Tell A Prince From A Player by Dyt(f): 12:17pm On Jan 05, 2011
Hmmmmmmmm
hmmmmmmmm
hmmmmmmmmm
Re: Six Ways To Tell A Prince From A Player by kaymoney2(m): 5:15pm On Jan 05, 2011
Dyt:

Hmmmmmmmm
hmmmmmmmm
hmmmmmmmmm

Hmm  Prince Oh my Prince smiley
Re: Six Ways To Tell A Prince From A Player by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jan 05, 2011
:-x :-x
Re: Six Ways To Tell A Prince From A Player by Dyt(f): 5:43pm On Jan 05, 2011
Kay r u high on cold?
Re: Six Ways To Tell A Prince From A Player by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jan 05, 2011
Interesting thread. Too bad princes are on the "brink" of extinction cry cry
Re: Six Ways To Tell A Prince From A Player by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jan 05, 2011
^^^^^so are princesses too, lmao!
Re: Six Ways To Tell A Prince From A Player by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jan 05, 2011
When i saw that the last poster was "Mr.BrownJay" I already knew. . . wink
Re: Six Ways To Tell A Prince From A Player by Bluhazel: 5:05pm On Jan 06, 2011
@ topic
Does it mean i should be economical or stingy when spending on my girlfriend in other to be seen as a Prince
Re: Six Ways To Tell A Prince From A Player by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jan 06, 2011
switdick:

Op, your analysis is for you and you only,every girl determines her prince and player.we live on the bitter side of reality where girls{at least many not all though} prefer the players. And who told you a prince cant be admired{or as you put it 'lust'for}by girls?my point is your definition of a prince and a playa in this context is simply in your own perspective,because a playa can come as your prince charming! Every girl knows what she wants in her guy whether prince or playa. My own definition of a playa is a prince but not in your vision of a playa or a prince as the case may be.

softly o, i no fit separate fight grin
Re: Six Ways To Tell A Prince From A Player by sweeti14(f): 6:25pm On Jan 06, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

^^^^^so are princesses too, lmao!
Kindly elaborate on who a princess is

(1) (2) (Reply)

Beauty Vs Brains? / I Need To Feel Those Feelings - Nl I Need Your Advice / 6 Things Girls Notice In Guys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.