Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,390 members, 7,808,378 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:11 AM

She Doesn't Believe In The Bible - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / She Doesn't Believe In The Bible (2386 Views)

Wow! Greatest Response To A Man Who Said He Doesn't Believe There Is A God! / Any Nigerian Girl Who Doesn't Believe In A God? / Can You Marry Someone Who Doesn't Believe In God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

She Doesn't Believe In The Bible by analyt82(f): 9:01pm On Nov 15, 2007
This is my first thread so please bare with me.

I have a friend who I've known for about 7 yrs. She is a close to me as a sister. From our freshman year we were as close to God as you can get and growing!!! It was so beautiful!! She just came out of the closet 4yrs ago while we were in college. She lives with her GF now in NJ/NY. I hate that she chose that lifestyle, but she is still my friend so I didn't abandon her. I started to at a couple points in time b/c God said "surround yourself with like minded ppl" and "two cannot walk together unless they agree" (loosely put).

To get to the point: She's been trying to break up w her gf for a WHILE now, but she keeps going back. About 2 mo ago she tried it again and I helped her (over the phone) through it. She stopped calling for a week and I knew they were back together. We were talking through email one day when she confirmed after I asked her.
She said, I longer that lesbianism is wrong. (She knows the bible)
I said, "How can you say that when you know that God detests it and that it's an abomination?"
She then BLEW ME OUT THE WATER when she said the "I don't believe in the bible. I believe the stories and concepts, but not the bible."
EXAMPLE: "I don't believe that he walked on water but I believe that through him anything is possible"
I said, "How can you believe in the concepts, but not where you got them from??"

I was so shocked, hurt and outraged that I didn't know what to say. It's been about a month and a half, but I can't let it go. I have to say more to her. She said that she can't believe that God would condem love between 2 human beings. Her logic is so twisted that I don't know where to start. Her mentality has changed so much. Can you guys help
Re: She Doesn't Believe In The Bible by Nobody: 10:10pm On Nov 15, 2007
Your friend needs serious prayers. This is the mentality of the enemy. . . someone once said that Satan's most potent trick is to make people believe he does not even exist.

The modern trend now is to accuse God of injustice . . . how can God condemn "love" between two people of the same sexes . . . But God said categorically in his word . . . male and female made He them! How difficult can it get that we dont understand what even animals who have barely any intelligence get?

Pray for her and as much as possible talk her through. She's at a stage where she needs you the most. Dont let go simply because you are offended.
Re: She Doesn't Believe In The Bible by analyt82(f): 10:55pm On Nov 15, 2007
Thanks David. wink I'll still be there for her, but I don't want her to be lost. I tried to get her to understand that it's just a trick of the enemy, but I think that God has turned her into a reprobate mind. He did say that if you continue to not listen to him that he'd turn you over to your sin. shocked I think that's what happened. I think prayer is the only thing that will help her now. cry It's sad that I at one time looked up to her spiritually. After that happened I was lost for a time. Now that I'm back on point I want her to be to. I'll continue to pray. smiley
Re: She Doesn't Believe In The Bible by jaysworld(f): 9:54am On Nov 16, 2007
WHILE U WANNA BE THERE FOR HER,NEVER FORSAKE THE GATHERING OF THE BRETHREN.YOU KNOW WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS.iRON SHARPENETH IRON.
Re: She Doesn't Believe In The Bible by Purist(m): 11:20am On Nov 16, 2007
analyt82:

but I think that God has turned her into a reprobate mind. He did say that if you continue to not listen to him that he'd turn you over to your sin. shocked I think that's what happened.

An omnibenevolent God said that? shocked
Re: She Doesn't Believe In The Bible by analyt82(f): 3:52pm On Nov 16, 2007
I thought I added "loosely put" behind that sentence, undecided but if you need the exact scripture, I can get it for you.  wink
Re: She Doesn't Believe In The Bible by Kobojunkie: 9:52pm On Nov 17, 2007
analyt82:

I thought I added "loosely put" behind that sentence, undecided but if you need the exact scripture, I can get it for you. wink

In this case I have a couple of questions for you @Analyt82. Why do you feel you NEED to save her?? She has made her choice and you ultimately need to make your own choice based on her choice. You mentioned surrounding yourself with like-minded people but you somehow continue to hold on to this even though it seems your spirit is not doing well with this relationship you have with her. She does not want to believe as you do. Why don't you accept that she has made her choice and let her be?? If she wants to attack God, it is her choice and it does not in any way have to affect your own life. If you have chosen to believe the bible is the truth and she does not, then you should understand that she is free to believe as she wants to and you are not her saviour.

I say you pray for God to give you wisdom to move on on this and for God to bring like-minded friends into your own life and give you his peace and his joy in the wait. Be she happy or not, it is her choice in this,
Re: She Doesn't Believe In The Bible by Horus(m): 8:05pm On Nov 18, 2007
Defending christianity and its sister religions is a hopeless act doomed from the beginning. The fact of the matter is, all these modern religions are crimes organizations.
Re: She Doesn't Believe In The Bible by pilgrim1(f): 8:28pm On Nov 18, 2007
Horus:

Defending christianity and its sister religions is a hopeless act doomed from the beginning. The fact of the matter is, all these modern religions are crimes organizations.

Actually, the real crime organization is the illiterate re-engineering of Nubian society that seeks to blame their failure on others instead of waking up from their misery!
Re: She Doesn't Believe In The Bible by Kobojunkie: 8:31pm On Nov 18, 2007
pilgrim.1:

Actually, the real crime organization is the illiterate re-engineering of Nubian society that seeks to blame their failure on others instead of waking up from their misery!

LMAO!! you pinned it ~!!!!
Re: She Doesn't Believe In The Bible by Nobody: 8:36pm On Nov 18, 2007
@ kobojunkie, if i had a best friend who made the choise to leave the faith i wont walk out on such a one simply because i want to surround myself with people of like minds. I see it as my duty to coontinue to intercede on behalf of that friend, talk to him/her and do all i can to make sure they don't end up in hell.

There is power in honest friendship. . .

Seun in the name of God do something about this pest. My dear fellow using my username . . . are you not ashamed of yourself that you are not man enough to be your own self? Do you truly regard urself as a responsible adult?
Re: She Doesn't Believe In The Bible by Coco29(f): 8:44pm On Nov 18, 2007
@Topic the bible is a load of bullshit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and has nothing to do with THE MOST HIGH
Re: She Doesn't Believe In The Bible by pilgrim1(f): 8:46pm On Nov 18, 2007
Hehe. . we dey see manifestations already! grin
Re: She Doesn't Believe In The Bible by Nobody: 8:47pm On Nov 18, 2007
Coco29:

@Topic the bible is a load of bullshit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and has nothing to do with THE MOST HIGH

as if you know anything about THE MOST HIGH. That phrase "THE MOST HIGH" is only used in the bible, the very same book you regard as a load of bullshit. Stop shooting urself in the foot.
Re: She Doesn't Believe In The Bible by pilgrim1(f): 8:48pm On Nov 18, 2007
davidylan:

Seun in the name of God do something about this pest. My dear fellow using my username . . . are you not ashamed of yourself that you are not man enough to be your own self? Do you truly regard yourself as a responsible adult?

I know how you feel. But intelligent people won't be fooled to mistake you for him. wink
Re: She Doesn't Believe In The Bible by pilgrim1(f): 8:54pm On Nov 18, 2007
davidy|an:

oh? Intelligent people on NairaLand? The biggest joke of the year. Tell me - in the name of God - point to me the intelligent people on NairaLand.

Bros, I feel you O! grin self-attestation these days is a common commodity!
Re: She Doesn't Believe In The Bible by Kobojunkie: 8:55pm On Nov 18, 2007
davidylan:

@ kobojunkie, if i had a best friend who made the choise to leave the faith i wont walk out on such a one simply because i want to surround myself with people of like minds. I see it as my duty to coontinue to intercede on behalf of that friend, talk to him/her and do all i can to make sure they don't end up in hell.

There is power in honest friendship. . .

Seun in the name of God do something about this pest. My dear fellow using my username . . . are you not ashamed of yourself that you are not man enough to be your own self? Do you truly regard yourself as a responsible adult?

Here is what I get from what she posted and what I believe, 

1) She does not have peace herself in the relationship,  that to me is enough evidence why she should stick to INTERCEDING for this lady from afar. I don't know if you have but I have from past experience learned that I can not change people but I can pray that God will change them in HIS TIME but in the meantime, I will move to allow God change me and maybe change my friends.
There is a verse in the Bible that says LET PEACE BE YOUR UMPIRE. IF she is disturbed by this friendship, that pushes me to think that she does not have peace continuing in the relationship as she has been doing, hence something needs to change and since her friend is not changing, she herself needs to change for her friends good and ultimately for her own.

2) I am in no way advocating that she run away from this friend as in stop answering emails and phones and all but I am saying she should commit the relationship to God and herself move to find other people who are closer to God or focus more on God getting her right. I believe Jesus came to save people, that is not our job at all. Her friend already knows her stand in this issue. There is no need for her to keep drumming it down her ear. plus it has so far not worked but basically her friend has chosen to run back to this other instead.

3) I believe that we need to allow people to make mistakes for them to learn lessons that will last them in this life and beyond. Experience, they say, is the best teacher and I believe in cases like this, people need to come to the understanding that what they are doing is wrong for them to actually believe what you say to them. This lady has done her job as a believer, it is time for her to step aside and let the spirit do it's work on her friend. While she on the otherhand, seeks peace with God on this issue and this friendship.
Re: She Doesn't Believe In The Bible by Nobody: 9:01pm On Nov 18, 2007
@ Kobojunkie, i get your point of view. It must be an immensely painful experience to watch a best friend with whom you shared so many wonderful moments suddenly turn her back on the very Bible that brought you close.
I'm trying to put myself in her shoes and see what i would have done, it will be difficult to just move on. At the same time you are right, you cant continue ramming the bible down her throat, you run the risk of alienating the friend completely.

No wonder the bible says how much more difficult it is for people who have once tasted of the goodness of God to turn away . . . its much more difficult to win them back.
Re: She Doesn't Believe In The Bible by pilgrim1(f): 9:03pm On Nov 18, 2007
davidy|an:

the day an intelligent man/woman enters NairaLand - that is the day NairaLand will close down - NairaLand do actually repel intelectual discourse and intelligent homo sapiens.

Okay, we hear. smiley
Re: She Doesn't Believe In The Bible by Kobojunkie: 9:04pm On Nov 18, 2007
Oh, it is definitely difficult but I  believe it is the best in most cases. I have had it happen to me personally and I have come to learn that it was the best thing too.
Re: She Doesn't Believe In The Bible by Nobody: 9:05pm On Nov 18, 2007
davidy|an:

the day an intelligent man/woman enters NairaLand - that is the day NairaLand will close down - NairaLand do actually repel intelectual discourse and intelligent homo sapiens.

I wont be far from the truth to say that someone like you is one of the big reasons intelligent pple prefer to stay away. It must be depressing to be stuck with children like you trapped in adult bodies.
Re: She Doesn't Believe In The Bible by pilgrim1(f): 9:05pm On Nov 18, 2007
@davidylan,

davidylan:

I'm trying to put myself in her shoes and see what i would have done,

It's tough - and I've known that by experience. I really appreciate the ideas you and Kobojunkie have shared.
Re: She Doesn't Believe In The Bible by Nobody: 9:09pm On Nov 18, 2007
Kobojunkie:

Oh, it is definitely difficult but I believe it is the best in most cases. I have had it happen to me personally and I have come to learn that it was the best thing too.

I guess i'm lucky in a sense to have different experiences. I know what power sincere friendship had on me in college when i almost turned my back on God. My friends didnt pressure me to change . . . they simply stuck by me, we lived together, we ate together, they shared testimonies with me, invited me to church activities with them. Thank God for His grace . . . without them i probably wont be who i am today.
That's perhaps why i am emotionally on the side of friends sticking together no matter what.

Moving on is hard. Have you ever thought about going to heaven and suddenly realising you may not see most of your friends and family there? That is a horrifying thot.
Re: She Doesn't Believe In The Bible by Nobody: 9:11pm On Nov 18, 2007
Proverbs 18:24 A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother.

The first day i read this verse, i was so amazed! The bible just has answers to everything under the sun.
Re: She Doesn't Believe In The Bible by pilgrim1(f): 9:13pm On Nov 18, 2007
davidylan:

The first day i read this verse, i was so amazed! The bible just has answers to everything under the sun.

The beauty of it all is that it is always refreshing every single time it is read and its truths come alive to the reader.
Re: She Doesn't Believe In The Bible by Nobody: 9:17pm On Nov 18, 2007
pilgrim.1:

The beauty of it all is that it is always refreshing every single time it is read and its truths come alive to the reader.

My dear, even if you read it from back to back 10 times you will still go back and find something intriguing that you never noticed before. One morning i came across this verse just after Abacha died . . . Jeremiah 17:11 As the partridge sitteth on eggs, and hatcheth them not; so he that getteth riches, and not by right, shall leave them in the midst of his days, and at his end shall be a fool.

I laughed so tay tears fell down my eyes. If only the rogues who give tithes in church could see it.

Sorry peeps, i know that's offtopic.
Re: She Doesn't Believe In The Bible by jerrymania(m): 10:19pm On Nov 18, 2007
davidy|an:

@davidylan

You are an example of what yorubas call "ode"

Seun don ban this dude tire,but he still dey come back everytime. wetin we go do to eliminate this guy totally?
Re: She Doesn't Believe In The Bible by SugaLips(f): 10:33pm On Nov 18, 2007
davidy|an:

@davidylan

You are an example of what yorubas call "ode"
I can swear that it's a child behind this poster because he acts so damn retarded but unfortunately/fortunately because of the Internet no one would ever know. I wonder if his parents dropped him on his head as a kid because I can't find any reasonable explanation for his daftness.
Re: She Doesn't Believe In The Bible by Horus(m): 11:17pm On Nov 18, 2007

Because of the Caucasian and his Bible,no one has been able to really unite the African in any considerable numbers, and it is also WHY the people of African descent have not been able to make real progress toward freedom and equality. With the help of the Caucasian, Leviathan (the God of the Caucasians) hypnotized the African with its magic powers and SEALED the hypnosis with spi­ritual ignorance and racial indifference, and the only way the spell can be broken and the African be free again and free in­deed is that the spiritual ignorance be destroyed by spiritual knowledge and understanding, and the racial indifference be de­stroyed by racial knowledge and understanding. It is futile trying to free hypnotized people without using the magic formula that will reverse the hypnotic spell which is keeping them in captivity. Part of the magic formula to reverse or destroy the evil hypnotic
Re: She Doesn't Believe In The Bible by SugaLips(f): 11:22pm On Nov 18, 2007
davidy|an:

@Suga.

You think u can get a d ick here on NairaLand? sorry for u.

@all others, exactly my point. Ain't he retarded? No one said anything about sex but that's the only place his mind goes to.
Re: She Doesn't Believe In The Bible by pilgrim1(f): 11:26pm On Nov 18, 2007
Horus:

Because of the Caucasian and his Bible,no one has been able to really unite the African in any considerable numbers, and is also WHY the people of African descent have not been able to make real progress toward freedom and equality.

Such a sad tale. When will you guys wake up from your mysery and do something to better your lot instead of hiding under this debacle of blaming others for your misgivings?
Re: She Doesn't Believe In The Bible by Nobody: 1:05am On Nov 19, 2007
Suga_Lips:

@all others, exactly my point. Ain't he retarded? No one said anything about sex but that's the only place his mind goes to.

Pls do us all a huge favor and ignore him. It is clear that just like a cancer depends on blood vessels to survive, that child thrives on undeserved attention to make noise.
Pls dont be annoyed . . .

(1) (2) (Reply)

5 Nigerian Churches That Don’t Celebrate Christmas And Why / I'm Slowly Becoming an agnostic! / T.b Joshua Turn Water To Blood Of Jesus In Synagogue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.