Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,295 members, 7,808,003 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:20 AM

Breaking News -- Liverpool Coach Kenny Dalgish Has been sacked - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Breaking News -- Liverpool Coach Kenny Dalgish Has been sacked (6654 Views)

BREAKING NEWS: Roberto Mancini Has Been Sacked By Manchester City. / Ancelotti Has Been Sacked - With £6.5m pay-off / Breaking News : Roy Hogson Has Been Sacked ! This Is Good News For Liverpool Fans ! Mod Take N0te . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News -- Liverpool Coach Kenny Dalgish Has been sacked by luvola(m): 5:09pm On May 16, 2012
Kenny Dalglish sacked as Liverpool manager

Kenny Dalglish has been sacked as Liverpool manager.

"After a careful and deliberative review of the season, the club came to the decision that a change was appropriate," read a statement.

"Results in the Premier League have been disappointing and we believe to build on the progress that has already been made, we need to make a change."

Dalglish said his departure had been handled in a "honourable, respectful and dignified way".

Wigan manager Roberto Martinez and former boss Rafael Benitez have been installed as early favourites to fill the position.

Dalglish, 61, has paid the price for Liverpool's poor Premier League performances, especially at Anfield.

His departure comes after face-to-face talks with principal owners John W Henry and Tom Werner in Boston on Monday.

Despite reaching the FA Cup final and winning the Carling Cup, the Reds finished eighth in the top flight having lost as many games as they won.

"I am disappointed with results in the league, but I would not have swapped the Carling Cup win for anything as I know how much it meant to our fans and the club to be back winning trophies," said Dalglish.

Dalglish had been expected to take a holiday this week, but flew to the US instead to review the season with Henry and Werner.

Dalglish's dismissal follows the departure of director of football Damien Comolli and the club's head of sports medicine Peter Brukner in April.

Dalglish returned to manage the club for a second time in the wake of Roy Hodgson's departure in January 2011, initially on a caretaker basis until the end of the season.

After a strong finish to the season he was made permanent manager on 12 May 2011 on a three-year contract, but has been unable to carry that momentum into the new campaign.

Dalglish's second stint in charge at Anfield also proved controversial at times.

The Scot defended Luis Suarez in the wake of the striker's ban for racially abusing Manchester United defender Patrice Evra when the teams met in October.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18073446
Re: Breaking News -- Liverpool Coach Kenny Dalgish Has been sacked by aieromon(m): 5:38pm On May 16, 2012
He should have seen it coming miles away especially after the flop season of Mr Carroll.So much invested with little returns.If not for winning the Carling Cup,Liverpool would not have smelt Europe next season.This is unacceptable for a club with a very rich tradition.
Wait a minute,did someone mention the facht man as a likely replacement? grin angry
Re: Breaking News -- Liverpool Coach Kenny Dalgish Has been sacked by amosy007: 5:39pm On May 16, 2012
good news to liverpool fanz.. Daglish sux
Re: Breaking News -- Liverpool Coach Kenny Dalgish Has been sacked by OAM4J: 5:39pm On May 16, 2012
Another casualty of a poor season.

Dont worry Dalglish, take a break, another club will soon hire you, but for now, you have to walk alone.
Re: Breaking News -- Liverpool Coach Kenny Dalgish Has been sacked by sylve11: 5:42pm On May 16, 2012
Eya, Kenny sorry oooooooooooo sad cool
Re: Breaking News -- Liverpool Coach Kenny Dalgish Has been sacked by coolguyz(m): 5:46pm On May 16, 2012
very good news to all Kopites. lets put sentiments aside. . . . . .next is to ship out our expensive overrated average players starting with Henderson, Downing, Adam, carrol. . . . .and the youngsters that never grew up. . . .Spearing, Shelvey and co

Next question to the Boston owners - who do we have in mind to hire?
Re: Breaking News -- Liverpool Coach Kenny Dalgish Has been sacked by Isaactop9(m): 5:47pm On May 16, 2012
grin angry wink grin angry they shud employ AVB grin
Re: Breaking News -- Liverpool Coach Kenny Dalgish Has been sacked by henrychubayo: 5:49pm On May 16, 2012
The guy tried but liverpool has gone so low from the club we know before as champions league materials. Even before the f. a. Cup final with chelsea, i know chelsea will win but this was not the case 5 years ago when they were a bit stronger and any time against chelsea, my b.p use to rise to 400 level especially in champions league. But my question is, liverpool want to improve and win the league and qualify for champions league as well, man united say next season belongs to them and no one else, tot-spurs says its their time to win the league like man-city, chelsea say next year the blues will perform well and win the league, man-city say they will retain the cup, arsenal say 6 years baby is matured enough therefore, they will win it, who will win the premier league next season? We will see by this type next year, because this league has grown to be the most toughest and difficult league in the world.
Re: Breaking News -- Liverpool Coach Kenny Dalgish Has been sacked by kombats: 5:49pm On May 16, 2012
guy u badt ooo y u put d pic wey him put hand 4 headgrin
Re: Breaking News -- Liverpool Coach Kenny Dalgish Has been sacked by dayokanu(m): 5:50pm On May 16, 2012
Another useless English coach

WHy are all English coaches useless

All the top EPL teams dont even have English coaches
Re: Breaking News -- Liverpool Coach Kenny Dalgish Has been sacked by kombats: 5:52pm On May 16, 2012
Isaactop9: grin angry wink grin angry they shud employ AVB grin
hehehe u want make dem dey play 4 coca cola cup?
Re: Breaking News -- Liverpool Coach Kenny Dalgish Has been sacked by Tczar(m): 5:59pm On May 16, 2012
Gudnews #YNWA.
Re: Breaking News -- Liverpool Coach Kenny Dalgish Has been sacked by tchaik(m): 5:59pm On May 16, 2012
He is now 'WALKING ALONE'
Re: Breaking News -- Liverpool Coach Kenny Dalgish Has been sacked by hok4u(f): 6:03pm On May 16, 2012
He was not sacked,he resigned according to goal.com
Re: Breaking News -- Liverpool Coach Kenny Dalgish Has been sacked by Nobody: 6:04pm On May 16, 2012
It is now De Matteo next....Daglish Language was just a wasted investment, he might have driven them to relegation next season, good riddance to Xad rubbish. Roberto Manchini will also be dropped by December from an Astrological position.
Re: Breaking News -- Liverpool Coach Kenny Dalgish Has been sacked by category(m): 6:13pm On May 16, 2012
dayokanu: Another useless English coach

His not an English coach, he is a Scot.
Re: Breaking News -- Liverpool Coach Kenny Dalgish Has been sacked by Helenito: 6:15pm On May 16, 2012
Just as I expected. I wish we'd bring back Rafa. YNWA!
Re: Breaking News -- Liverpool Coach Kenny Dalgish Has been sacked by Ibangap(m): 6:20pm On May 16, 2012
hok4u: He was not sacked,he resigned according to goal.com
Tah! Who tel u say na resignation, d guy's butts was fired. Poor him, he should go nd ask mancini hw to manage big money players.
Re: Breaking News -- Liverpool Coach Kenny Dalgish Has been sacked by morgist(m): 6:29pm On May 16, 2012
yah it is comfirmed he has been sacked

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News -- Liverpool Coach Kenny Dalgish Has been sacked by Nobody: 6:30pm On May 16, 2012
henrychubayo: The guy tried but liverpool has gone so low from the club we know before as champions league materials. Even before the f. a. Cup final with chelsea, i know chelsea will win but this was not the case 5 years ago when they were a bit stronger and any time against chelsea, my b.p use to rise to 400 level especially in champions league. But my question is, liverpool want to improve and win the league and qualify for champions league as well, man united say next season belongs to them and no one else, tot-spurs says its their time to win the league like man-city, chelsea say next year the blues will perform well and win the league, man-city say they will retain the cup, arsenal say 6 years baby is matured enough therefore, they will win it, who will win the premier league next season? We will see by this type next year, because this league has grown to be the most toughest and difficult league in the world.

Dude, no offence but ur analysis and grammatical blunder appear to be on d same frequency.
Re: Breaking News -- Liverpool Coach Kenny Dalgish Has been sacked by RuuDie(m): 6:30pm On May 16, 2012
Next manager up for the axe, next club to 'lose' big - RDM, Chelsea.

Lets face it; moral of the story here is. . .hire a manager, cut him enough slack to do his thing - Liverpool never gave Roy Hodgson ample time or resources; same applies with Chelsea's handling of AVB - not enough time to pass judgement.
Re: Breaking News -- Liverpool Coach Kenny Dalgish Has been sacked by Nobody: 6:35pm On May 16, 2012
dayokanu: Another useless English coach

LOL. . .You and English people.
Wait for an English team to humiliate you this Sat.
Re: Breaking News -- Liverpool Coach Kenny Dalgish Has been sacked by WhoIGoAsk: 6:53pm On May 16, 2012
Top on their list is Roberto Martinez, others are

Rafael Benitez
AVB
Rijkaard
Kenny Rodgers
Paul Lambert.

However, optimists are talking about Guardiola, Hiddinks
Re: Breaking News -- Liverpool Coach Kenny Dalgish Has been sacked by aieromon(m): 7:06pm On May 16, 2012
Who I Go Ask?:

Rafael Benitez
AVB
Rijkaard
Kenny Rodgers
Paul Lambert.

What the phuck is the fact goat doing on this list?
Re: Breaking News -- Liverpool Coach Kenny Dalgish Has been sacked by ortopazz(m): 7:12pm On May 16, 2012
o men badt tinz
Re: Breaking News -- Liverpool Coach Kenny Dalgish Has been sacked by Emmy9ite(m): 7:13pm On May 16, 2012
cheesy
morgist: yah it is comfirmed he has been sacked
Guy u badt o, LWKMDeath for that ur pix!
Re: Breaking News -- Liverpool Coach Kenny Dalgish Has been sacked by hismail1(m): 7:26pm On May 16, 2012
he deserves it having lost 14 games in the epl this season.the highest for the team after 1952/1953 season
Re: Breaking News -- Liverpool Coach Kenny Dalgish Has been sacked by Nobody: 7:31pm On May 16, 2012
that's why man utd is better than them all
Re: Breaking News -- Liverpool Coach Kenny Dalgish Has been sacked by dabrake(m): 7:37pm On May 16, 2012
Who I Go Ask?:

Rafael Benitez
AVB
Rijkaard
Kenny Rodgers
Paul Lambert.

no amodu? kadiri ikhana?

1 Like

Re: Breaking News -- Liverpool Coach Kenny Dalgish Has been sacked by Sike(m): 7:44pm On May 16, 2012
Good luck to him
Re: Breaking News -- Liverpool Coach Kenny Dalgish Has been sacked by emmke(m): 7:53pm On May 16, 2012
lol, i once wrote, on nl, that: top 4 finish>fa cup +carling cup, these days. but some looserpool fans lashed at me. Bet kenny would have still had his job if he'd managed to sneak in the losers in that much coveted top 4. grin. Sucks to be pool fan grin cool
Re: Breaking News -- Liverpool Coach Kenny Dalgish Has been sacked by 1025: 7:54pm On May 16, 2012
i know it. the man concentrated more on winning my chelsea rather than doing what he was hired for.
let him go so that my chelsea will have rest of mind.

(1) (2) (Reply)

FA Cup: Chelsea Vs Birmingham (1 - 1) On Saturday February 18th 2012 / FA Cup: Queens Park Rangers Vs Chelsea (0 - 1) On 28th January 2012 / Arsenal Vs Burnley (0 - 0) On 23rd January 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.