Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,050 members, 7,807,154 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:25 AM

Explosive! How $2.8bn Disappeared From Midland Bank Under Gen. Buhari - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Explosive! How $2.8bn Disappeared From Midland Bank Under Gen. Buhari (18881 Views)

FG Spends N5.8bn On Presidential Jets In Six Months / How Stable Was The Naira Under Gen. Buhari? / NNPC Questions Missing $2.8bn Oil Money During Buhari's Tenure As Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Explosive! How $2.8bn Disappeared From Midland Bank Under Gen. Buhari by Beaf: 2:29pm On May 17, 2012
hercules07: @Beaf

Buhari sent many people to jail to teach others a lesson, he might have been aggressive about it, but, he did it with the intention to deter others, the sight of the gallows is meant to focus minds, we need someone to do the same to the looters wasting our commonwealth, infact, compared to the looters we have now, the second republic looters are boy scouts (apologies to Sanusi); if Buhari was a thief, OBJ who does not forgive easily would have buried him immediately he came in, I understand you sha, you need to justify your wages, hopefully when I am in Abuja, we can hook up so I can at least take a bottle of maltina out of the national cake being shared to you.

No, Buhari was an abuser of power; he sent anyone who asked him a difficult question to jail. He sent any pressman who wrote a TRUE story he found embarrassing to jail. If you dared make a cartoon of Buhari? Jail!

The man is the definition of animal.

...And next time, please don't end your arguments with silliness just because you have no point.
Re: Explosive! How $2.8bn Disappeared From Midland Bank Under Gen. Buhari by Beaf: 2:30pm On May 17, 2012
Rewind...

Beaf: [size=14pt]Beasts Of No Nation[/size]

Beasts of No Nation: Beast of No Nation is the first song Fela wrote in 1986, after he was liberated from prison—serving two years from a five year prison sentence for trumped-up foreign currency violation charges. Everywhere he went after his release, people were asking him what he was going to sing about: ‘Fela wetin you go sing about? Them go worry me!”. People wanted to hear him sing about his prison experience, like he had done with the songs like: Alagbon Close, Kalakuta Show, and Expensive poo. Finally, he decided to sing about the world we live in—with particular reference to Nigeria. He said when he was in prison he called it ‘Inside World’, out of prison he called it ‘Outside World’. But for him it is actually ‘Craze World’.

[size=14pt]Otherwise, what name can one give a world with: police brutality, army oppression, courts without justice, magistrates who are supposed to uphold the law, obviously seen bending the law to please some special interest. As further proof of the craze world, he sings about the judge who sent him to jail for five years on a trumped up charge, only for the same judge to visit Fela in a prison hospital two years after. The judge apologized, claiming he was under pressure from the government to convict. This could only happen in a Craze World, Fela reasons.[/size]

It can only be in a craze world that people sit and watch governments shoot down protesting students with impunity, like in Soweto(South Africa), Zaria and Ife(Nigeria). Bearing in mind that Nigeria like all craze world countries, condemn the apartheid regime in South Africa, yet committing crimes against humanity in their respective countries. Turning to another aspect of craze world policy of the Nigerian government. In 1983, the Buhari/Idigabon military regime launched a public campaign dubbed ‘War Against Indiscipline’. This was the regime’s solution to corruption inherent in the Nigerian society. To justify this campaign, [size=14pt]the Nigerian head of state, General Buhari and his deputy General Idiagbon publicly used words like: ‘…my people are useless! My people are senseless! My people are indisciplined!’[/size] to describe Nigerian People.

For Fela, only in a craze world can such remarks be made. Moreover, such statements could only have come from an ‘animal in human skin’. How could these two animals use such words to qualify a people who feed them? This being so, other leaders from other countries must either be animals themselves to associate with, or accept to co-habit under such an umbrella as the United Nations with a head of state that considers his people useless.

Turning to the United Nations, Fela saw it as a majorly unhealthy organization that suffers major inadequacy in its organizational principles. It is absurd to organize the UN principle bodies; the Security Council and the General Assembly, in such an undemocratic manner as one member’s cote can veto the decision of the majority. Is this Democracy? “What is United about the UN?” Fela asked. Thatcher went to war with Argentina over Falkland—yet both counties are members of the world body. Reagan and Libya were at war. Israel versus Lebanon. Iran versus Iraq. East-West cold war. It looks more like a group of disunited nations, so how can such a body work to promote and encourage respect for human rights? For Fela, that is another kind of animal talk. How can people talk about ‘individual’ rights? No one has the right to deprive someone else of what belongs to the individual—only an animal would try to take away another person’s legitimate rights. People who hear Fela say things like this reminded him that he was sent to prison for having such opinions of government. He, in his defense, said it was not him who called members of the UN animals. It was Pik Botha, the former South Africa President at the peak of the anti-apartheid struggle, in reaction to the persistent riots against the racist regime. He came out with a statement that his regime would act more brutally if the riots did not stop: “…this uprising will bring out the beast in us”. Fela’s reminded us that President Reagan advocated: “, constructive engagement with the apartheid regime” among member nations of the UN. The same policy as Mrs. Thatcher – an indication that they were sharing the same friendship and animal characteristics as Botha. If this is so the UN can only be an assembly of Beasts of No Nation.

- Mabinuori Kayode Idowu

http://www.fela.net/discography/beasts-of-no-nation

[img]http://1.bp..com/_MgRHpnroYGU/TRsHcU6PPHI/AAAAAAAABQs/ZVqYGJ9q7Qk/s1600/BeastsOfNoNation.jpg[/img]
Re: Explosive! How $2.8bn Disappeared From Midland Bank Under Gen. Buhari by Beaf: 2:31pm On May 17, 2012
Rewind...

Beaf: ^
[size=14pt]No wonder Buhari knows so much about dogs and baboons... Fela prophesied long ago![/size] cool cool cool

[flash=480,390]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zhA2pxthkI[/flash]

Ah - Let’s get now into another, underground spiritual game
Just go to help me the answer, go to say, "Aiya-kata"- Oh ya

O’feshe-Lu
[Chorus] Aiya kata
O’feshe- g’Ba

O’feshe-Woh
[Chorus] Aiya kata
O’feshe-Weng
Aiya kata
Aiya Koto
Aiya Kiti
Aiya Kutu

O’feshe-Lu
[Chorus] Aiya kata
O’feshe- g’Ba

Oh,

Basket mouth wan start to leak again, oh-
[Chorus] Basket mouth wan open mouth again, oh
Abi you don forget I say I sing, ee-oh
Oh, I sing, I say, I go my mouth like basket, ee-oh, Malan Bia-gbe-re

Basket mouth wan start to leak again, oh-

Fela, wetin you go sing about?
[Chorus] Dem go worry me…

Dem go worry me, worry me-- worry, worry, worry, worry
[Chorus] Dem go worry me
Dey wan to make us sing about prison
Dem go worry me, worry me-- worry, worry all over da town
Dey wan to know about prison life
Dem go worry me, worry me-- worry, worry all over da town

Fela, wetin you go sing about?
[Chorus] Dem go worry me
Dem go worry me, worry me-- worry, worry, worry, worry

The time weh I dey, for prison, I call am “inside world”
The time weh I dey outside prison, I call am “outside world”
Na craze world, na be outside world

[Chorus] Craze world
Na be outside- da police-i dey
Na be outside- da soldier dey
Na be outside- da court dem dey
Na be outside- da magistrate dey
Na be outside- da judge dem dey
Na craze world be dat
[size=14pt]Na be outside- Buhari dey
Na craze man be dat
Animal in craze-man skin-i
Na craze world be dat
Na be outside- Idia-gbon dey
Na craze man be dat- oh
Animal in craze-man skin-i
Na craze world be dat
Na be outside- dem find me guilty
Na be outside- dem jail me five years
I no do nothing
Na be outside-dem judge dey beg ee-o
Na craze world be dat, Na craze world be dat
Na be outside- dem kill dem students
Soweto, Zaria, and Ife
Na craze world be dat, ee-oh
Na craze world be dat,
Na be outside- all dis dey happen[/size]
Na craze world be dat, ee-oh…,

[size=14pt]Make you hear this one
War against indiscipline, ee-oh

Na Nigerian government, ee-oh
Dem dey talk ee-oh
“My people are us-e-less, My people are sens-i-less, My people are indiscipline”

Dem dey talk be dat
“My people are us-e-less, My people are sens-i-less, My people are indiscipline”

I never hear dat before- oh
Make Government talk, ee-oh

Dem dey talk be dat
Which kind talk be dat- oh?
Craze talk be dat ee-oh
Na animal talk be dat – oh
Na animal talk be dat – oh

[Chorus] Many leaders as you see dem
[Chorus] Na different disguise dem dey-oh
[Chorus] Animals in human skin
[Chorus] Animal-I put-u tie-oh
[Chorus] Animal-I wear agbada
[Chorus] Animal-I put-u suit-u[/size]

These disguising leaders ee-oh, na wah for dem
Dem-o hold meeting everywhere, dem reach America

Dem call the place, the “United Nations”
Hear-oh another animal talk
Wetin united inside “United Nations”?
Who & who unite, for “United Nations”?
No be there Thatcher & Argentina dey
No be there Reagan & Libya dey
Is-i-rael versus Lebanon
Iran-i-oh versus Iraq-i
East West Block versus West Block East
No be there dem dey oh- United Nations
Dis “united” United Nations
One veto vote is equal to 92 […or more, or more]
What kind sense be dat, na animal sense

[Chorus] Animal-I put-u suit-u

[size=14pt]Dem go hold meeting, oh, Dem go start yab human beings
Animal talk don start again
Dash dem, human rights

Dem go hold meeting, oh, Dem go start yab human beings
Animal talk don start again
Dash dem human rights

How animal go know-say dem no born me as slave?
How animal go know say slave trade don pass?
And, dey wan dash us human rights
Animal must talk to human beings
Give dem human rights

I beg-I, oh, make you hear me well-u well
I beg-I, oh, make you hear me very well

Human rights na my property
So therefore, you can’t dash me my property
Human rights na my property
Dey wan dash us human rights

Some people say, “Why I dey talk like dis,
No be talk like dis, dem take to carry me go prision ee-oh”
No be me dey talk, na Prime Minister Botha dey talk, ee-oh

Him say, “this uprising will bring out the beast in us”
[Chorus] this uprising will bring out the beast in us[/size]

Eh Ji Keke- my argument

Botha na friend to Thatcher & Reagan
Botha na friend to some other leaders too
And together dem wan dash us human rights
Animals wan dash us human rights
Animal can’t dash me human rights
Animal can’t dash us human rights

[Chorus] Animal-I put-u suit-u

Beasts of no nation- Egbe Ke Gbe na bad society

[CHORUS] Beasts of no nation, egbe ke gbe
[CHORUS] Beasts of no nation, oturu gbe ke

Easy… easy
Re: Explosive! How $2.8bn Disappeared From Midland Bank Under Gen. Buhari by Beaf: 2:35pm On May 17, 2012
gregg2: Very incisive piece by a nairalander.
The guy's post suggest that Buhari's deputy, Idiagbon was much stronger than him and that Buhari without Idiagbon could be likened a car without engine. Read on . . .

Buhari was the weakest military head of state. I remember when we demonstrated in 1994 during the June 12 saga. Nobody thought of Buhari the way some of you talk now. I am so surprised that since the CPC campaign, all these funny stories of Buhari are being peddled everywhere. Back in the nineties, Buhari was only remembered as the failed and weak Nigerian president whose deputy ruled for him. I dont know where all these Buhari praises are coming from. Probably from a generation that didn't know what happened back then.

Idiagbon was not only more respected in the army, he was more respected in the whole country. Idiagbon was seen and knowm as the man who called the shots. As proof that Buhari didnt have any serious respect or following in the army, the coup that overthrew him was the easiest since independence. No resistance of any kind. that only happens when you dont have a strong army following. Orkah coup would have easily succeeded if it was Buhari in power. It took the IBB boys to stop Orkah coup. I dont like IBB or Abacha but you have to say they had good following in the army. OBJ still has the biggest base in the army, believe it or not. like him or not. Buhari was a nobody in the army. He was non existent. He was never an active person in the military. Go check the records from 1966 coup till he became president and after he left.

When you overthrow a civilian government, you have to make it look justified. That was what precipitated all he tried to do then. The country was not in any crisis when he took over. There were economic issues alright but the naira was still 1:1 with the dollar. Nobody was suffering. we had free books in school and ate free meals sometimes. Things really became bad during the IBB years. IBB is the guy that really took us to the cleaners.

Abacha did nothing and spoiled little. Buhari is not a tough guy. He is just an opportunist who has seen that he can play on the northern sentiments that they want their own to rule. That is why he has been playing the sharia card since the OBJ regime. He was the first to come out and support Yerima on the sharialization of Zamfara state. He later went on to tell Moslems not to vote for Christians. Just playing on their sentiments. Nothing more. If he is really a strong leader, he would have a strong following. Atiku might be bad, but you have to give it to him that he is a strong leader and it shows in his followership base. If not that men like OBJ backed GEJ, it would have been very difficult for GEJ to beat Atiku in PDP.

https://www.nairaland.com/833919/buhari-nigerias-weakest-military-head
Re: Explosive! How $2.8bn Disappeared From Midland Bank Under Gen. Buhari by Beaf: 2:37pm On May 17, 2012
Rewind...

Beaf: [size=14pt]How $2.8bn Disappeared from Midland Bank When Gen. Buhari was Petroleum Minister in 1977[/size]
NAIWU OSAHON

All our military heads of state were largely insensitive, corrupt, almost illiterate, self-appointed tyrants who seized their stripes of honour (dishonour is probably more appropriate) through coups rather than the rigours of formal training, experience or war. Each one of the military heads of state simply got up from bed one chosen morning, pistle on the hip, jackboots on the ready to besmear our constitution to loot our treasury to their hearts content. Of course, they soon made up on the job for their lack of proper war or soldiering experience by detaining, tear gassing, shooting and bombing citizens protesting against their high-handedness and misrule. Everyone of our coup Generals aspired to be the richest lazy fool in the world sitting like an over-fed [size=14pt]baboon [/size]atop the tallest tree in our devastated and rotting vineyard, savouring their exploits amidst squalor, hunger and decaying corpses. General Muhammadu Buhari was one of such military heads of state.

[size=14pt]Shagari's regime (1979-1983), incurred Buhari's wrath when it decided to investigate the US$2.8 billion that disappeared from the Midland Bank, London account of the Nigerian National Petroleum Cooperation, (NNPC), during General Obasanjo's era as military head of state that preceded Shagari's. Dr. Olusola Saraki, Turaki of Ilorin, was the majority party leader of the Senate at the time and he headed the Senate Committee set up to trace the stolen money after some three years of clamour for such an investigation by members of the civil society. The money was traced to the Midland Bank London branch fixed account of Obasanjo's appointee as military head of the Nigerian National Petroleum Company. The Committee's report was presented to the Senate during the tail end of Shagari's regime in 1983, so the House decided to deal with the matter and expose the rogue military head of the NNPC soon after the 1983 general elections. The attempt at civilian-to-civilian transition provided the fillip for mayhem at the time. The elections were marred by massive rigging because incumbent political office holders were refusing to slacken their stranglehold on Nigeria Plc., mortgaged as the leaders private property.[/size]

[b]On the 31st December, 1983 , Buhari struck under the cover of the political commotion that trailed the presidential election results. Buhari generally had no agenda for leadership but vendetta against those he called critics and rabble-rousers. Buhari did not see any moral wrong in his conversion of our oil money into his personal use. Rather he railed at the press and what he described as the self-righteous sections of the country for making a big deal out of the issue. He locked up without trial, politicians and critics including Fela Anikulapo-Kuti, notorious for clamouring for the exposure of the oil money rogue. Satire saved my neck at the time. Vera Ifudu, who was an NTA reporter then, was sacked through his prodding as military ruler, for reporting what Dr. Olusola Saraki had told her in an interview about how the missing money was traced to Buhari's account at a Midland Bank London branch. Vera eventually won her case of wrongful dismissal in court against the NTA and was financially compensated. Buhari's 'War Against Indiscipline' was obviously a swathe to camouflage his moral decadence. He did not see anything wrong with the over 50 suitcases an Emir smuggled through the Murtala International Airport without routine checks. And as a master of selective justice, he refused to convict Shagari, claiming not to find direct evidence against him but making a mountain out of a molehill on the indulgencies of Shagari's lieutenants. His regime's masterstroke to divert attention from his moral ineptitude was exemplified by his crating of Umaru Dikko to airfreight back to Nigeria from London .[/b] Despite his moral degeneracy and his high handedness and intolerance of dissent, his regime was not a total disaster. He maintained a vibrant foreign policy with Africa as its principal focus. Nigeria was already a failed state economically when he seized government from Shagari. We had a staggering foreign debt load of US$18 billion, so Buhari stopped all further borrowing, and in defiance of the IMF and World Bank, provided a homegrown alternative to the IMF's SAP and pegged the exchange rate of the naira at one to the US$1.50. He stopped all further borrowing from abroad; instituted counter trade for essential or desperately needed commodities and put a ceiling (or an upper limit) on the amount of foreign exchange earnings to be used in servicing foreign debts. After sorting out and rejecting all the dubious and unverifiable foreign debts in our portfolio, he paid off nearly 50% of the genuine debts by the end of his regime in 1985. Even Britain was already scheming to enter into counter trade agreement with Nigeria when Babangida was sponsored in 1986 by the West to sack Buhari in a military coup that reversed our limited economic gains. Not much is known about Buhari's family background. Not a great deal has been heard about his educational qualifications either. As head of state, he was a recluse to the core. At least, that was the image he portrayed. His deputy, the late Gen. Idiagbon, was considered by most Nigerians to be the star of Buhari's regime. It is to Idiagbon that any credit due to that regime is generally attributed. Idiagbon was the defacto head of state. He was honest, upright, disciplined, and like Murtala Muhammed before him, he succeeded briefly in introducing order and sanity to our lives.

[size=14pt]After consigning the vexatious matters that brought him to power, to administrative oblivion with the help of Shinkafi, his Secret Service guru, Buhari announced his readiness to quit office. Idiagbon, as Buhari's lieutenant, naturally insisted on taking over as head of state from his apparently prematurely retiring boss. Babangida, who was Chief of Army Staff at the time and a member of the Supreme Military Council, insisted it was his turn to rule because he had been involved in virtually every military coup up to that time. The quarrel split the Supreme Military Council members almost equally behind the two principal combatants and eventually led to the overthrow of Buhari's regime by Babangida.[/size] America , Britain and the other leading western nations hailed Babangida's coup and immediately sent emissaries to strategize with him. President Reagan went out of his way to send him gifts including books such as Niccolo Machiavelli's: the Prince, advocating the destruction of civil freedom to strengthen despotism. The June 12 annulment provided Buhari with the opportunity to publicly wear a messianic toga while quietly pursuing private vendetta against someone he considered his enemy. He attended meetings at Ota to join with others to condemn Babangida's decision and as soon as the decision was reached to ask Babangida to step down, he stopped attending further meetings. He had achieved his revenge.

[b]Abacha rehabilitated Buhari with the chairmanship of the Petroleum Trust Fund (PTF) before he (Abacha) died in 1998. When Obasanjo returned to power in May 1999 as civilian president, he found that over 2.5 billion naira had not been properly accounted for in the PTF and that there was not much on the ground to show for the colossal expenditure the agency was claiming. On the day Obasanjo announced the scrapping of the PTF, a non-staff brother-in-law of the boss, allegedly serving as his conduit on some PTF projects, died suddenly from what appeared to be heart failure. Most of what he was able to achieve in the PTF, was focused in his backyard. Haruna Adamu, who was appointed by Obasanjo to investigate the PTF before finally consigning it to the dung heap, quickly pocketed one hundred million naira of PTF's money before operating table could be set up for him, thus forcing Obasanjo to hurriedly close the place down without further investigations. Buhari has been trying desperately since to return to power, perhaps to get a chance to shred the PTF documents? [/b]

Buhari is a tribal and religious bigot. When he lost the presidential election in April 2003, he threatened the nation with mass action and refused to go to court. He organized a rally in Abuja, as one in a series of such civil acts of disobedience to protest what he described as the massive rigging of the election that brought Obasanjo to power the second time.
He almost succeeded in launching his Jihad. The alleged taped sermon of an unnamed pastor at an unidentified church in Adamawa claiming that: 'Whether Muslims like it or not, Obasanjo must continue' and that 'any Muslim who does not want that, can die or move to Niger ' was obviously a blatant forgery. It was very likely to be the handiwork of the 'Crater of Dikko brigade. For a start, the language of the sermon was too brash to be true, especially coming as it was claimed, from a Christian minority likely to bear the brunt of the consequences of the offensive sermon in a predominantly Muslim state. The Christian minority would have had to be mad to the last man, to call for their own annihilation in such a careless and irresponsible manner.

It is not logical that the Christian cleric would send hundreds of his suicide sermon tapes, not to Christians, but to Muslim clerics and the media around the country. Someone who desperately wanted to kill Nigeria must think we are all morons and I suggest we look for him at the backyard of our current number one Jihadist. Where else to look when Buhari was threatening he must occupy the Presidency whether he won the election or not. We begged him to go to the Electoral Tribunal to settle the matter but he insisted that he would rather clubber us to death, with religion than subject himself to the in indignity of being judged by another man. That is how badly he cares about our welfare and survival.
One is not always sure if he is truly a Nigerian because let's face it; no true Nigerian would hate Nigeria so much as to threaten her with a Jihad. May be the problem is of a mental nature considering the gutter snipes often credited to the supposed statesman on the Hausa service of the BBC and other foreign media about his fatherland. He seems to love to speak before he thinks. There is something definitely troubling about the mind of this crater genius because it is probably not just Nigerians that he hates but life itself in its totality. In other words, we are probably all trapped in the vicious grip of a cool and calculating sadist. In fact, I am told that no one has ever seen him smile or laugh.
Sam Omatseye, writing about Buhari in the Sun newspaper at the time said: 'He (Buhari) uses Sharia to justify his worldview; to justify a certain selfish view of the world that serves his interest at a particular time. He played that card in the presidential election in order to secure a base for himself. But he needed more than his northern base to become president. You must be flexible to pull non-sharia base with you and the man has no flexibility in his bones so when he tries to play the chameleon, he fails. He tries to carry a veneer of a man of principles but falls short when selfish interest is involved.' Buhari has no respect for democracy. Under his behest, the ANPP humiliated five highly respected South-Eastern Presidential aspirants at their primary for the 2003 presidential election despite having Dr. Okadigbo as Buhari's running mate. After rigging his party's primary to become its presidential candidate, Buhari then felt he stood on moral grounds to preach election morals to the world. Buhari ignored the South-West completely, as if it did not exist and offered the South-South, the unattractive, legally diminished constitutional option on derivation. To rob salt into injury, he threatened to swap NDDC with PTF. If he wasn't playing with words, he betrayed his selfish ethnic agenda because we all know what happened in his PTF. It concentrated its activities in the North.

Buhari definitely was not a sellable presidential candidate across Nigeria . What happened was that the incumbent ANPP governors needed a Buhari to help them hold on to their states on religious grounds. Even in the area of public debate, Buhari was not articulate or detribalized and he lacked charisma. He ignored all entreaties to explain his programmes to the 'bloody civilians.' Arrogant and condescending, he was unable to climb down from his high horse as a former military dictator. Infused with the moribund myth that Nigerian leadership was the sole property of his ethnic group, he assumed he could cow the rest of us with a jihad. If that failed, some said, military coup was a possibility because a kaferi must not continue to rule. He concentrated his campaign (if it could be called that, because he said very little at every stop), in the North-East and North-West of the country. The little he said, was only in the Hausa language to titillate the warrior nerves of his jihadist gang.

With 19 states in the North, he was convinced he could, at least, force a re-run in the elections, forgetting that the North Central states are already a little weary of jihad. Even the core North itself has some 30% Christian population. Awolowo and Zik exposed the fallacy of the monolithic north by winning elections all over the place during their time. Abiola proved that religion is not the cocoon the Buharis think it is in modern Nigerian politics.

He prost!tutes his political ambition by moving from party to party, with the sole aim of becoming the presidential candidate of any party he joins. He is not prepared to serve under anyone else, definitely not under a southern candidate. On seeing that he would not be able to realize his selfish ambition in the mega party he initially joined with others to form, he hurriedly formed a break away party where no one would challenge him as presidential candidate. Since there is no hope of his legitimately ever becoming the Nigerian president or head of state again, Nigerians need to be preparing now for a possible jihad led by this man in the not too distant future.

http://www.9jabook.com/profiles/blog/show?id=2109467%3ABlogPost%3A1423653&commentId=2109467%3AComment%3A1426432&xg_source=activity
Re: Explosive! How $2.8bn Disappeared From Midland Bank Under Gen. Buhari by abacus(m): 2:37pm On May 17, 2012
@Egbon Beaf CRAZIST,

Am just curious, want to know reason behind Capt. Emmenuel Iheanacho suspension/sack last year April.

President Goodluck Jonathan today unsheathed the big stick, the first significant action following last Saturday’s election, by suspending Capt. Emmenuel Iheanacho as Minister of Interior and member of the Federal Executive Council.

According to a press statement by Ima Niboro, Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, the action follows “a number of lapses in the political leadership of the ministry traceable to his personal and official conduct.”

No specific issues were identified, but the action suggests that the President may now feel confident enough to insist on performance from Ministers and other office-holders in exchange for staying on the job.

Capt. Iheanacho’s position will be taken by Emeka Wogu, who will run the Interior Ministry alongside his Ministry of Labour.
Re: Explosive! How $2.8bn Disappeared From Midland Bank Under Gen. Buhari by hercules07: 2:39pm On May 17, 2012
@Beaf

Military regimes rule by decrees, they are not your normal democratic government, there was a decree to deal with journalist then, that is the nature of military regimes, as per being silly, I guess we all know who has displayed silliness on this thread.
Re: Explosive! How $2.8bn Disappeared From Midland Bank Under Gen. Buhari by Beaf: 2:45pm On May 17, 2012
hercules07: @Beaf

Military regimes rule by decrees, they are not your normal democratic government, there was a decree to deal with journalist then, that is the nature of military regimes

There was no decree to deal with journalists? Comedy!
Are journalists not part of society, or are they a specially malformed species of vermin to Buhari and those in his "dog and baboon" World?

Did he need a decree too to deal with social crusaders like Tai Solarin too? Remember Tai Solaein was jailed simply for asking a question.

We learn everyday!
Give it up, bruv. Evil cannot be defended; Buhari is the definition of the word, beast.

hercules07:
I guess we all know who has displayed silliness on this thread.

Thats easy. It is the dogs and baboons.
Re: Explosive! How $2.8bn Disappeared From Midland Bank Under Gen. Buhari by beafroast: 2:48pm On May 17, 2012
GEJ boi-boi aka Beaf, u no dey tire?!
Tufiakwa!!!
Wetin concern me and Buhari,him no be my present President.
Okay,i agree sey Buhari thief money.
Your master,GEJ nko?!
Him b MOST HOLY ANGEL GOODLUCK abi?
Dey there dey fool urself and ppl wey want 2 b fool.
Tell ur master 2 park well and do d tin wey ppl elect am 4.
Re: Explosive! How $2.8bn Disappeared From Midland Bank Under Gen. Buhari by Beaf: 2:50pm On May 17, 2012
beaf roast: GEJ boi-boi aka Beaf, u no dey tire?!
Tufiakwa!!!
[size=23pt]Okay,i agree sey Buhari thief money.[/size]
Your master,GEJ nko?!

Thank you, now scram. Shameless counterfeit Beaf.
Re: Explosive! How $2.8bn Disappeared From Midland Bank Under Gen. Buhari by hercules07: 2:55pm On May 17, 2012
@Beaf

I am sure you are not that naive given that you are a defender of GEJ who as the leader of PDP is BH's leader (according to Azazi), there was a decree promulgated to deal with journalists during Buhari's time for carrying seditious stories, give me an example of a military regime in Nigeria that was not harsh when it comes to human rights, many people have also been killed during GEJ's time abi the protesters that died in Lagos nko, shebi Buhari sent dissenters to jail, your brother killed those who voted him in.
Re: Explosive! How $2.8bn Disappeared From Midland Bank Under Gen. Buhari by Beaf: 2:56pm On May 17, 2012
^
Dude, come back when you are ready. Anybody that jails pressmen and "enemies" including a harmless old man like Tai Solarin is called a despot.

[size=14pt]On the 31st December, 1983, Buhari struck, under the cover of the political commotion that trailed the Presidential election results of the time. In reality, power was seized for the opportunity to destroy documents relating to the NNPC’s missing US$2.8 billion oil money, and punish all those involved in unraveling the scam. Politicians and critics, including Fela Anikulapo-Kuti, notorious for clamouring for the exposure of the oil money rogue Minister of Obasanjo’s military epoch, were locked up without trial. Buhari’s regime had a penchant for incarcerating all and sundry. Satire saved my neck at the time.[/size]

http://www.modernghana.com/news/273361/1/buhari-atiku-go-and-rest.html
Re: Explosive! How $2.8bn Disappeared From Midland Bank Under Gen. Buhari by beafroast: 3:00pm On May 17, 2012
Beaf:

hehehehehehe.....
Typical of Beaf.
D kwesion no gree u ansa.
Ur master GEJ him neva thief naija money b4
Re: Explosive! How $2.8bn Disappeared From Midland Bank Under Gen. Buhari by Beaf: 3:00pm On May 17, 2012
The entire country was shocked to its core when the man who siezed power just a few short weeks before announced that he was resigning! shocked shocked shocked

[size=14pt]Buhari generally had no agenda for leadership but vendetta against those he called critics and rabble-rousers. After consigning the vexatious matters that brought him to power, to administrative oblivion with the help of Shinkafi, his Secret Service guru, Buhari announced his readiness to quit office.

Idiagbon, as Buhari’s lieutenant, naturally insisted on taking over as head of state from his apparently prematurely retiring boss.[/size]

http://www.modernghana.com/news/273361/1/buhari-atiku-go-and-rest.html
Re: Explosive! How $2.8bn Disappeared From Midland Bank Under Gen. Buhari by beafroast: 3:01pm On May 17, 2012
Beaf:

hehehehehehe.....
Typical of Beaf.
D kwesion no gree u ansa.
Ur master GEJ him neva thief naija money b4
Once he was shoeless bt now he is shoeful.
Re: Explosive! How $2.8bn Disappeared From Midland Bank Under Gen. Buhari by Beaf: 3:16pm On May 17, 2012
What sort of General cries in public?

Does the image of Buhari in tears from losing an electoral joust match the one that has been created for Buhari with the aid of an edifice of lies? No it doesn't!

I will tell you why it doesn't too. It is because, the real player in Buhari's regime was the late General Tunde Idiagbon who took over after Buhari resigned (when the job of shredding and burning increminating NNPC documents was completed).
General Tunde Idiagbon was a no nonsense, unsmiling, morally upright, disciplined guy. A man of few words.

Today, just as Buhari stole $2.8billion, so he has stolen the achievements of General Tunde Idiagbon.
Today, Buhari, a shameless old man is exchanging words with politicians who are his childrens mates.

[img]http://1.bp..com/-OZLrGtbOKRo/TahcvApSIpI/AAAAAAAAAB4/5Z5UL5SvwE4/s1600/dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls.jpg[/img]

[size=14pt]The late, Great General Tunde Idiagbon[/size]

[img]http://www.ilorin.info/images/tundeIdiagbon.jpg[/img]
Re: Explosive! How $2.8bn Disappeared From Midland Bank Under Gen. Buhari by Demdem(m): 3:19pm On May 17, 2012
beaf roast: GEJ boi-boi aka Beaf, u no dey tire?!
Tufiakwa!!!
Okay,i agree sey Buhari thief money.
Your master,GEJ nko?!

This beaf talk sense wela...
Re: Explosive! How $2.8bn Disappeared From Midland Bank Under Gen. Buhari by Nobody: 3:23pm On May 17, 2012
Beaf:

...Yet you came in here and read the story! Lol! The truth will not be hidden. cool
All Nigerians (except winshes) are interested in knowing about how the country got to this point.
Buhari's actions are intrinsic to why the nation is in a rot.

Keep deceiving yourself. "Obama congratulated me on doing a good job". Oya, tell that drunk to try standing next to Obama at the next International Conference they meet up at and watch whether Obama no go show am say him know ancient Brazilian Jujitsu.

You guys are a disgrace. Shameless twats.

P.S: Meanwhile, Henry Okah said to tell you "Hi" and ". . . see you in hell!"
Re: Explosive! How $2.8bn Disappeared From Midland Bank Under Gen. Buhari by Nobody: 3:24pm On May 17, 2012
No matter what they say 1 Buhari is better than 11 GEJ's. talk of beast of no nation?
Who went to Germany to say Nigerian Army is substandard?
Who said terrorist attacks are normal?
Lets not waste time here, it will always be a battle between those licking the plate and shielding it,and those who want the food to be shared.
In the North Buhari is called Mai gaskiya, Even if Idiagbon was a disciplinarian, two people can not rule together except they agree.
Mr President should come to nairaland by himself, just as he visits facebook. Ofcourse he is one of those guests that never register, they just come and go at will no questions asked, none replied(my boys are working!).
In Akwa Ibom I was told: When you close your eyes so as not to see the people in the market,do not imagine that people will not look at you.

1 Like

Re: Explosive! How $2.8bn Disappeared From Midland Bank Under Gen. Buhari by Beaf: 3:30pm On May 17, 2012
[size=14pt]Prof. Wole Soyinka on Buhari[/size]

What one had dismissed was a rash of illusions, brought about by other political improbabilities that surround us, however, is being given an air of plausibility by individuals and groupings to which one had earlier attributed a sense of relevance of historic actualities. Recently, I published an article in the media, invoking the possible recourse to psychiatric explanation for some of the incongruities in conduct within national leadership.

Now, to tell the truth, I have begun to seriously address the issue of which section of society requires the services of a psychiatrist. The contest for a seizure of rationality is now so polarized that I am quite reconciled to the fact it could be those of us on this side, not the opposing school of thought that ought to declare ourselves candidates for a lunatic asylum. So be it. While that decision hangs in the balance however, the forum is open. Let both sides continue to address our cases to the electorate, but also prepare to submit ourselves for psychiatric examination.
Until then, let us bury this particular proposition and move on to a far graver, looming danger, personified in the history of General Buhari.

The grounds on which General Buhari is being promoted as the alternative choice are not only shaky, but pitifully naive. History matters. Records are not kept simply to assist the weakness of memory, but to operate as guides to the future. Of course, we know that human beings change. What the claims of personality change or transformation impose on us is a rigorous inspection of the evidence, not wishful speculation or behind-the-scenes assurances. Public offence, crimes against a polity, must be answered in the public space, not in caucuses of bargaining. In Buhari, we have been offered no evidence of the sheerest prospect of change. On the contrary, all evident suggests that this is one individual who remains convinced that this is one ex-ruler that the nation cannot call to order.

Buhari need one remind anyone – was one of the generals who treated a Commission of Enquiry, the Oputa Panel, with unconcealed disdain. Like Babangida and Abdusalami, he refused to put in appearance even though complaints that were tabled against him involved a career of gross abuses of power and blatant assault on the fundamental human rights of the Nigerian citizenry.

http://www.republicreport.com/the-crimes-of-buhari-wole-soyinka/

[img]http://2.bp..com/-1Iu3kCscmso/TzFuVfWPVOI/AAAAAAAAGHo/2W5OjCYnZtA/s1600/soyinka1.jpg[/img]
Re: Explosive! How $2.8bn Disappeared From Midland Bank Under Gen. Buhari by Nobody: 3:32pm On May 17, 2012
The best government in town, their spokesman Reuben Abati goes to the extent of saying another Presidential aspirant's wife did not vote for him, why not face the real job rather than spreading disaffection around the country, Or are you working for international interests to intentionally,underwhelm the hopes and aspirations of Nigerians, why all the Dog and Cat exchanges? last year he said they would take over from Rascals(lol) when they reply him,then the opposition wants to destabilise his government, how?
Re: Explosive! How $2.8bn Disappeared From Midland Bank Under Gen. Buhari by Nobody: 3:33pm On May 17, 2012
they don't make em as dull as beaf these days again! up on till now you haven't provided the panel report instead you have diverted to fela,tai solarin,53 cases etc! isn't that familiar?
we cry there is no light,jobs,water etc but instead the clown at the top diverts and shuts cities so as his "mama nice" can go ahead and commission hair salons!!
Re: Explosive! How $2.8bn Disappeared From Midland Bank Under Gen. Buhari by Beaf: 3:40pm On May 17, 2012
[size=14pt]Prof. Wole Soyinka - Buhari enslaved the nation[/size]

Buhari enslaved the nation. He gloated and gloried in a master-slave relation to the millions of its inhabitants. It is astonishing to find that the same former slaves, now free of their chains, should clamour to be ruled by one who not only turned their nation into a slave plantation, but forbade them any discussion of their condition.

So Tai Solarin is already forgotten? Tai who stood at street corners, fearlessly distributing leaflets that took up the gauntlet where the media had dropped it. Tai who was incarcerated by that regime and denied even the medication for his asthmatic condition? Tai did not ask to be sent for treatment overseas; all he asked was his traditional medicine that had proved so effective after years of struggle with asthma!

[img]http://2.bp..com/-o-ARXmQnnMQ/Tz3Ih47ZvBI/AAAAAAAAD24/pBeSQB_zbZg/s1600/soyinka.jpg[/img]
Re: Explosive! How $2.8bn Disappeared From Midland Bank Under Gen. Buhari by beafroast: 3:55pm On May 17, 2012
i just no know y beaf and him master dey fear Buhari die.
Anyways sha,Beaf neva tell us if him master neva thief nigeria money b4 one way or d other.
Just swear wit ur BLOKOS!
Swear like ds....if GEJ don eva thief nigeria money,make maggot full ur blokos so dat wen u dey kpekus ur wife/gf/ashawo na maggot u go dey fire.
But if GEJ nva thief nigeria money make Buhari take am...gbosa!! Oya start!
Hehehehehe....
Re: Explosive! How $2.8bn Disappeared From Midland Bank Under Gen. Buhari by feelamong(m): 3:57pm On May 17, 2012
Beaf:

The Irikefe panel report simply stated that NNPC was able to account for "most" of its funds.
It did not state the route of the money in and out of Buhari's Midland Bank fixed deposit account.

Buhari is a thief.

SO NNPC COULD ACCOUNT FOR ITS FUNDS ABI?THANKS FOR SHOWING US HOW STUPID YOU ARE!!!!!!
Re: Explosive! How $2.8bn Disappeared From Midland Bank Under Gen. Buhari by Beaf: 3:58pm On May 17, 2012
^
Another angry dog and baboon with no point. embarassed embarassed embarassed
Proof and logic are what we demand as we listen to the wise words of Soyinka and Fela. The full spectrum of truthful society.

beaf roast: i just no know y beaf and him master dey fear Buhari die.
Anyways sha,Beaf neva tell us if him master neva thief nigeria money b4 one way or d other.
Just swear wit ur BLOKOS!
Swear like ds....if GEJ don eva thief nigeria money,make maggot full ur blokos so dat wen u dey kpekus ur wife/gf/ashawo na maggot u go dey fire.
But if GEJ nva thief nigeria money make Buhari take am...gbosa!! Oya start!
Hehehehehe....

When dogs and baboons are presented with truth, impecable logic and historical facts, they get silly.
Anyway, much is not expected from dogs and baboons.
Re: Explosive! How $2.8bn Disappeared From Midland Bank Under Gen. Buhari by Beaf: 4:06pm On May 17, 2012
[size=14pt]More on the "dog and baboon," Buhari from Prof. Wole Soyinka[/size]

Nor must we omit the manner of Buhari coming to power and the pattern of his corrective rule. Shagari’s NPN had already run out of steam and was near universally detested except of course by the handful that still benefited from that regime of profligacy and rabid fascism. Responsibility for the national condition lay squarely at the door of the ruling party, obviously, but against whom was Buharis coup staged? Judging by the conduct of that regime, it was not against Shagaris government but against the opposition. The head of government, on whom primary responsibility lay, was Shehu Shagari. Yet that individual was kept in cozy house detention in Ikoyi while his powerless deputy, Alex Ekwueme, was locked up in Kiri-kiri prisons. Such was the Buhari notion of equitable apportionment of guilt and/or responsibility.

And then the cascade of escapes of the wanted, and culpable politicians. Manhunts across the length and breadth of the nation, roadblocks everywhere and borders tight as steel zip locks. Lo and behold, the chairman of the party, Chief Akinloye, strolled out coolly across the border. Richard Akinjide, Legal Protector of the ruling party, slipped out with equal ease. The Rice Minister, Umaru Dikko, who declared that Nigerians were yet to eat from dustbins – escaped through the same airtight dragnet. The clumsy attempt to crate him home was punishment for his ingratitude, since he went berserk when, after waiting in vain, he concluded that the coup had not been staged, after all, for the immediate consolidation of the party of extreme right-wing vultures, but for the military hyenas.

The case of the overbearing Secretary-General of the party, Uba Ahmed, was even more noxious. Uba Ahmed was out of the country at the time. Despite the closure of the Nigerian airspace, he compelled the pilot of his plane to demand special landing permission, since his passenger load included the almighty Uba Ahmed. Of course, he had not known of the change in his status since he was airborne. The delighted airport commandant, realizing that he had a much valued fish swimming willingly into a waiting net, approved the request. Uba Ahmed disembarked into the arms of a military guard and was promptly clamped in detention. Incredibly, he vanished a few days after and reappeared in safety overseas. Those whose memories have become calcified should explore the media coverage of that saga. Buhari was asked to explain the vanished act of this much prized quarry and his response was one of the most arrogant levity. Coming from one who had shot his way into power on the slogan of displine, it was nothing short of impudent.

Re: Explosive! How $2.8bn Disappeared From Midland Bank Under Gen. Buhari by Pukkah: 4:10pm On May 17, 2012
If indeed Buhari is strongly suspected or guilty of fraud, embezzlement or misappropriation of public funds, who today is supposed to take action by trying him? What is the government of Jonathan looking at?

Who should get more blame - the one who allegedly stole money (Buhari) or the one who is empowered to try him but does nothing (Jonathan)?

@OP, the joke is on you!

Given the failure to do the needful, the whole thing (including this thread) looks like a smear campaign against Buhari.
Re: Explosive! How $2.8bn Disappeared From Midland Bank Under Gen. Buhari by beafroast: 4:12pm On May 17, 2012
Beaf: ^
Another angry dog and baboon with no point. embarassed embarassed embarassed
Proof and logic are what we demand as we listen to the wise words of Soyinka and Fela. The full spectrum of truthful society.

When dogs and baboons are presented with truth, impecable logic and historical facts, they get silly.
Anyway, much is not expected from dogs and baboons.
sharrap dia!!
am tempted 2 call u MUMU. But i see sey u foolish pass garri.
every day Buhari dis,Buhari dat and tins are getting worst under ur master.wetin be our own wit Buhari?!
Abi i send Buhari message?!
Tell ur master make him no thief finish d one wey Buhari thief remain.
Shior!!
By d way u don swear d swear? abi u no get liver?.
U dey f
Re: Explosive! How $2.8bn Disappeared From Midland Bank Under Gen. Buhari by Beaf: 4:13pm On May 17, 2012
^
I hope there isn't a competition going on among the Buhari brigades for who can say the silliest thing? embarassed
Re: Explosive! How $2.8bn Disappeared From Midland Bank Under Gen. Buhari by Beaf: 4:16pm On May 17, 2012
[size=14pt]More words of wisdom. Soyinka on Buhari[/size]

Shall we revisit the tragicomic series of trials that landed several politicians several lifetimes in prison? Recall, if you please, the judicial processes undergone by the septuagenarian Chief Adekunle Ajasin. He was arraigned and tried before Buhari’s punitive tribunal but acquitted. Dissatisfied, Buhari ordered his re-trial. Again, the Tribunal could not find this man guilty of a single crime, so once again he was returned for trial, only to be acquitted of all charges of corruption or abuse of office. Was Chief Ajasin thereby released? No! He was ordered detained indefinitely, simply for the crime of winning an election and refusing to knuckle under Shagari’s reign of terror.

Re: Explosive! How $2.8bn Disappeared From Midland Bank Under Gen. Buhari by Beaf: 4:24pm On May 17, 2012
[size=14pt]Why was Pa Ajasin jailed after being proven innocent over and over?[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Adeboye, Suswam Visit Suntai In New-York / With Cabinet, Nigeria's Buhari Puts Party Before Reforms -REUTERS / Wike Gradually Losing Grip Of PDP Members In Rivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 163
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.